• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Ark5712

Smash Cadet
I know this is completely off topic but does Auburn still do Smash 4 monthlies? I'm struggling to find a page for it and I'm heading down there this weekend.
I wasn't aware we had any Sm4sh monthlies besides a ****ty one at Hastings every month. I haven't heard anything about one this month besides our biweeklies that just started, and we didn't even have sm4sh at the first one iirc.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Jeez, if you're gonna get butthurt about a PR based on the personal opinions of (mostly) ttown, feel free. I personally think running an ELO rankings would solve many of these problems. Speaking of which, I have updated my ELO with results from Birmingham Brawl and BIO!
In order to be qualified you must have played 6 games in bracket.

1. Ark - 1086
2. Ninkendo64 - 1081
3. Crimsonsun88 - 1063
4. Zoma - 1050
5. Power - 1045
6. Moogle - 1043
7. Gigachicken - 1042
8. Spade - 1037
10. Anime - 1033
10. Princess Bumblebee - 1033

If you guys in Mobile want it, I can add this month's Hidden Power PM results to this ELO.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
@ Anime: yea we have our own PR, but so what. We have just as much right to call ours THE Alabama PR, just because y'all don't come down here and vice-versa. But Ima start coming up there.
Same rights in everything except for number of large cities involved (1 vs the rest). But seriously a large tournament needs to happen in Montgomery or something. I want to play Mobile people.

Edit:
I know this is completely off topic but does Auburn still do Smash 4 monthlies? I'm struggling to find a page for it and I'm heading down there this weekend.
We are starting up a new monthly series, with smash 4 included.
https://www.facebook.com/events/906107842836025/

Last edited:

Child Star

Smash Ace
Jeez, if you're gonna get butthurt about a PR based on the personal opinions of (mostly) ttown, feel free. I personally think running an ELO rankings would solve many of these problems. Speaking of which, I have updated my ELO with results from Birmingham Brawl and BIO!

1. Ark - 1086
2. Ninkendo64 - 1081
3. Crimsonsun88 - 1063
4. Zoma - 1050
5. Power - 1045
6. Moogle - 1043
7. Gigachicken - 1042
8. Spade - 1037
10. Anime - 1033

If you guys in Mobile want it, I can add this month's Hidden Power PM results to this ELO.
GET THIS **** OUTTA HERE

powergamer

Smash Apprentice

1. Ark - 1086
2. Ninkendo64 - 1081
3. Crimsonsun88 - 1063
4. Zoma - 1050
5. Power - 1045
6. Moogle - 1043
7. Gigachicken - 1042
8. Spade - 1037
10. Anime - 1033

Could you not please

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
@ Anime: yea we have our own PR, but so what. We have just as much right to call ours THE Alabama PR, just because y'all don't come down here and vice-versa. But Ima start coming up there.

@ Maghtinoc(I know I spelled it wrong) But other that joot and moogle what proof y'all have y'all good. You Northern Al(not all) players have this arrogance about y'all, and the thing is y'all ain't did ****. I had to go thru the same "prove your self ****" with brawl. They came to Mobile and I got on the PR immediately and became 3rd in the state behind reflex and billy. I thought y'all changed up there. But I guess y'all haven't. We don't have to prove absolutely, positively **** to y'all. Y'all been the same ****ing way since I picked up the stick and that was almost 10 ago. And its a damn shame.
I don't think it's people thinking you guys don't deserve to be on the pr as much as people not being able to accurately place you guys on the pr cause we don't play each other enough.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I don't know why you're trying to call me out. You must have forgotten to take your medicine when you woke up this morning.

But proving you're better doesn't mean driving 7 hours through bum**** Alabama. You could just provide some evidence like oh x went here and beat y badly. But Z is also leagues better than them. You could also try and getting a neutral 3rd party on the PR committee and having them vouch that the person is good enough to be at this spot. But coming in here and pretending like you're crazy and caking me out and misspelling my name isn't gonna fix anything.

And when I say we aren't skilled enough to have 2 PRs I say it for the entire state of Alabama. The entire PR could be Mobile and if still say North AL doesn't need its own PR.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
At this point, I don't even care about a PR anymore. I just don't want to be slept on because we don't get any attention. Yes, I understand none of Mobile went to Bham Brawl. And the reason for Mobile's PR is because HP, that I am aware, is the largest tournament series in this area. Once again, in an ideal world, I personally would like for us to just be "Alabama".

Anime

Smash Journeyman
You know, you guys can hang out in this thread anytime, instead of showing up all at once to **** talk.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah south Alabama players that see this I have a question. Is hidden power better to go to during the school year or during the summer, or should I just go to an l cancel your plans over the summer? I'm looking to head down there at some point or another and need to know when the best time to go down would be.

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
also took Zoma to game three last stock, and I'm sixth on Mobile's PR.
Fox first game.
Also, four stocks left against the #4 in Mobile.
I don't have a stake in any of this, but using me as an example for why Mobile did well is disingenuous.

Last edited:

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I don't even care about a PR anymore. I just don't want to be slept on because we don't get any attention. Yes, I understand none of Mobile went to Bham Brawl. And the reason for Mobile's PR is because HP, that I am aware, is the largest tournament series in this area. Once again, in an ideal world, I personally would like for us to just be "Alabama".
I doubt anyone who's opinion matters thinks all of you are bad (or even most of you).
Wheres that Child Star PR? @Dron

Here you go my dude

@ragnarock We get it, you're a good player. But spelling people's names wrong and generally making an ass of yourself isn't helping anything. We're not going to label 85% of the state's player as "North Alabama" because you're acting like a child.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Zoma Zoma I knew I wasn't gonna win that game on Yoshi's, but I didn't expect to get 4-stocked lol. You're much better than me, but I'm confident I can beat you. Won't be easy my though. Looking forward to out next set dude.

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
All I know is that the one tournament Mobile came to the power went out. The name of their tournaments? Hidden Power. Coincidence? You decide....

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'm officially done with this thread. None of you nerds talk to me this week. I'm literally going to punch all 3 of you if you talk to me

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
I have a Balls2Walls PR

1. Balls2Walls - 9000+
2. Balls2Walls - 9000+
3. Balls2Walls - 9000+
4. Balls2Walls - 9000+
5. Balls2Walls - 9000+
6. Balls2Walls - 9000+
7. Balls2Walls - 9000+