• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I did that before and it didn't work.
weird
And the Alt. Skins doesn't work for me either!
Does the Classic Pro controller just not work for this mod? If so, that's BS in my opinion. 'Cause I don't have any normal classic controllers, nor a Gamecube controller adapter.
that would suck, but that seems like the case, do you have a regular wii you can use or do you just have the Wii U?

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
weird

that would suck, but that seems like the case, do you have a regular wii you can use or do you just have the Wii U?
I have a Wii, but it ain't set up in the right place for it to use Brawl as a party game. Not to mention it can't even start-up brawl without returning to the Wii Channel screen like 100 times.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I have a Wii, but it ain't set up in the right place for it to use Brawl as a party game. Not to mention it can't even start-up brawl without returning to the Wii Channel screen like 100 times.
oh, well that's a problem

jaystring

Smash Ace
Just tried the mod earlier today.

Really really great job! Very very impressive mod pack. It's miles ahead the older versions

It feel really great to see my Lucina Export been used on a good PSA!

Quick question :

I've found some "Link-Alt" and "Rob-Alts" in the data of the Wii version which looks like "new BrawlEx character" that are new costumes yet they don't seem to be accessible at all in-game (I tested the dolphin version)

Am I doing something Wrong!?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So I got a hold of the pack, and I've followed the guide to running it hacklessly via LetterBomb. The LetterBomb letter refuses to show. I've made sure my Wii is up-to-date, triple-checked that my menu version and MAC address were correct, made sure my SD Card is formatted properly, and reinstalled from scratch several times. Still, the letter does not show. Is there any step I'm missing that isn't in the guide, or is the Hackless install guide there for future reference, as if Hackless currently isn't a thing?

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
yea u need a launcher. its stupid. i couldnt even copy the gct and the files to a virtual sd card. if i did, gecko os on dolophin couldnt find codes. then im forced to play it on their dolphin which is slower. wut

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
It's actually SOONTM? Jeez, I blame my timing on this.

stvn0603

Smash Rookie
I'm having a tough time setting up the launcher. I start-up LegacyXP.exe which just sends me to the Dolphin LXP.exe
I've set up the Wii NAND Root to the Wii Root in DolphinLXP User/Wii, Dump Path in the Dump in User, and the SD Card Path in the Wii Folder\sd.raw. I've also set up the default iso as the Smash Bros. Brawl. But whenever i startup the gecko boot.elf it says sd codes not found even on its launcher. Please help!

WestTownHD

Smash Rookie
Am i the only one having install issues? I tried to install it like i did smash infinite, project m, and brawl minus but for whatever reason it just boots brawl. any help is appreciated

Cnip

Smash Rookie
Young Link feels so smooth to play, ice arrow shenanigans off stage are so satisfying. But are there plans to tune the characters to fit more into project m gameplay and the engine?

Justintheman1

Smash Rookie
Hello. I downloaded the pack and unzipped it onto my 16 GB SDHC SD card and I put in my wii with the homebrew channel. After I put it in though there is no launcher that appears to launch the game. I also have a working brawl disc in the console. I am formatted to the proper format on my SD card. Does anyone know how to get the launcher to appear?

DraminOver

Smash Rookie
Amazing Modpack! I'm looking forward to future updates! i'm not going to report bugs 'cause... everyone is doing that... and i'm sure they will be fixed soon™.

MM125

Smash Rookie
Am i the only one having install issues? I tried to install it like i did smash infinite, project m, and brawl minus but for whatever reason it just boots brawl. any help is appreciated
I'm having this problem too.

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
I feel stupid for asking this but how would you go about editing costumes/music in the Dolphin version of the build?
(As in the pre-made one)

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Send me an e-mail at clopez42194026@gmail.com I can send it through google drive probably the only thing I can do now I'll upload it to mega later
Thanks, I found a mirror earlier today

Just tried the mod earlier today.

Really really great job! Very very impressive mod pack. It's miles ahead the older versions

It feel really great to see my Lucina Export been used on a good PSA!

Quick question :

I've found some "Link-Alt" and "Rob-Alts" in the data of the Wii version which looks like "new BrawlEx character" that are new costumes yet they don't seem to be accessible at all in-game (I tested the dolphin version)

Am I doing something Wrong!?
Hold L in the CSS when you select the character and cycle through the different alts with X/Y, you need to keep holding L until you press start/get to the SSS

jaystring

Smash Ace
Thanks, I found a mirror earlier today

Hold L in the CSS when you select the character and cycle through the different alts with X/Y, you need to keep holding L until you press start/get to the SSS
whoaa, just tried it, it's super cool!

There should be some indication in the CSS that these are there though, would never have known if you didn't told me.

How is that done technically!? with BrawlEx!? I know PyotrLuzhin was working on an "kind of ASL for character" but I didn't know he finished it.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
No, nobody has found a way to play it on usb loader
whoa don't go spouting misinformation >.> its really easy to load it on a USB. first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

make a new folder in the root of your SD card called "codes" and place the GCT's inside it. next rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and place it in the root of the SD. you should be able to load the game on any USB loader after that. you do however need an 8+ gig SD card.

you can also make an ISO using the dolphin build, then copy the wii download's files to SD, and it should work. again you will need an 8+ gig SD card. you will also need to move and rename the files as above.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I downloaded the pack and unzipped it onto my 16 GB SDHC SD card and I put in my wii with the homebrew channel. After I put it in though there is no launcher that appears to launch the game. I also have a working brawl disc in the console. I am formatted to the proper format on my SD card. Does anyone know how to get the launcher to appear?
Amazing Modpack! I'm looking forward to future updates! i'm not going to report bugs 'cause... everyone is doing that... and i'm sure they will be fixed soon™.
I'm having this problem too.
I feel stupid for asking this but how would you go about editing costumes/music in the Dolphin version of the build?
(As in the pre-made one)
whoaa, just tried it, it's super cool!

There should be some indication in the CSS that these are there though, would never have known if you didn't told me.

How is that done technically!? with BrawlEx!? I know PyotrLuzhin was working on an "kind of ASL for character" but I didn't know he finished it.
This release is a beta, so there will be bugs/ some things incomplete right now. It's probably hinted that it will take a while for the full version to come, so we can enjoy our beta build and soon (I mean come way earlier than full version) TE version (tournament edition which will have all characters with L alts and less amount of stages and none of the newcomers so that it can be 2GB and for tourney (will probably get hackless of actual xp with all LXP characters as soon as full unfortunately))

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
This release is a beta, so there will be bugs/ some things incomplete right now. It's probably hinted that it will take a while for the full version to come, so we can enjoy our beta build and soon (I mean come way earlier than full version) TE version (tournament edition which will have all characters with L alts and less amount of stages and none of the newcomers so that it can be 2GB and for tourney (will probably get hackless of actual xp with all LXP characters as soon as full unfortunately))
Is this true?

lesanae

Smash Rookie
Weird. I can't build the .wbfs even though it detects the iso in the builder. The error log is full of The system cannot find the path specified.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Weird. I can't build the .wbfs even though it detects the iso in the builder. The error log is full of The system cannot find the path specified.
Delete everything and try to decompress the .7z file again. Better if you try with 7-Zip instead of other programs.

MM125

Smash Rookie
Got it working, but it's lagging too much to be playable. Weird, I haven't had this problem with any other Brawl mod.

Also, I was looking over the song list and saw a Venus and Mercury Lighthouse stages from Golden Sun, but I can't find them anywhere on the SSS.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
I honestly cant believe they wasted their time not releasing it and making this crappy version that lags. Its fine with 5.0 no dips even with a recording device.they could have released it sooner. But then again the mod is gud

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
Got it working, but it's lagging too much to be playable. Weird, I haven't had this problem with any other Brawl mod.

Also, I was looking over the song list and saw a Venus and Mercury Lighthouse stages from Golden Sun, but I can't find them anywhere on the SSS.
They might in some way be secret ir somethig

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
whoa don't go spouting misinformation >.> its really easy to load it on a USB. first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

make a new folder in the root of your SD card called "codes" and place the GCT's inside it. next rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and place it in the root of the SD. you should be able to load the game on any USB loader after that. you do however need an 8+ gig SD card.
i've done this but i still get Brawl booting up! i installed it the same way i did PM but something might be out somewhere..

WestTownHD

Smash Rookie

you can also make an ISO using the dolphin build, then copy the wii download's files to SD, and it should work. again you will need an 8+ gig SD card. you will also need to move and rename the files as above.
Thank you so much! It worked!

Top Bottom