• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
Hello Everyone,

I've got a few important messages to say, but, for the sake of brevity, it would sum up into, 'I'm the Captain.'

Eggz

Smash Hero
I keep getting adds from alaskan people on myspace. >_>;

Horay for alaska. But I don't think any of them are Captain Alaska or Lunaris. >=[

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
hello kin welcome back still playing the doc i hope.
well that doesn't matter. LUCAS is in brawl. It doesn't
matter that you may not know who LUCAS is. He's
from the MOTHER series. That should say enough yah?
ONE HANDED FORWARD AERIAL. that's like Blood
HAWK doing the "Knee" with just ONE FINGER. Except
more powerful because LUCAS is psychic and in the
MOTHER series.

how is life going sir is dimond still alright
Is EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?

*edit*
where the devil are the LUCAS avatars.
or ice climbers
*edit*
sonic or something as secondary. or everbody.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
So I just pre ordered brawl at gamestop the other day.. and I was thinking some of us could get together and have a launch party on dec. 4th. (comes a day later for alaska) T_T.. anyways im skipping school for it, so if anyone wants to do something, let me know because I would totally be down for that.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
So I just pre ordered brawl at gamestop the other day.. and I was thinking some of us could get together and have a launch party on dec. 4th. (comes a day later for alaska) T_T.. anyways im skipping school for it, so if anyone wants to do something, let me know because I would totally be down for that.
Yo Alaska! =w=

Is Brawl still gonna be released in Dec.? According to Smash Dojo, it got pushed back again? T_T

Oops nvm. Just found this.

"Brawl will be released in Japan on January 24, 2008; the American release date of December 3, 2007 still holds."

http://www.thewiire.com/news/998/1/Updates_on_Wii_Software_Hardware_Downloads

Dunno wether this is reliable but it's something.

Lunaris

Smash Ace

Darkmusician

Smash Master
doesn't seem like it.

iirc they had the release date listed there before. the fact that they dont suggests that it is likely to change.

surprising that they would forsake the holiday sales, though.
*nods* that's very true. If they took it off the dojo it's more than likely the date will NOT stand as previously promised. Oh well we've been waiting almost a year and a half since the first trailer...what's another couple of months? lolz

And ya, Dec is primetime for sales. If memory serves me right the wii came out around that time as well? Not to mention I would've had all winter break to tweak on dis. =w=

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
*nods* that's very true. If they took it off the dojo it's more than likely the date will NOT stand as previously promised. Oh well we've been waiting almost a year and a half since the first trailer...what's another couple of months? lolz

And ya, Dec is primetime for sales. If memory serves me right the wii came out around that time as well? Not to mention I would've had all winter break to tweak on dis. =w=
It says TBD as well, so the date may stay the same. However, they cannot afford to miss christmas. Wii came out on November 19th, nearly december. It's likely that Sonic may be the reason for this reconsideration of the date.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
It says TBD as well, so the date may stay the same. However, they cannot afford to miss christmas. Wii came out on November 19th, nearly december. It's likely that Sonic may be the reason for this reconsideration of the date.
I agree with the fact that missing the Christmas rush would be financially unadvisable, but if its to make the game better without pushing the release date back too far, I'm sure fans and the development team could agree on a 2-3 month extension.
However I disagree on your opinion on the date staying the same if the release date had been set to TBD. Why would they rename the date if its already been confirmed for that date? Of course its possible, but judging Nintendo's reliablity and how realistic those odds are, I'd say its not even worth mentioning.
One last thing Xanskarr, could you tell me how Sonic could be the reason they reconsidered the date? I'd assume general development of the game would be a much more plausible reason. Thanks.

Those videos are on ign as well, along with all the other videos and footage of the new Samus Aran map, Norfair. It looks alot like previous Samus maps. Platforms, lava, dark ground.

doesn't seem like it.

iirc they had the release date listed there before. the fact that they dont suggests that it is likely to change.

surprising that they would forsake the holiday sales, though.
I find it more surprising that a mere company such as Nintendo would forsake an honorary occassion such as the Lord's day of birth. Thats just sick.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
thank you
you kind man Xanskarr. I might've gone my whole
life without knowing about this had you not told me.
It could be a horrible prank that is taking adavantage
of my love of mother, but i think you are incapable of
such a mean-spirited thing.

everybody, we must create a clan in this mother thing.
do it for buzzbuzz

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Nintendo said themselves that Sonic wasn't confirmed a while back, they didn't know if they were allowed to use him due to copywrights. They may be putting him in the game now is what I was going to suggest, but I saw those videos of him after I posted that. So disregard my statement about Sonic.

hmmm..new release date..feb 10th..figures..BUT HEY! 2 days after my birthday! looks like im geting a free copy of brawl. =D

...i smell a birthday brawl party...
You might want a Wii first.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
thank you
you kind man Xanskarr. I might've gone my whole
life without knowing about this had you not told me.
It could be a horrible prank that is taking adavantage
of my love of mother, but i think you are incapable of
such a mean-spirited thing.

everybody, we must create a clan in this mother thing.
do it for buzzbuzz
count me in

Top Bottom