• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime-expo 2007

hitori

Smash Journeyman
Just two questions:

Who's goin?

Who's gonna be smashin?

I've got about a dozen kids up in Reno comin down to AX, and most of them are smash-o-holics. Will the smashboards have a strong presence at AX?

The game rooms are only open until midnight(and half the time they will be occupied for tournies), I believe, which doesn't leave alot of time for friendlies (or better yet, $ matches), so I'm certainly bringing a cube down.
If you guys are going, and would like to smash a bit in between cosplay gatherings, post it up here. I'll post my phone # before the event, and we can set aside some late night smash sessions, if you want.

Any takers?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm hoping to be there the full day on Saturday. I'm sure I'll set some time apart to go play some smash.

No way in hell am I entering the tourney again >_>

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
I played in the tourney last year, yeah it sucked, but hopefully this year's will be better. I'm bringing mah Wii for sure, so if anyone wants to MM me randomly in the middle of the night, I'll be up for it.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
i'm certainly down for middle of the night matches. we should really set up a contact list before the convention so we can all get a hold of one another. =P

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
I'm hoping to be there the full day on Saturday. I'm sure I'll set some time apart to go play some smash.

No way in hell am I entering the tourney again >_>
lolol i remember that whole thing. and yeah ill probably be goin. hopefully this hotel has plug ins on their tv, cause last year the Marriot did not.

Drex

Smash Apprentice
I will be there and will be bringing a few of the smashers from fresno down... maybe we should all go down there and just take the game room over on saturday morning ;p

hitori

Smash Journeyman
i'm worried the game room wii's will all be in tournament use. =/

oh!! And if you plan on gaming in your hotel room, esp. if you're staying at the Westin, bring a TV w/ AV plugs, because I don't think their sets will have them.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Last year it was ghey FFA. Hopefully this year, ppl will riot in protest of such a crappy tourney and they'll actually do brackets. I just found out the hotel I'm staying at with my friends is two blocks from the convention center. Sadness. If anyone's up for the walk, I'll be there all 4 days. MM

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I was the only one who protested last year -_-

I mean, Blitz was the only one.

:p

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Alex and I are going!!! not sure what days though

We'll smash and dash it, if anyone feels like MM DSF lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Man, good luck with those MMs. The people that run the room are hardcore *******s, and they won't hesitate to kick you out for 'gambling.'

They kicked Trevyn out two years ago for money matching, and almost kicked out Joe and McRusty last year -_-

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
I have a question

Im coming down with maybe 6 or 7 ppl from norcal.

NONE of them are smashers except me so im bringing a cube to my room. Im kinda lookin for roomies who need a place to stay.

It cost QUITE a bit of money like about hmmm 140ish to 150ish but its for all the nights for anime expo and its only 0.1 from the convention

SO PLZ if ur interested IM: gundamboi1211

post here or PM me about it cause im in dire need of roomies for anime expo so prices get cut down and such ^^.

Ill play as much as smash as I can with u also ^^.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Hey falcomist is it cool if we play some smash at your hotel room if the VG room is packed or closed or something? Thatd be cool. If not thats fine

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I guess I'm going to be there all day Saturday.

I'll probably be playing lots of friendlies.

Knivez

Smash Ace
I have a question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im coming down with maybe 6 or 7 ppl from norcal LOL!~.

NONE of them are smashers, except me, so im bringing a (C)Nintendo Gamecube to my room. Im kinda lookin for (gay) roomies who need a place to stay( in my a$$hole).

It costs QUITE a bit of money like about HMMMMM 140ish tee-hee!~but its for the whole night for my expo and its only 0.1 for the sex conversion

SO PLZ if ur interested IM: gundamboi1211

post here or PM me about it cause im in dire need of man balls so my prices may get cut down and such ^^.

Ill play with your balls as much as I can with u also ^^.
Dude Justin, stfu.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
LOL at Knivez!!!!!!!!!!! Good sh*t dude

And gtfo Hugo. You will get owned if it's free for all. I've seen how you handle urself in teams.

Knivez

Smash Ace
LOL, dude i may be a ***, but i'm also top ___. insert line there.

Hell yea ****

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
AX was pretty fun yesterday.

TVs were a bit laggy though, but I got used to it pretty quick. It was fun doing teams, not so much fun doing FFA. It seems like I got ganged up on alot.

It was nice to see Fear, Dino, and Veg (been a LONG time) again.

Knivez

Smash Ace
AX was pretty fun yesterday.

TVs were a bit laggy though, but I got used to it pretty quick. It was fun doing teams, not so much fun doing FFA. It seems like I got ganged up on alot.

translation: i went to anime expo to smash and feel like a dumba$$ for wasting so much of my already mundane life on it.

"but knivez(s)....AX is free! i didnt waste anything!~ LOLS-Z"

Not really timmy!, not when you account the opportunity cost of doing something more meaninful with your yourself- like stabbing a whale in the heart.

Thanks again JTB for sharing with us your AMAZING experience and i hope you dont choke again on a corndog anytime soon.

and is it me or is there something inherently homosexual with the following line?

It was fun doing teams, not so much fun doing FFA. It seems like I got ganged up on alot.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
ima be goin there and hopefully smashin it up in a decent tourney. =D

gonna be my first time goin to AX. its gonna be fun!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
ima be goin there and hopefully smashin it up in a decent tourney. =D

gonna be my first time goin to AX. its gonna be fun!
The tourney won't be decent. Take my word for it.

Jeth

Smash Rookie
The actual tournament will be tomorrow, Sunday, from 11 (10?) AM to 3 PM, as the schedule says. The gay **** about it is that they only have 1 SSBM game playing at a time, but maybe they'll have more for the tournament. I know I won't win, but I might give it a try to have a better understanding of my smashing level.

This tournament was horrible.

There were so many people there,and due to the limited amount of time,the tournament had to be made into a 4-player tournament,which was completely unorganized:

First Bracket: 4 player,last 2 survive advance

Second Bracket:4 player,last 1 survives

Third:1 on 1 with ITEMS!!!(Limited time)

Last:1 on 1 with items

I was there at the tournament during the open gaming as well.I was that red Marth that won about 9 times in the friendlies.Then when I played in the tournament matches,I got jumped by a Shiek and Link.But it didn't suprise me considering it happened to everyone who had skill(or who had low lives).To make things worse,we had to play on HDTV's without the proper cables,so things were very laggy.I couldn't even SHDF right.>_>

After I got eliminated,I just played Guilty Gear XX Accent Core until the tournament was over.You don't even win anything.

Top Bottom