• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Cosplays are nice, the panels are nice (Unless you go to Cosplay After Dark, I still regret it to this day) the hotel is nice, the smash events are stacked because GA's best tend to be there. I mean AWA is just the full package.

Edit: Josh you're a ****ing troll, change your Bham brawl characters.

Last edited:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Cosplays are nice, the panels are nice (Unless you go to Cosplay After Dark, I still regret it to this day) the hotel is nice, the smash events are stacked because GA's best tend to be there. I mean AWA is just the full package.

Edit: Josh you're a ****ing troll, change your Bham brawl characters.
: )
You don't know who I used. You weren't there

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Special thanks to all the Melee, PM, and Smash 4 boys who came out to BIO 11: Who Turned Out the Lights???

Anime

Smash Journeyman
The threat of the power randomly going out added a nice bit of tension to the games.

Mummy Man

Smash Rookie
I seriously thing Alabama power ranking should be separate between the North and South.
I feel this line of thinking but personally i think it would be a bad idea because it would just solidify the split in an already pretty deeply divided scene. That and then there's gonna be like 3 people on each pr list.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Other than joot and moogle you have no else melee wise. Quit acting like y'all are the whole scene. But some of y'all north Al folks always acted like that. Were good better than you think
That wasn't meant 4 u child star, my bad.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
We
You guys already made a melee PR for Mobile though?
We did. But y'all is called THE Alabama power rankings. When its just y'all up there. And we know thats not the case. North Alabama power ranking is a better fit. But I don't run the show

Child Star

Smash Ace
Zylo and Zoma look pretty qt in melee, idk how they MU against the rest of AL, and that was the point of seperating the PRs. There isnt enough hard data to make a agreeable list. Just a lot of guessing based on feelings.

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
All I have to say on the subject is that if our fourth on the Mobile PR can come to BIO and get third AND beat ranked players, then you guys aren't qualified to represent the entire state. I got seventh at BIO and beat essentially the third ranked player on the PR since Russ left (sorry Alex) and also took Zoma to game three last stock, and I'm sixth on Mobile's PR.
That being said, you guys are cool dudes, and I plan to keep coming up there. I think that until we get consistent travel back and forth, a North and South PR is pretty agreeable. Not Alabama and Mobile, because if it's done like that, one assumes that one city is on par with the rest of the state, and if BIO is any indication, we are. My plan is to get travel going enough to actually unite this damn state. Granted, we'll never go to Huntsville, but expect more from us in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Alright, so here's my input on it. Personally, yes, the PR business kinda makes me irritated a bit, but I don't completely blame you guys at all. No, we haven't come up before and Tuscaloosa's come down for like two HPs before. What really irritates me a lot is North AL thinking all of South AL's bad. I have nothing against anyone I played at BIO last night, and it was a lot of fun, but if anything, I think we proved at least this one instance that we do not suck. There may be less of is down here, but out best players are not bad. I plan on coming up a lot more for BIO and Bham Brawl because it seems like a lot of fun. I can understand regional pride, but (not saying anyone has done it here) just taking a big fat **** on someone's region because your region's better isn't cool. I'm sure I'm not the first to say that in an ideal world, I want us to be known as "Alabama" and not "North AL and South AL".

Edit: And by "North AL", I mean anywhere that's basically above Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and above.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Things I've noticed that are interesting
1. Mobile already has their own PR
2. Mobile wants a specially made South Alabama PR
3. The only city in "South Alabama" is Mobile
4. The "North Alabama" PR is every city but one
5. No one outside of AL really gives a ****
6. Mobile is making impressive strides for a new double posting record

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
All I have to say on the subject is that if our fourth on the Mobile PR can come to BIO and get third AND beat ranked players, then you guys aren't qualified to represent the entire state. I got seventh at BIO and beat essentially the third ranked player on the PR since Russ left (sorry Alex) and also took Zoma to game three last stock, and I'm sixth on Mobile's PR.
That being said, you guys are cool dudes, and I plan to keep coming up there. I think that until we get consistent travel back and forth, a North and South PR is pretty agreeable. Not Alabama and Mobile, because if it's done like that, one assumes that one city is on par with the rest of the state, and if BIO is any indication, we are. My plan is to get travel going enough to actually unite this damn state. Granted, we'll never go to Huntsville, but expect more from us in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham.
I could hardly stand up and nearly threw up at least 4 times during the set. Can't wait for the rematch.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
You're right I don't play Melee. You would beat the brakes off of me. But that doesn't change the fact that Alabama isn't good enough to have 2 PRs. And I doubt y'all have enough people to run out all 10 spots. So what we need to do is give valid evidence that y'all are better than the players on the PR now. I'm sure that'll be easy enough

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
I know this is completely off topic but does Auburn still do Smash 4 monthlies? I'm struggling to find a page for it and I'm heading down there this weekend.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
@ Anime: yea we have our own PR, but so what. We have just as much right to call ours THE Alabama PR, just because y'all don't come down here and vice-versa. But Ima start coming up there.

@ Maghtinoc(I know I spelled it wrong) But other that joot and moogle what proof y'all have y'all good. You Northern Al(not all) players have this arrogance about y'all, and the thing is y'all ain't did ****. I had to go thru the same "prove your self ****" with brawl. They came to Mobile and I got on the PR immediately and became 3rd in the state behind reflex and billy. I thought y'all changed up there. But I guess y'all haven't. We don't have to prove absolutely, positively **** to y'all. Y'all been the same ****ing way since I picked up the stick and that was almost 10 ago. And its a damn shame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom