• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
That wasn't my intention at all. There were 3 commentators set for Melee finals, so I assumed 3 for Brawl as well.
I also didn't mention Doom, Diem or TKO.
oh I haven't been asked to Commentate anything not VGBC in forever though anyway.

Apex 2010 was the last time I did full on commentary and too my knowledge it was a big sucess. but it's like everyone just up and forgot about that ****. Apex 2012 I knew I wasn't going to be on because Diem basically controlled that so that was understandable. but this year I just...idk man like not even a back up? especially after that whole Pierce blow up (no offense Pierce but had I done that I'm sure I would never be allowed on a mic ever again.)

it's whatever tho mayne I'll probably be too drunk to care during Apex anyway but just know the sober salt is live.

Pierce knowledge of the game is indeed godlike though his delivery just gotta not be so condescending.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
U are a back up as long as chibo is OK with it...which I am sure he is.

Just hit me up and we can talk. This year will be very different but very focused.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
It's being worked on and there are technical difficulties with the page right now. I don't have the capacity to work on it and Chibo is also busy. Will get done by by next week the latest.
Thanks!!

Also I'd rather listen to someone who knows about the game ALOT. Wouldn't want to listen to stuff that isn't right. Can't be perfect but Pierce isn't bad.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll say it put it out there. Play by play needs to know a lot about the game and tell the story...color commentator needs to add anecdotes and small insight. If play by play can't do that they shouldn't commentate.

I don't care how great they sound on a mic. That is first then others.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean def not knocking play by play commentators because honestly i find keeping up with ALL of that knowledge a little tedious. but I don't think color commentators are throwing out wrong info either (like frame data and what kills at what percent and what not) they are supposed to be there to add hype and that's about it.

Pierce at this moment is probably the best at spewing out facts about the game as said before. its just the delivery that WAS a problem back then I'm sure it's fixed now.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Venue fee is sepeeate from tournament fee to not mess with the pot. Also it was 30 cause it was 10 a day likeall events so we made it simple. People ddon't reg on time means higher venue fee.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
booked a hotel for a reasonable rate (less than a hundred bucks a night) the site then proceeded to charge me $143 as a processing fee.... wtf

if you use hotels.com i would suggest calling ahead to the hotel and seeing if they have any special offers rather than doing it through the site and spending a lot more money than you wanted to.
Whoa that sucks man. And the price looked pretty good too, like $395 or something. (I already got a room at a normal rate, but I shouldn't mess it up by being stingy)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
most spectators come at the door. For those that want to become spectators they are refunded and left at that.

The thing is as a spectator you DO NOT get a badge. you get a wirstband (custom ones like the live strong bands ) and you cannot enter a game. While I think everyone should enter cause it will be worth it...a lot of people come day off unannounced to just watch.

Though tbh I don't see the main point of what you are saying.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Can pm be 2.1 because only having 2 weeks of practice of 2.5 is kinda lame.
This, anyone playing a brawl character in pm has like 2 weeks to figure out a new metagame while melee characters have the same metagame as before, so a spacie main like mango or mew2king will be untouchable in 2.5

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
most spectators come at the door. For those that want to become spectators they are refunded and left at that.

The thing is as a spectator you DO NOT get a badge. you get a wirstband (custom ones like the live strong bands ) and you cannot enter a game. While I think everyone should enter cause it will be worth it...a lot of people come day off unannounced to just watch.

Though tbh I don't see the main point of what you are saying.
i'm just surprised that a spectator fee is so expensive, that's all. my wallet is going to be dry by the end of the weekend lol

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
if i only signed up for brawl singles would it be pointless to go on friday since theres no brawl single events that day? maybe there are and i just didnt read hard enough :/

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
no i mean will there even be brawl set ups on friday? theres no brawl events so i would think there would hardly be any set ups. i would definitely go for casuals if theres actually set ups. i wasnt sure if there were gonna be any tho

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the schedule has brawl doubles bracket, so there will definitely be brawl setups there

Sanu

Smash Champion
I guess i'm coming to this. Anyone want to melee mm? My Falco v your whatever

I'll be easy to spot, I'll be wearing purple wolf ears and a purple tail

:phone:

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Can someone advise on optimal transit from LaGuardia to Penn Station?

Best I can tell, it's bus Q47 from LAG to Jackson Heights - Roosevelt Station and take the F train to 34th St - Herald Square, and then walk 1 block west to Penn Station.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Can someone advise on optimal transit from LaGuardia to Penn Station?

Best I can tell, it's bus Q47 from LAG to Jackson Heights - Roosevelt Station and take the F train to 34th St - Herald Square, and then walk 1 block west to Penn Station.
sounds like you got it right

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello everyone,

Each Smash game, even Smash 64, has their place in this tournament of tournaments, and people from all over the world are traveling there to compete to be the best. But where does Project M fit in among all of this? Unfortunately, a full-blown open-entry tournament simply isn't possible for us, but we've got something that is possibly even better.

APEX 2013

Invitational Project M Tournament

APEX 2013 will be featuring a special invite-only, 16-Man Double-Elimination Bracket for Project M Demo 2.5. With this format, we'll be able to see the world's top players put their skills to the test against each other in the new demo version, set to release on December 28th of this year. We will not be able to livestream it, but we will record every single match to make sure none of this extremely high level play is missed by you guys!

But that's not all. To give these special players incentive to try their hardest, a few unique prizes are available for the finalists to play for! All prizes are for 1st place.

1. A free APEX OCRemix album!
2. A Project M T-Shirt with your name on the back of it!
3. A Trophy/Plaque with your name on it (possibly)! [Details of this are still being worked out!]

Invites will be sent out within the next couple days. We should have the finalized roster of 16 players within two weeks!

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Hello everyone,

Each Smash game, even Smash 64, has their place in this tournament of tournaments, and people from all over the world are traveling there to compete to be the best. But where does Project M fit in among all of this? Unfortunately, a full-blown open-entry tournament simply isn't possible for us, but we've got something that is possibly even better.

APEX 2013

Invitational Project M Tournament

APEX 2013 will be featuring a special invite-only, 16-Man Double-Elimination Bracket for Project M Demo 2.5. With this format, we'll be able to see the world's top players put their skills to the test against each other in the new demo version, set to release on December 28th of this year. We will not be able to livestream it, but we will record every single match to make sure none of this extremely high level play is missed by you guys!

But that's not all. To give these special players incentive to try their hardest, a few unique prizes are available for the finalists to play for! All prizes are for 1st place.

1. A free APEX OCRemix album!
2. A Project M T-Shirt with your name on the back of it!
3. A Trophy/Plaque with your name on it (possibly)! [Details of this are still being worked out!]

Invites will be sent out within the next couple days. We should have the finalized roster of 16 players within two weeks!
Armada's Pit vs All

:phone:

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chillindude829 does not wish to attend APEX 2013 because he does not have a teammate because that Zhu character strung him along before turning him down.

I don't wanna go to apex either now :(

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't want to go without a teammate either? I prefer teams over singles.

Edit : Eff you Zhu, MM

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I asked this like 5 months ago, but I'd like to reconfirm now that this is close:

Both rooms will definitely be used for games this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom