• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another guide leak... but with pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Krystal, King K. Rool, Geno, Bowser Jr., that's the best list EVER. I know its probably a fake, but that roster would be just PERFECT.
Why, because it's the same exact fan-service roster we've seen dozens of times already?

This whole thing is so fake, expecially the very sloppily done pictures of the "magazine", that I feel sorry for any of the poor suckers that actually believe crap like this.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Hate to support this guy, since he's obviously fake, but originating from photoshop does not mean that the picture is fake. You can use photoshop to save images also. I don't personally use the program (I used the GIMP), but I believe you can also use it as the actual importer for the scanner (not that it looks like he used one).
That's true. I use photoshop extensively. However, there are other reasons why this is obviously fake (like the fact that he shows no new characters other than the easiest one to photoshop, how G&W has no shadow, how the pictures are blurry, despite being "scanned" in and how he refuses to show anymore pictures other than two that would be easy to photoshop anyway).

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
If it's a fake, it's a decent fake.

I am happy to accept this roster, but at the same time, those images can be easily faked. The images are blurry ... even if Game and Watch is in Brawl, all the other characters he has revealed have been revealed to be in Brawl, so no big loss if by some chance the image is correct.

What a boring guide that would be to. Just a black background.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Hate to support this guy, since he's obviously fake, but originating from photoshop does not mean that the picture is fake. You can use photoshop to save images also. I don't personally use the program (I used the GIMP), but I believe you can also use it as the actual importer for the scanner (not that it looks like he used one).
Indeed. I import all my scans with Photoshop, and save all the images I put up on the web with Photoshop (for jpeg compression, usually).

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
That's true. I use photoshop extensively. However, there are other reasons why this is obviously fake (like the fact that he shows no new characters other than the easiest one to photoshop, how G&W has no shadow, how the pictures are blurry, despite being "scanned" in and how he refuses to show anymore pictures other than two that would be easy to photoshop anyway).

Eeeaahh, I thought this too, at first -- but in my computer, at least, when you scan something in, or take a picture of it, the device it was taken with, along with a bunch of other info is saved into the picture information, and does not go away if you save it under a different name or edit it.

None of that info is in these pictures.

And if you did use a scanner, they would be a HELL of a lot clearer. You see how blurry those are, right? Unless he was scanning during an earthquake or something...

Roun

Smash Cadet
The kanji are wrong, all of the moves say "Side Special", aka the side B.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
YAY! I WIN THIS THREAD!

but yeah, just because it was editing with photoshop doesn't 100% mean it was modified. you can use photoshop to scale and crop. but considering there were so many claims of fakeness (g&w sprite) and things didn't add up like "i don't want to share more pictures with what could be the greatest leak of Brawl anticipation history. i'm lazy". also, the character's heads are offcenter. Another note, why does it have the Dojo's Blue/White gradient background? The fact he used photoshop to do it, pfft, puts the final nail in the coffin.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Eeeaahh, I thought this too, at first -- but in my computer, at least, when you scan something in, or take a picture of it, the device it was taken with, along with a bunch of other info is saved into the picture information, and does not go away if you save it under a different name or edit it.

None of that info is in these pictures.

And if you did use a scanner, they would be a HELL of a lot clearer. You see how blurry those are, right? Unless he was scanning during an earthquake or something...
Yeah, exactly. Like I said, if he had really scanned the pictures in like he said, then they would not be as blurry as they are. Even with a sucky scanner, the pictures would still be a hell of a lot clearer than these.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
the fact taht the only NEW thing he showed was game and watch, makes it probly fake. but i dunno melee's roster was deemed fake and then...

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
I dont understand that people think that a MII should be in.. i think that is just.. wrong.
Any other nintendo character is okay, cool or whatever. But a Mii?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
How convenient that the only new character he took a picture of was the only one we cant tell is different from Melee
Please

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I hope everything turns out exactly like this roster/stage list. This would be perfect.

Gangplank Galleon stage ftw.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
The pictures aren't even visually appealing. Guides these days are slick and awesome looking. That? Not so much. And posting only two pictures that reveal nothing new besides the easiest sprite to duplicate? Shame.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I know how to use photoshop pretty well. I can tell you that at least the scan is probably legit. If you look closely at the pics, you will see that they are not straight up and down (they are angled about 5 degrees off), there is barely any pixelation or clipping. when a gaussian blur tool is used in photoshop, it is pretty even all the way accross, the blur in the pics is pretty splotchy, grainy, uneven and parallel to the edge of the image, not the picture itself.

basically, It is near impossible to duplicate this with photoshop.

Think about it, the kind of people who like to post BS for kicks aren't the kind of people who will go to great lengths to fabricate convincing-looking evidence. If someone can create an image that has the same qualities as the images provided, then it is fake. If not, then I will hold it legit.

Personally, I would be quite pleased with this lineup if it were true.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I know how to use photoshop pretty well. I can tell you that at least the scan is probably legit. If you look closely at the pics, you will see that they are not straight up and down (they are angled about 5 degrees off), there is barely any pixelation or clipping. when a gaussian blur tool is used in photoshop, it is pretty even all the way accross, the blur in the pics is pretty splotchy, grainy, uneven and parallel to the edge of the image, not the picture itself.

basically, It is near impossible to duplicate this with photoshop.

Think about it, the kind of people who like to post BS for kicks aren't the kind of people who will go to great lengths to fabricate convincing-looking evidence. If someone can create an image that has the same qualities as the images provided, then it is fake. If not, then I will hold it legit.

Personally, I would be quite pleased with this lineup if it were true.
I use photoshop very well too, and there is just as much of a chance for this to be fake as there is for it to be real (even more so because it's not from the Dojo). Anyone who is skilled or educated in the ways of photoshop can fabricate a picture like this if they're willing to spend the time and energy. It also doesn't explain why he is being so secretive with the pages from the guide, why he supposedly scanned the picture in and yet it's still blurry. As I've said before, even with a REALLY bad scanner, the picture would not come out this blurry unless it was edited afterwards. On top of that, I HIGHLY doubt that Sakurai would just re-use a picture of G&W from Melee and stick it on the blue-to-white gradient background that was used for the other characters. Along with the absence of a shadow underneath G&W, I would have to say that in that case, I would be very insulted if I was a game and watch fan because that is the laziest character profile Sakurai's ever done.

Guassian blur doesn't need to be used solely. The blur tool could be used in addition, as well as many other filters mixed that can produce results such as this. Even jpeg compression could be used to get the splotchyness.

Also, how do you justify the misuse of the japanese characters? I know FOR SURE that the official guide for Brawl would not be using wrong characters and mixed up kanji and whatnot.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the photoshop stuff because you are pretty much right, but there is too much evidence against this being any kind of legitimate leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom