• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

sanchaz

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I believe it's important because other smashers may be in the same boat.)

If I'm entering marvel, sf4, and melee (singles), may I be excused to play other tournament matches in ae or marvel? I don't want to be dq. Who would I have to notify?

Another situation is that I'm already playing a tournament match in marvel, will people hold up for me?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I was in that situation last year when brawl pools and marvel bracket was happening at the same time.

They will hold up for you. but you have to stay in good communication with ALL the TOs.

You have to let the guy in charge of your pool know that if you have to play a match and you arent there, its because youre playing a match in the other game. and vice versa. As long as they know where you are, they will push other matchups ahead of you to give you some time. But if you dont talk to anyone and nobody knows where you are, they will just assume that you dipped on your matches and DQ you.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I'll be able to pre-register on the 28th of this month. (Phew) almost had to pay extra.

I have a question though. Is the turbo button banned? I know modded controllers are. However, I'm not sure if the turbo controllers are considered a mod or not.

phish-it

Smash Champion
In most cases they would be. But third party controllers are so terrible you'd be putting yourself at a handicap even trying to use one for any smash game.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I was in that situation last year when brawl pools and marvel bracket was happening at the same time.

They will hold up for you. but you have to stay in good communication with ALL the TOs.

You have to let the guy in charge of your pool know that if you have to play a match and you arent there, its because youre playing a match in the other game. and vice versa. As long as they know where you are, they will push other matchups ahead of you to give you some time. But if you dont talk to anyone and nobody knows where you are, they will just assume that you dipped on your matches and DQ you.
Cool, east coast peeps know whats up.

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I've actually gotten pretty comfortable with it, considering I started out playing with them. So, it'd be nice if I could actually use the turbo button. It makes SHTL a ton easier.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Real Talk I think it would be hilarious if you got close ups of peoples hands playing and had a "Who That Character!" spoof.

"It'ssss...Sheik!"

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
that sounds like an amazing idea hahahaha

also how do the brackets work for apex? this will be my 3rd (4th if im lucky) tournament ever. i've only been to kinda small ones and this is clearly my first apex

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Not as of right now. We have a very good relationship with our current streamers so we are keeping them.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
OP should be updated with this link + other artists that are selling stuff imo.

Less than 8 weeks left. Hype.

:059:
I will be doing that by early Dec. I have yet to send around information for all the artists and I need bios from all of them. I've just confirmed our main set of artists last week.

edit: **** double post >_> sorry.

Tony T

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if the hotel registration will be able to let me do another room I tried already but it only let me do one room and it says its booked for Friday, if you see this Alex I would like to know if there will be any more rooms opening up before Jan?

Tony T

Smash Ace
Damn I almost forgot they may have a convention over there like last year as well that's why it's Completely booked. Then I'll have to work with one room because I can't book another room like I did before at SKTAR because its not in the same hotel.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
there are hotels near by i'd suggest that tbh as long as you have common sense you can handle it.

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
Confirming that the heldrich is a pretty good hotel, but a it on the expnsive side (for USA at least)
I'm setting up LI's (melee) housing at this hotel. I have a room booked there and I'm trying to get other people to do 1-2 other rooms.

90% chance I will not have space.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
I signed up for the tourney, but it still says I have a sign-up in progress and isn't showing that I've signed up yet and it has yet to charge me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom