• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's definitely dying, and I don't see it coming back. The fact is that almost every new player will be a brawl player, and there is nothing you can do about that.

Limeee

Smash Champion
The tides have turned, but both would thrive much more if there wasn't so much division between the two games.

The Brawl players stepped it up to bring the community to its feet, and Brad himself has made a great effort in helping organize with Vivi (mad props, man). All the Melee community needs to do is pick things up again. Maybe it's not that simple, but it's better then giving up.

Melee's far from dead. Just took a nap, in some ways. Like with Brawl, you guys just gotta wake it up again.
That was beautiful.

You are beautiful.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
You know, untill recently (like SK5) I never realized how incredibly smart a player jack is, he's really knowledgeable, I think he's one of the top guys to ask for advice about playing when it comes to brawl.

Above Dan eve, but only because Dan doesn't even take it seriously.

:) fixed it for you(jk)
lol, for some reason most of you brawl players love me, and I don't understand why aside from the fact that I try to be nice when I'm not making fun of your game.

And I did pay, I just was trolling Colin since he's so easy.

It's definitely dying, and I don't see it coming back. The fact is that almost every new player will be a brawl player, and there is nothing you can do about that.
Pretty much the only reason anything smash related happens is cause of Vania, and you surely should know that.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
wow. I don't even know where to start.
The tides have turned, but both would thrive much more if there wasn't so much division between the two games.

The Brawl players stepped it up to bring the community to its feet, and Brad himself has made a great effort in helping organize with Vivi (mad props, man). All the Melee community needs to do is pick things up again. Maybe it's not that simple, but it's better then giving up.

Melee's far from dead. Just took a nap, in some ways. Like with Brawl, you guys just gotta wake it up again.
If by brawl players you mean Vania than yes. She's like, the Brawl community's god **** mother. If it wasn't for her and her monthlies Brawl wouldn't be as active as it is now. Now everyone is patting themselves on the back for bringing their community up to such an active level, forgetting that it was because of Vania's monthlies. Also, I recall Vania being reluctant to even host Brawl monthlies seeing as how inactive the community was. Sound familiar?

Honestly though, if you're gonna judge how active a game is by the discussions made in the regional threads then you're just silly. There's no hype for melee because there are no upcoming events, where as brawl has one every month.

Now that Brawl is all comfortable with their monthly events, they look at Melee and are like "lawl, look how inactive you guys r" forgetting that it's just because no one is willing or has the time to host. Melee isn't dieing, it's just stagnant in comparison to brawl, and this is mainly because there are no periodic events to keep it active. Even then, we have plenty of smashfests, and the latest one was big enough for a small tourney. Especially with the rumored melee monthlies, the majority of us were indeed hyped for it, but since it was scheduled for late november, of course you wouldn't see much excitement in the threads. Especially since this was announced way the heck back in early september.

Brandon is right, all we need is someone willing to host something, but apparently you want an "active" community before you host, which makes no sense at all.

/rantrantrant

Also, Colin's a great guy.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Basically melle players arn't babies. Literally.

Colin's easier to troll than Luke.

And it worked out cause I got pretty much everyone involved in low tier by changing the entire pot into loonies

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
successful low tier ownage is successful

p.s i traded loonies for low tier bills LMAO(I had 20 loonies)

get ***** low tier

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Basically melle players arn't babies. Literally.

Colin's easier to troll than Luke.

And it worked out cause I got pretty much everyone involved in low tier by changing the entire pot into loonies
hahahaha did you use that change machine down the hall xD

I like the way you think.

Frio

Smash Champion
This wouldn't have happened if people could just pay with bills. why would you save up 10 loonies to enter something :/

T-block

B2B TST
i'll correct you again...40 loonies and 8 effin' quarters

colin and i went to mcdonalds after the tournament and bought 15 dollars worth of food. it was so funny because colin's came out to 8 dollars or whatever and he just started flicking loonies at the lady onto the counter haha

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
lawl there were so many loonies in the pot cause most people couldn't give exact change and had to use the change machine. Honestly I put a 20 in and it was like winning a lsot machine jackpot. IT WAS AWESOME!. Then my wallet was like a kilogram XD ALso there was this really thirsty black guy that luke knew but I'll let him or Mark tell that story. ;)

aish

Smash Journeyman
The date is changing to Nov 28th gais, you can blame wilson for it because he's goin to calgary that weekend

He said literally to me on phone "If you push the date I swear you'll be the only one who gets to touch me"

8D!

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
WTF Dan, using asian emoticons?

And **** Luke being weeaboo.

wait, Wilson in calgary? Play melee at all?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh ****, I just realized I might not be able to come to this one O__o

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
WOOOT November 28 I can come as well. And now all yall can make it too my unlegit brawl tourney on the 21st. And you can play for 2 $25 gift certs to best BUY! Also Wilson you're my hero and that is what were going to use to change brawl monthly dates in the future.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Well I guess that with the change in days I can put more time into whatever I get for my Birthday now (and less chance of something planned at last minute interrupting).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LMFAO. k, Wilson is so god **** g. I wish he joined our community earlier XDD

There seems to be a trend between awesomeness and the Wong dynasty.

Top Bottom