• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I thought that was Paul or David (Dragonz) lol

I need to meet this guy

these people all live in Edmonton right

btw is it wrong to like Fox's f-air
i never teamed with paul or david in any tourney lol.

and yes, all edmonton

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Just gave Project M another try. It still feels wack as hell, I don't think they should ever call it Melee 2.0, it feels like a seperate game

and it seems like it's targeted more towards Brawl and Brawl+ players, not Melee people :-/, especially with Fox and stuff being noobed down

EDIT: Just watched the vids of BOOM vs ISAI

Dan 4 best overall smasher in the world

Crusayer

Smash Lord
How was fox noobed down?

Everything was ported directly from melee. There's just a 1 frame lag on movement and SHing is easier I've heard.

Stevo

Smash Champion
if I ever decide to play PM again, I'll probs use a non-melee character so that my Melee doesn't get messed up

:phone:
Personally, I've played Melee too long to ever get my timing really messed up.
Worst case scenario I just need to warm up for a couple matches. I also don't really play space animals, so that probably has something to do with it.

I think the timing is only off by a frame or two in Project M. I think the rest that throws you off would probably be the graphics and visual cues I'm guessing. It's boatloads better than the first release they did as far as melee comparison

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i dont mind hosting, but i only got 1 tv and im pretty far south for a lot of people.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Looks like IGN is a big fan of Project M

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223403p1.html

I'm glad it's better than the last release. I'm really excited to try it out for myself. I've heard from friends that its pretty damn close, which is honestly good enough for me.

And considering how much they've improved, and how they can continue to polish it up in the future, it's really exciting.

Also, dat wolf.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I played it today. Falco feels really close to identical, at least for my style of falco. Fox seems a tiny bit off, and falcon seems slower.

It's a great game, but I just can never see myself playing it just like melee simply because it doesn't look like melee. I am always constantly thinking it's brawl so I am never trying to wavedash and lcancel. Maybe if I play it a ton I'll get used to it.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I played it today. Falco feels really close to identical, at least for my style of falco. Fox seems a tiny bit off, and falcon seems slower.

It's a great game, but I just can never see myself playing it just like melee simply because it doesn't look like melee. I am always constantly thinking it's brawl so I am never trying to wavedash and lcancel. Maybe if I play it a ton I'll get used to it.
I think it's cause we all think every character we play is off cause we know the feeling the most.

For me Falco seems more off than Fox

And what I meant by noob Fox was making him easier to control with his SH being super easy now, it doesn't feel like Melee Fox anymore

My two biggest complaints right now are
1. Air dodging seems off, or the look of it, or the size of chars/platforms or something. I can't waveland properly a lot of the time, it seems I always airdodge through the platform.
2. Wavedashing for Falco seems slower

I think I will play single player adventure and stuff with it, but play Melee still against other people

Crusayer

Smash Lord
If you're playing the game for your own satisfaction for tech skill, then yeah, just stick with melee.

Other people that want to play with the new stages, new characters, and etc would love PM. I'm personally really looking forward to playing with Lucario.

And if you guys are really that concerned about the graphics, there are mods out there that change the models to more melee (along with the SFX). They just didn't include it in the main installation since it would require a loader and not everyone has a modded wii.

The 1 frame lag is pretty big in terms of feel. You'll get used to it.

I also thought you're past the stage of "I can SH consistently with fox now!" in terms of tech skill arthur lol. Dunno why you're really complaining about it being easier if you could always do it? It seemed like you were pretty technically sound last time I saw you play.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I wasn't a huge fan of lucario's feel. D3 was really interesting to use in a melee setting, and the changes to lucas are pretty hilarious. Comboing into his beast usmash is ********.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Played a bit more. So much stuff seems off

But yeah Fox feels off now too, and the timing for everything seems different, especially wavelanding

For some reason I shine land a lot when I don't want to and also anything OoS just feels terrible

Also it seems like when I shine on a platform I never use my double jump, as in like fall through shine then double jump

sometimes I want to do it

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Wavedash OoS doesn't work properly since L, R, and Z are all considered one button. So if you're shielding with R and then jump and airdodge with L while holding R, it won't work since the game thinks you're still holding one of the buttons and the airdodge won't come out.

Landing detection is currently set at a later time than before (used to land at feet) but they can't make it dynamic like melee's yet iirc. It's better than before but not perfect.

Stevo

Smash Champion
When I play Project M I play the melee characters the same way I would in melee.
For example, I have a hard time using DK's dash attack. I forget that I can do that now.

I think it would just take some getting used to.

I, for one, am at least convinced that Project M will be really fun. May not replace melee, but will be fun.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I played the leak version online with some random Brawl+ player in the states

Lag was pretty much unplayable for spacie tech skill

That Brawl+ guy was so convinced it would replace Melee

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I'll talk the the person who books rooms this week. I'd like to run monthlys.

pk thunder jacket huh, news to me

Top Bottom