• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another set of proof why Ness is coming back!

Flaming_Wuzzle

Smash Cadet
Onett is in the game. Onett is from Mother 2 which is created by Ape. Logicfail.
Notice where it says Characters. And unless you're smoking something, stages are not characters. Assist Trophies could be, but not stages.

Lucas took all his moves.
But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean, he does not have the same standard moves.
Looks to me like he didn't.

It makes no sense to give an already existing characters moves to a character if the original character is planned to be in the game.
Sure it does. Let's use that "Sakurai wanted to put Lucas in Melee" argument people here seem to be fond of. Suppose Sakurai thought that Ness' original moveset belonged to Lucas, and once he got the chance to finally put him in, he'd tweak the moveset just a bit to tailor it more to Lucas as well as to fix issues with it. However, he also thought, at this point, that Ness still deserved to be in, so he created a new moveset for Ness.

Either way, like it or not, Ness's chances are at the lowest as of now. Maybe "Up Until Now" doesn't prove it, but there's plenty of evidence against Ness..
Well yeah, I'll definitely agree with that, his chances aren't all that good. They're still not zero, though, which is why people going around saying he's out in a definitive manner annoys me.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
hmm im gonna do some research on this... if this is true, there arent gonna be many secret characters to unlock , so this isnt very believable for me

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
hey uhh close this thread as soon as possible because i just found hardcore evidence against this. at least showing what characters will be in.

as i expected , with just a lil bit of research i could prove this wrong.

so if anyone has a spare minute, you can check if im lying or not by diong the following:

1. turn on ur Gamecube with smash bros melee and your memory card OUT

2. check the character developer teams or whatever.

3. turn off game and do the same thing but this time put ur memory card IN.

Notice that this time INTELLIGENCE SYSTEMS is there, but when you start with no memory, its not there. GG

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
hey uhh close this thread as soon as possible because i just found hardcore evidence against this. at least showing what characters will be in.

so if anyone has a spare minute, you can check if im lying or not by diong the following:

Notice that this time INTELLIGENCE SYSTEMS is there, but when you start with no memory, its not there. GG

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Sony is lame imo, the only reason I would ever consider buying a ps3 is simply for KH3 - and thats only if it was exclusive-- Heres to hoping it not lololol

Ness should be in brawl.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman

How is this "hardcore" evidence? The proof comes from APE Inc, not Intelligent Systems.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
well what i said is at least proof that the current developer teams shown are not including characters that we dont know about yet. so that does still leave the possiblity of capcom and others.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
To clear it up:
Pokeymans was developed by APE Inc under the name Gamefreak, their new name.
Thus, the copyrights to anything made under the name APE Inc do not transfer over to Gamefreak.
Ergo, since APE is responsible almost solely for MOTHER/MOTHER2's creation (so far EVERYTHING shown from the MOTHER series that has been in MOTHER/MOTHER2 has been in MOTHER3 as well and has gained all the copyrights), an Earthbound character will be in Brawl. Who better than Ness?

If you want to use the "well maybe it's items or blahblah" argument you are so wrong.
A better argument would be to use Onett, but stages and items don't get title screen copyright representation anyway. For some more clarifying Oxyclean power, shoot APE Inc in the Melee credits. The only thing to pop up on its card is "Earthbound".

Also; Third party crediting works a bit differently than second party crediting.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
To clear it up:
Pokeymans was developed by APE Inc under the name Gamefreak, their new name.
Thus, the copyrights to anything made under the name APE Inc do not transfer over to Gamefreak.
Ergo, since APE is responsible almost solely for MOTHER/MOTHER2's creation (so far EVERYTHING shown from the MOTHER series that has been in MOTHER/MOTHER2 has been in MOTHER3 as well and has gained all the copyrights), an Earthbound character will be in Brawl. Who better than Ness?

If you want to use the "well maybe it's items or blahblah" argument you are so wrong.
A better argument would be to use Onett, but stages and items don't get title screen copyright representation anyway.
I can't tell if you were answering my question, or using it as a statement :\, but if I understand you correctly, Ape inc created pokemon?

Anyways, it doesn't necessarily have to be Ness. It could be someone new. I'm pro and against the inclusion for Ness, mainly because i don't like him, and that we have Lukas, but also Ness was one of the 12 apostles of ssb :p

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Onett is in the game. Onett is from Mother 2 which is created by Ape. Logicfail.

Honestly people, Ness is cut. Get over it. Lucas took all his moves. If Ness was in, Lucas would've had an original moveset. It makes no sense to give an already existing characters moves to a character if the original character is planned to be in the game.
Exactly. If you use the argument "Ness is getting his real moveset based on Mother 2/Earthbound",that doesn't make sense either because why would they fix an older character by giving him his correct moves but not the newest character?

The only way I see Ness being in is with the same moveset and unlocked the same way as SSB, as a throwback type thing.

EPX2

Smash Ace
We all get it. Either way, like it or not, Ness's chances are at the lowest as of now.
Okay?

Maybe "Up Until Now" doesn't prove it
I believe I've provided enough evidence to make that possibility a definite (the possibility being that "Up until now" means nothing, of course).

but there's plenty of evidence against Ness. This crap on the first page of this thread doesn't increase his chances either.
Alright, but I never said anything about his chances. That was not the focus of my last few posts, it was to prove something about a quote. That's it.

courte

Smash Lord
Ness. Will. Be. In. Poo will join him. Sakurai performed a coin toss on 11/12 to decide whether or not to give them the both tag team Final Smash. The result is unknown.

Nay sayers on the day of reckoning, you shall all...

Eat. My. Shorts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This theory is already debunked...

ONETT, for example...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
They add the copyright info as the add the characters. I read that thing way before Sonic was announced, and SEGA was nowhere to be seen.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Since the other thread was locked;

The credit is in the PLAYABLE CHARACTERS AREA. Nowhere else.

Furthermore, to counter other popular objections:
All of the recurring music translated over to MOTHER3.
Onett's tricky. Brownie Brown/Shigesato Itoi could own it because of its inclusion in the original print of MOTHER3, Earthbound 64. To include any MOTHER2 anything and not Ness would be like having a Samurai Goroh assist trophy, Big Blue stage, and no Captain Falcon playable.

Top Bottom