• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
A 50/50 tech chase is no joke Steve. Ganon is legit.

Bowser is more of a fraud, but you're ignoring the development of bowser players at the same time. Utilizing the super armor to it's fullest extent is going to be really good. Dash attack has SA on like the 2nd frame or something crazy like that, meaning bowser can make reads no other character can.

Stevo

Smash Champion
just don't tech it. Get hit by his dtilt or let them guess 50/50 with forward-b and miss you. It's 0/0 if they can't grab you.

(it can't grab you from the ground, can it?)

:phone:

I guess they might start waiting then, but then you could start immediate teching. Still doesn't seem like 50/50 to me.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Not teching it doesn't change anything... which is kind of my point. If you tech in place, no tech, tech roll forward, downB will hit you. If you tech roll behind ganon can sideB you again. That's the 50/50 I am talking about. If you think DI'ing behind + no tech is a way out, you're kind of right, but you CAN sideB tech chase on reaction, so ganon doesn't need to guess at all.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Not teching it doesn't change anything... which is kind of my point. If you tech in place, no tech, tech roll forward, downB will hit you. If you tech roll behind ganon can sideB you again. That's the 50/50 I am talking about. If you think DI'ing behind + no tech is a way out, you're kind of right, but you CAN sideB tech chase on reaction, so ganon doesn't need to guess at all.
oh I see, I thought you meant a 50/50 guess type thing.

if you can do it on reaction, then that sounds more legit.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well yeah it's like sheik tech chase in melee. It's hard to keep up doing it consistently, but if you're up to it, ganon's sideB turns into a really powerful grab.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I do like that if you miss it towards a ledge you just end up grabbing the ledge (somewhat safe)
also, towards the ledge gives them less options if they are between the ledge and you.

I'll have to try it more. Still seems like you can pick a good character and just not get hit by it though.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Lol I actually did that yesterday in the FGCC random P:M bracket with Ike. I also did downthrow up smash lol..
Wtf
Fing fox mains with their running usmash

I remeber doing dtilt usmash the first time at home after playing with him a bit and watching streams
It was at that moment when I finally deemed ike op

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Side B is really useful since you can JC it. And apparently since he doesn't go hapless you can walljump from sideb lolol

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Do you guys think it'd be worth it to test out one of these pocket camcorders?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830144450

It's way cheaper than an actual camcorder but there's nothing to keep it stable lol
This is coming from someone who took commtech in high school, a class in photography and video editing/taking

Those things are awesome. I remember using a pocket Kodak one and it shot at 60 fps, and it was so clear, you could see every single hair come up from my head when I jumped in slow motion

And they're much cheaper as well

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I'd avoid that specific one if I were you though. I don't recall those ones being very good.

But yeah, pocket cams are great, don't expect anything better than cam quality footage though, HD or not, sound is still the biggest issue, and I don't need peoples heads for game footage, it's better for real life and hilarious antics.

I'll be bringing my camcorder to the tournament on the 24th I'm almost certain

edit: One of the Mino's minis is literally the most amazing camera ever, and the other one is ****. Thats my professional opinion.

Editedit: Also goPros are the ****ing ****, not great for us, but they are fantastic.

Edit3: also whats that new thing.... gimme a sec

brningpyre

Smash Lord

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
This thursday is a meet-up for friendlies at FGCC at UofC and this coming saturday is the SmashLogic/FGCC Tournament that you MUST attend bro.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I demand more project M. Especially wanna do PM doubles.

I'm gonna smack down that invincible Ganon just you guys wait. #peopleschamp

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's partially the fault of the commentators though. Some of the matches weren't as bad as they were making it out to be.

But yeah, it was disappointing regardless.

I wish I knew for sure how DJ Nintendo does Bowser fortress to the ledge, cause I'm wondering if he does it the same way I do it, or if there is a better way.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
I didn t get why they openly declared they were splitting :/

Yoyoyoyo edmonton who's all coming this saturday for the tourney!?!?

Taste

Smash Apprentice
are like the 5 min button checks normal? Super annoying.

Edmonton, if you're going to come post so we can sort out details.

Top Bottom