• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Japanese Monk: PLEASE let that horrible Prima thing go. It's already been confirmed fake by its creator. I don't want to call you ignorant, but you really aren't leaving me much choice.

Well I wouldn't...considering its fake and all and there is no logic as to why a Prima Graphics Designer would have the Dojo order
What does it take to convince you people? Do I need to repost this?

Fake roster is FAKE! Not hard to understand.
No I just wouldnt comment

I wont let it go, you're believing an obvious fake. Its been confirmed fake by the guy who bloody created it for christs sake
Then, no offense, you're an idiot.
I have nothing more to say. If you want to keep dredging up old fakes and whatnot, go ahead. Go chase your wild geese. Just don't try to convince us that it's really when it's a confirmed fake, and don't slander on Serebii just for saying what we already know.
Ugh. Rumor is fake, end of story! Person who stated the rumor on Gamefaqs admitted it. Let this one die already. Your desperation for truth is blinding you. There was no pressure to call it fake. Take Serebii's word for granted and let the blasted rumor die already!
Just reposting these because I think they really drive the point home. Thanks, all. :bigthumbu

Serebii probably is trying to lead us to believe he knows more than he actually does. And dealing with the Prima "leak", I think its plausible. Not confirmed to be real...but plausible.

Reneging on ones own statement actually is the smartest thing to do to avoid being chased by Nintendo. Its an intelligent strategy and likely something a real "leaker" would do after dishonoring a NDA.

Something I think is actually funny considering he said he'd never mislead people. I dont think its a really big moral jump to use petty insults and then lie to people. Most times people who are willing to call others idiots, are also willing to lie. (at least in this context where I wrote or did nothing to warrant the insult) Simple as that.

Again, if the next character that is revealed is Krystal or Jiggly than this is perhaps more than plausible....until then Im not saying its real....im not saying its fake. Im more or less undecided.
Serebii DOES know what he's talking about. He runs a highly reputable Nintendo fansite, and he is no stranger to inside information. I think what warranted the insult is that the list has been proven to be fake--even admittedly so by its own creator--and yet you refuse to give it up, still claiming it to be "plausible." It's not plausible; it's fake.

And as for Clayton, he MAY have meant the Clay Guys, which I read are the Pig King Empires main workforce.
Well...maybe. But NOWHERE is the name Clayton ever mentioned in MOTHER3. Methinks this is a tip-off that he is fake beyond belief.

Yeah, I'm thinking Clay Guys is what he meant (assuming he's true). I've checked several Mother 3 sources (including Starmen.net) and haven't found a thing on a "Clayton" character. '

As long as he didn't mean Claus is an assist trophy, I'm okay. :-)
I doubt that's what he meant. He probably meant Claus, and he's probably sorely mistaken. I say this should disconfirm him, but only because I'm so sick of seeing all these fake leaks. The choice is yours and yours alone, MajinNecro, but I think this slip-up is enough to warrant him a fake. If he really DOES have inside information, he would at least know the correct name of either character.

I agree, to debunk rapscouter we'd have to debunk:
36% of his first cluster
40% of his second cluster
36% of his third cluster
36% of his fourth cluster
or 36% of his fifth cluster.

3/11 in his first cluster (SSB on VC, Delay, and 3rd third party character)
2/10 in his second cluster (Falco and Luigi)
2/11 in his third cluster (Ganondorf, Marth and Roy)
2/11 in his fourth cluster (Ness, Captain Falcon)
2/11 in his fifth cluster (Mewtwo, PT Rival)

Everything else can be scoffed off as either misplaced (revealing a supposed 4th third party character first instead of the 3rd, thus throwing him off), or things that can't be debunked without the game. It is impossible to debunk him 100% without the game, and that's just too coincidental to have not been done on purpose.
Yeah, it is a tad too coincidental. Nothing on his list has made me scoff too much yet, though, and his past credibility (with DP) does work in his favor. I suppose we'll just wait for tonight...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
No Ridley? No Sukapon? NO K. ROOL?! NO MEWTWO?!

It's fake. I'll go ahead and be the first(?) to say it. I'm tired of the prophetizers being negative.
Stop being ignorant and get over yourself.

Roster's are not fake because it doesn't have characters you want on it. They are fake because they are not the real roster. And for many of them that can only be proved by having the game or waiting for Dojo confirmation.

The world doesn't revolve around you. This is seriously something I'm seeing that is a thousand times more annoying than the millions of "leakers". It's selfish people like this that really annoy me.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I find it hilarious that some people say these prophets are fake because it doesn't contain a favorite character they want in it

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
New one appears:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40837403

I'm not going to bother to quote it, but can anyone dis-confirm this or whatever? Or can this be probable/possible?
Veterans:

01. Mario
02. Link
03. Kirby
04. Pikachu
05. Fox
06. Samus
07. Zelda/Sheik
08. Bowser
09. Donkey Kong
10. Yoshi
11. Peach
12. Ice Climbers
13. Luigi
14. Mewtwo
15. Ganondorf
16. Marth
17. Falco
18. Ness
19. Mr. Game & Watch
20. Captain Falcon
21. Toon Link
22. Jigglypuff

Newcomers:

23. Pit
24. Metaknight
25. Wario
26. Zero Suit Samus
27. Snake
28. K. Rool
29. Villager
30. Pikmin & Olimar
31. Ike
32. Ridley
33. Lucario
34. King Dedede
35. Diddy Kong
36. Isaac
37. Krystal
38. Lucas
39. Micaiah
40. Pokémon Trainer
41. Sukapon
42. Sonic
43. Geno

As far as the Subspace Emissary goes, I won't spoil that because I feel that it would really take away from the experience. There are several other unlockables in the game that I know of:

- There is a mode, which you can replay Subspace Emissary bosses
- New pieces for the Stage Builder
- Option to turn on/off Assist Trophies and Pokemon (You must see all Assist Trophies and Pokemon to unlock their respective option)
- Option to use your "leveled up" character in VS. mode
That's a fancy looking roster.

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
As much as I love that list, I don't trust it and I'm pretty sure that this list would recieve the Serebii stomp of doom deconfirming it due to the usual suspects that people believe are part of adeconfirming pattern.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
His name is DBGTmax9909. Yeah, that topic didn't last long. Those Gamefaqs mods are cracking down on those leak topics. This is what else he said:

Now, before you question the authenticity of my account, I want to make a couple things straight, this account is simply an alt account that I will use to my discretion. I will not say where or from whom this information was received. A final warning to those who don't want the game spoiled.
I love my Firefox Clippings:)

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
^ that might be the real roster, especially b/c of the fact that they deleted it. Seems real, no characters that contradict confirmed info.

I'd LOVE THAT ROSTER! Gimme!

Still, won't believe until i get proof.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I hate to side with a prophet, but did Rapscouter bring up the delay thing before things went south, that info could have gone bad with the unexpected shortage of discs (If that's to be believed as the reason), so technically, it wouldn't have been one of his three lies, just an unfornate coincidence. So we may have to allow for 5 lies in that first section.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
UltimateX64 is a fake.

Thats one of those blogs where you get payed for ads that are clicked on and a good amount of views.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
that's a real safe roster, and I'd be a little disapointed with it tbh, nothing overly surprising or unwanted on there, it's all hyped characters, I kind of doubt Zelda got no newcomers aswell, and only 1 new Mario rep who replaced Doc seems odd too. Mario having the same number as Zelda is also awkward, as Mario should have the most, and at least 1 more character than Melee had.

I might be wrong, but are there more Pokemon on there than Mario characters!? If that's the case, I'm almost positive it's fake.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
^ that might be the real roster, especially b/c of the fact that they deleted it. Seems real, no characters that contradict confirmed info.

As much as I actually like that one(Lucario, Ridley, and Micaiah would be an awesome surprise), that's not the reason. It's not as if Gamefaqs mods know the roster and lock as soon as they find it leaked...they're simply deleting leak threads because they pop up about once every 5 minutes now

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
so does this mean DBGTmax9909 is being added to the list? He seems like just a small time "I'll post a fake roster!!" as he doesn't really give anything too substantial along with it...

*shrug* That first post is going to fill up fast.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Although I commend you for keeping this thread updated so vigilantly, I must also wonder why you put yourself through this torture.

It's like the "Gold Rush" in California: so many people went there expecting to strike it rich when in fact it was just a ploy by California to get more people to move there. That's right: California wanted attention.

That's all these lists are: a ploy for attention by people pretending to have gold when they in fact do not.

I can't help but think that this thread is just pandering to their desires to be noticed and is as a result causing even more of them to show up looking for attention like moths to a flame.

If someone has gold, they can SHOW you the gold (aka screenshots). You shouldn't have to take it on faith that they have gold to offer.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
UltimateX64 is a fake.

Thats one of those blogs where you get payed for ads that are clicked on and a good amount of views.
That only brings his integrity into question, not the validity of his information. Just because the guy has a head for business does not mean he's lieing.

Doesn't mean he's telling the truth either mind you.

Either way, he's capitalizing off of our excitement. Like I said: Honorable? No. Intelligent? Yes.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Serebii? Are you talking about the newest one? What is it this time? Missing character or one who shouldn't be on there? .... Never mind. All we need to know it's fake. Good enough. I'm still hoping out for the Blue Bomber anyhow, but that would be a nice roster. 43 characters? Sweeeet.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
In regards to the first Metal Gear Solid, yes.

In MGS 2 I believe someone else becomes a Cyber Ninja, and in MGS 4, we know Raiden becomes one.

The thing is, we also see Gray Fox before he became a Cyber Ninja in Metal Gear 2 (for the MSX) and in the Portable Ops game(for the PSP)
Null being Gray Fox was weird as he wasn't a ninja in the first 2 games.
Also, ninjas in MG:
MGS->Gray Fox/Cyborg Ninja/Deepthroat
MGS:TS=crap=don't ever talk about it
MGS2:SoL->Olga
MGS4:GotP->Raiden
So having Raiden as an AT, considering no guns, would be a Gray Fox clone(blocks bullets and slashes, he just holds the sword differently), he also wouldn't use his grenade launcher as Snake got it, and Revolver Ocelot uses guns only(he used a semi-auto, then switched to revolvers). That means any prophet that has them is automatically debunked.

Deej

Smash Rookie
One things that concerns me is the lack of Takamura from any of the lists. Now im not saying he'll be a playable character (Though I'd love him to be one), but as far as I can see, he hasn't been mentioned once. Not as a AT even. I wonder if it means that the guys who come up with these lists are just unimaginative...

I'd love for somebody to prove me wrong on this one.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I do mind.
owned

Anyways, if a 3rd-party character is not revealed tomorrow (which I don't think any of us expect to happen) I say we kick rapscouter out of here. I probably said it half a dozen times through the course of this thread, but he's FAKE, he's just pretending he's throwing in lies in there to cover up his wrong guesses. I'm with the previous guys who said to boot him if he gets this wrong. This guy has had our attention far longer then it deserves...

Another thing, are we even sure that rapscouter is who we think he is? If anyone else remembers, when he posted stuff for Pokemon and the first "info" he posted for Brawl, he used a different name, didn't he? And then this second name comes on and just starts posting a bunch of random crap?

In short, yeah I say we delete his stuff if there's no third party tomorrow... get it out of our minds for good.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has mentioned to a new way to get "stronger" on the DOJO. Sakurai said he'd explain it in greater detail another time, so that should be highlighted yellow for DBGTmax9909.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Why is no one singing forbrawlbattle's praises?

He is the only one who has gotten so many right. What's the deal with this rapscouter guy?
He also posted information solely about ATs, half of which had already been revealed on the DOJO or through reports from WHOBBY, JumpFesta, and E For All. The guy is full of **** (and I don't say that often!).

EPX2

Smash Ace

... you actually believe that the GameFAQs moderation staff, of all people, would have advance knowledge of the Brawl roster? Not only that, but that Nintendo would be aware of this and instruct them to delete any "legitimate" leaks? roffle, no. That topic was deleted for trolling (posting false information as fact), not as a cover-up or anything ridiculous like that.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Aeris that AT guy posted his post about a week before the WHOOBY happened so it's possible he is right considering nothing proves he's fake yet

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
One things that concerns me is the lack of Takamura from any of the lists. Now im not saying he'll be a playable character (Though I'd love him to be one), but as far as I can see, he hasn't been mentioned once. Not as a AT even. I wonder if it means that the guys who come up with these lists are just unimaginative...

I'd love for somebody to prove me wrong on this one.
Actually Takamaru has appeared quite a bit on some of these fake roster lists. I wouldn't worry about the lack of Takamaru in some of the lists, though, most of them are pretty much fake in the first place.

Reptilian Overlord

Smash Rookie
I have a few questions about this just out of sheer curiosity and not being familiar with these matters.

1. Are there any notable or recorded cases of this ever happening before, such as with Mario Galaxy, Soul Calibur 3, or your own Pokemon information?

2. If the character roster was leaked (just the characters, not images, movies or other information) would Nintendo really go through the hassel and legal fees for something rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things? What if it caused more hype and preorders?

3. If there was a genuine leak before the JPN release, and Nintendo did go through the trouble of tracking down and prosecuting the leaker in an attempt to silence them, is there anything preventing the leaker from submitting proof of the Nintendo lawsuit, and thus proving their leak to be true?

As I said, I have no absolutely no knowledge of these sort of matters, I am just asking for my own education.

Hmm...it seems Serebii has pulled a "Mitt Romney" and refused to answer any of my questions about this whole lawsuit buisness. Either I am "beneath him" and not worth acknowledging, or he is hiding something.

Quite frankly, I think there are a number of falsities surrounding Serebii and/or his "source". Not necessarily that Serebii would outright lie, but rather I beleive Serebii's "source" is feeding him false information of some sort, about the roster, or about what will happen if he tells. It honestly seems as if nothing major will happen if Serebii reveals a text listing of the roster, especially so close to the relase date. So why bother hiding it?

As I said, I know nothing of the intricaticies of these affairs, so I asked some legitimate questions last night while Serebii was on, and this thread was not busy, yet he blatently ignored them. So that leads me to beleive that:

1. Serebii does not have any information (unlikely due to all the Pokemon info he had, and he dosen't seem to be the type to mislead on purpose)

2. Serebii's source is feeding him false information, and telling Serebii not to "leak" this info outright so that he avoids looking like another "false prophet", but still managing to play the little mind games these other "leakers" play, indirectly though Serebii.

3. Serebii and/or his source have true information, but are needlessly paranoid about what will happen if it leaks. There have been numerous leaks of other high profile games in the past, (Soul Calibur 3 even came with photos) so I don't see what makes this game so cloak and dagger, especially since Sakurai himself said that he wasn't as concerned with hidden characters this time.

I do not wish proof of the roster at this point, I wish for proof of if the roster (text only) is indeed leaked, especially through someone who did not directly sign an NDA or whatever, that the "main" leaker WILL be sued for millions and "never work in the video game industry again". If Serebii was questioned by Nintendo as to where he got the information from, he could easily claim an anonymous source. This whole thing reeks of nothing but conspiracy, scare tactics, and mind games.

I would like hard evidence and documentation of these "roster leak lawsuits", otherwise I cannot beleive he "can't reveal anything" unless he is INCREDIBLY paranoid. And neither should the rest of you. It makes no sense as to why so many users on here follow his word as irrefutable proof and law, purely because of the Pokemon info. It IS possible for Serebii's "trusted source" to lie to him about this game after all, as it seems to be the "in" thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom