• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibos. Yay or nay?

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning to get a couple. They will be my sparring buddies until they start destroying me. And for the increased stats, I may have to use custom equipment in order to compete.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to think so far.

I got Yoshi and leveled him up to 50 tonight. I guess I played pretty aggressively and now he just camps with eggs and dodges everything. I wish he copied what i did instead of countered it. He can go toe-to-toe with me, but it's mainly by using ridiculously timed dodges or smashes. I was kinda hoping that their strength would come from using moves effectively rather than having computer-precise reads. That's what turns me off from fighting traditional CPUs. On the other hand, he behaves completely different around Lv. 9s and often looses.

I want to try another Amiibo and see if I can mold it a bit more to my style. They are lots of fun to train, and all the figures looked great in my opinion. I don;t know if I would be up for getting a whole bunch to Lv 50 just so they can do the same ridiculous dodges that computers do.

Hellzsaint

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hellzsaint
3DS FC
0087-2525-0130
I'm really curious to try it to be honest. But I'll have to get the money to buy a Wii U and a copy of smash T.T

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
Level 50 mario, ignores team attack rule, consistently loses to level 9 computers. But can tear apart most human players. In my opinion- having them will train you to deal with intermediate hassles and nuances of each character (that you happen to buy). I'm tempted to buy a Yoshi to better handle tournaments in the future. I'd buy a ness AND lucario right now if it were available.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I don't really care too much about what it adds to the game, I just want a Robin figurine to keep in my room.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
I don't own any yet, but seeing how many people are saying their Amiibo is getting stronger than them, I'm interested in getting one or two. I'm not sure how training them works exactly, but I'd like to try it out anyway.

Also, does anyone know if they can be reset?

D

Deleted member

Meh, I just wanted a Meta Knight amiibo so that I can turn the figure into a keychain or something, but now that I know that they can be potential practice partners that'll be better than you makes me want it more!!

Top Bottom