• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Warning Received
We don't have to explain ourselves to him, he's not here to debate, he's here to tell us we're wrong and make it apparent he doesn't think Chrom would be a good choice.
If he were a good choice he would be in the game from the start.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While I do think the way he said that could have been better, I think he did provide a valid observation. A lot of fans ended up being quite satisfied with Robin and Lucina, and don't really see the need for another character. This is something worth keeping in mind; after all, you'll need to convince people that we should have Chrom playable if you want to see that dream of yours realized.
It's less so what he was trying to say and more so the way he presented it, if that makes sense. I have no qualms with Robin and Lucina, for example, and am fully hoping to show people the need. The way IronFish stated it though only incites arguments.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
While I do think the way he said that could have been better, I think he did provide a valid observation. A lot of fans ended up being quite satisfied with Robin and Lucina, and don't really see the need for another character. This is something worth keeping in mind; after all, you'll need to convince people that we should have Chrom playable if you want to see that dream of yours realized.
In fairness, a lot of people here liked Lucina and Robin more but believed Chrom would be playable so we had to win them over from the beginning anyways.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I don't think people are particularly satisfied with Lucina actually, the response outside this site has been unfairly negative. That said, the commenter hasn't brought up any real argument, he should visit the site and read the detailed moveset before saying he is "another clone"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never did get the Lucina hate. Yeah, she's a clone, but she was essentially a last-minute bonus. It's not like they took a lot of time to make her and eat up development time.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I never did get the Lucina hate. Yeah, she's a clone, but she was essentially a last-minute bonus. It's not like they took a lot of time to make her and eat up development time.
I think a lot of that comes from the more radical side of Lucina supporters. I mean like the one's that think Lucina is the god of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I mean I have no problem with Lucina and I think it is cool she got in but there are some people that take it too far. Like the few I have seen trash talking Robin as well as Chrom. It's just a bit excessive but I don't really see that on this site.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In fairness, a lot of people here liked Lucina and Robin more but believed Chrom would be playable so we had to win them over from the beginning anyways.
Well, now you're going to have to win them over again. Only this time you have the disadvantage of us already having two Awakening characters and Chrom being officially de-confirmed. I imagine that is a rather daunting task.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Well, now you're going to have to win them over again. Only this time you have the disadvantage of us already having two Awakening characters and Chrom being officially de-confirmed. I imagine that is a rather daunting task.
Tis true, but I think reinforcing the fact that his dlc; an addition not taking anyone's "slot" may help. A self-healing juggle/combo based character who rounds out the fe appearances? I don't see the problem, but that's why we need (fair) criticisms.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Tis true, but I think reinforcing the fact that his dlc; an addition not taking anyone's "slot" may help. A self-healing juggle/combo based character who rounds out the fe appearances? I don't see the problem, but that's why we need (fair) criticisms.
Well, people may just not see the point in them putting in the effort into making Chrom DLC, especially since there are other characters that people may like to see as DLC, and having Chrom as one of the ones made into DLC may cause people to worry that he took up the time that could have gone into a more interesting character. Not to mention, aside from Chrom's theoretically unique capabilities, there just may not be enough good reasons for why Chrom should be made playable to convince people that he should be in.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Well, people may just not see the point in them putting in the effort into making Chrom DLC, especially since there are other characters that people may like to see as DLC, and having Chrom as one of the ones made into DLC may cause people to worry that he took up the time that could have gone into a more interesting character. Not to mention, aside from Chrom's theoretically unique capabilities, there just may not be enough good reasons for why Chrom should be made playable to convince people that he should be in.
However, he is already fully modeled and looks quite detailed, and for what it's worth dlc make take a very long time; I doubt time constraints are a problem here, but no one REALLY knows.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
DLC characters aren't even going to happen because costs of producing new characters which literally multiplies the workload as more and more characters are added to the game outweigh the benefits of a fraction of players buying the character. If they were important enough to be their own characters they would have made it in the original roster. DLC character skins are more likely since a render of a character based on a preexisting one can take less than a day and will definitely produce profits. And Chrom won't be one due to the fact that he's disconfirmed and a part of Robin's Final Smash which will remain as is no matter how many upset Internet folk bother Sakurai about him being wrong about one character out of 50+ in SSB4. Most Fire Emblem fans are pleased with Fire Emblem's representation already and wouldn't run a hundred miles just for one more.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
DLC characters aren't even going to happen because costs of producing new characters which literally multiplies the workload as more and more characters are added to the game outweigh the benefits of a fraction of players buying the character. If they were important enough to be their own characters they would have made it in the original roster. DLC character skins are more likely since a render of a character based on a preexisting one can take less than a day and will definitely produce profits. And Chrom won't be one due to the fact that he's disconfirmed and a part of Robin's Final Smash which will remain as is no matter how many upset Internet folk bother Sakurai about him being wrong about one character out of 50+ in SSB4. Most Fire Emblem fans are pleased with Fire Emblem's representation already and wouldn't run a hundred miles just for one more.
We know it's unlikely, but this helps no one. Your post is just telling us what is probably going to happen. And judging from your avatar, I'm gonna guess you don't care whether chrom is dlc or not; so why comment?

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
We know it's unlikely, but this helps no one. Your post is just telling us what is probably going to happen. And judging from your avatar, I'm gonna guess you don't care whether chrom is dlc or not; so why comment?
I'm only trying to explain logic here. :rolleyes: And I care about the franchise.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I'm only trying to explain logic here. :rolleyes:
But we know the logic, even if it is a little flawed. After all, what if only a handful of dlc additions are added; it's not like the workload will increase exponentially. In addition, none of us know how sakurai/nintendo will approach dlc, if they do at all. That said, how does "explaining logic" do anything here? Supporters have admitted our goal is basically impossible multiple times: if you can offer something other than "it's not likely" or "chrom sux" I'll take it gladly! But frankly, it's getting a little frustrating how people assume we don't understand we most likely will not succeed. That said, I really appreciate your civility, and would really like if you can share some specifics as to why you oppose chrom's moveset or aesthetic specifically. :)

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
*reads over the last several pages* Oh wow. You guys are really serious about this. I admit your odds look pretty bleak right now, but I applaud your enthusiasm. Good luck, you guys.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Anyways, I'm not too concerned on debating what the campaign is going to do for us anymore. I will be happy just to be a part of it whether we accomplish a lot or nothing. I don't see a point in fighting over it especially with anyone really trying to make us change our minds. I mean if I saw more interest in the comments I would gladly try and persuade them to our cause but I'm not seeing that possibility from any non-supporters in this thread at the moment.

I would like to make one point though. While character production could be a tedious task, when it comes to DLC the reimbursement for creating a character is much greater. You are talking about $5 per character possibly. Even if it is a less popular character you will make a significant of money off of that. The game itself will cost $60 and us already having 11 newcomers puts each newcomer at under $6. Not counting any possible newcomers yet to be revealed (you could also count out Lucina since she was low production leaving all newcomers at $6) Then you take into consideration that people are paying for the new stages, returning stages, music, veterans, mini games, etc. That value is significantly lower. Probably about $1 per newcomer. The cost effeciency goes way up. Also a lot of people will buy DLC just to buy DLC then there are the fans of the characters. It's a great opportunity to be honest. Plus when it involves money and happiness of the consumer there isn't much reason not to do it unless it involves hardware limitations. If people quit just because things got hard, we would not have many of the things we have today.

Bit more of a rant than I wanted but whatever. If you try to comment back I will probably ignore. Not because I am admitting defeat but like I said earlier I don't see a point in arguing anymore. Also, money talked about in the situation above would be US currency.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Anyways, I'm not too concerned on debating what the campaign is going to do for us anymore. I will be happy just to be a part of it whether we accomplish a lot or nothing. I don't see a point in fighting over it especially with anyone really trying to make us change our minds. I mean if I saw more interest in the comments I would gladly try and persuade them to our cause but I'm not seeing that possibility from any non-supporters in this thread at the moment.

I would like to make one point though. While character production could be a tedious task, when it comes to DLC the reimbursement for creating a character is much greater. You are talking about $5 per character possibly. Even if it is a less popular character you will make a significant of money off of that. The game itself will cost $60 and us already having 11 newcomers puts each newcomer at under $6. Not counting any possible newcomers yet to be revealed (you could also count out Lucina since she was low production leaving all newcomers at $6) Then you take into consideration that people are paying for the new stages, returning stages, music, veterans, mini games, etc. That value is significantly lower. Probably about $1 per newcomer. The cost effeciency goes way up. Also a lot of people will buy DLC just to buy DLC then there are the fans of the characters. It's a great opportunity to be honest. Plus when it involves money and happiness of the consumer there isn't much reason not to do it unless it involves hardware limitations. If people quit just because things got hard, we would not have many of the things we have today.

Bit more of a rant than I wanted but whatever. If you try to comment back I will probably ignore. Not because I am admitting defeat but like I said earlier I don't see a point in arguing anymore. Also, money talked about in the situation above would be US currency.
I think we've made it clear that we understand the chances , and I really agree with your post, especially the "happy to be involved part." My brother was crushed by chrom's deconfirmation, so I can at least try, why not?

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Bandana Dee now has a leak backing him that is gaining credibility. If he is confirmed for smash, that might pose a problem concerning the lance related moves (or at least the ones I thought we should put in to make his moveset even more unique) for our Chrom moveset. Which makes me wonder. It would help explain why Sakurai didn't think Chrom could be original because I am sure he considered the possibility of Chrom utilizing lances. It's a curious thought.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
So.... Why are you in this thread?

Not trying to flame or anything, this is a thread for Chrom fans, not to debate why he shouldn't be in.

At this point, combined with the twitter and interview, I believe what happened was Chrom either took Sakurai's waifu during the play through and married her, or Sakurai wanted to be the girl, and didn't marry someone yet, at which point Chrom married Sakurai without his consent.

That would honestly explain the steaming turd that got dropped on Chrom in the reveal.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People are free to express concerns as long as they're civil. It's all good; can't win 'em all, after all.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Aaand my post is finally up! Not sure if Smashboards will let me post a link just yet though. Let us see.

[Giveaway Ahoy!]

Edit: Woah that looks weirdly squished on my theme, but not on my dash. Huh. Oh well.
Great, now to spread it! Maybe it should be posted on the twitter and wordpress page.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Bandana Dee now has a leak backing him that is gaining credibility. If he is confirmed for smash, that might pose a problem concerning the lance related moves (or at least the ones I thought we should put in to make his moveset even more unique) for our Chrom moveset. Which makes me wonder. It would help explain why Sakurai didn't think Chrom could be original because I am sure he considered the possibility of Chrom utilizing lances. It's a curious thought.
Link to the Bandana Dee Rumor ?

EndlessChrom

Smash Rookie
Hey yo.
Its really nice, to see so much support for Chrom :)
The day Chrom got disconfirmed I made a video for his disconfirmation. The video shows exactly how i felt in the moment Chrom got disconfirmed. I really hope on that DLC thing.
Nothing special but i wanted to bring it out on the same day, he got disconfirmed.

Edit:
Thanks Shrooby for this awesome banner :)

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Link to the Bandana Dee Rumor ?
http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/

Probably should have did that already, my bad.

I don't believe it for one reason. I'm pretty sure this leak started on smashboards and it just so happens to contain some of smashboards most wanted newcomers. The only thing is he predicted what Sakurai said in his interview last Saturday about Chrom and Lucina and some info about Rayman being a scrapped playable character. Still some pretty weird stuff though.

Oh yeah. He also posts actively on it so most of the leaked info is spread out across the pages.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/

Probably should have did that already, my bad.

I don't believe it for one reason. I'm pretty sure this leak started on smashboards and it just so happens to contain some of smashboards most wanted newcomers. The only thing is he predicted what Sakurai said in his interview last Saturday about Chrom and Lucina and some info about Rayman being a scrapped playable character. Still some pretty weird stuff thoug

Oh yeah. He also posts actively on it so most of the leaked info is spread out across the pages.
That leak is super fake IMO. Toggling wave dash? No way

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey yo.
Its really nice, to see so much support for Chrom :)
The day Chrom got disconfirmed I made a video for his disconfirmation. The video shows exactly how i felt in the moment Chrom got disconfirmed. I really hope on that DLC thing.
Nothing special but i wanted to bring it out on the same day, he got disconfirmed.

Edit:
Thanks Shrooby for this awesome banner :)
R.I.P. Chrom (2012-2014) :crying:

Good thing this ought to change if the campaign turns out to be a success.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
That leak is super fake IMO. Toggling wave dash? No way
Like I said I don't believe that leak but thinking about Bandana Dee in does make me wonder about him not wanting to give Chrom lance moves for the sake of those moves being too similar to Bandana Dee's potential moves. It wasn't that important but it was just something I thought about.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Like I said I don't believe that leak but thinking about Bandana Dee in does make me wonder about him not wanting to give Chrom lance moves for the sake of those moves being too similar to Bandana Dee's potential moves. It wasn't that important but it was just something I thought about.
I know, just left my thoughts and it's validity. That's also something we ought to consider in this thread (regarding spear moves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom