• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senpai♥

"I'm an earthquake in a can!"
I gotta say, I personally am not big on some of the color choices here. Carbon Kirby needs to have his shoes and cheeks a little more on the orange side, etc. But that's just personal preference.

On another note, why is it that some of the alternate costumes we have lack in color choices? Dry Bowser, Armor Mewtwo, Punch-out Donkey Kong and Pirate Wolf, for example, would be great with some team colors.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Someone on kc-mm already made one a while ago, I would link it but the site's not working on mobile for me.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
As far as Captain Falcon alt costume goes, is Blood Falcon eligible? He is a second character different to C. Falcon, but he is also a direct clone of C. Falcon, similar to how Dark Link is a clone to Link. I think an evil clone is close enough to the same character to be called the character's name.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, if Blood Falcon was added as the alt costume for C. Falcon, should they get rid of his current Red and Purple costume since it could be seen as too similar?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Fighting wire frame skin for cfalc? Am I the only person that would dig it?
If they don't wanna do a full on skin because people might think it's a "new character" like shadow for sonic, what about falcon wearing clothes that resemble the male wire frame, but with his head still being himself?

Pug

Smash Apprentice
Would a Fierce Deity skin for Link be too full-on? I'd love that. Obviously he'd still use a sword and shield instead of his double helix blade. Maybe the shield could use the Termina Hero's Shield design instead of the Hylian Shield one.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Would a Fierce Deity skin for Link be too full-on? I'd love that. Obviously he'd still use a sword and shield instead of his double helix blade. Maybe the shield could use the Termina Hero's Shield design instead of the Hylian Shield one.
A lot of people (myself included) disagree with making a Fierce Deity, because due to the fact that the texture must fit Link's model, his sword as well as his body would be on a smaller scale than what they're meant to be on. He also would be incapable of twohanding his sword, which isn't quite as bada*ss. So in short, Fierce Deity will likely not make an appearance.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I feel like that's not too much of a stretch. I think technically Mario and Dr. Mario aren't the same person.
They are the same person, but it's been essentially said by Miyamoto that Dr. Mario isn't canon. Yeah, imagine that. Someone at Nintendo actually cares about canon in a Mario game.
....They should do that more. :/

I agree Blood Falcon is a good choice because TP Link and OoT Link are, again, different people, and according to this thread BF is an actual clone of CF.

Are there any solid most wanted ZSS/Samus alts so far? There's several outfits to choose from now that I think of it.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I wish that PM would use Smash 3 skins. I know it's an easy change to do independently, but S3 textures are similar to how I imagine revamped Melee graphics, so it would only be fitting, and S3 has some interesting Alts. (Japan Baseball Ness is the bomb.com)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
They are the same person, but it's been essentially said by Miyamoto that Dr. Mario isn't canon. Yeah, imagine that. Someone at Nintendo actually cares about canon in a Mario game.
....They should do that more. :/

I agree Blood Falcon is a good choice because TP Link and OoT Link are, again, different people, and according to this thread BF is an actual clone of CF.

Are there any solid most wanted ZSS/Samus alts so far? There's several outfits to choose from now that I think of it.
I would like a Justin Bailey recolor. I don't need the whole bikini option, just the coloring. Fo' nostalgia

I wish that PM would use Smash 3 skins. I know it's an easy change to do independently, but S3 textures are similar to how I imagine revamped Melee graphics, so it would only be fitting, and S3 has some interesting Alts. (Japan Baseball Ness is the bomb.com)
Whoa whoa whoa Smash 3 skins? Reference please!!!

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I really would like to see ZSS with a bob.

Other ideas for her could be things like a camo suit or ballet style bodysuit, which I imagine wouldn't be that hard to do since those suits are pretty much textureless haha

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
@ TRJV TRJV
:mario2:- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.
:luigi2:- Dr. Luigi, Dreamy Luigi
:peach:- Nurse Peach (with extended dress for hitboxes), SMB1 Peach / Retro Peach, Pauline Recolor, Melee Dress Style, Melee Daisy Alt,
:bowser2:- Dark Bowser, Strikers Bowser, Wedding Bowser, Bowletta, SMB1 Box Art Bowser, King Koopa (Super Show), Meowser

Donkey Kong -
:dk2:- Funky Kong Cosplay, Strikers DK, Strikers Charged DK, Donkey Kong Jr. (Grown Up), Swanky Kong Cosplay, Rambi Glitch DK, Real Gorilla Colors, DK64 Recolors
:diddy:- Strikers Diddy, DK Jr's Clothes, Kiddy's Cosplay, Funky Kong Cosplay, Lanky Kong Cosplay, DK64 Recolors

Yoshi -
:yoshi2:- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.

Wario Ware -
:warioc::wario:- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.

Legend of Zelda -
:link2:- SS, SS Manga Link, Hyrule Warriors Link, NES Art Link, Hero's Shade (either as a skeleton or as OoT Link wearing his armor), ALttP Link
:zelda:- OoT / Melee, SS, ALttP 1, ALttP 2 (cape bound to hair / dress bones), Four Swords Costume (Just the clothes/ hair), Puppet Zelda
:sheik:- OoT / Melee, SS-inspired (Impa's clothes?), ALttP-inspired, Four Swords-inspired, Puppet Sheik
:ganondorf:- OoT / Melee, OoT3D, Wind Waker Recolor, Oracles Concept Art
:toonlink:- Classic Link, ALttP Link recolors, Conductor Link, Young Link's Clothes, Bunny Link

Metroid -
:samus2:- UAM 1 / Omega Suit, MP2 Samus + Recolors, true Fusion Suit, true Dark Suit, true Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit, Light Suit, PED Suit, Corrupted PED Suit, Dark Samus cosplay, Power Suit, Other M Samus
:zerosuitsamus:- Zero Mission Ending (Pic 2), Super Metroid Ending, Metroid Fusion Ending, Civvies, Military Suit, Justin Bailey, 'Corrupted' Samus, Classic ZSS, SJS ZSS, ExciteBike Jumpsuit

Retro -
:pit:- Sacred Treasures, Classic/Melee Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising Fighter Armor
:popo:- Real Ice Climbers, Hoods Down, Summertime Ice Climbers, Autumn Ice Climbers, Spring Ice Climbers, Classic Ice Climbers, Double Popo and Double Nana
:rob:- SNES ROB, Gamecube ROB, Wii ROB, N64 ROB, DS ROB, Nav-Com Cosplay (StarTropics), Atomic Purple recolor (Pic 2), Chibi-Robo Parts / Cosplay, Giga-Robo Parts / Cosplay
:gw:- Orange, Purple, White, Silver, Gold, and other recolors

Kirby -
:kirby2:- Grape, Charcoal, Orange, Snow... just recolors in general. Dark Matter recolor, Yarn Recolor
:metaknight:- Quickdraw Meta Knight, Meta Knight unmasked, Super Star Ultra Meta Knight (different hat? someone find this.), NES Meta Knight, Draw Meta Knight, Dark Meta Knight Cosplay, Galactica Knight Cosplay
:dedede:- Quickdraw Dedede, Penguin colored, Masked Dedede, Classic Dedede, Draw Dedede, ToyDedede (Kirby's Toybox), Ninja Dojo Dedede

Pikmin -
:olimar:- Alph, Brittany and Charlie-like recolors, Bad Ending Pikmin Olimar

Star Fox -
:fox:- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.
:falco:- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.
:wolf:- Pirate Wolf recolors,

F-Zero -
:falcon:- Classic Captain Falcon, Pikmin Suit, Famicom Disguise, Super Falcon Suit, GX Captain Falcon, Space Hunter Drake Redcrest Cosplay

Pokemon -
:pikachu2:- Christmas Hat, Sparky Hair, Classic Shiny Pikachu, Raichu recolor, Team Rocket Hat, Pichu Backpack, Melee Fedora, Ninja Mask, Red Orb Pikachu, Blue Orb Pikachu, Female Pikachu, Yellow's Hat, Ethan's Hat
:squirtle:- Clone Squirtle
:ivysaur:- Clone Ivysaur (Based on Clone Venusaur or Clone Bulbasaur)
:charizard:- Clone Charizard, Ridley colored, Dragonite colored, Dry Charizard, Gen II Shiny Charizard
:lucario:- Sir Aaron's Clothes (Possibly with cape bound to dreads, or without the cape if that doesn't work), Lucaryu, Evil Lucario (PM Unlocked image seems to be gone?)
:mewtwopm:- Shiny Mewtwo in Armor, Pokemon Adventures Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo, Original Orange Mewtwo
:jigglypuff:- Christmas Hat, Nurse Joy Hat, Officer Jenny Hat, Melee Focus Sash, El Globo, Bigglypuff, Classic Red/Blue Jigglypuff
Not doing images for these right now. Far too many. Maybe some other time.

-Other PC's hats, colored to match their game's title
-Costumes based on other Pokémon
-Colosseum accessories
-GBC's monochrome style

NPC Hats:
-Villainous Teams hats
-Elesa's ear-things
-DJ Mary's headphones and glasses
-Lanette's glasses and bandanna. Iris's crown
-Kimono Sisters' obi and kanzashi
-Blaine's tie and shades (and 'stache)
-Surge's shades and tags
-Lorelei's opaque glasses
-Will's mask
-Riley's hat
-Marley's bow and collar
-One of Bianca's crazy hats
-Winona's helmet
-Maylene's bandages and gloves
-Crasher Wake's mask
-Lenora's headband
-Skyla's propeller
-Caitlin's Gen 4 ribbons
-Double the flowers on jigglypuff's costume so it more resemble Phoebe's
-Conquest's PC's' crazy horn-crowns
-Plenty of basic trainer classes
Fire Emblem -
:marth:- Awakening Marth, Classic (Pantless) Marth, Shadow Dragon Marth, Mystery of the Emblem Marth, Great Lord Lucina Cosplay, Lucina Mask, Alm Recolor
:roypm:- Awakening Roy (Pic 2), Eliwood recolor
:ike:- Lord Ike (Pic 2), Vanguard Ike (Pic 2), Hero Ike (Pic 2), Awakening Ike

Earthbound -
:ness2:- Robot Ness, Jeff's school uniform, Poo's martial arts gi, Ninten's clothes (Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4), Ghost Ness, Project M shirt
:lucas:- DCMC shirt, Pajamas Lucas, Kumatora Recolor, Duster's clothes / recolor, Project M shirt, Mike Jones recolor (Pic 2), Pigmask Army Uniform

Third Party -
:snake:- Big Boss / Naked Snake, Old Snake, Liquid Snake, Tuxedo Snake
:sonic:- Silver-Colored Sonic, Orange-Colored Sonic, Monochrome Sonic, Legacy Sonic, Excalibur Sonic, Race Gear Sonic, Sonic Boom Sonic, Sonic Riders Concept Art, Darkspine Sonic, Link Sonic

Costumes which can or will not be done according to PMBR:

:kirby2:- Draw Kirby, Quickdraw Kirby, and anything else that will interfere with his hats.
:charizard:- Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y
:lucario:- Mega Lucario
:mewtwopm:- Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Mewtwo Y
:sonic:- Classic Sonic

:mario2::yoshi2::warioc::wario::fox::falco:- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.
:yoshi2:- Pirate Yoshi, Brown Yoshi,
:warioc::wario:- Adventure Wario (WL1 and VBWL), Dragon Wario, Jet Wario (WL1), Eagle Wario (VBWL), Bull Wario (WL1, works as a black alt.), Vampire Wario (WL3), Wicked Wario (MoD), Zombie Wario (WL2,3,4)

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I actually watch both of these threads. Thanks for finding the list anyways, though.

Actually, though, Solbliminal reposted it on the last page with a lot of new Sonic costumes. That's the newest version.
Mario -
:mario2:
- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.
:peach:- Nurse Peach (with extended dress for hitboxes), SMB1 Peach / Retro Peach, Pauline Recolor, Melee Dress Style, Melee Daisy Alt,
:bowser2:- Dark Bowser, Strikers Bowser, Wedding Bowser, Bowletta, SMB1 Box Art Bowser, King Koopa (Super Show), Meowser

Donkey Kong -
:dk2:- Funky Kong Cosplay, Strikers DK, Strikers Charged DK, Donkey Kong Jr. (Grown Up), Swanky Kong Cosplay, Rambi Glitch DK, Real Gorilla Colors, DK64 Recolors
:diddy:- Strikers Diddy, DK Jr's Clothes, Kiddy's Cosplay, Funky Kong Cosplay, Lanky Kong Cosplay, DK64 Recolors

Yoshi -

Wario Ware -

Legend of Zelda -
:link2:- SS, SS Manga Link, Hyrule Warriors Link, NES Art Link, Hero's Shade (either as a skeleton or as OoT Link wearing his armor), ALttP Link
:zelda:- OoT / Melee, SS, ALttP 1, ALttP 2 (cape bound to hair / dress bones), Four Swords Costume (Just the clothes/ hair), Puppet Zelda
:sheik:- OoT / Melee, SS-inspired (Impa's clothes?), ALttP-inspired, Four Swords-inspired, Puppet Sheik
:toonlink:- Classic Link, ALttP Link recolors, Conductor Link, Young Link's Clothes, Bunny Link

Metroid -
:samus2:- UAM 1 / Omega Suit, MP2 Samus + Recolors, true Fusion Suit, true Dark Suit, true Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit, Light Suit, PED Suit, Corrupted PED Suit, Dark Samus cosplay, Power Suit, Other M Samus
:zerosuitsamus:- Zero Mission Ending (Pic 2), Super Metroid Ending, Metroid Fusion Ending, Civvies, Military Suit, Justin Bailey, 'Corrupted' Samus, Classic ZSS, SJS ZSS, ExciteBike Jumpsuit

Retro -
:popo:- Real Ice Climbers, Hoods Down, Summertime Ice Climbers, Autumn Ice Climbers, Spring Ice Climbers, Classic Ice Climbers, Double Popo and Double Nana
:rob:- SNES ROB, Gamecube ROB, Wii ROB, N64 ROB, DS ROB, Nav-Com Cosplay (StarTropics), Atomic Purple recolor (Pic 2), Chibi-Robo Parts / Cosplay, Giga-Robo Parts / Cosplay
:gw:- Orange, Purple, White, Silver, Gold, and other recolors, Chef G&W

Kirby -
:kirby2:- Grape, Charcoal, Orange, Snow... just recolors in general. Dark Matter recolor, Yarn Recolor
:metaknight:- Quickdraw Meta Knight, Meta Knight unmasked, Super Star Ultra Meta Knight (different hat? someone find this.), NES Meta Knight, Draw Meta Knight, Dark Meta Knight Cosplay, Galactica Knight Cosplay
:dedede:- Quickdraw Dedede, Penguin colored, Masked Dedede, Classic Dedede, Draw Dedede, ToyDedede (Kirby's Toybox), Ninja Dojo Dedede

Pikmin -

Star Fox -

F-Zero -
:falcon:- Classic Captain Falcon, Pikmin Suit, Famicom Disguise, Super Falcon Suit, GX Captain Falcon, Space Hunter Drake Redcrest Cosplay

Pokemon -
:pikachu2:- Christmas Hat, Sparky Hair, Classic Shiny Pikachu, Raichu recolor, Team Rocket Hat, Pichu Backpack, Melee Fedora, Ninja Mask, Red Orb Pikachu, Blue Orb Pikachu, Female Pikachu, Yellow's Hat, Ethan's Hat
:charizard:- Clone Charizard, Ridley colored, Dragonite colored, Dry Charizard, Gen II Shiny Charizard
:lucario:- Sir Aaron's Clothes (Possibly with cape bound to dreads, or without the cape if that doesn't work), Lucaryu, Evil Lucario (PM Unlocked image seems to be gone?)
:mewtwopm:- Shiny Mewtwo in Armor, Pokemon Adventures Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo, Original Orange Mewtwo
:jigglypuff:- Christmas Hat, Nurse Joy Hat, Officer Jenny Hat, Melee Focus Sash, El Globo, Bigglypuff, Classic Red/Blue Jigglypuff

-Colosseum accessories
-GBC's monochrome style

NPC Hats:
-Villainous Teams hats
-Elesa's ear-things
-Surge's shades and tags
-Will's mask
-Riley's hat
-Marley's bow and collar
-Winona's helmet
-Crasher Wake's mask
-Lenora's headband
-Skyla's propeller
-Caitlin's Gen 4 ribbons
Fire Emblem -
:marth:- Awakening Marth, Classic (Pantless) Marth, Shadow Dragon Marth, Mystery of the Emblem Marth, Great Lord Lucina Cosplay, Lucina Mask, Alm Recolor

Earthbound -
:ness2:- Robot Ness, Jeff's school uniform, Poo's martial arts gi, Ninten's clothes (Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4), Ghost Ness, Project M shirt
:lucas:- DCMC shirt, Pajamas Lucas, Kumatora Recolor, Duster's clothes / recolor, Project M shirt, Mike Jones recolor (Pic 2), Pigmask Army Uniform

Third Party -
:sonic:- Silver-Colored Sonic, Orange-Colored Sonic, Monochrome Sonic, Legacy Sonic, Excalibur Sonic, Sonic Boom Sonic, Riders Sonic, Sonic Riders Concept Art, Darkspine Sonic, Link Sonic, Soap Shoes, Sonic Rivals Bonus Race Suits, Santa Sonic, Jack-O-Lantern Sonic, SA2 Phantasy Star themed Suit, Alternate Phantasy Star Suit, Zonic the Zone Cop, Archie's Evil Sonic, Evil Sonic / Scourge (Pre-Master Emerald), Scourge, Stealth the Hedgehog (Spider-Man Sonic), Sonik (Super Hero Sonic), Roboticized Sonic, Sonic Simulator Robot, Gear's Apparel (World War Blue inspired Sonic outfit), Prelate Sonic (Based on Archie's Prelate concept).

:kirby2:- Draw Kirby, Quickdraw Kirby, and anything else that will interfere with his hats.

:mario2::yoshi2::warioc::wario::fox::falco:- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.
:warioc::wario:- Adventure Wario (WL1 and VBWL), Dragon Wario, Jet Wario (WL1), Eagle Wario (VBWL), Bull Wario (WL1, works as a black alt.), Vampire Wario (WL3), Wicked Wario (MoD), Zombie Wario (WL2,3,4)

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I actually watch both of these threads. Thanks for finding the list anyways, though.

Actually, though, Solbliminal reposted it on the last page with a lot of new Sonic costumes. That's the newest version.
Mario -
:mario2:
- Already full on costumes, not getting any more.

Donkey Kong -

Yoshi -

Wario Ware -

Legend of Zelda -

Metroid -

Retro -
:gw:- Orange, Purple, White, Silver, Gold, and other recolors, Chef G&W

Kirby -

Pikmin -

Star Fox -

F-Zero -

Pokemon -

-Colosseum accessories
-GBC's monochrome style

NPC Hats:
-Villainous Teams hats
-Elesa's ear-things
-Surge's shades and tags
-Will's mask
-Riley's hat
-Marley's bow and collar
-Winona's helmet
-Crasher Wake's mask
-Lenora's headband
-Skyla's propeller
-Caitlin's Gen 4 ribbons
Fire Emblem -

Earthbound -

Third Party -
:sonic:- Silver-Colored Sonic, Orange-Colored Sonic, Monochrome Sonic, Legacy Sonic, Excalibur Sonic, Sonic Boom Sonic, Riders Sonic, Sonic Riders Concept Art, Darkspine Sonic, Link Sonic, Soap Shoes, Sonic Rivals Bonus Race Suits, Santa Sonic, Jack-O-Lantern Sonic, SA2 Phantasy Star themed Suit, Alternate Phantasy Star Suit, Zonic the Zone Cop, Archie's Evil Sonic, Evil Sonic / Scourge (Pre-Master Emerald), Scourge, Stealth the Hedgehog (Spider-Man Sonic), Sonik (Super Hero Sonic), Roboticized Sonic, Sonic Simulator Robot, Gear's Apparel (World War Blue inspired Sonic outfit), Prelate Sonic (Based on Archie's Prelate concept).

Oops. I must have looked over it. >.<

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Specifically anything Archie comics related will incur their wrath apparently so better take those down :(

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I would give up my left nut for a professionally-made Meowser alt.

Meowser and Light Suit Samus are all I really want out of the game, costume-wise.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Didn't the PMBR say that a Meowser alt wouldn't work?
I don't think PMBR did. If they had, I would've moved it down to the bottom. Meowser most likely (I'm 95% sure) wouldn't work because he woud need bones to animate his tail, but I don't take the character off until PMBR themselves say it's not gonna happen.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
In reference to this list, I thought we said cosplays weren't allowed?
Cosplay is allowed.

The PMBR doesn't want costumes that change identity, that's not to say one character can't have a costume that resembles someone else.

For instance, Peache's costume with Daisy colors is still Peach because there are several physical attributes that Daisy has that aren't present.

There's some leeway there. Nonetheless, I'd prefer to have more creative alts besides cosplays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom