• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
pm chibo ...he is a pain to reach iwill reach out to him. Send him a pm and copy me he will do it tonight iw ill make him

Engo

Smash Ace
How risky is it to buy a room for 1-2 people and have 5 people actually sleep there? First time travelling and we're kinda unsure about doing this though it would save us a good chunk of money.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
How risky is it to buy a room for 1-2 people and have 5 people actually sleep there? First time travelling and we're kinda unsure about doing this though it would save us a good chunk of money.
Not overly risky, but you can get caught if you aren't smart about it. Here's a few tips i've picked up from going to conventions and tournaments for 8 years with hyperactive poor people:

• When you're checking in to the hotel, the ppl who are registered should be the only ones to actually go up to the registration desk. The rest of you, dont stand around looking suspicious, either hang out outside or find something to do in the hotel lobby while you wait for them to check in, don't give the hotel staff any reason to associate you with the two dudes who are checking into a two-dude room.
  • Keep the "Do not disturb" sign on the door at all times, this will keep housekeeping from coming and and noticing there's way too much luggage for 2 people. You guys will probably need more towels/toilet paper at some point though (this happened to us last year, I was in the room when housekeeping came around and just asked them for more supplies at my door)
  • Know who has each room key at all times in case you need to go back and you don't have your own key, for the love of god don't ask the front desk to let you into your room
  • As an addendum to that last point, if any of your room keys stops working for any reason, don't risk asking the front desk about it even if you are registered in the room - chances are they'll come with you to test a new key and the jig will be up, just go minus one key for the rest of the trip
  • Keep quiet at night, be mindful of this, nobody likes to be that guy but sometimes you need to remind your roommates to stfu. if anyone calls security on you being too loud you run the risk of getting busted

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Not overly risky, but you can get caught if you aren't smart about it. Here's a few tips i've picked up from going to conventions and tournaments for 8 years with hyperactive poor people:

• When you're checking in to the hotel, the ppl who are registered should be the only ones to actually go up to the registration desk. The rest of you, dont stand around looking suspicious, either hang out outside or find something to do in the hotel lobby while you wait for them to check in, don't give the hotel staff any reason to associate you with the two dudes who are checking into a two-dude room.
  • Keep the "Do not disturb" sign on the door at all times, this will keep housekeeping from coming and and noticing there's way too much luggage for 2 people. You guys will probably need more towels/toilet paper at some point though (this happened to us last year, I was in the room when housekeeping came around and just asked them for more supplies at my door)
  • Know who has each room key at all times in case you need to go back and you don't have your own key, for the love of god don't ask the front desk to let you into your room
  • As an addendum to that last point, if any of your room keys stops working for any reason, don't risk asking the front desk about it even if you are registered in the room - chances are they'll come with you to test a new key and the jig will be up, just go minus one key for the rest of the trip
  • Keep quiet at night, be mindful of this, nobody likes to be that guy but sometimes you need to remind your roommates to stfu. if anyone calls security on you being too loud you run the risk of getting busted
The people at the Hampton for rom5 just didn't care lol. They saw there were 6 of us when we got there and just offered us more pillows, towels, etc.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
pm chibo ...he is a pain to reach iwill reach out to him. Send him a pm and copy me he will do it tonight iw ill make him
i finally got in contact with him regarding a refund, and sent an email to apex email address.
just waiting for the process to go through.(this was almost a week ago)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
This is coming from someone who had 11-12 people in his room, it's not risky. At least it wasn't for me. Take Pidge's tips for advice if you need convicing and assurance.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Usually they charge you, depends on the hotel

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Where are the rulesets for the games?

-Edit. I found it, but in melee is says DSR: A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.

Isnt that MDSR?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you make the Dev guys and the TO like you.

but i think AS said that they werent doing pm anymore because of the high profile-ness of the sponsors. and an unofficial hacked game

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Can someone from the NY/NJ area guide me on how to get from LGA airport to the Hyatt and back? Very important, thanks.
I'm hoping someone else can give you a real guide, but for now, the key is to get to New York Penn Station from LGA airport. Once at Penn Station you can take a Train called North East Corridor to the New Brunswick Train Station which is 3 blocks from the Hyatt.

So it is LGA>NY Penn Station>New Brunswick Train Station. I just don't know how to get from LGA to NY Penn Station.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
There is a bus that drops you off at 125th on the 4-5-6 line.

I will making a few announcements this coming week. Stay tuned.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Who all from Japan is coming to this? Is Nietono coming?

Also, I need a teams partner.
From what Vinnie said to me, and from what I can remember from that: Otori, 9B, Kakera, RAIN, Kuroobi, Mikeneko, Fuwa, Earth, Mikeneko's GF, Ayuha, Suinoko.

I'm missing a couple people, but I can't remember their names. From what Vinnie said to me, around 15 Japanese players are coming for Apex 2013.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
What happens if you get busted? Would they just charge you or would they kick your *** out

:phone:
Maybe if someone was DUMB enough to mention that there's a lot of dudes. I've had this problem before and made the dude pay for the fee.

REEEEE TARD!

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
i apologize in advance if it sounds like im whining and sounding like a *****.

its been over month since ive requested a refund and ive pm chibo twice and even contacted the apex email account. still nothing

chibo pls :c:c:c:c:c:c:c:c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom