• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
m2k said in an interview he thinks mango would be a top player in brawl if he played it...so who knows
even though i hate falco, i would actually love to see mango play falco in brawl. it would be very interesting to watch. that's something on my to-do list.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
even though i hate falco, i would actually love to see mango play falco in brawl. it would be very interesting to watch. that's something on my to-do list.
I'm not mango but I can guarantee you that playing brawl not on his to do list

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament, really wish i could have attended. Definitely going to have to hit up Rom3 and Pound 5 tho. And Apex 2011.

It's pretty disappointing how un-hyped the melee GF were, considering how many awesome matches were streamed. Every set up to and including m2k/armada was amazing. I can't wait until someone steps it up, and GF are just as amazing! Hopefully that someone will be me sometime! =D

I don't know why anyone would say melee is dead after that showing though, considering how enjoyable the majority of the matches were. I'm looking forward to the next big tournament!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah melee's not dead at all. I'd go AGAIN just for melee.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
why is everyone saying the GFs werent entertaining the matches were close for the most part and it wasnt a f****ing jiggs ditto so good **** right there

also why the **** are people hating on hbox so much hes just too ****in good his style may be gay but its wat works for him. id love to see someone else try and emulate his style and see how far they get hes a smart player with beast spacing

also mango needs to learn how to drink get drunk and not get hungover its not hard to get drunk as **** without getting hungover im tired of these bull**** hangover johns

Albert.

Smash Master
So I heard that there might be some good japanese players, I don't know.

EDIT:

also mango needs to learn how to drink get drunk and not get hungover its not hard to get drunk as *** without getting hungover im tired of these bull**** hangover johns
yeah, seriously LOL

drink a lot of water before you go to sleep. P1ss it out. (the alcohol)

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I also checked out the melee stream when the Brawl matches were really bad. It was really hype. I'm a huge Taj fan when it comes to melee. His Mewtwo is AMAZING! So entertaining to watch.

Brood ramen was too delicious.............. O________________O !
VERY DELICIOUS!

Suspect

Smash Hero
crazy results

once again, i hope people from here stops talking down on international players. Idk why the smash community always does that (yes I do)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah taj is a ****ing beast. (/actually plays mewtwo)

he's way smarter then 99.9% of people he plays which is why he's so incredible. i wish the rest of us could be that good >.>

Shift

Smash Journeyman
crazy results

once again, i hope people from here stops talking down on international players. Idk why the smash community always does that (yes I do)
The Japanese players for Brawl were absolutely mind blowing. They're so good at adapting and reading. And they power shield EVERYTHING. They really are frame perfectionist. I have to say though, out of all the Japanese that came, Brood was the most entertaining player to watch that entire tournament. So many unexpected things!

They don't do teams as much but they're pretty good. Another thing about them is that the Japanese mainly play on neutrals.

This will definately keep people from talking down on internationals. And what's funny is Brood is the 2nd best Olimar in Japan. I want to know how the best Olimar player is.

Kole

Smash Lord
does anyone know who the number 1 player in Japan is? is it considered Brood or Rain?

EDIT: holy **** no way Brood is 2nd best Oli in Japan lmao

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
why is everyone saying the GFs werent entertaining the matches were close for the most part and it wasnt a fcking jiggs ditto so good **** right there

also why the *** are people hating on hbox so much hes just too fckin good his style may be gay but its wat works for him. id love to see someone else try and emulate his style and see how far they get hes a smart player with beast spacing

also mango needs to learn how to drink get drunk and not get hungover its not hard to get drunk as *** without getting hungover im tired of these bull**** hangover johns
Yes ppl don't understand his super goodness. I need to play him though... xD

Also, I don't bag on international players. I hear Armada was really nice, I wish I could have played him. : ]

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
why is everyone saying the GFs werent entertaining the matches were close for the most part and it wasnt a fcking jiggs ditto so good **** right there

also why the *** are people hating on hbox so much hes just too fckin good his style may be gay but its wat works for him. id love to see someone else try and emulate his style and see how far they get hes a smart player with beast spacing

Mango used his Style against him at Pound 4. Mango's style of win is more entertaining but less likely to win. Kings style is even more entertaining but even less likely to win. Basically it seems that the more gay you play the more likely it is you'll win. Melee player for the most part have problems playing in gay/non entertaining fashions. It's just...idk a melee thing.

Enough about that though. Lets talk about the real winners of APEX. My homies Dr.PP and Axe!

Suspect

Smash Hero
did someone just say a jiggs had a "more entertaining" style than another...especially talking about hungrybox?

*suspect hit himself due to confusion*

Shift

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know who the number 1 player in Japan is? is it considered Brood or Rain?

EDIT: holy **** no way Brood is 2nd best Oli in Japan lmao
It's true! The Japanese have been saying that Brood is the 2nd best Olimar in Japan and not the first. Just goes to show how amazing they are.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i believe rain is ranked number 1 in the country.

brood is not number 2 although hes very high up there.

japan has a ton of players just as good as rain and brood

masashi, akira, kakera, kyuubi (9b), ocean, rever, souther, and a bunch more.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mango used his Style against him at Pound 4. Mango's style of win is more entertaining but less likely to win. Kings style is even more entertaining but even less likely to win. Basically it seems that the more gay you play the more likely it is you'll win. Melee player for the most part have problems playing in gay/non entertaining fashions. It's just...idk a melee thing.

Enough about that though. Lets talk about the real winners of APEX. My homies Dr.PP and Axe!
Hmmm, this should be kept in mind. : D

So... the gayer you play, the less likely the chance will be for people to like you? (But you can win)

The more entertaining you are (but good as well) the more likely people might like you and cheer for you, but not win? (You could win but then you wouldn't be effecient, just flashy)

hmm... I might be wrong...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
did someone just say a jiggs had a "more entertaining" style than another...especially talking about hungrybox?

*suspect hit himself due to confusion*
Styles are different between Hbox and King. If you can't tell that your blind/crazy. It's like comparing Pink Shinobi with Armada in terms of Playstyle. one is clearly way more entertaining.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
i believe rain is ranked number 1 in the country.

brood is not number 2 although hes very high up there.

japan has a ton of players just as good as rain and brood

masashi, akira, kakera, kyuubi (9b), ocean, rever, souther, and a bunch more.

Don't forget Kaito. Kid is amazing.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Yo, either Mango needs drinking tips from me (ask the midwest, son, i dont john out on drinking) or he needs to quit being a wuss. Hbox won because Hbox played the best at that tourney. I'm just ****ing glad M2gay didn't take 1st or 2nd in either event. Not hatin on M2gay, but god**** it gets hard to watch the same guy who's really good at gay keep winning. Whoo! Go Japan + Europe!!!

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Hmmm, this should be kept in mind. : D

So... the gayer you play, the less likely the chance will be for people to like you? (But you can win)

The more entertaining you are (but good as well) the more likely people might like you and cheer for you, but not win? (You could win but then you wouldn't be effecient, just flashy)

hmm... I might be wrong...

sounds about right i mean why are falcon mains the most liked smashers? or at the very least always have a crowd behind them its cause falcon is flashy no matter what he does lol

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice

Well, if all the melee player played gay, you'll see fox just laser camp jiggs and win by timeout.

Then melee matches against jiggs will always be done with timeout, and the game would be terrible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Don't forget Kaito. Kid is amazing.
KAITO!!

I was trying to hard to remember his name but I couldnt think of it, so I just had to say "and a bunch more"

and on the note of melee and camping and janky playstyles...

wasnt jman the highest placin fox main? and isnt he almost guaranteed a money spot at any tourney he goes to? and isnt he NOTORIOUS for being like the campiest fox out there?

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
somebody left a pikachu sticker at the snack bar. i gave it to the only man deserving of it. <3 axe

also IB we gotta keep in touch. teach me lol.

oh. and i broke 4 shields.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
So when Brood beat M2k, did a japanese player really cry because he was so proud that one of his own defeated the might king of mewtwos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom