• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Since Houston is hosting the next HOBO as a Metaknight-banned tournament, I was wondering if at one of Alabama's next (say, not the upcoming TCS, but maybe TCS6), we could try a Meta-banned as well? I know Alabama's done a lot to mix things up in the past (low-tier tournament, random tournament, etc.), and I think it'd be neat to experiment (as Houston is doing) with one or two tournaments without the caped avenger. I know there are a few Meta-mains in Alabama, and I'm not trying to alienate them, but I think it'd be fun to try it once or twice. Just an idea from a lurker :)

&& If my main could be changed to Diddy AND Wolf, I'd appreciate it. I fallen in love with my old main again <3
My palm. It is hitting my face.

There are two. Metaknight is not a presence in Alabama beyond two people.

Sorry to hear that, Moogle. That really sucks. This has been a bad week for everyone I guess. But a trashed car doesn't compare to the loss of a loved one. I'm sorry for your loss, you'll be in my prayers.

I was really looking forward to this weekend too; I have no partner for doubles for the most terrible of reasons. I'm wondering if I should show up at 11 at all now.

Winnar

Smash Lord
>_< I totally couldn't sleep at all last night.

It's so weird that I pretty much didn't care at all about how I'm going to do today until LAST NIGHT 11 O CLOCK WHEN I REALIZE THERE IS NO WAY I'M SLEEPING VERY WELL. AAAAAAAGH

Oh well who needs sleep when I've got pure adrenaline coursing through me.

Also geez tough week all around, eh?

Good luck at the funeral Moogle :\

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Had the best time.
Thanks for making me feel welcome Mahg, Winnar, SLAM, elev8 (especially for putting up with my garbage team skills), Duchock, Nu, basically everyone that was there.

Hope to be coming to more tournies.

@Mahg "USE UP-B!!" "Why?" "ITS A GOOD MOVE!!"

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Great tourney but i was bored by the time pools started. NP Xee. Anyways, i forced myself to 2-0 everyone in pools. I was nearly sandbagging and halfway forcing myself to win. I went and ate after pools, and was still bored as hell until the falcon challenge. I had a good match with Cheap during the actual bracket, lost to George, and then realized how bored/late it was and decided to give little effort. I was going to play as long as i could sandbagging it.

Reflex, Platinum FC, nao

PS: I might have to kick elev8's ***. I think this money he gave me from our money match is fake.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Daaang, forgot about that super guy, haha.

I didn't even know POTEM was Will_
I also noticed how you guys asked each other for help, that surprised me.
I would be too embarassed to do that.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i had to dip out early. good tourney tho.

and PR panelists can start thinking about their updated lists now. i want to get it updated now that we've had a few tourneys

oh and I don't think danGR wants to be on the list anymore so leave him out

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
How do we go about changing the Plist, is this going to be a voted on thing or what.
well, the panel as of last time is me, george, moogle, and munkus
and we each make our list and the lists are averaged together.

But I like the idea of the community chipping in

so I'll accept lists from anyone, but the rule is you have to be someone that regularly attends AL tournaments and someone who is halfway decent at this game or at least knowledgable about how its supposed to be played.

So anyone who feels like they should have a voice in this, make a list of your top ten most skilled AL players and PM it to me. (to prevent influencing other peoples list) the list must have ten people on it, not five, not eight, but ten. you're allowed to list yourself, but don't get carried away

and try to give it some thought
last time we all kind of threw lists together, which were fairly accurate but still i'd like to see some thought put into it this time.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
M3t was a sub par GnW. You can say he beat me but I wasn't really playing. I was tired and bored of brawl and I'm only 16 and am nervous about driving home on the interstate that late at night by myself.

Winnar

Smash Lord
M3t was a sub par GnW. You can say he beat me but I wasn't really playing. I was tired and bored of brawl and I'm only 16 and am nervous about driving home on the interstate that late at night by myself.
Wah wah wah john moar plz

XD Don't be such a downer.

Also I'm totally making a list for the AL PR hehe I'll try to remember I'm not actually an AL smasher and won't put my name on the list :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
In winner's bracket, M3T beat my Fox game 2 in our set... then I picked Snake game 3 and won (2 stock?). I know... I was an impure Fox this tournament. >_<
'saright; nothing wrong with switching if you feel it's necessary. We're not looking down on you, even if we are now saying mean things behind your back.

<3

Just don't do it too often; I used to have serious issues with confidence in my characters because of it.

In other news, I have a purple name now. I can feel the power.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Smash Back Room-Brawl member. I get to talk with other really good people in a special sub-forum...and I can vote on the next tier list this summer. :D
:( You'll be the only person voting to put PT up in the list, but you have my support :D

Also guys I think I might find a new main...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
:( You'll be the only person voting to put PT up in the list, but you have my support :D

Also guys I think I might find a new main...
Well, if I'm lucky, my tournament results will help get a few people to support the notion, as well.

Also, any specific reason you might find a new main?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Moogle says I should try Pit

Basically I want to main MK but I don't know how to play him and I don't really want to do that anyway because he's kind of boring :(

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
so it has been decided that mentality affects my game more than actual skill, i was doing great until i made it out of pools and played kisment in some friendlies........total spirit breaker, after that i think i only won one match, the rest were self explanitory

and now it is definate that i will start going to smashfests as well as hosting my own (once i get my house cleaned up)

also, i need to find a regluar doubles partner....cam and spade's teamwork in doubles was just intimidating

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Everyone let elev8 know he gave me a fake 10. Some girl at church showed me how to check and see if it was real.

Also, we all need to share our platinum FCs

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
certain issues kinda screwed up my getting platinum so ive been reduced to shoddy but it works just as well for strategy simulation

also, i have recording of Falcon Challenge (one of me and one of shaslam)
and money matches between 3GOD and DANGR
they should be up by tonight

kismet2

Smash Ace
so it has been decided that mentality affects my game more than actual skill, i was doing great until i made it out of pools and played kisment in some friendlies........total spirit breaker, after that i think i only won one match, the rest were self explanitory

and now it is definate that i will start going to smashfests as well as hosting my own (once i get my house cleaned up)

also, i need to find a regluar doubles partner....cam and spade's teamwork in doubles was just intimidating
Lol. Btw it's kismet not kisment. >_>

Radicool

Smash Rookie
Gawd I'm bored, and I'm usually not this desparate but anyone wanna brawl online? fc is 2191-7304-4827. Just if anyone does.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Moogle says I should try Pit

Basically I want to main MK but I don't know how to play him and I don't really want to do that anyway because he's kind of boring :(
It's important to main whoever you feel the most comfortable with. And I like playing MK. :]

reimeii said:
certain issues kinda screwed up my getting platinum so ive been reduced to shoddy but it works just as well for strategy simulation
Shoddy's an upgrade if you ask me. 6 on 6 singles would take around 20 min to an hour on the DS, whereas shoddy battles are done in minutes due to a complete lack of animation. Also, shoddy makes it easier to play and communicate with the veterans of the meta since most of them play on shoddy instead of DS play(and you don't have to spend days trying to get the right nature + IV/EV spread for your whole team).

The only real disadvantage is lack of 2v2 battles.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think pit is one of the most boring characters in the game.

i played a lot of metaknight at this tournament

i'm thinking of picking up a new character too, or at least overhauling my snake.
i'm plateauing I think.

i need to play moar good people

Top Bottom