• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Alright im about 80% sure im quittin my job for this tourney looooool when are the prices goin up and by how much are they going up by?
Hey Lucky, you may not remember me but I still have your smash art from last apex. You said you couldn't afford it at the time so I've put them away in safe keeping. Do you still want them?

steep

Smash Lord
Officially registered. Can I ask why we would put a tournament so large in New Jersey in January? lol seems silly. Just teasing! I am HYPED for this.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Officially registered. Can I ask why we would put a tournament so large in New Jersey in January? lol seems silly. Just teasing! I am HYPED for this.
If we did it int he summer, we'd be killed by Evo, and Genesis would be kill by us. this way, everyone is happy! :D

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If we did it int he summer, we'd be killed by Evo, and Genesis would be kill by us. this way, everyone is happy! :D
True for Evo regarding FGC games but not smash. As for Genesis following their track record, they shouldn't be having Genesis 3 this summer.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i hope the numbers are high. I dont expect them to be anywhere near smash level attendance but I'll be happy with 40+ for each marvel and AE

cause i love smash, but if i had to decide between apex and EVO, as I couldnt go to both if they were anywhere near each other...id definitely pick EVO

but more importantly, theres another genesis happening? or were you referring to genesis 2?

LLDL

Smash Hero
As there is no more *Pound* series, it's between Apex and Genesis now for big internationals. He's just saying that if there were to be another Genesis, it would most likely be in the summer and it's bad to compete with each other.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i hope the numbers are high. I dont expect them to be anywhere near smash level attendance but I'll be happy with 40+ for each marvel and AE
considering that were shooting for 500 people between brawl and melee. I think its fair to say that the marvel tournament will probably crack 100 even before including the attendance from people who only play marvel/ae.

Theres a crapton of smashers that play marvel. Not as much in AE but definitely in marvel.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Id be fine with 50+ for FGC games each also.

Genesis better not be this summer. This summer is all mine! >:D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i know its not this summer, but its important for me to know if there will be another genesis, period

both for me to be able to attend, and future TOing plans :laugh:

Edit: alot of top brawl players I feel would transition quite well to AE. a shame more of them dont play.

Edit 2: also kid i sent you a reply on facebook to your message. I had forgot about it after i first saw it

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll be at the Artists' desk as early as can be on the first day to set up and sell so I can still play a ton of friendlies.

Prices are based off of materials used, time, and how much of a pain in the arse it is to make:

G&W - $6
Kirby/Jigglypuff/ - $7
Ness/Pikachu/Pichu - $8
Mario/Luigi/Doc/Fox/Falco/Mewtwo - $9
Roy/Marth/Link/Zelda/Ganon/Y. Link/Yoshi/Peach/Sheik/C. Falcon/IC's -$10
DK- $12
Bowser/Samus - $15 (Bowser uses so much damn clay, and Samus's hard edges are a pain.)
I'll buy a Peach and a Yoshi. Maybe a Bowser too, but I'll have to check finances closer to the date.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Shiz + P.C Chris teaming o the HYPE Gonna register for this today Strife so looking forward to it. Can't wait to see W.C people and old school melee heads

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
No credit card
How do I go about paying?
And if I find a teammate AFTER i've registered, can I go back & add doubles to the events i'm playing?
you go to any grocery store and buy a visa gift card thing. it acts as a credit card.

this question should be on the original post if it isn't

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I have a friend who just wants to go to watch and play friendlies. Can you play friendlies with just the spectator fee or do you have to pay the venue fee to play friendlies?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I believe you have to pay the venue fee no matter what, and than the spectator fee is the fee for people that decide not to enter any of the tournaments.

so yea, youd probably have to pay both.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Wait, conflicting answers here. The registration site says:

"If you are spectating, it is $10 for the entire weekend and you will register at the door and will be given a badge."

Brandon seems to confirm, so I'm thinking you're probably mistaken, kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom