• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Discussion

Shog

Smash Ace
You know what worries me the most?
How Jigglypuff and Charizard will look like :( First has a ""bad"" pose for a statue ...eh figure, and latter has a face which can be made very weird.)
That would make me sad because a Jigglypuff Amiibo in Mario Party 10 may allow me to use Jigglypuff in Mario Party 10 :D And it is cute as puppies

Don't forget people: Amiibo can be used in different games! It seems most people here forget that. That's why it is decent DLC in my opinion. It is just...hopefully they don't **** other amiibos up

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Personally I don't think the final designs of the amiibo figures look so bad. I can see what people are saying when they're referring to odd things about them (in Link's figure, for instance), but I don't really care much for figurines in general, and I really don't see a big drop in quality, so I'll give them some slack. I'm kind of interested in seeing how Mr. Game & Watch's amiibo will look, though.

And it's true that amiibo will work across different games. But an IGN interview with Miyamoto and Shinya Takahashi seems to suggest that amiibo will be read-only for some games. Not to say it'd cheapen the value of these figures, but it looks like they'll have some technical limits to them. (Interview here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-nintendo-on-amiibo-smash-bros-and-custom-figurines)

Also:
Miyamoto said:
In fact, there is already an amiibo of my Mii.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Still pretty exited for the AI aspect of them. Training an AI to be your sparring buddy sounds very appealing, and seeing it grow looks like it's very satisfying.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Your amiibo does learn from what you do; according to GameXplain, a Nintendo rep said that he kept taunting after every KO, then eventually, his amiibo taunted after KOs.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I think I figured it out (no pun intended)! The reason the Amiibo act like they do is entirely due to the boring singleplayer complaint. With Amiibo, you can basically have plastic versions of your friends to fight! Looks like Medusa did join Smash in her own unique way.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm still pretty excited about this whole Amiibo stuff. I plan to get the Link Amiibo once it comes out and then wait for the Amiibos of Rosalina, Mega Man, Ike and Lucina to become available.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably going to wait for a ROB amiibo, or at least for an amiibo of some character that has a tactic that the normal AI doesn't handle well. Imagine teaching Luigi how to spike with his taunt, or to finally have a tough battle against a campy character, who is actually camping properly!

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, at first I was going to buy one to test out the functionality and whatnot; however, as time goes on, I am not as interested as I once was. Perhaps once a character that I care about comes out, namely Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, or Lucina, I will consider it. That being said, I hope that Nintendo establishes the extent of their connect-ability sooner than later. I am curious as to how this will influence their games from this point forward.

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps you will be able to play them in the next Mario-Kart. Or the current one, since Nintendo likes DLC now. Imagine a face off between Mewtwo, Kirby and ROB in some crazy race.

Not quite probable but it's possible...

Top Bottom