• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah pirate ship is legit. I used to think it was BS, but it's not bad at all. The more stages the better, it makes cp'ing better, which is basically the best part of smash.
I honestly couldn't agree more :)
It kills me inside when people practice on neutrals and ONLY neutrals. CP stages are hella fun and should be played on MORE imo.

That being said, I'm all for PS2.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Yeah pirate ship is legit. I used to think it was BS, but it's not bad at all. The more stages the better, it makes cp'ing better, which is basically the best part of smash.

EDIT: wtf Jamie, walking chaingrab is not even close to being bannable.
doesn't d3's walking chaingrab like break several match ups?

i'm talking about only D3's lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It ***** bowser, that's about it. It makes the match-up harder, but I say just switch to another character. That's what CP's are for.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yoshi is SO GAY on Distant Planet.

The little notch underneath the left side of the central platform is PERFECT for egg camping. Normal slopes already allow Yoshi to do neat things, but the walk-off also lets him chaingrab certain characters to death. Also, if Yoshi catches you on the right side of the stage with a dTilt, you could wind up right inside the monster's mouth for a OHKO. If it was legal, I'd gladly add it to my repertoire of annoying counterpicks. =D

Edit: The best part of Brawl is winning a set due to a successful counterpick. ^.^

:005:

T-block

B2B TST
Yay PS2

I don't think you're gonna get anywhere with D3 Jamie -_- For it to be infinite D3 has to pummel in between throws, or his d-throw gets too stale. I forget the exact percent, but before like...100% or something you can break out before the d-throw since he has to pummel.

I like Pirate Ship too... the only reason to ban it is water camping (lol colin) and it's not even too big a deal. Distant Planet... eh. I guess it's all right, but I'm convinced most of the matches there will take 8 minutes.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yoshi is SO GAY on Distant Planet.

The little notch underneath the left side of the central platform is PERFECT for egg camping. Normal slopes already allow Yoshi to do neat things, but the walk-off also lets him chaingrab certain characters to death. Also, if Yoshi catches you on the right side of the stage with a dTilt, you could wind up right inside the monster's mouth for a OHKO. If it was legal, I'd gladly add it to my repertoire of annoying counterpicks. =D

Edit: The best part of Brawl is winning a set due to a successful counterpick. ^.^

lol
Sooo many characters can be gay on that stage. It promotes homosexuality.
I still love it though.

Bulborb <3

I should go D3 this tournament.
Do it, and least use him a bit. Your Dedede is legit.
I should go Ness at my next one. He's too fun.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I might just have to do it. And yeah, my D3 could probably do pretty good.

EDIT: Yeah Jake, CPing is the best thing ever, probably the only reason I manage to get second as often as I do.

T-block

B2B TST
lol iirc darren took me to distant planet once in a set jiggs vs pt. we restarted on a different stage because we both knew it was going to go to 8 minutes.

yoshi's island...i'm fine with it actually. snake is really homo on it though </3

T-block

B2B TST
no it was definitely distant planet. we went to japes after and it ended fine.

distant planet actually does have a small circle...it can be pretty tough to catch someone if your character doesn't have a projectile.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol iirc darren took me to distant planet once in a set jiggs vs pt. we restarted on a different stage because we both knew it was going to go to 8 minutes.

yoshi's island...i'm fine with it actually. snake is really homo on it though </3
xD

hahaha yeah I wasn't up for an 8 minute match that day rofl

And yeah, I was thinking how destructive Snake would be on Yoshi's (melee)

That's not Distant Planet. That's Darren's Jigglypuff. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience here.

LOL
My Jiggz actually gained some credibility from those matches for some reason xD

I haven't really used her since though. I should pick her up again.

T-block

B2B TST
presenting this week's issue of embarrassing colin story:

colin went to green hill zone and started flaunting how well he knew the stage and how we would win easily because he was employing the optimal strategy.

then his metaknight lost to ganondorf

lol

Frio

Smash Champion
- Kirby's first name was “Tinkle Popo”

I lol'd

On Topic: Christmas Special - December 19-20 MELEE + BRAWL(date may change)

Will there be Brawl Friendlies on the melee day?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
presenting this week's issue of embarrassing colin story:

colin went to green hill zone and started flaunting how well he knew the stage and how we would win easily because he was employing the optimal strategy.

then his metaknight lost to ganondorf

lol
Whos Ganon?

Also, Christmas special FTW. =D My friend's birthday is on the 20th though, so I hope that doesn't interfere too much...

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps I will make it.
YUS CHAD 2.0

I hope so - I've been awol for a few now and I need to get at least one more in....
I'm goin to be 26 in november, almost too old to be doin this stuff :)
FFFF DONT BE CHAD 1.0 NOW

Are you joking? Thats crazy..... More MKs than anyones ever seen in one place since I remember....
*shakes head in shame of alberta*
My bad, But honestly it's a lot worse everywhere else.

It ***** bowser, that's about it. It makes the match-up harder, but I say just switch to another character. That's what CP's are for.
***** DK too. Good ol' MK

Limeee

Smash Champion
Yeah it ***** DK, but DDD doesn't need to do that because he has an infinite on DK at any percentage.
taken from the OP

*No standing infinite chaingrabbing.

wouldn't that apply to D3's standing infinite? unless your talking about some other kind of infinite

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
DDD can do that awful one-step infinite luke right? Brandon showed me that ages ago.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh wow I didn't realize Vania banned that :\. But yeah D3 can do the one step grab (kinda what we were talking about lol).

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Remember when brawl rules said standing infinites only allowed to 300%

Top Bottom