• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Off-topic, but I would have liked for Lucina to have been more different from Marth than she was, being different on a level par with Luigi or even Wolf.

This kind of "X over Y?! X is a waste of a character slot!" bashing tends to generally happen in crossovers and Smash Bros is no exception. Heck, Smash 4 alone has several examples of newcomers that had this treatment by their detractors:
:4pacman::4wiifit::4mii::rosalina::4greninja:

And for veterans, you need only look at :4tlink: and especially:4lucario: (see here)

Had Chrom been in, I can guarantee you that there would have been people who would have complained about him getting in "over" :4robinm::4lucina: and several other characters just like the other characters that got the same treatment.
problem is:

:4pacman: is a relic, most people simply don't care about him and there seems to be some anti-3rd party thing going on sometimes
:4mii: took up 3 slots, and almost NOBODY wanted them
:4wiifit: people were bitter because she was a rep from casual games that they disliked and though awful
:rosalina: hate completely justified since Toad and Jr were more important in main games... heck, spin offs make even Daisy and Waluigi better.
:4greninja: Mewtwo trolling

Chrom, if anything would be the same as :4littlemac:. Bland aesthetically but with a cool attitude and a cool, seemingly very fun moveset; most likely he would be well recieved, less so because of his hair and weapon of choice. Possibly :4lucina: would bring more hate to Chrom by proxy of the same features.

There would be detractors, sure, especially since at that point people were becoming afraid of Shulk and/or Chorus kids due to gematsu, and Chrom only solidified their fears... and the moveset thing, assuming sakurai wouldn't have given us Unique!Chrom.

what a wasted opportunity.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
problem is:

:4pacman: is a relic, most people simply don't care about him and there seems to be some anti-3rd party thing going on sometimes
:4mii: took up 3 slots, and almost NOBODY wanted them
:4wiifit: people were bitter because she was a rep from casual games that they disliked and though awful
:rosalina: hate completely justified since Toad and Jr were more important in main games... heck, spin offs make even Daisy and Waluigi better.
:4greninja: Mewtwo trolling

Chrom, if anything would be the same as :4littlemac:. Bland aesthetically but with a cool attitude and a cool, seemingly very fun moveset; most likely he would be well recieved, less so because of his hair and weapon of choice. Possibly :4lucina: would bring more hate to Chrom by proxy of the same features.

There would be detractors, sure, especially since at that point people were becoming afraid of Shulk and/or Chorus kids due to gematsu, and Chrom only solidified their fears... and the moveset thing, assuming sakurai wouldn't have given us Unique!Chrom.

what a wasted opportunity.
I think you're proving his point...

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I think you're proving his point...
you mean with the last sentence? ha. that was intentional.

:4pacman: hate has nothing to do with slots. :4mii: didn't take anyone's specific slot. :4greninja: was probably used to hype up :mewtwopm:even more (the 3 fingers thing). i'm just saying that, most of the whining of this variety comes from people wo wanted reps less important than the ones who got in smash. Like, if Pig Ganon got in there would be rage with the Impa/Ghirahim/Tingle supporters, but it's their fault for going for the side characters.

such reasoning is not valid for :rosalina:, :4lucina: and arguably :4robinm: because there is a legit motive for that specific bahsing to happen. Chrom would not suffer from this, especially since, like :4littlemac: and gameplay-wise, :rosalina:, his bashing would be mostly killed upon his reveal; so people would simply not complain much. i hoped, anyways

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to see an end to things such as

"Ha! Chrom's not in and Lucina is! His face is in the dirt WHERE IT BELONGS. I'm so glad my Waifu is in over that GENERIC TRASH, Lucina is MUCH MORE original that CHROM is ANYWAY, AND more important!"

"What. How dare Sakurai not put in Chrom, and the stupid Lucina is in over him? Chrom would'e been a MUCH BETTER choice than Lucina, he could even have a BETTER MOVESET than her, Smash has too many FEMALE characters as it is, don't even get me STARTED on female Robin. Also CHROM IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ROBIN & LUCINA COMBINED GEEZE."

"omg why doz evry firemblm chractr haf blu hair, are they all related??? lolno because then ike and marth cnt be relationship status"

"You're all wrong. Robin is the Fire Emblem protagonist, he does EVERYTHING important in the game, EVERYTHING happens because of HIM. THAT'S why he DESERVED the Smash slot, Chrom's dumb and just like EVERY OTHER LORD and Lucina is just like him EXCEPT A GIRL."

A combination of the above is also what I've seen. All of this needs to stop.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I would just like to see an end to things such as

"Ha! Chrom's not in and Lucina is! His face is in the dirt WHERE IT BELONGS. I'm so glad my Waifu is in over that GENERIC TRASH, Lucina is MUCH MORE original that CHROM is ANYWAY, AND more important!"

"What. How dare Sakurai not put in Chrom, and the stupid Lucina is in over him? Chrom would'e been a MUCH BETTER choice than Lucina, he could even have a BETTER MOVESET than her, Smash has too many FEMALE characters as it is, don't even get me STARTED on female Robin. Also CHROM IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ROBIN & LUCINA COMBINED GEEZE."

"omg why doz evry firemblm chractr haf blu hair, are they all related??? lolno because then ike and marth cnt be relationship status"

"You're all wrong. Robin is the Fire Emblem protagonist, he does EVERYTHING important in the game, EVERYTHING happens because of HIM. THAT'S why he DESERVED the Smash slot, Chrom's dumb and just like EVERY OTHER LORD and Lucina is just like him EXCEPT A GIRL."

A combination of the above is also what I've seen. All of this needs to stop.
i don't get the few "lucina got in Chrom's way" complainers, really... complaing that she is playable and Chrom is not is one thing, but it's not like she messed with Chrom's chances if anything Mii Swordman did

for our DLc movement, yeah, she could very well hinder it, but for the defualt roster? totally unrelated. though realistically, due to their matching body sizes, i do think chrom would've been a better alt, but since there is a stigma against clones, going with the Female who is Popular was the wise decision (she is less unique than Tlink and far less hated. just for perspective.)

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
A friend of mine made a Chrom and Robin comparison to Capcom putting Zero in Tatsunoko VS Capcom instead of Megaman X. Many people overlooked that game due to the many unfamiliar characters from the Tatsunoko side. However, when Capcom announced they were going to make Marvel VS Capcom 3, a lot people were practically begging for Megaman X as playable character. So what does Capcom do? They bring back Zero and recycled his moveset from Tatsunoko VS Capcom instead.

Some people argued that X's moveset wouldn't work in game that's all about chaining multiple combos together and X was primarily a ranged fighter. While that didn't stop Capcom from including characters like Chris Redfield who primarily fights with firearms. Worst of all, Capcom didn't even bother to add X to the UMVC3 even though X was number #1 on the capcom poll of most requested characters.

However, there are some difference between Nintendo and Capcom other than disc DLC. Capcom was lazy and added Zero because he already has a moveset from Tatsunoko that they could use rather than design a moveset for Megaman X. Sakurai could have easily done the same to Chrom create another swordfighter moveset. He didn't do it because he found it to be redundant and not because it was hard.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Chrom is the fanboys who bash :4lucina: and :4robinm: because he's not in Smash. I like Chrom. Not as much as :4robinm: or :4lucina:, but I still like him.

And the fact he doesn't react to :4robinm: banging :4lucina:, or Morgan being his granddaughter. I wanted to see his reaction. That will always disappoint me.
Probably too busy getting his :4dk:wet in whoever's standing next to him on the field to notice.

I turned a bit of a blind eye to Chromfan rage in the last month, but since he's effectively become a joke it's a bit hard to find now.

I sometimes found it justified, since Chrom and Robin go better together as a duo in Smash than Lucina, who molests
Robin and subsequently gets knocked :GCU: if you don't pair him up with somebody before Chapter 13. Chrom and Robin are friends to the end no matter what happens in the game or what you pick, while Lucina is either possibly your wife or possibly your kid.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
You know what I hate is when people insert character heads instead of just spelling out their names

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
You know what I hate is when people insert character heads instead of just spelling out their names
if you want to write Mister Game And Watch, be my guest. :gawmelee:

So guys, shulk in.

things just got a bit harder for us, but hey, Shulk is cool at least

i'd say the buffing ideas for Chrom are out of the window, but... we got 5 new people running around with a counter move, so yeah

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Probably too busy getting his :4dk:wet in whoever's standing next to him on the field to notice.

I turned a bit of a blind eye to Chromfan rage in the last month, but since he's effectively become a joke it's a bit hard to find now.

I sometimes found it justified, since Chrom and Robin go better together as a duo in Smash than Lucina, who molests
Robin and subsequently gets knocked :GCU: if you don't pair him up with somebody before Chapter 13. Chrom and Robin are friends to the end no matter what happens in the game or what you pick, while Lucina is either possibly your wife or possibly your kid.
Did you say :4lucina: molested :4robinm:?

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
hum, at first, i though that there was 0 hpe for the buff moves mentioned so far thanks to Shulk's, but it seems his come with trade-offs, so i guess it would be ok.

It's not like repeating moves between newcomers inst' a thing... Counter... :peachmelee::marthmelee::roymelee:, :ike::lucario::pit::wolf:,:4greninja::4littlemac::4lucina::4palutena: and Shulk; possibly Dark Pit (Guardian Orbitars works as a counter?)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
hum, at first, i though that there was 0 hpe for the buff moves mentioned so far thanks to Shulk's, but it seems his come with trade-offs, so i guess it would be ok.

It's not like repeating moves between newcomers inst' a thing... Counter... :peachmelee::marthmelee::roymelee:, :ike::lucario::pit::wolf:,:4greninja::4littlemac::4lucina::4palutena: and Shulk; possibly Dark Pit (Guardian Orbitars works as a counter?)
Wait, :wolf: has a counter?

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Double Post
Wait, :wolf: has a counter?
Reflector can act as a counter becaus eof the early invincibilty frames

i counted it as a counter because Sakurai counted it as one too; in the dojo (look it up).

it's an awesome move! i hope that if SSB4 Wolf is a thing, he doesn't lose the move like Falco did.

So, people, if chrom doesn't end up bringing multiple swords like my idea was, would you be Ok with him bringing his Rapier for 3 or 5 normals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My brother and I teased out a potential fighting style for Chrom prior to the Robin / Lucina reveal. We both agreed that, at his core, he'd be a sort of "middle ground" between Marth and Ike; this is pretty standard speculation, of course, so nothing new there/. He also suggested that Chrom could dual wield the Falchion and a lance for backup strikes, thus giving him a wee bit more range than your usual swordfighter.

Personally, I'd love to see him wielding the power of Naga as manifest in the Awakened Falchion. Rather than merely attributing a divine green flame decal to his regular moves, how and ever, I'd be more than happy to see him follow in the steps of Captain Falcon (irony or ironies, am I right?) and Zero Suit Samus and use original moves not necessarily seen in the actual game. Goodness knows there could be a healthy helping of variety therein, and balancing out the roster with some unique and distinctive swordfighters can hardly be anything but a good idea.

How about a moveset involving the divine intervention of Naga herself? Or commanding an arsenal of martial weapons (sword, lances, axes, etc.) not ordinarily wielded by Lords in Fire Emblem? I'd like to think he'd be more than just a compromise between Marth and Ike without adding anything of real benefit to his character to the roster. His potential role as a tribute to Fire Emblem's combat system in general, rather than simply a direct portrayal of he Lord Class, could prove to be an exciting and interesting fighting style.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
My brother and I teased out a potential fighting style for Chrom prior to the Robin / Lucina reveal. We both agreed that, at his core, he'd be a sort of "middle ground" between Marth and Ike; this is pretty standard speculation, of course, so nothing new there/. He also suggested that Chrom could dual wield the Falchion and a lance for backup strikes, thus giving him a wee bit more range than your usual swordfighter.

Personally, I'd love to see him wielding the power of Naga as manifest in the Awakened Falchion. Rather than merely attributing a divine green flame decal to his regular moves, how and ever, I'd be more than happy to see him follow in the steps of Captain Falcon (irony or ironies, am I right?) and Zero Suit Samus and use original moves not necessarily seen in the actual game. Goodness knows there could be a healthy helping of variety therein, and balancing out the roster with some unique and distinctive swordfighters can hardly be anything but a good idea.

How about a moveset involving the divine intervention of Naga herself? Or commanding an arsenal of martial weapons (sword, lances, axes, etc.) not ordinarily wielded by Lords in Fire Emblem? I'd like to think he'd be more than just a compromise between Marth and Ike without adding anything of real benefit to his character to the roster. His potential role as a tribute to Fire Emblem's combat system in general, rather than simply a direct portrayal of he Lord Class, could prove to be an exciting and interesting fighting style.
The problem with this is that a Lance being used like what you suggest would end up becoming Chrom's Levin Sword, and Sakurai probly wouldn't want to give the same major mechanic to Chrom. Chrom is kinda limited by the Falchion being his signature weapon AND being unbreakable, so any weapons he might bring can't overshadow the Falchion or else it would go against chrom's identity.

But seeing what he did to Rosalina, maybe sakurai s fine with forgetting this stuff for the sake of uniqueness. Assuming he sin't planning on Bandanna Dee or Pig Ganon, of course.

Unique smash-exclusive stuff for Chrom is fine; but that'd be a little of a bad idea for our movement, right? "hey sakurai, you can make Chrom do ANYTHING" wouldn't really help him realize Chrom's potential... but is still an idea to consider.

your specific example of the Exalted Falchion could work as a temporary offensive buff. Like, chrom could undergo a mini-awakening right there and end up with the Ex. Falchion that yields more damage/knockback for a while. Oh, and this could let Chrom heal himself as a taunt, right?

Divine intervention of Naga? seems like a final smash material to me. the above buff could also work as his final smash. Potentially Naga could even promote him to Great Lord for Badass points. That could also work without naga for his Fs...

so, anyway, i think that by using the ranged javelins and hand axes, Chrom could represent the other weapon classes without detracting from what he is known for. though unless they repeat Samus's gimmick of a Smash side-b, Chrom would have one of the two weapon trees only as custom moves.

My idea of Sword sidegrades could also be used to represent the Axes to, since they wouldn't need new animations. If Sakurai was willing to make the Rapier that i suggested have it's own stab motions, Lances could also be represented via that move; but then Chrom won't have as many swords. i think that's not a bad thing, though.

hum, actually maybe not. Chrom would need a different grip on the Lance. If Sakurai is alright with implementing that idea -> giving Chrom different custom moves like :4palutena: and :4mii:, then i guess it could work. or, say, if they give Chrom the Luna/Vengeance weapons that also come with skills.

i guess, it just depends on how far he'd be willing to go to make Chrom represent this stuff.

But just as something else for you to consider: Chrom doesn't need to have attributes between :4myfriends: and :4marth:. He could very well work as a mix of :4myfriends: and :roypm:, for example.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The problem with this is that a Lance being used like what you suggest would end up becoming Chrom's Levin Sword, and Sakurai probly wouldn't want to give the same major mechanic to Chrom. Chrom is kinda limited by the Falchion being his signature weapon AND being unbreakable, so any weapons he might bring can't overshadow the Falchion or else it would go against chrom's identity.

But seeing what he did to Rosalina, maybe sakurai s fine with forgetting this stuff for the sake of uniqueness. Assuming he sin't planning on Bandanna Dee or Pig Ganon, of course.

Unique smash-exclusive stuff for Chrom is fine; but that'd be a little of a bad idea for our movement, right? "hey sakurai, you can make Chrom do ANYTHING" wouldn't really help him realize Chrom's potential... but is still an idea to consider.

your specific example of the Exalted Falchion could work as a temporary offensive buff. Like, chrom could undergo a mini-awakening right there and end up with the Ex. Falchion that yields more damage/knockback for a while. Oh, and this could let Chrom heal himself as a taunt, right?

Divine intervention of Naga? seems like a final smash material to me. the above buff could also work as his final smash. Potentially Naga could even promote him to Great Lord for Badass points. That could also work without naga for his Fs...

so, anyway, i think that by using the ranged javelins and hand axes, Chrom could represent the other weapon classes without detracting from what he is known for. though unless they repeat Samus's gimmick of a Smash side-b, Chrom would have one of the two weapon trees only as custom moves.

My idea of Sword sidegrades could also be used to represent the Axes to, since they wouldn't need new animations. If Sakurai was willing to make the Rapier that i suggested have it's own stab motions, Lances could also be represented via that move; but then Chrom won't have as many swords. i think that's not a bad thing, though.

hum, actually maybe not. Chrom would need a different grip on the Lance. If Sakurai is alright with implementing that idea -> giving Chrom different custom moves like :4palutena: and :4mii:, then i guess it could work. or, say, if they give Chrom the Luna/Vengeance weapons that also come with skills.

i guess, it just depends on how far he'd be willing to go to make Chrom represent this stuff.

But just as something else for you to consider: Chrom doesn't need to have attributes between :4myfriends: and :4marth:. He could very well work as a mix of :4myfriends: and :roypm:, for example.
Oh, believe me, I'm just spitballin'. Chrombomb's one of my absolute favourite Nintendo heroes - I'd not suggest these at all if I thought they were anathema to his character!

The way I see it, it's a delicate balance. On the one hand, yes, there are a lot of swordfighters already in the roster; from the infamously tongue-in-cheek dialogue in Robin's reveal trailer, we can glean evidence that Sakurai is deliberately lampooning such a phenomenon. On the other hand, Chrom's weapon of choice is the Falchion: it's a part of who he is and an integral asspect of his gameplay, to the extent that he actually does very, very little else.

Of course we don't want Sakurai to just throw anything and everything into Chrom's capable hands and tell him to have fun: there has to be balance and rationale, or else it just becomes a poor pastiche of what could potentially be a fantastic fighting style. The comparison I draw between Marth and Ike is merely how I (and others) interpret his martial artistry in the game: he's stronger and more robust than Marth and yet doesn't have the same penchant for strength and intimidation that Ike naturally possesses.

It's an interesting theory, I think. I'd like to think that we could have a character that retains the essential vestiges and qualities of the Fire Emblem mythos whilst also bringing something new and exciting to the table. To that end, my suggestion would be, quite simply, to have Chrom represent the mythology and the lore of Fire Emblem as much as its combat system. There's a lot of stories to be told in the forms of the Exalted Falchion and the Fire Emblem itself, so I think there's a whole lot of potential there just waiting to be tapped into!

Last edited:

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Oh, believe me, I'm just spitballin'. Chrombomb's one of my absolute favourite Nintendo heroes - I'd not suggest these at all if I thought they were anathema to his character!

The way I see it, it's a delicate balance. On the one hand, yes, there are a lot of swordfighters already in the roster; from the infamously tongue-in-cheek dialogue in Robin's reveal trailer, we can glean evidence that Sakurai is deliberately lampooning such a phenomenon. On the other hand, Chrom's weapon of choice is the Falchion: it's a part of who he is and an integral asspect of his gameplay, to the extent that he actually does very, very little else.

Of course we don't want Sakurai to just throw anything and everything into Chrom's capable hands and tell him to have fun: there has to be balance and rationale, or else it just becomes a poor pastiche of what could potentially be a fantastic fighting style. The comparison I draw between Marth and Ike is merely how I (and others) interpret his martial artistry in the game: he's stronger and more robust than Marth and yet doesn't have the same penchant for strength and intimidation that Ike naturally possesses.

It's an interesting theory, I think. I'd like to think that we could have a character that retains the essential vestiges and qualities of the Fire Emblem mythos whilst also bringing something ne and exciting to the table. To that end, my suggestion would be, quite simply, to have Chrom represent the mythology and the lore of Fire Emblem as much as its combat system. There's a lot of stories to be told in the forms of the Exalted Falchion and the Fire Emblem itself, so I think there's a whole lot of potential there just waiting to be tapped into!
it's a pity Sakurai simply couldn't see that.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
it's a pity Sakurai simply couldn't see that.
I don't think it's as simple as all that. He chose to do something different and represent something else entirely, something distinct and creative. From where I'm standing, that's pretty damn admirable.

That and, as my brother and I agreed upon, we'd rather have Lucina as a freebie Marth clone than have Chrom simply thrown in for the sake of it without letting him do anything new or interesting. It's alright insofar as Lucina is canonically inspired by and dressed like Marth and she arguably isn't as integral to the story as Chrom is; it would be a tad disrespectful to include Chrom alongside Robin if he's only going to be a clone of a character he only vaguely resembles. That would just be blatant fanservice and style without substance and that doesn't achieve anything to me.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I don't think it's as simple as all that. He chose to do something different and represent something else entirely, something distinct and creative. From where I'm standing, that's pretty damn admirable.

That and, as my brother and I agreed upon, we'd rather have Lucina as a freebie Marth clone than have Chrom simply thrown in for the sake of it without letting him do anything new or interesting. It's alright insofar as Lucina is canonically inspired by and dressed like Marth and she arguably isn't as integral to the story as Chrom is; it would be a tad disrespectful to include Chrom alongside Robin if he's only going to be a clone of a character he only vaguely resembles. That would just be blatant fanservice and style without substance and that doesn't achieve anything to me.
at this point, i'd be happy witha cloned Chrom even if it would have been bad to see him being hated by most people.

As an Alt, they should've gone with Chrom because of their matching body sizes; but as a clone, being female and popular was a necessary edge Lucina had.

but i do not think that if he had seen the potential in Chrom, he'd have chosen him (unless he went too much inot new smash-exclusive stuff for him). But it's just that Chrom's deconfirmation was kinda... inconsiderate, ig uess.

i mean, the guy has potential, and while sakurai said it was a hard decision, he also said Chrom would offer nothing to smash; which is completely false and contradictory to that other statement (would sakurai really have a hard time if Chrom brought nothing new? he was just softening the blow for us; trying to anyways... which was considerate to us, though)

Last edited:

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
So, Shulk has buff moves, though his seem to come with a price elsewhere.

Chrom has the base for some buff moves too; what do you guys think could be made to spice them up? the Argent could be an alternative move to using the Shield of seals as a... er, shield. But things like Charm and Rally skills would need to be messed a bit more...

WFT's buff move, Deep Breath, also seems to come at a cost. Maybe a simple charge feature like PM!Lucas?

Oh, and regarding one idea discussed a while Ago, Perhaps Chrom could undergo the awakening for healing? Say, he needs to stop and charge (pray to naga), during this time Chrom BURNS and takes a decent bit of damage (ex: 25%), but if he completes the awakening, he is healed for more than what he took (ex: 50%, leaving him with -25% damage than he began with)

The healing would be high-risk, high-reward The Falchion could get its EXalted Technicolor glow during the move o reference from where the healing came from.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

What are you talking about?

Robin is never force-paired with anyone. He doesn't "get molested by Lucina", nor does she "get knocked up" if you don't pair Robin up by Chapter 13. Newsflash: You can pair Robin with anyone, even the Spotpass characters who aren't even available until the end of the game. Lucina herself isn't even available as a romance option until after Chapter 13.

Chrom is the only person who gets automatically paired up, and that's in Chapter 11.

Next time, play the game before posting details about it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've really been having trouble with the blog transfer, so I'll say this.

The movement shall be put on hold until the direct confirmation of character DLC. I feel this is for the best, as we already laid the groundwork in the first few days, and I still can't get the system transfer thing to work.

That being said, it will also give me time to further adjust to my new surroundings instead of giving up the movement. I hope everyone understands. In my opinion, it is in the movement's best interest. That way, if character DLC is outright disconfirmed, we didn't waste a whole lot of resources on the movement, and all.

That being said, I hope there are still some Chrom supporters around.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
What are you talking about?

Robin is never force-paired with anyone. He doesn't "get molested by Lucina", nor does she "get knocked up" if you don't pair Robin up by Chapter 13. Newsflash: You can pair Robin with anyone, even the Spotpass characters who aren't even available until the end of the game. Lucina herself isn't even available as a romance option until after Chapter 13.

Chrom is the only person who gets automatically paired up, and that's in Chapter 11.

Next time, play the game before posting details about it.
**** really? Robin did a ton of S Support's including Lucina, but since I was doing it on Classic no resets, she, Robin, Chrom, the theif, Nowe, Frederick, and Donnel were the last men standing. so that must be why it happened. Lucina was the farthest of them along then. I assume that is why it happened now.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Exactly, which is better than nothing, don't you think?
I'd honestly rather hold off on Chrom for a while and have him flesh out his own potential rather than being shoehorned in as an alternate costume. I don't think it would be particularly respectful to his character or the series as a whole.

That's just my own perspective, though, so make of that what you will. ^_^

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think Chrom has a chance as DLC the way things stand now. More than half of the Fire Emblem representatives coming from a single game? No chance. DLC will go to other games first.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
Correctomundo. It hasn't been confirmed by Sakurai. But the same guy who leaked the Smash roster claimed this, and posted an image of Iggy inside the Koopa Car or whatever it's called, as a trophy. The Koopalings don't use the vehicle in the Mario games.

EDIT-

I don't think Chrom has a chance as DLC the way things stand now. More than half of the Fire Emblem representatives coming from a single game? No chance. DLC will go to other games first.
People said this about Kid Icarus, Palutena was gonna be the last rep because Hades is too bombastic for a character and Pittoo is too cloney. Hopefully he isn't gonna be a clone.

We said this about Metroid and DK, that'd it get new rep priority. Assumptions make an ass out of you and me, but let's assume that Sakurai doesn't have a rep quota for franchises; why else would we get eight, nine if you count Wario, Mario reps?

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
We said this about Metroid and DK, that'd it get new rep priority. Assumptions make an *** out of you and me, but let's assume that Sakurai doesn't have a rep quota for franchises; why else would we get eight, nine if you count Wario, Mario reps?
Mario is Nintendo's mascot franchise and one of the most well-known video game series in existence.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
You are assuming Sakurai cares; and that he truly counts Lucina as a 4th character (reading his comment it didn't seem he cared for Lucina much; i could be wrong)

DLC is often cash grab, at least partially. See how Mario KArt 8 for example, has Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Dry Bowers... the former 2 have most of their models ported from 3D World already; and they all can share animations with their "originals".

Chrom's (very high quality) model is already in the game, and he has a decent skeleton (can be animated rather well), has been deemed very worthy of consideration, is popular, has materials for his trailer ready (due to it being basically an awakening cutscene); and even the plot for his trailer is easy to have, picking up from where Robin's ended.

That's a lot of time money they DON'T have to spend. I mean, take a look at Kickstarter games that shows here the budget go: Modeling is almost always 3 times more expensive than any other singular thing. That's a big plus

Chrom's big problem was that Sakurai was too overjoyed with his idea for Robin to stop and consider Chrom seriously moveset-wise. Robin is no longer "competition" so there is nothing really stopping Sakurai here like in pre-release. DLC is a much less harsher environment (game's already done).

Correctomundo. It hasn't been confirmed by Sakurai. But the same guy who leaked the Smash roster claimed this, and posted an image of Iggy inside the Koopa Car or whatever it's called, as a trophy. The Koopalings don't use the vehicle in the Mario games.
Uh, they do; in NSMB2 at least. And they all ride Bowser's bigger KCC, together. The Koopalings are most likely Jr's alts; sadly.

Last edited:

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
I feel very sorry for all you guys i also wanted Chrom. But you know these things happen. Sakurai crushed my hopes 4 times (Shadow, Prince Sable, Takamaru, and of course, Chrom). So i support Chrom for DLC. I hear that Assist Trophies can be disabled very easy so let's just apply that to Robin's FS

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even then, I still think an Alfonzo scenario is likely for Robin's Final Smash should Chrom become DLC. Morgan would make a fitting substitute. And it makes sense for Chrom to be there when not fighting, considering just how close Robin and Chrom are canonically.

And people, you really need to learn by now that Sakurai doesn't care about that silly "reps" fallacy. Characters aren't there to represent a specific game. They're there to be played as. In that way, Chrom makes quite a bit of sense for DLC. Sakurai, as stated, was just so enthralled by Robin to give Chrom a lot of thought. Now, Robin's in, so he may go back and think of more ideas should DLC come into play. Perhaps he'll go with a focus on mid-ranged aerial sword combat, with some rushdown qualities, which would be quite fitting given Chrom's Awakening animations. So what if Awakening gets another character? Need I remind you all that Pokemon had five out of its six characters in Brawl come from Generation I? It didn't matter because they were popular characters. You know who else, as noted by Sakurai, was a popular character? Chrom.

That, in my opinion, is why Chrom would make an excellent DLC choice. Combine that with the fact that a high-quality model is already there, and that it already has some basic rigging and animations attached to it, and it makes Chrom a low-risk, high reward investment on the part of the development team.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, Chrom's a good choice because he already has a model, skeleton, and basic animations, which the team wouldn't have to make new.

Plus, he can be replaced by Morgan in Robin's Final Smash. As long as the team is willing to make new models, animations, etcetera.

Logical.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, Chrom's a good choice because he already has a model, skeleton, and basic animations, which the team wouldn't have to make new.

Plus, he can be replaced by Morgan in Robin's Final Smash. As long as the team is willing to make new models, animations, etcetera.

Logical.
I can't say I appreciate your tone.

Morgan would take little work to put over Chrom. She's/He's essentially a slightly shorter Robin face swap. And she/he can use a sword. Just port the Levin Sword there. Bam. Little work needed. And if they don't want to make a new face? Bam. Hood.

So maybe think of the solution more instead of hurling insults. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom