• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another guide leak... but with pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
*EDIT*
Original post kept for the hell of it, but ShortFuse debunked these the best.
If you save the files to your computer and look at their properties, you can see they were made in Adobe Photoshop, and not taken with a camera or anything.

Sorry guys! Mods, please lock!

ORIGINAL POST:

Although we've had a few topics like this, and I'm getting as sick of the fake leaks as everybody else, this was posted over at Gamefaqs, from a user who claims to have the Japanese Brawl guide.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40735415

Please do not flame, assuming that this is fake. IT IS NOT.

I got my hands on the Super Smash Bros. Brawl guidebook!

First, my proof. A couple scans from the book. Don't ask for any more, because if I scan one for one person, then everyone will want it and I'll end up scanning the whole book, which I don't feel like doing.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/smashhero1111/index-characters.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/smashhero1111/Sonicairattacks.jpg

Here, I have the complete Roster. I was surprised at first, but grew to like it. It has 45 characters, and I can't exactly tell where the break between unlockables and starters is.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Wario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Diddy Kong
Samus
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Ice Climbers
Pikmin & Olimar
Lucas
King Dedede
Sonic
Snake
Mr. Game and Watch
Captain Falcon
Ness
Wolf
Mewtwo
Bowser Jr.
Luigi
Marth
Animal Crosser
Mii
Jigglypuff
K. Rool
Falco
Eliwood
Ridley
Krystal
Sukapon
Midna
Ganondorf
Black Shadow
Isaac
Geno

I've been looking at the stage selection. can't name them all, so I'll describe some. There's 53 of them.

Delfino Plaza
Maio Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Some Hill with Stars
Rainbow Ride
Mushroom Kingdom I (Redisigned)
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi Story
Yoshi's Island (Past)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Some kind of Pokemon Cave. Victory Road, perhaps?
Saffron City
Eldin Bridge
Temple of Time
Hyrule Temple
Hyrule Castle
Halberd
A Kirby Mountain, bears the DDD Emblem.
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Rumble Falls
Gangplank Galleon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Some Location in Metroid Prime 2, involves Dark and Light aspects.
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise
Sauria
Corneria
Mute City (Redesigned)
Some F-Zero Level, lots of Lightning.
Big Blue
Castle Siege
Some Fire Emblem Location, looks older.
Some Plains... Bandits occasionally attack.
New Pork City
Some Mother City, it's covered in Neon lights.
Onett
The Summit
Skyworld
Smashville
Impact Site
A red building from Golden Sun
WarioWare
No Idea... loks like some Robot Fighting Arena?
Pictochat
Flatzone
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Battlefield
Final Destination
A new Stage, seems like a blend of Battlefield and Final Destination...

I cannot reveal everything, as I'm practically going by pictures alone. I hope you can understand.

...it's all rather blurry... I'm skeptical, but... I dunno. What do you guys think of the pictures? It doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, really. But I wanted Megaman. :p

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
"I have to go to work now, i'll post a pic when i get back."

...yea. Fake. Not to mention that the pictures that he posted are sloppy and shopped. Nothing to see here

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
AAAAHhHHHH MORE! I am SO EXCITED! Those look pretty legit!

Please, find more!

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Haha. Maybe I should have looked closer before I got all excited and made a thread. =\

Some of those characters are hugely off-center in their pictures. G&W doesn't even have a shadow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From what I seen, it does look like a good roster...

Geno, Sukapon and Ridley FTW...

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how long he's been planning to make a fake book just to trick people...

I wonder what else someone could do with that amount of time.. normal things?

EDIT: Just adding stuff btw. The guidebook doesn't reveal unlockables, so the G&W is misplaced

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Once he scans pictures of some of the other characters and moves that AREN'T already confirmed, then he would be more credible. Otherwise, he just PSed those and that's all there is to it.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Haha. Maybe I should have looked closer before I got all excited and made a thread. =\

Some of those characters are hugely off-center in their pictures. G&W doesn't even have a shadow.

heh, can't blame you. Most people have done this at some point :p. But yea, as you said those pictures are just very sloppy.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
To believe or not to believe:

Now it's getting interesting. We have some pictures this time. Though they aren't easy to fake (game and watch could easily be right out of melee, and the others are right off the dojo). But then again, this is how it started with melee. Some possibly fake pictures were shown and they ended up being real, despite even misaligned selection screen boxes.

Even though this is probably the 12th or so roaster (after 11 proven false now), I'd be happy to accept it. It seems to have a good deal of expected and unexpected characters. It'd bey a very fun roaster to play with. Here's to hoping.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
even if it is fake, it's the best fake i've ever seen.

but i never decide if its fake or not, simply because you never can tell one way or the other.

amost

Smash Apprentice
It's as if he copied/pasted random kana together in ways that are not legal

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I don't believe many rosters/leaks/every other spoiler at the moment. I think the part that killed it was the Miis and Sukapon. They sound like they could ruin the game (Sukapon has no limbs so its hit boxes would probably be unfair). Other wise I thought that it looked fine, though I also would've liked Megaman. I like some stages though. I really want Gangplank Galleon and some sort of King Dedede stage.

MrPitters2351

Smash Cadet
I'd actually be very ok with this. Sounds like it would be alot of fun. But of course, believe no leaks till what was it, the 14? Anyway, the only thing that disappoints me is Mii. I really don't know why everyone thinks he'll be in. Complete waste of a character.

Arteen

Smash Lord
"A red building from Golden Sun"? F*** yeah! I loved that nondescript place! Definitely fake, but at least he has pictures.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
What sort of makes me skeptical is that sonic is the character used to show the moves. I wouldn't expect to find sonic the the guide book. They'd use mario as they have in ever guidebook to date.

amost

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's up special will now be referred to as "yayyu" in remembrance of this crappy random-japanese-character pic

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How would Sukapon kill it....that Japanese give Sukapon a REALLY good chance of being in Brawl...

It is a fake roster though with BS pictures

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Another roster I'd be content with... but I don't believe it. For the reason Vesperview stated.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I've talked about this in another topic, but I might as well express my thoughts here too.

The scans look extremely sloppy since Lucas and Snake are cut off and Sonic has too much space on the right, Mr. Game and Watch is the easiest character to photoshop onto a graphic lineup since it's very unlikely his appearance will ever change... his simplistic look in Melee is already perfect. And according to some people, Sonic even has slightly different air moves!

The topic creator is also 'at work' as well, so he's probably making a hasty escape as we speak.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
What sort of makes me skeptical is that sonic is the character used to show the moves. I wouldn't expect to find sonic the the guide book. They'd use mario as they have in ever guidebook to date.
... What? You're saying that the brawl and melee guidebooks only had mario and didn't discuss any of the other characters?

LOL

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
The pics look real enough, especially the one with the aerial attacks. The background and the pics, all very realistic. I just want confirmation of a new stage or item

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I'm sorry guys, but there is one thing that proves ths wrong.

In the "aerial attacks" screenshot, it shows Sonic doing his SIDE B, not his FAir/BAir which we all (or most of us) know. Sonic's DAir is not correct either.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Funny how everyone who actually does have pictures, post very little, then they have to go somewhere. Is it really that hard to scan 5 pages? No it isn't.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Lets see.....

-He hasn't returned since
-The scans are obvioslly photoshopped
-The japanese text isn't real
-Those aren't Sonic's real moves
-All the pics are from the Dojo, except Game and Watch, who is easy to Photoshop, and is in the same pose as one he uses in melee.

FAKE

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Both of Sonic's side air attacks showed Sonic spinning in his ball mode. His fair is like Pikachu's, and his bair is like Samus'. I think it's fake.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Lets see.....

-He hasn't returned since
-The scans are obvioslly photoshopped
-The japanese text isn't real
-Those aren't Sonic's real moves
-All the pics are from the Dojo, except Game and Watch, who is easy to Photoshop, and is in the same pose as one he uses in melee.

FAKE
I think we all pretty much understood that.
But nice FAKE lettering there :chuckle:

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
A Kirby Mountain, bears the DDD Emblem.
idiot. he clearly knows what Mt. Dedede is. and it's NOT a mountain, it's a boxing ring. he's trying to make himself sound ignorant to boost his credibility, and it didn't work.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Along with everything you guys are posting, there is no Lucario, so FAKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom