• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Right, so rojo is fine then? after all of this dragging other UK people to this, my wallet is a little skinny
I'm getting confused with this rojo/hojo stuff but I'm assuming you mean the Howard Johnson Express Inn on the intersection of Route 1 and Route 18: http://www.hojo.com/hotels/new-jers...n-express-inn-new-brunswick-nj/hotel-overview I thought you guys were talking about the Apex area along with the Hyatt earlier.

That HOJO hotel is directly on the intersection of 2 highways and is close but not really the college town part of New Brunswick. I didn't even know that was still considered New Brunswick. Does seem like a little sketchy place but if it was really that bad then it wouldn't be open. For a tournament where I'd only need sleep I'd possibly stay there since its cheap but I'd avoid it if I had a choice.

Here's another optional hotel that is probably just as much if not cheaper than that one and has better reviews http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Piscataway-Piscataway_New_Jersey.html#REVIEWS

That motel is great and usually costs $65 to $75 a night. Never had any problems besides when I turned 21 they said I couldn't get a hotel room until the day after I turn 21. Biggest load of bull**** I ever heard.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Lol of course Mink knows who I am, Mink is a badass who has a long history and legend in Florida, even older than whatever character he is using, Excalibur or whatever.

FOOL!

My legend dates back to the 12th century.

Thanks for sayin' i'm a badass.
You're pretty badass yourself.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Strong Bad: I don't even think it was a policy. They probably just spit it out outta nowhere to avoid me having a crazy party in their motel when I just wanted a room for my girlfriend and myself. I may go over there today and litterally ask them if you can get a room the day you turn 21. If they say yes, imma go ape ****.

Reminds me of the time my friend wanted me to get a blunt from a gas station for him. I showed the gas station attendant my ID and he said "sorry". You have to be 19 to get one and I was well into 19 at the time. Its w/e, guess it has to do with the fact that I look young as hell. Everytime I go to my favorite liquor store they laugh in my face saying "you're in high school right?" I'm freaking 24!!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
The APEX staff meeting was mad hyped last night, you clowns are getting way more then you deserve lolol, Strife & Cris too good.

FOOL!

Even with the namechange FL is connected via telepathy.
Don't sit there and try to mock me with your petty dumb condescending statements.
Please stop filling all the pages with this image, its getting a bit annoying.

:017:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm getting confused with this rojo/hojo stuff but I'm assuming you mean the Howard Johnson Express Inn on the intersection of Route 1 and Route 18: http://www.hojo.com/hotels/new-jers...n-express-inn-new-brunswick-nj/hotel-overview I thought you guys were talking about the Apex area along with the Hyatt earlier.

That HOJO hotel is directly on the intersection of 2 highways and is close but not really the college town part of New Brunswick. I didn't even know that was still considered New Brunswick. Does seem like a little sketchy place but if it was really that bad then it wouldn't be open. For a tournament where I'd only need sleep I'd possibly stay there since its cheap but I'd avoid it if I had a choice.

Here's another optional hotel that is probably just as much if not cheaper than that one and has better reviews http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Piscataway-Piscataway_New_Jersey.html#REVIEWS

That motel is great and usually costs $65 to $75 a night. Never had any problems besides when I turned 21 they said I couldn't get a hotel room until the day after I turn 21. Biggest load of bull**** I ever heard.
right, thanks man. Ill see what the difference between hyatt and motel 6 is before doing any booking
when the discount page in the OP starts working.

also im concerned that im not allowed to book unless im over 21, as i'm only 18 and the guys coming with me (if he gets himself sorted) is 20 :L

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Age shouldn't be a problem... also if you're having issues with the discount code just call up the hotel and try.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
:) if it doesn't work out we'll call the hotel and resolve any issues with the discount code.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Not coming anymore.

I'll be PMing Alex in the morning about a refund.

Sorry to all... 0 people who wanted to meet me.

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys Apex 2012 will be my very first tournament ever. Anything I should know before going there? Am I suppose to bring a TV and a console? Any rules I should be aware of? Always trying to think positive, but I'm probably going to lose my first singles match because I haven't mastered all the techniques yet such as wave dashing and L-cancelling but I think it will be a great experience and I'll learn a lot :) Thanks.

M@v

Subarashii!
There was an occupy penn state for a while. One weekend there was a 24hr gaming marathon for charity that was conveniently located right next to them. Basically we occupied occupy penn state.

#inception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom