• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another set of proof why Ness is coming back!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
There are plenty of videos of the Brawl gameplay but check out the title screen:

Characters: Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokemon / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc / Shigesato Itoi / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment Co., LTD / SEGA

Note that Snake is not playable but Konami is listed there.
Here's my point. Shigesato Itoi designed the characters for Mother 1 2 and 3. Fine, his name is there and Creatures Inc. made Mother 3. But, note, also on the list is APE Inc.
APE Inc. is the company that created Mother 1 and Mother 2. They were renamed to Creatures Inc. before Mother 3. This is the copyright information for the playable characters. If Lucas replaces Ness, there'd be no reason for APE Inc to appear since Shigesato Itoi and Creatures Inc are the two copyright owners.
In conclusion, APE Inc. is there because a character from Mother 1 and/or Mother 2 is playable....NESS!

Smash64 and Smash Melee have the same layout (Title, Game Developers, Characters)
If that were true that it copyright for items we should have seen RARE for Goldeneye's Proximity Mine. It specifically says CHARACTERS

This is not my wishful thinking. I never really enjoyed playing with Ness in Melee and thought he had too many flaws to use. This was just an observation of mine that I thought I should share.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I meant Snake was not playable in the Demo but they still decided to keep the copyright information there. that looks to be the final tiltle screen. (which means i guess no more extra guest characters)

Magnacor

Smash Ace
It is possible that characters from Mother 1 and 2 will appear as Assist Trophies, stages, items, or plain, old, everyday trophies. Oh and @Luke Groundwalker, he's saying that Snake's company is on the list even though he wasn't playable in the demo, thereby, eleminating the argument that, that title screen was demo only.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Perhaps it's for the Franklin Badge, Mr. Saturn, trophies, or stickers?

I'm not saying that I want Ness out, but you should still consider more possible reasons.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Luke GroundWalker, he just miswrote

I meant Snake was not playable in the Demo but they still decided to keep the copyright information there. that looks to be the final tiltle screen. (which means i guess no more extra guest characters)
or maybe they arer still trying to get the licence(s) from some company(ies), and becouse they hadnt get them, they didnt put them there

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
@Luke Groundwalker, he's saying that Snake's company is on the list even though he wasn't playable in the demo, thereby, eleminating the argument that, that title screen was demo only.
Never mind, I thought he was talking about the copyright thing up on the site.
greenblob said:
The Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn was in Mother 3 too, playing the same exact roles.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
It is possible that characters from Mother 1 and 2 will appear as Assist Trophies, stages, items, or plain, old, everyday trophies. Oh and @Luke Groundwalker, he's saying that Snake's company is on the list even though he wasn't playable in the demo, thereby, eleminating the argument that, that title screen was demo only.
i thought that too. "maybe it's just means a Mother 1 & Mother 2 item will be incorporated" but it specifically says:

Super
Smash Bros. (R)
BRAWL

(C) 2007 Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: (C) Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokemon / Creatures Inc. /
GAME FREAK inc / Shigesato Itoi / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS /
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., LTD / SEGA

Smash64 and Smash Melee have the same layout (Title, Game Developers, Characters)
If that were true that it was items we should have seen RARE for Goldeneye's Proximity Mine

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Super Smash Bros. - Start.jpg (n64)

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Well I understand your point but it could just be for Assist Trophies, stages, or items o.o Also I doubt thats the final screen because, lets say...Geno was in. If that indeed the final title screen they HAVE to put Square Enix copyright. That would make HUGE spoilers in such alittle demo o_o

So I dont think its not the final title screen but it indeed helps Ness's chances alot. Nice Find :D

EPX2

Smash Ace
Well I understand your point but it could just be for Assist Trophies, stages, or items o.o Also I doubt thats the final screen because, lets say...Geno was in. If that indeed the final title screen they HAVE to put Square Enix copyright. That would make HUGE spoilers in such alittle demo o_o

So I dont think its not the final title screen but it indeed helps Ness's chances alot. Nice Find :D
Well, it does explicitly state "Characters"...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Good find, man, here at smashboards you guys dissect all the info vigourously... while I watch southpark and discuss it >_>

But really, I think that coupled with the fact he was an origanal makes him a shoo-in.. I think all the origanals are going to make it in, it wouldn't be smash without earning jigglypuff first now would it ?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I thought I heard some rumor that 1 of the characters wasn't going to return. I'm pretty sure its not true but I really hope I'm right because if it was true it either be Ness or Jigglypuff, and if Ness is confirmed that would mean no Jigglypuff, which is who I really want. I'm a big earthbound fan, but if the rumor is true I want him to be decomfirmed, which I also hate saying cause I like both.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I thought I heard some rumor that 1 of the characters wasn't going to return. I'm pretty sure its not true but I really hope I'm right because if it was true it either be Ness or Jigglypuff, and if Ness is confirmed that would mean no Jigglypuff, which is who I really want. I'm a big earthbound fan, but if the rumor is true I want him to be decomfirmed, which I also hate saying cause I like both.
It's plainly obvious that Pichu is the character that is not going to return, if not more characters.

And it looks like this is going to help Ness's chances. Not sure about the title screen being official though.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It has nothing to do with the demo, he's literally saying that Snake won't be playable in the game even though he is.
No he's not. He's saying that they still list Snake's copyright owner even though Snake isn't in the demo, so that would explain why they'd list Ness's copyright owner even though he isn't in the demo.

I don't think that this proves anything though.

EPX2

Smash Ace
It's plainly obvious that Pichu is the character that is not going to return, if not more characters.

And it looks like this is going to help Ness's chances. Not sure about the title screen being official though.
It's definitely official; whether or not it's final though, we don't know.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I'm not saying that I want Ness out, but you should still consider more possible reasons.
Mr. Saturn is confirmed in Brawl, so ya. That could be it, though I think the Mr. Saturns are in MOTHER 3. Not sure though. Does anyone know if they are/aren't=??? They're annoying as f*** in EarthBound (they're hard to understand), and Ness and Paula get "groovy" with one. :laugh: Seriously though, we need Ness.

Original Characters > F***ing Wanna Be Posers.

End of Story.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Mr. Saturn is confirmed in Brawl, so ya. That could be it, though I think the Mr. Saturns are in MOTHER 3. Not sure though. Does anyone know if they are/aren't=??? They're annoying as f*** in EarthBound (they're hard to understand), and Ness and Paula get "groovy" with one. :laugh: Seriously though, we need Ness.

Original Characters > F***ing Wanna Be Posers.

End of Story.
Mr. Saturns and the Franklin Badge are indeed in Mother 3, but it specificly says characters, but there is also the possibility of AT characters and background characters, but after all the new stuff that had been going on I say Ness is shoe-in, atleast is what I think

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It wouldn't feel right to not let all of the 12 original fighters be in Brawl. They represent the first Smash Bros. after all.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mr. Saturns and the Franklin Badge are indeed in Mother 3, but it specificly says characters, but there is also the possibility of AT characters and background characters, but after all the new stuff that had been going on I say Ness is shoe-in, atleast is what I think
^ Really. Hmm...I wonder if that Stoner Mr. Saturn returned. He took Ness on a pretty "groovy" trip. :laugh:

It wouldn't feel right to not let all of the 12 original fighters be in Brawl. They represent the first Smash Bros. after all.
^ This guy as right as saying Mario and Sonic are in Brawl. :)

If Ness isn't in Brawl, I'll be pissed. I don't give a f*** about a character that only appeared on a Japan only game we'll never play (hint: Reggie the dumb a** hates North American Mother fans), compared to a character who's both games came in Japan, and the later came out in North America as well. Ness is more reconizable then Lucas, and superior in every way. HE WILL DEFINITELY BE IN BRAWL, for my name is not John f***ing Knight numbero 1! That is, if Sakurai stops only caring about his god d*** island, and cares about the rest of us in NA, Australia, and Europe, and who we want in Brawl. We have a clue to this. *points at Sonic the Hedgehog*

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If Ness isn't in Brawl, I'll be pissed. I don't give a f*** about a character that only appeared on a Japan only game we'll never play (hint: Reggie the dumb a** hates North American Mother fans), compared to a character who's both games came in Japan, and the later came out in North America as well. Ness is more reconizable then Lucas, and superior in every way. HE WILL DEFINITELY BE IN BRAWL, for my name is not John f***ing Knight numbero 1! That is, if Sakurai stops only caring about his god d*** island, and cares about the rest of us in NA, Australia, and Europe, and who we want in Brawl. We have a clue to this. *points at Sonic the Hedgehog*
And this is a prime example of a typical idiot on the Smashboards who doesn't know what he is talking about at all.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
And this is a prime example of a typical idiot on the Smashboards who doesn't know what he is talking about at all.
It seems I have grown to your deny-a-bility for Ness.
Seriously. Just show some **** love already.

I know Ness has no chance, but, he has a good chance.

Hes a 50-50... No doubt about that.

And, seeing the video of one of his attacks, they dont seem like clones do they? :p

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
dont need to be rude, he's just saying what he thinks and believes, just like you, me and everybody in smashboards do
Don't be "rude"? Have you even looked at his post?

He doesn't even know what he's talking about at all if he thinks Ness is superior. Ness is the most downright ****tiest character in the whole **** series. Lucas and Ninten are way more superior in every manner period.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Don't be rude? Have you even looked at his post?

He doesn't even know what he's talking about at all if he thinks Ness is superior. Ness is the most downright ****tiest character in the whole **** series. Lucas and Ninten are way more superior in every manner period.
Now this is coming from a guy who LOVES Ness.

And also, just cause he sucked, doesnt prove anything. I can see some moveset nerfs, just Mario.. Plus, last time he checked, Top Tier in 64.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Don't be "rude"? Have you even looked at his post?

I know that (I was going to edit my post to add that, dammit, Im just plain slow today :p), but still, you can act as a grown up and point that out without being rude

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Now this is coming from a guy who LOVES Ness.
I love Ness, but anyone with simple knowledge of the Mother series know that character-wise it's basically Lucas, Ninten, THEN Ness when it comes to actual good characters. Lucas has a very strong backstory, one of the most emotional and well developed ones in the series. This is the same with Ninten, but not really emotional, but his backstory does link him to the plot and main villain. Ness doesn't have a backstory at all, period.
And also, just cause he sucked, doesnt prove anything. I can see some moveset nerfs, just Mario.. Plus, last time he checked, Top Tier in 64.
For the last time, I don't care if a character sucked or not, Ness was my main in the first two games either he sucked or not by tier standards. He'll soon be replaced by the much better character Lucas in Brawl as my main, regardless of whether Ness is in or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't care that much if Ness comes back anymore...But I want Claus!!!

Top Bottom