• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another guide leak... but with pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggswatter

Smash Rookie
My question is this: How come every "scan" has to look the same. Every single one is a low resolution, crappy, blurred image that looks like it has been crapped on before submitted.

There is an obivous answer to my question, but lordy, my three year old camera-phone takes better pictures than this. God forbid someone who has "scans" actually did them with a newer phone, camera, or even, and I'm afraid to say this, a freaking scanner.

My two sense, plus the roster has no true, new wtf characters in my opinion.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Strange how the only new character he scanned is Game and Watch, the only one who can't really change at all. I'm not gonna imediately say fake as I want to see if he can pull another pic off...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Strange how the only new character he scanned is Game and Watch, the only one who can't really change at all. I'm not gonna imediately say fake as I want to see if he can pull another pic off...
You should immediately call it a fake. That picture of Mr. Game & Watch is artwork from Melee.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Lame. You'd think of all the pages in the supposed guidebook, he'd pick something more interesting than one containing characters we all know, and another character which is the most convenient to edit in.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
If you know Japanese, this is an extremely obvious fake. He mixes Hiragana and Katakana, throws in random Kanji, grabs Game and Watch idle stance, and puts it out there like it's real.

Nothing to see here.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, but since there are not photos for every character, I do not believe it. Also, the pictures are of poor quality and G&W looks exactly as he did in Melee. It could be a shoop.
I don't like this list mostly because it lacks Vaati and Ray 01 as playable. A man can dream, can't he?
Also, as much as I loved Zelda: Twilight Princess, I do not think Midna should be playable... that would be putting wayyy to much focus on TP and not enough on the many other great games of the series.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Is not even artwork is just his stance during a match.:rolleyes:
Yeah, it's pretty clear he's just 'shopped on... Game and Watch might not be able to do that much, but even Melee's various artwork had him doing posing in more interesting ways than just his fighting stance. There's really just no risk involved in that character so I'm not so sure why this leaker thought he would convince everyone.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
That Mr Game and Watch pose is SO from Melee, fake!
If, Mr. Game & Watch were to return again in Brawl. I would imagine, he would have the same exact poses and moves just like the veterans do. And also, the same look.

Rash

Smash Ace
Why are people posting fakes anyway? All they are doing is causing trouble. I mean, is it really that important to get the community stirred up over nothing, when release is no doubt just around the corner?

Sometimes I wish these fakers would just get lives.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If, Mr. Game & Watch were to return again in Brawl. I would imagine, he would have the same exact poses and moves just like the veterans do. And also, the same look.
However that picture is literally one straight from Melee.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
who is black shadow?
F-Zero Character. Looks like batman..kinda.

I will believe this when he takes a picture of himself holding the book and posts it.
It seems very suspicious that he doesn't "feel" like scanning the whole book. If I had gotten my hands on something like that I would be so excited to reveal the info you'd have over 40 pictures from it. I'm calling it fake. For now at least. Lets see when he gets back from "work"..

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I want to say real but... Mr. G&W hasn't changed single bit. its not exactly easy to improve him, but those other pictures look right off the dojo, the sonic aerials sheet looks legit, but past that, I don't know.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
The pictures made me sceptical, the fact that he said "Don't ask for any more, because if I scan one for one person, then everyone will want it and I'll end up scanning the whole book, which I don't feel like doing." pretty much proved he was making it all up. Not only does it not make sense, but you'd think he'd pick a scan that actually proves it's real.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I call fake. The only new character image is G&W, which is just his idle pose from Melee. Also, in the second image, it doesn't include the air attack from Sonic's special moves, and speaking of that update... the up-A image is the air attack pic from there with Sonic moved around. Also, I love how the Lakitu in his down-A just so happens to be in the same place as it was in Melee Stages: Part 2. A nice fake, but a fake nonetheless.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Looks real to me.. but I don't care.. I've noticed Sonic's Dair and Fair are in the Yoshi's Island(past) and Rainbow Ride(past)...

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
The Roster actually makes sense, the guys pretty believable I would say, and why not believe him? who knows? he could be right?

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
You should immediately call it a fake. That picture of Mr. Game & Watch is artwork from Melee.
it's Mr Game and Watch, how could it not look like from Melee?

Anyway, it's been debunked now so who cares?

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
This was obviously fake from the roster picture.

He only showed G&W as a new character. The rest are from the Dojo. That would work in his favor because G&W is the easiest character to photoshop and make it look legit. He's just a black silhouette, it's not like any real photoshopping talent is needed. If he really wanted to "prove" himself then he would have scanned in profiles for new characters.

Then he says he won't scan in anymore pages (even though the book is likely over at LEAST 50) because he doesn't want people to start asking for more. Seriously, what's wrong with scanning in a few more pages and then just saying "no, i'm not scanning in anymore after this." It's not that hard to say no.

Finally, he says he "scanned" them in. If they're scanned then why are the pictures so blurry? It's not jpeg compression. If he really scanned them in then they would be at least a LITTLE clear and legible but this looks like they were either taken with an out of focus camera or like they were deliberately made blurry so that it would be harder to tell.

Plus, Short Fuse already proved it fake twice (in this topic and in another). Obvious fake.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
*Right clicks on picture*
Clicks "Image Properties" (Opera Browser)

That was simple. Fake.

Can a mod please lock this thread?
Thanks a bunch, ShortFuse. ;) This is an unnerving reminder, though: now we'll begin to see leaks with pictures.

Much to our chagrin, the onslaught of fallacies has only just begun.

(As for this fake roster, I liked seeing Sukapon, but no CLAUS or Takamaru really hurts me--especially the lack of Claus.)

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
Why do you guys tihnk that's such a good fake? The Game and Watch looks like a rip directly from Melee, he has absolutely no shadow. Those analog stick picture are from the melee instruction manual. i'm pretty sure all those pics in the second "scan" is from the dojo. On top of that, noboday has scans that perfectly done.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
Hate to support this guy, since he's obviously fake, but originating from photoshop does not mean that the picture is fake. You can use photoshop to save images also. I don't personally use the program (I used the GIMP), but I believe you can also use it as the actual importer for the scanner (not that it looks like he used one).

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Krystal, King K. Rool, Geno, Bowser Jr., that's the best list EVER. I know its probably a fake, but that roster would be just PERFECT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom