• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahoy, Matey! Tetra Support Thread

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Don't we actually have proof that remakes are taken into consideration? I mean, why else do we have a Gerudo Valley stage on the 3DS?

Personally, I've always thought of Tetra as one of the more likely Zelda candidates; she's more recent than any other potential Zelda character, she's pretty important considering she's Toon Zelda, and she also complements Toon Link by giving him a partner to represent that part of the Zelda series. At this point, if we do get a Zelda newcomer, I think Tetra is pretty likely. It's really either her or Impa at this point.
Cause it's a stage and not a playable character and OoT3D came out in 2011

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Cause it's a stage and not a playable character and OoT3D came out in 2011
So, you're claim is that characters will not be made playable if they're from remakes? Can you prove that? Otherwise that claim is little more than arbitrary criteria.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Still, we have OoT content, and I think this helped a lot Sheik staying in Smash actually.
Sheik is extremely popular already and with transformations gone and zero suit samus getting her own slot it was inevitable sheik was coming back with her own slot too plus sheik is a veteran and would be much easier too make
So, you're claim is that characters will not be made playable if they're from remakes? Can you prove that? Otherwise that claim is little more than arbitrary criteria.
A character can be playable if from a remake but with tetra that isn't really the case because of the timing of WWHD's production

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sheik is extremely popular already and with transformations gone and zero suit samus getting her own slot it was inevitable sheik was coming back

No my claim is that making a stage and making a playable character are too entirely different things
People were expecting Sheik getting cut in Brawl because she wasn't relevant. People were expecting Sheik getting cut to leave her place for Impa. Also, people weren't expecting the Ice Climbers to get cut (and I still hope they are not).

Also, if the remake doesn't count bacause it's a remake / it's been released after SSB4 devellopement, we had cases of characters coming in despite not being from the "last gen". Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon (well, there was a remake of the Pokémon GEN1 after all :troll:), and Diddy Kong who shined more in the N64 era than the Gamecube era. (I do agree that Diddy is more important for his serie than Tetra is for Zelda, though)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
People were expecting Sheik getting cut in Brawl because she wasn't relevant. People were expecting Sheik getting cut to leave her place for Impa. Also, people weren't expecting the Ice Climbers to get cut (and I still hope they are not).

Also, if the remake doesn't count bacause it's a remake / it's been released after SSB4 devellopement, we had cases of characters coming in despite not being from the "last gen". Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon (well, there was a remake of the Pokémon GEN1 after all :troll:), and Diddy Kong who shined more in the N64 era than the Gamecube era. (I do agree that Diddy is more important for his serie than Tetra is for Zelda, though)
Well that's when everyone thought the zelda characters would use their skyward sword design, Impa made the most sense at the time but that obviously wasn't the case.

Remakes do count it's just the timing of the wind waker remake that's the problem. That remake started development sometime in 2013 while the roster was finalized sometime in 2012. And even if by some chance the remake had been something they were planning to do for a long time sakurai likely wouldn't have been informed about it because it's just a remake

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Still it only started development in march 2013 while I'm sure the roster was finalized sometime in 2012

Edit: Also this
“So I guess the answer to the question is that it wasn’t based on his popularity out of X and Y. The characters that we have here we decided were going to be put in the game a couple years back.”

http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-roster-greninja-details/
Well, whatever the details of Wind Waker HD are, it's not my point in advocating for Tetra.

If we do get another Zelda character in SSB4, I would rather see a second Toon character than a fifth realistic character; it seems disproportionate to me if they're going to bother representing the Toon series at all. I would also rather see a unique pirate themed character than a second Sheikah ninja.

Besides that, Tetra was already a pre-existing, known character, so the specifics in choosing Greninja aren't entirely relevant. I simply believe that Tetra matches Zelda in a way that adds something unique to the series from the Toon side

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, whatever the details of Wind Waker HD are, it's not my point in advocating for Tetra.

If we do get another Zelda character in SSB4, I would rather see a second Toon character than a fifth realistic character; it seems disproportionate to me if they're going to bother representing the Toon series at all. I would also rather see a unique pirate themed character than a second Sheikah ninja.

Besides that, Tetra was already a pre-existing, known character, so the specifics in choosing Greninja aren't entirely relevant. I simply believe that Tetra matches Zelda in a way that adds something unique to the series from the Toon side
I 100% agree with you, I just dislike the fact that people use WWHD as a reason for her to be in when it is extremely flawed. Tetra has tons of other reasons going for her though.

My personal reason is that the toon games are bigger in the series then people make them out to be with 6 of the 17 entries in the series being that style, While the realistic games take up only 3 or 4

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I 100% agree with you, I just dislike the fact that people use WWHD as a reason for her to be in when it is extremely flawed. Tetra has tons of other reasons going for her though.

My personal reason is that the toon games are bigger in the series then people make them out to be with 6 of the 17 entries in the series being that style, While the realistic games take up only 3 or 4
The rest being 2D/8-Bit/16-Bit entries?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The rest being 2D/8-Bit/16-Bit entries?
Yup

Toon
  • Wind Waker
  • Four Swords
  • Four Swords Adventures
  • The Minish Cap
  • Phantom Hourglass
  • Spirit Tracks
Realistic
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Majora's Mask
  • Twilight Princess
  • Skyward Sword
The Rest
  • Zelda 1
  • Zelda 2
  • A Link to the past
  • Link's awakening
  • Oracle of Ages
  • Oracle of Seasons
  • A link between Worlds

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Threadium Reserectium!

I made a vow that if a Mario or Zelda character got in as DLC I'd eat my socks. If it were Tetra, I'd consider that worthy price.

The Toon universe got a little short handed this Smash generation with only a Stage on the 3DS but Tetra has a lot of potential.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Threadium Reserectium!

I made a vow that if a Mario or Zelda character got in as DLC I'd eat my socks. If it were Tetra, I'd consider that worthy price.

The Toon universe got a little short handed this Smash generation with only a Stage on the 3DS but Tetra has a lot of potential.
I just really want a Zelda character right now, the series got shafted except for stages although those stages look to be ripped directly from other games anyway. Except for Sheik all the Zelda characters are garbage, I don't think there are any original trophies.

I don't care if it's tetra, Impa, vaati etc. I just want SOMETHING Zelda

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra would be acceptable if Impa couldn't make it, but I believe that Impa is currently more popular in the ballot.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I personnaly enjoy Link, Zelda and Ganondorf more than before, and they were my mains, so maybe bad tier list, competitive wise, but not "absolutely trash characters".

But yeah, I also want some Zelda. And Tetra is still the best choice IMO. If she can also bring back the Pirate Ship...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In an ideal world, I'd want both Impa and Tetra, but a certain character has made that impossible... :4sheik:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, I personnaly enjoy Link, Zelda and Ganondorf more than before, and they were my mains, so maybe bad tier list, competitive wise, but not "absolutely trash characters".

But yeah, I also want some Zelda. And Tetra is still the best choice IMO. If she can also bring back the Pirate Ship...
Link and Ganondorf are slightly better but they're still pretty bad and Zelda got nerfed in some areas and buffed in others

In an ideal world, I'd want both Impa and Tetra, but a certain character has made that impossible... :4sheik:
Seriously though, **** Sheik in this game, like why?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Link and Ganondorf are slightly better but they're still pretty bad and Zelda got nerfed in some areas and buffed in others
I don't care if they are bad. If I want to destroy things, I have to take Zelda. She is the character that my friends fear. I play her since Melee, she always been bad, and still, her SSB4 incarnation suits me the most.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's talk moveset ideas. I imagine Tetra in her Wind Waker design but she wears the Spoils Bag, Bait Bag and Delivery bag.

Her neutral special attack is Link's grappling hook which can act as a tether but it's main use is to grab "spoils from enemies". These spoils act as item projectiles by pressing the B button again and there is a randomness to them but generally the more damaged the opponent, the better the item.

Items from common to rare

* Red/Green Chu Jelly heals Tetra 1% immediately
* Joy pendants are basic projectiles. No special effects, about roughly equivelent to a capsule in damage, ect
* Golden feathers are more damaging than JPs and fly in a high but slow arc when thrown.
* Blu Chu Jelly acts like a Zamus Paralyser shot
* Bombs are basically Toon Link's bombs
* Skull Necklace bounces when thrown
* Knight's crest flies like a boomerang and doesn't disappear on impact.

Her Down B tosses bait summoning the fish man who flops about on stage to eat it, acting as a (not very damaging) trap and projectile sponge

Tetra makes use of Windfall Island decorations in some of her Standard attacks.

What do you think?

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm so glad this thread has been revived! I'll bounce around a few ideas when I'm not at work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Problem with Tetra however will be that she has very short legs and arms, not really suitable to make a fighter out of. The reason for example why Toon Link doesn't use kicks in his moveset is because his legs are too short, as stated by Sakurai.

Hence, Impa is a more probable choice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm so glad this thread has been revived! I'll bounce around a few ideas when I'm not at work.
You're welcome.

Problem with Tetra however will be that she has very short legs and arms, not really suitable to make a fighter out of. The reason for example why Toon Link doesn't use kicks in his moveset is because his legs are too short, as stated by Sakurai.

Hence, Impa is a more probable choice.
Sakurai made movesets out of a clown carcopter thing, a walking plant and a dog. I don't think Tetra' tiny legs will hold her back.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But she does have a short sword!

Plus, Ness and Lucas does deliver somes kicks. I don't see why a Toon character couldn't. (Obviously, Toon link gain nothing with kicking, compared to his sword. But he does uses his legs in some throws).

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Even though Tetra isn't as likely as, say, Impa, but she is my most wanted Zelda character

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ah, here it is! I always tried looking for this thread but the search feature isn't helpful sometimes. But hi yall! I definitely voted for Tetra (along with Phoenix Wright) explaining how both would play and how unique they would be!

I still see Tetra as a summon character. Her most unique trait from everyone else in the cast is her bossiness! Her special moves would be summoning her henchmen to do various things! Side-B calls a lackey to grab someone while Tetra does whatever she wants! However I imagine some strong specials to have fair endlag while Tetra scolds her underlings failing her.

Then of course for A moves she can have some fitting wind waker weapons (I say fitting because her just having the deku leaf or skull hammer seems quite out of place for her) like her light arrows, the grappling hook seems to fit her personality, and a swashbuckling sword for some tilts as her limbs can't reach so far.

She wouldnt transform into her princess form, but it could be a costume I guess! Cause really, why? What would it add that regular Zelda doesn't? Tetra can still use her princessey weapons, but no need to transform.

And I still imagine her Final Smash to be her crew crashing the pirate ship into the stage.

Tetra would be suuuuuper cool! Pirate Princess Badass!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ah, here it is! I always tried looking for this thread but the search feature isn't helpful sometimes. But hi yall! I definitely voted for Tetra (along with Phoenix Wright) explaining how both would play and how unique they would be!

I still see Tetra as a summon character. Her most unique trait from everyone else in the cast is her bossiness! Her special moves would be summoning her henchmen to do various things! Side-B calls a lackey to grab someone while Tetra does whatever she wants! However I imagine some strong specials to have fair endlag while Tetra scolds her underlings failing her.

Then of course for A moves she can have some fitting wind waker weapons (I say fitting because her just having the deku leaf or skull hammer seems quite out of place for her) like her light arrows, the grappling hook seems to fit her personality, and a swashbuckling sword for some tilts as her limbs can't reach so far.

She wouldnt transform into her princess form, but it could be a costume I guess! Cause really, why? What would it add that regular Zelda doesn't? Tetra can still use her princessey weapons, but no need to transform.

And I still imagine her Final Smash to be her crew crashing the pirate ship into the stage.

Tetra would be suuuuuper cool! Pirate Princess Badass!
I agree for the Zelda costume. Contrary to Sheik, her behavior doesn't really change when she is Zelda. She still retain her famous wink!

About the Wind Waker items, the skull hammer wouldn't be that much out of place, as it's found in the fosaken fortress, a (previously) island of pirates.
Some bombs could be nice too, but with a cannon. After all, Tetra's Crew want these bombs.

Her final smash NEEDS to be the catapult with the barrel.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Awesome! I was waiting for the Tetra support thread to show up again. Last time I checked (only a couple days ago) it was still locked. My only vote so far for the Smash Ballot has gone to this character. I think that she would be really unique and bring a ton of personality into the game. Hopefully we can make it more known to people that Tetra would be a good character choice to vote for. She really needs more recognition.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Here's a few special moves I made for Tetra

What do you think?

Neutral B: Cannon Blast
Tetra will summon a canon from thin air, appearing in an explosion that looks similar to the bomb blast from wind waker. As the move charges Tetra will duck behind the canon, covering her ears with her hands. A bomb will then be shot from the canon which will fly faster depending on how long it's charged which will explode either when it hits the ground or an enemy. The canon can be angled upwards or downwards while it charges which changes the height it flies at.

Side B: Skull Hammer
This move looks visually similar to the Ice Climbers side smash in previous games having her jump up and slam the hammer on the ground. The move is mostly effective as a shield breaker, doing more and more shield damage depending on how long it is charged, it can also be an effective kill move. The move is somewhat like Marth and Roy's neutral B in melee although it has more range than either of their's

Up B: Deku Leaf
Tetra will pull out the Deku leaf from Windwaker, when used on the ground she'll shoot a gust of wind forwards which can blow away enemies, somewhat like Mario's down B. However when used in the air it becomes a great recovery option. She'll put it above her head as a gust of wind comes from below her launching her upwards. After that she can slowly glide back to the stage, she can also turn around in this state and even cancel it using the A button which will cause her to drop the leaf and kick forwards with both legs. The move is similar to Peach's in both use and the height of the move although the initial hit cannot do damage and like I mentioned before, she can cancel it with an attack

Final Smash: Cannon Blast Barrage
Tetra will whistle with her fingers and jump offstage, as she does her ship flies up in the background from below the stage in a giant tornado which looks like those found in Wind Waker. She will then order her crew to fire bombs from canons at the stage, when reaching the foreground they will cause a huge explosion that does large damage and knockback. There is also a reticle that looks like the one found in wind waker

Here's a couple of extra things I did too

Entrance: Tetra's ship will fly up from the background in a tornado allowing her to jump out onto the battlefield

Alternate Costumes:
1) Default (Her appearance in Wind Waker)

2) Green (Gonzo)
Green shirt, cream pants, red bandana

3) Blue (Mako)
Blue shirt, white and light blue striped undershirt, orange bandana, green pants

4) Red (Niko)
Red shirt, white and light red striped undershirt, blue bandana, green pants

5) Purple (Nudge)
Purple shirt, lilac undershirt, orange bandana, green pants

6) White (Senza)
White shirt, purple undershirt, brown pants, black bandana

7) Blue (Zuko)
Blue shirt, white and light blue striped undershirt, red bandana, green pants

8) Pink (Toon Zelda)
Dark pink shirt, White undershirt, light pink pants, gold bandana

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I would definitely rock the Niko outfit. That's probably because my name is Nicolas, but I always loved him.

Anyway, her entrance could also be coming in a barrel! :awesome:

... I like this scene too much.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
While I think it doesnt fit Tetra that well, if Skull Hammer is ganna be used it needs to be like in Windwaker, some startup, but low cooldown, does some tough damage, and buries the opponent.

I also don't think Tetra fits with the Deku Leaf, I see her instead using the grappling hook or just footstooling one of her pirate henchmen and launching them down as an active hitbox.

But hey! What do I know? Good ideas anyway!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
While I think it doesnt fit Tetra that well, if Skull Hammer is ganna be used it needs to be like in Windwaker, some startup, but low cooldown, does some tough damage, and buries the opponent.

I also don't think Tetra fits with the Deku Leaf, I see her instead using the grappling hook or just footstooling one of her pirate henchmen and launching them down as an active hitbox.

But hey! What do I know? Good ideas anyway!
I think the grappling hook works better as a grab and smash 4 doesn't have tethers as a character's main recovery

Sonsa

Smash Champion
*Consistency*
*Looks at TP Zelda's OoT spells and ST Phantom*

But honestly, the Deku Leaf doesn't bother me.
Yeah, I wouldn't riot if Deku Leaf was in or anything, but she just never used it before but also just really doesn't seem her style. Like...Nosferatu fits Robin even though they never used it cause its a stylish, tactical spell, sure. But Tetra using the leaf...I guess I just expect something more...piratey? That's why the grappling hook seems better to me. Doesn't havta be a tether, maybe it could work like a Melee tether or something? Could be unique. I dunno, barrel blast seems good I suppose, deku leaf seems like an awesome custom. I guess I'm just weird.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Not that we need a character with another one of these, but what do you guys think of a counter for Tetra's Down Special that acts like Link's counter in the Wind Waker? She could quickly roll behind the opponent's attack and slash at them from behind.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Not that we need a character with another one of these, but what do you guys think of a counter for Tetra's Down Special that acts like Link's counter in the Wind Waker? She could quickly roll behind the opponent's attack and slash at them from behind.
Well, we have no counter in the Zelda serie yet :awesome:

Top Bottom