• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
To be fair, she probably had meagre development costs to add a character who, while I'm not sure of NA, is indefinitely more popular both with the developer and in Japan, and is capable of playing like Marth because of her appearances. If they are going to go for one character just for the fans, go with the one more people want. Consider Lucina a "freebie" since it's obvious she didn't cost them much.
True. If I seem down on her it's because I want her to be unique! Her being a clone kinda sucks IMO.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure making jokes in the Chrom support topic is okay, especially considering how soon it is.

Hong

The Strongest
No. It's not.

From one user to another, be a bit more respectful. You are free to objectively analyze why they came to the decision they did or offer your condolences, but don't mock Chrom supporters in their own thread.

Hammer Man

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6681-4351
My condolences. I may not be a supporter for Chrom, but you guys busted your caps to make it to 81 pages and i'm very proud of you all for you effort. you've done a very good job supporting the lord and the way he was deconfirmed went too far.

I wish you all the best and enjoy Smash 4 went it releases, now I must leave this thread hoping to see some happy faces from you supporters. Never give up and keep rolling.

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
...I...I...I'm... ...I'm sorry, Chrom fans. I know this really mean much to you.

I wouldn't mind if Chrom was playable. Many ideas were in his favor(lance, shield, abilities, etc), but it seems that Robin was the more interesting choice, and I'm okay with that.

What I'm not okay with that that they made Chrom's even more boring daughter playable(in some way), yet Chrom himself is reduced to being Robin's Final Smash Attack(which matters not one bit in Tournament Play)! Well, at least Chrom is doing his own thing(when he is summoned, anyway), whereas Lucina is, pretty much, Marth's stunt double.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
TBH, I still don't buy the IGN bull****, IGN is a site that's full of stupidity, and I don't put it beyond them faking something like that, I think Chrom is not going to Join now, but he will join later on as an Ike clone (a fast Ike will be welcomed) and I don't mind clones anymore, Sakurai can do it, the model is there the bones are there, he need to repair his relationship with Chrom fans...it really is terrible! I've became a Chrom supporter after confirming Ike was in the game, it's quite cruel for Sakurai to treat the character like that.

In fact he might be another G&W situation, where G&W appeared in the Pacman trailer but wasn't mentioned in the site, maybe this is how they are revealing secret charaters!.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
TBH, I still don't buy the IGN bull****, IGN is a site that's full of stupidity, and I don't put it beyond them faking something like that, I think Chrom is not going to Join now, but he will join later on as an Ike clone (a fast Ike will be welcomed) and I don't mind clones anymore, Sakurai can do it, the model is there the bones are there, he need to repair his relationship with Chrom fans...it really is terrible! I've became a Chrom supporter after confirming Ike was in the game, it's quite cruel for Sakurai to treat the character like that.

In fact he might be another G&W situation, where G&W appeared in the Pacman trailer but wasn't mentioned in the site, maybe this is how they are revealing secret charaters!.
Don't give up hope! Looking at how detailed he is it may be an easy dlc character later! That's my personal opinion for now.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I might have trouble sleeping tonight. It's hard to not think about it. It's a reason I like Chrom so much. He's a leader that pulls his comrades through any situation.
I'll have to adapt, though, I'll enjoy smash 4 when I play it.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I want you all to know how thankful I am that Chrom gave his life so that the roster may not suck.

Think of it this way -- being the bro that Chrom is, he bowed out to let his best friend and daughter join in the fun instead. Chrom is a hero and the Exalt. He has to put others before himself, and he always has.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I want you all to know how thankful I am that Chrom gave his life so that the roster may not suck.

Think of it this way -- being the bro that Chrom is, he bowed out to let his best friend and daughter join in the fun instead. Chrom is a hero and the Exalt. He has to put others before himself, and he always has.
Straight up man.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Chrom became a martyr to save us from a dark, hopeless future. For that, we should be grateful.

Hong

The Strongest
Notice how in the Robin art, Chrom is in the background? He's kind of like MUFASA, watching over his sondaughter.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion

You're in Stage 1, bro.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Oh whatever. Forgot it was "Mufasa". In my defence, I was never interested in Disney moves as a kid since I have no soul. :b
I never liked them besides Aladdin, so I feel you there.

Just thought it was funny since I'm pretty sure Mustafa was a dictator or something like that.

Tungsten

Smash Rookie
My condolences. I may not be a supporter for Chrom, but you guys busted your caps to make it to 81 pages and i'm very proud of you all for you effort. you've done a very good job supporting the lord and the way he was deconfirmed went too far.

I wish you all the best and enjoy Smash 4 went it releases, now I must leave this thread hoping to see some happy faces from you supporters. Never give up and keep rolling.
Better luck next time eh? and the ridley thread has almost 1150 at the time in writing this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm at college orientation, and finally had wifi...and then my hype was crushed.

Expect...something, tomorrow. I need to sleep after this...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm at college orientation, and finally had wifi...and then my hype was crushed.

So, wait, you mean you didn't know until... Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry...

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
I never liked them besides Aladdin, so I feel you there.

Just thought it was funny since I'm pretty sure Mustafa was a dictator or something like that.
Its actually really funny IMO because this is Mustafa.

A General from Awakening that fights against Chrom.
Chrom is like Mufasa in the Portrait
Which sounds like Mustafa
Mustafa is an enemy character that served under King Gangrel, who uses the Levin Sword.
Robin uses a Levin Sword in smash.
Chrom serves under Robin in smash.
CHROM CONFIRMED DLC CHARACTER

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lots of tears...

he is literally paddling on board with Dark Pit, though.
Whatever is to be said for that, I think there is quite a bit in common is all. Alt costume, or character, there is evidently something being lead with the direction at the end of these newer videos.
I'm not going to pretend I particularly cared or even supported the thought of his inclusion one way or the other.

But he deserved better than to go out that way. Dark Pit's not even close to being on the same level as Chrom.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not going to pretend I particularly cared or even supported the thought of his inclusion one way or the other.

But he deserved better than to go out that way. Dark Pit's not even close to being on the same
I level as Chrom.
I honestly posted that before I saw him in the final smash, when I just thought he was 'looks like I will have to fight another time.'
Even still I think it may, very slightly be that he has as much chance of being a skin as Dark Pit... or at least that they each have as likely of a shot?

Well-- honestly I think this likely swift kill to him was the best. Having hope can be rough (though, with two reps for one FE game, and four total, thinking there would be five is... a bit much)

Hong

The Strongest
Suppose that's true. Ridley fans, for example, have been expended no mercy. :( If he doesn't show up, they'd have wished they just showed him back in August.

Meanwhile, given Ike's appearance, the biases of Intelligent Systems and Mr. Sakurai's talks, the leak was the most convincing reason to think Chrom would be in the game. The only surprise today is Lucina, who I would attribute to IS bias.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

I hope you can sleep well and stay calm. We need to stick together more than ever at this time. Let it all off your chest when you have the time.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Want to know what really rubs a bit extra salt in the wound for me is? No Chrom amiibo (unless we get some with SMTxFE). :c

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Came here to pay my respects for Chrom. While I was a large detractor against him, I do feel sorry for you guys. The way Chrom was treated was pretty bad in the trailer, but I'm glad he made it into the game in some form, as a final Smash. (Even though I was prefering an Assist. Guess we can save that for Anna? :grin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom