• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
No wonder people thought there were no friendlies this person didn't even check the other room :012:

:phone:

randomsaint

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times or answered somewhere, but are Mango, Armada, and M2K going?

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Both rooms were used for games last time. What do you mean specifically?
That's just wrong. The first room had one thin row of fighting games or pokemon, but was otherwise filled with chairs and booths. The "Smash Room" had Melee on Friday and Brawl on Saturday. It was horrible.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That's just wrong. The first room had one thin row of fighting games or pokemon, but was otherwise filled with chairs and booths. The "Smash Room" had Melee on Friday and Brawl on Saturday. It was horrible.
This time around there will be more room for tourney events according to our setup plan.

Regardless there were still games in both rooms, including tourney matches in both rooms. You'll have to state something more specific before saying I'm wrong on your generalization.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been asked already, but if I were to register now, and find out that I can't make it, will I be refunded? thanks.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
while melee was in the main room brawl and 64 were in the other room as well, and it was reversed when brawl was in the main room

there was a row of chairs going straight down the center of the first room

the FGC tvs had a row of games both days

so your wrong there were games in both rooms all weekend

@007 you have until the registration closes to get a refund after that youd need to be a special case

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Anyone carpooling through New York or anything? I'm flying in to Laguardia and if anyone could help me out that would be cool. If not can someone PM me some good directions on how to get to NJ by public transit

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Anyone carpooling through New York or anything? I'm flying in to Laguardia and if anyone could help me out that would be cool. If not can someone PM me some good directions on how to get to NJ by public transit
What day are you arriving?

:059:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
why didnt you guys announce that mad catz was a new sponsor in this thread? thats a pretty big deal, I think

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Is anyone interested in a blue hat party pika shirt for $20? It's $5 off since AXE said he didn't want it anymore.

The graphic has already been printed, so just tell me what size you want it to be in.

PM me if your interested.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Apex just got that much more hype after what happened at XSmash (for Brawl anyway). Nobody knows what's going to happen at this. If he can keep performing the way he did at XSmash, he could be a contender for #1 in the world.

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Okay guys... I would LIKE to use an LCD monitor at APEX! Now, give me a moment to explain. I know right now you're thinking "NOOO!!!! LCD lags!"; but I have valid reasons for this.

Right now you guys play on SD screens, which in all actually are not lag free. SD screens can only display 30 frames a second; even though Smash Bros runs at 60fps. What SD screens do is "interlacing". It displays even frames on time at 0ms lag, but it also interlaces odd frames into the even frame at an ENTIRE FRAME behind (16.7ms of lag). So in actuality, SD screens technically do lag at exactly half a frame (8.35ms of lag).

The monitor I plan on using for the stream is an ASUS EVO Monitor; the monitor officially sanctioned for tournament use at EVO events. Extensive testing has been done on this monitor; and results have shown us that it lags at about half a frame (or 8ms of lag). So in practicality, it is actually less lag than a CRT. The real advantage of doing it this way is we will be able to supply a much crispier image on the recordings and the stream.

Right now I am streaming The Big N using this setup and the players are saying they can't tell a difference between this setup or CRT SD. http://twitch.tv/8wayrun

LLDL

Smash Hero
We'll test it it at the venue, if lags though, we'll use the SD TV. We can feel a quarter frame of lag. The fact of the matter is there's never been an LCD that hasn't lagged when Melee's played on it. People have tried the asus monitor before. It's not all in our head, there are just many more variables in smash than in a fighting game that allow us to feel that half a second of lag.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I didn't say yes to this so um...you should run it by people in staff before making announcements jaxel.

Also Brawl runs not melee IIRC and even then people do not understand those concepts and would find ANY excuse to hate on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom