• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Peaches I need help? Zelda vs. Peach

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here is my problem. Im a decent peach that can float cancel and play her the way she is supposed to be played. I have a rival that plays ganon and I can beat his ganon, but when he plays Zelda, I get tore up by her foot (f air, b air). It crushes my float cancel and she just reflects all the turnips. What can I do? Is there a character that counters Zelda or is there a way around the awesome foot?

You cant downsmash because its an automatic toe to the face. If you float cancel, auto toe, and cant risk dash attackting too much cause her grab to dthrow equals toe. I just have a really hard time and I still need advice.

Also when she comes in with a fair or bair, I cant sheild grab because of his spacing. Im talking about some smart Zelda players that are ranked in our power rankings.

No shield grabs, no float canceling, no downsmash = no win for peach. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
characters that counter Zelda: Sheik, Falco, Fox. There's more, but those matchups are the most annoying imo.

Uhh, don't get hit by the kick? I don't know, I usually go Zelda against Peach, probably because of the reasons you listed, and Zelda is my main. I can give tips for the other end of the matchup, but that's not what you need.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
thanks for the help, i really dont play sheik, falco, or fox. I can play zelda, ganon, ylink, doc, and marth pretty well.
Sarge, my friend, if I were you I wouldn't switch characters just for this matchup. Assuming that were talking about KO, I would just play patiently. Zelda can't do anything from far away besides try to dins fire... I don't know how often KO does that, but it would leave him very vulnerable. If he just keeps fairing and bairing, shieldgrab him? If you get him in a throw, im sure you can get off a floatcancelled fair (when he can't respond, he cant boot you! ^^).

Have you ever seen him vs. Lance87, or have you asked him for tips?

*also bump to keep tips coming*

EDIT- Also, this might help. its the matchup from the point of view of the Zelda, from the Zelda faq. ^^ always fun to see from their pov.

-----------------
Princess Peach
-----------------

This wench is your main rival for main Nintendo gal, and she's despised by most players. She's so special she has her own way of eliminating lag off of her aerials; float cancelling.

Shield grabbing is going to be very tough here. Your throw to aerial setups will work wonders here, and never try to KO for a throw, because Peach has amazing recovery. The other golden rule is to NEVER EVER EVER EVER CROUCH CANCEL AGAINST HER. Like don't even think about pressing down either. She'll do her downsmash...and you'll take about 60-70+% in the face.
That down smash has insane speed and priority, don't every try
to compete with it. Dodge/Roll out of the way then punish with either F smash or fair/bair.

Peach can also "Turnup Rush" like Doc. Watch out, sometimes she'll pull out the Grandpa veggie that does like 36% per hit, or even a bob-omb, or a beam sword >_<. Like Samus, it is best to rack up damage and either go for a vertical kill or an all out kill. Beware taking her on in the air, because most of her moves (especially the nair) have disturbing priority.

She's probably gonna come after you with an aerial, and if you sheild, she'll dair (which will eat your sheild) into a down smash which will hurt. She can immediately down smash out of any aerial except her fair.

One advantage that you have is that Peach's physics are almost exactly like yours; however, not many people have played Zelda, so you'll know how she moves, and she might not know how you move. You can totally out range her in the air, your main problem is dealing with her absurd priority. If she comes in for an aerial, try
rolling back, then superwavedashing forward into an fsmash or into a rising fair. Since Zelda moves her lower body back wards for the fsmash and the fair keeps you off the ground, you'll hopefully avoid the downsmash.

Your kicks take out her main advantage of superb recovery, so you can get low percent kills; reflect turnips back in close quarters, and keep her on the defensive.

Cort

Apple Head
Peach vs Zelda is an easy matchup, IMO. You can just wait for the Zelda to approach and shield their stupid fair (what other move would they do? Oh yeah.. bair.) And jump out of your shield with a nair, or shield grab.

As long as you space yourself from the Zelda with fairs, turnips, etc, they really can't do much to you. Don't float in the air too long cause it's just asking to be heeled in the groin.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Thanks yang, and yes im talking about KO. I wasnt planning on changing characters, but your strategy sounds good, except when he Lcancels his foot, its hard to shield grab him, and I can grab to nair the whole game ftw. And Yes I actually saw KO beat Lances Peach, but im not sure if it is a common thing. and i havent seen lance to ask him yet.

Thanks cort, Ill try that next time.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Honestly, this matchup can be hard without experience. Charging in like a whirling dancer of death is just going to get you killed in this match. Against Zelda, Peach has to be careful and set up her own traps to guarantee hits. If he keeps reflecting turnips, purposefully throw one from the ground and come in from the air, or vice-versa, to punish the lag. And Zelda's weakest area is when you're directly above or below her. Her moves are just too slow or weak to do much about it, so try to set her up that way.

That's pretty much the jist. She has the same physics as Peach, so they move similarly, though Peach is faster. Keep abusing the bad shield, too, if you can, since her feet are regularly exposed if you can hit it(though her down smash is actually faster, so don't expect to win a battle against her there).

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
If you're the agressive type that justs wants to float in and throw a fair, just float towards Zelda, then float out of lightning kick range, watch out for DJ jump 2nd lightning kick she'll try to catch u with that s*** then punish accordingly.

When dthrown DI away from her back. She shouldn't use the reflector 'gainst your turnips cause the move is laggy, if the Zelda player uses it, bait that thing.

Watch out for Zelda's most dangerous move: Down+B

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
dash attack her and then get under her and **** her.

combo like it's a peach ditto

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the help guys.

He really does reflect all the turnips, but ill punish him for it now.

Thank god he doesnt play sheik, that would just add another dimension. I will let you guys know how it goes once i go to another INNsomnia Biweekly.

anymore advice?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
That was not called for. Everyone was a noob once. And I'm sure you're not perfect yourself, or else you'd be winning tournaments rather than making useless posts like that to someone who is just trying to get better.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the backup Rapid, but im actually not a noob and i own that aaronsedge guy. I can l-cancel and wavedash quite well and I dont do bad in tournements. Im just a noob when i comes to zelda. I can beat some really good fox's, but im just not experienced when it comes to zelda.

I guess what i need to do is just get some practice in agianst a decent zelda.

darkatma

Smash Hero
haha uh..
Everything's been said. I'm a zelda player, and the thing about using peach against zelda is..you need to be patient.

-If the zelda cant catch turnips, then fake turnip throws and then go in with an aerial. reflecting turnips with nayru's love is terrible, because it leaves the zelda open for.. oh i'll look up the frames later.
-approach with a turnip, but dont float in. Dont use laggy attacks if zelda is sheilding, because really that's a free bair or fair out of shield for the zelda.
-grab a lot.
-example of a simple simple mindgame: jump in with a turnip as if you're gonna throw it at him, then throw it backwards with C-stick instead and float into a bair.
come up with your own for the best results.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Basically, camp like a *****. =) Sounds simple, but is more effective than you'd think. Peach herself dies to camping, and the other princess in pink isn't much different. If you've been approaching, try playing defensively. Wait for their approach and exploit openings accordingly.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
This may seem obvious or stupid, but I suggest using toad every now and again if a zelda (or anyone) is pressuring you with l-canceled aerials. Otherwise, I would just try and sheild grab her after that f-air or bair takes a huge chunk out of my sheild.

And, when you say your opponent l-canels the move to quickly to grab, are they close to you when they land? Maybe you should try baiting the aerial (sheilding of course) and then retailiating w/a down smash. I'm not an authority on playing Peach, but I main her. Hope that helps

Green_Mario

Smash Journeyman
***EDIT***
***THIS IS XIF***

Its a pretty unfair matchup... for zelda.

its basically a peach ditto where the other peach can punish you for being an idiot better.

just dont rush her like a moron, space out and throw turnips. If she's honestly using nayru's love to reflect your turnip abuse it, it has so much wind up and lag you can have it reflected and still fair or nair or bair or anything you want. You just have to think.

at least thats what i did to beat gawes... and he's pretty good with zelda. >_>

Tin

Smash Journeyman
JUST DONT GET HIT BY THE KICKS.

Wavedash, dashdance, move around, just keep moving, constantly be moving while mindgaming your hits in. Do you know how hard it is to sweetspot with Zelda using the laggy Fairs/Bairs while your opponent is just flitting around?

Just trying moving around ALOT. Also like someone said earlier, dont float for too long. JUST DO NOT STAY IN ONE PLACE. Move around even if you dont need to and dont get hit by the kicks.

Sounds like a stupid advice but I think it works.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
I tried it agianst some really good players and I got owned. I can beat their space animals, or do really well agianst them, but not agianst their Zelda.

You cant downsmash because its and automatic toe to the face. If you float cancel, auto toe, and cant risk dash attackting too much cause her grab to dthrow equals toe. I just have a really hard time and I still need advice.

Also when she comes in with a fair or bair, I cant sheild grab because of his spacing. Im talking about some smart Zelda players that are ranked in our power rankings.

No shield grabs, no float canceling, no downsmash = no win for peach. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

darkatma

Smash Hero
I tried it agianst some really good players and I got owned. I can beat their space animals, or do really well agianst them, but not agianst their Zelda.

You cant downsmash because its and automatic toe to the face. If you float cancel, auto toe, and cant risk dash attackting too much cause her grab to dthrow equals toe. I just have a really hard time and I still need advice.

hmm.. okay

downsmash should be used sparingly because zelda likes keeping in the air.

as for float cancel, DONT float in in from far away. and if you're worried about fair and bair, use quick moves such as nair and bair, not Fair. fair is a bit slow against zelda, unless you know when to use it.

Now about the dash attack, you CAN dash attack. Mostly try to do it from behind, but even if you get grabbed and dthrowed, no biggie, because if you DI away, you won't ever get hit with a bair or fair.

And yea.. smart zeldas might be hard to play, but smart peaches should beat them. Don't shield grab spaced fairs and bairs. You can nair then out of it though.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Darkatma, I think im starting to realize how important it is to learn how to play each character with peach. you really cant just learn a strategy and play agianst anyone like say shiek or falco.

Top Bottom