• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An epic fight. Who will win?

Scykoh

Smash Cadet
Here's a scenario for you guys.

A mediocre player with the ability to spawn any item aside from Smashballs on command (so for example they could spawn a bomb or hammer or anything else whenever they choose) versus a top level player at the peak of their skill, specifically knowing the enemy can spawn items. Who will win and how would the fight go?

For variety's sake, think of this scenario on SS64, Melee and Brawl.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Brawl: The pro would win. Item catching+Glide tossing skills > Items. Though I'm not sure what could be done about Paper Fan-locking and Smart Bombs.

Melee: Tech skill > All.

64: Not sure, but combos > all.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
They could spawn Landmasters on Command.
C WAT I DID THAR? Starfox Command lol

Anyway, the pro would probably win, due to the fact that they have more skill evading than the newbie has attacking, so they would probably be able to dodge most of the time.

If there was no limit to items, and they stayed on the field infinitely, then, if you played as Ness or Lucas, you could just make a shelter of bumpers , then keep spawning Smash Balls and using PK Starstorm to KO your opponents :laugh:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
They could spawn Landmasters on Command.
C WAT I DID THAR? Starfox Command lol

Anyway, the pro would probably win, due to the fact that they have more skill evading than the newbie has attacking, so they would probably be able to dodge most of the time.

If there was no limit to items, and they stayed on the field infinitely, then, if you played as Ness or Lucas, you could just make a shelter of bumpers , then keep spawning Smash Balls and using PK Starstorm to KO your opponents :laugh:
The newbie couldn't spawn Smash Balls, according to the OP.

And the pro wouldn't win if the newbie kept spawing Bob-Ombs into his foe's attacks and Starmen into himself.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Since most people are saying the pro would win, then this proves why items shouldn't be banned.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The mediocre player gets Stars and Smartbombs, along with Spicy Curry.

Game. Set. Match.

Cress

Smash Cadet
Since most people are saying the pro would win, then this proves why items shouldn't be banned.
So wrong..
Imagine two players are nearly even. Now winning or losing depends on where an Item spawns lol..

Yesh yesh.. Noob VS Pro with Items on is sure thing.. but Pro vs Pro with Items on is not so cool

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
Spawn the Invincibility Star, Duke Nuts or anything that Stuns, slow downs or make hard use of your character, and finish it with a home run bat. Smash attacking the guy might work just as well too. But I can also see being kind even since the Pro might just get the other items too.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The newbie couldn't spawn Smash Balls, according to the OP.

And the pro wouldn't win if the newbie kept spawing Bob-Ombs into his foe's attacks and Starmen into himself.
I didn't realise it said no Smash Balls :laugh:.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I can't believe nobody said Chuck Norris...

The pro obviously, he has had experience and can dodge/catch items
the n00b probably doesn't know what to do with the items anyway

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
What is up with the items in the first place? They are severely overpowered. So many easy kills at 50% just by tossing an object. -.-

Items were almost tolerable in N64, but compare it to all this in Brawl. I got frustrated with Brawl's items so fast.....

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
A mediocre player with the ability to spawn any item aside from Smashballs on command (so for example they could spawn a bomb or hammer or anything else whenever they choose) versus a top level player at the peak of their skill, specifically knowing the enemy can spawn items
Everybody who is saying that the non-pro player is a "n00b" are quite mistaken. Pay attention to the SECOND word in the OP's post. He said mediocre, not a noob. Hell, I'd consider myself hardly above mediocre, but I certainly know my starman from my bunny ears.

And to everybody claiming the pro would win - The star disagrees.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Everybody who is saying that the non-pro player is a "n00b" are quite mistaken. Pay attention to the SECOND word in the OP's post. He said mediocre, not a noob. Hell, I'd consider myself hardly above mediocre, but I certainly know my starman from my bunny ears.

And to everybody claiming the pro would win - The star disagrees.
^^THIS!!!

However the scenario is still far to uncertain with many variables still unconsidered. And the fact that the OP said that for variety we can discuss about this scenario in any of the smash games makes it more difficult.
Like which characters they are using (It does matter.)
Which stage they are on (TOTALLY matters.)
Also people will have a different definition of mediocre.

Also, I have a question? Does the person with the ability to create items have ANY limit?(Besides the smashball.)
What I mean is, can you only create one item for the entire match? One type of item for the entire match? Lose this power once the opponent is on their last life? Summon only one of each item? Only have one item and it's effects on the screen/stage at any single moment? Only can use this power if he's losing? Etc...

If he truly can summon any item besides smashballs, then yeah, he's invincible (Some items are crazy cheap. Especially in combination with others.) This would be far from epic, and boring since it wasn't even a glimmering hope.

If there were restrictions on his ability (The 'have only one item and it's effects on the screen/stage at any single moment' is my favorite, as he couldn't use all items in one match.) then we're talking about a VERY VERY interesting game. Disregarding stage, characters, and how good the player with the ability actually is, the pro can beat him if he takes advantage of the limit in his ability. However if there is none, then there is no chance, no point.

This sounds like an awesome hack code. (Allowing one player to have the options of the training mode in a real match. :D XD)

UncleSam

Smash Master
question: where would the item spawn at...
good point, the starman would effect the game entirely if it was to spawn in front of the mediocre player but if it was to to spawn in say, the middle, the match could change entirely, it all depends on where it is spawned

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Depends what you mean by "Spawn".
If the mediocre player can spawn it and instantly grab it (ex. When they spawn, say, a homerun bat, they are already holding it) then there is no hope for the pro.
However, if by spawn you mean like the style that items normally appear in (randomly on the stage) the pro would win.

Scykoh

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, OP here. =) When I said the mediocre player would have the ability to spawn items on command, I didn't mean he'd be able to poof one into his hands or into his oponents face. More like training mode where the item falls out of the air in front of them. Also, keep in mind I say the pro player knows they have this ability. He could very possibly take good advantage of this!

Edit: Also, keep in mind there's a decent bit of space when you spawn items this way (check for yourself) the pro player could take advantage of a Starman spam, and probably stop the mediocre player from using them so much.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The pro could have a chance lol

See the thing about STARS is they tend to jump about making it a little difficult to catch, and seeing that the noob is noob he'll have to miss it occasionally, pretty much handing the pro the STAR CHYEAA!

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
lol
you guys fail

spawning stars on himeself for invincibility and just using only jab will let the n00bie item spawning player win .
fixed for clarity.

Right on him or right in front of him,it's basically the same thing at the distance you're talking about. The pro would not be able to grab the star in time especially if the noob could keep spawning and gaining stars once invincible.
No matter how good you are you can't beat invincibilty lol

/thread

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
This is random.

In SSB64, I dunno, but I think the pro would win.

In Melee, tech skill beats anything.

In Brawl, there are too many just plain crazy items out there like Smart Bombs and whatnot.

Lanoot15

Smash Cadet
brawl : the pro would win because of the massive amount of items to steal off the ground from tha noob
melee: the pro would win there due to tech skill and also because he wouldnt even let the noob get an item lol
64: pretty even match up to me wit this one

Lanoot15

Smash Cadet
brawl:the pro would win because he wont even let tha noob get any item they spawn since its random lol
melee: the pro would win because of the masive amounts of techs and also because they wont let tha noob get any items
64:seems even here depends on the characters they pick will make out the outcome of this one

Top Bottom