• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Once I have all the basics down and I'm good with the important matchups I intend to look up all the random **** you post and practice all of it. lol

****..... I've seen his posts around and I heard he was getting mad good (he didn't main ness iirc). Its odd to think I'll never see him post again or that his name won't come up in anymore results.

edit: Good **** Rawnie! We could always use more minds here at theorycraft centr- I mean the sheik boards.
<3 sheik boards
I've given up on posting my idea's.
I have moved onto making a bunch of little things that you can do and then keeping it to myself.
Here is a little something that I made last month.
*ripped from the diary*

*edited out because I don't want people stealing it*

I don't think this is much of a threat to me...
I also found a legit infinite on a said stage.
It works on every character at 999 and it can be SDI'd. However, they will eat around 150% before they can SDI out.
I am keeping this to myself though. I don't want my trump card getting banned! (stage strike banned....)
I'll let you guys watch it in a tourney vid.
He was a melee player that I see at a monthly tourney.

If anyone is interested, here is the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256913
So you knew him?

iLight

Smash Lord
@sl yeah i heard that, sorry to hear of it though

@rathy, the video hasn't been loaded, bear is taking his sweet time <3 also only the first match was recorded, which i think he 2 stocked me on Halberd, i played ok i was real nervous and was really mistiming a lot of punishes that I have down well but i was also feeling pretty comfortable there, though honestly a bad idea because he's also really good there. the second match was on FD and it was last stock last hit and he won, too bad that one wasn't recorded =/

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man

wolf is really fun, he is fast and aggressive and reminds me of sheik

right now he and sheik are my favorite characters :D

saviorslegacy

man

wolf is really fun, he is fast and aggressive and reminds me of sheik

right now he and sheik are my favorite characters :D
Wolf is pretty cool.
However, he has the same weakness's as Sheik.
So I have no buisness using him when I could be learning more with Sheik.

:EDIT:
Wow, I've been watching old clips of myself (like year old clips) and I've noticed a few cool things.
I was dumb, but I had some cool idea's. To bad I later gave em up, and forgot about em. -_-
Like D-Throw> Vanish
I noticed that I would usually Uair them, so they learned to attack me. Then I would mix in Vanish and they would strike air, a split second later I performed Vanish.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
wolf's air game is better than sheik's IMO but her ground game is so much stronger and more versatile.

I don't know I think wolf may be a better over all character than sheik; between his great kill options, amazing air mobility and bair it becomes a toss up for me. But similarly there aren't many wolves out there doing things for him. I think I perform better with sheik regardless through.

saviorslegacy

wolf's air game is better than sheik's IMO but her ground game is so much stronger and more versatile.

I don't know I think wolf may be a better over all character than sheik; between his great kill options, amazing air mobility and bair it becomes a toss up for me. But similarly there aren't many wolves out there doing things for him. I think I perform better with sheik regardless through.
His air game is alright.
His Bair is the only cool thing and mixed with his air speed it becomes a heck of a weapon.

Yah right... he is good but not that good.

#1 He has a ton of bad match ups because like everyone has a lock on him/CG.
Falco (D-Throw to like 60% + Gatling combo... that is if he doesn't just get chain spiked)
Sheik (f-tilt until USmash KO percents)
Pikachu (D-Throw to like 100ish%)
Wario (D-Throw to like 100ish percent)
IC's (D-Throw to like 70ish%)
Fox (u-tilt lock.. ???)
Ganon (Dair stomp to like 40ish%)
Mario (u-tilt to like 40ish%)
Link (u-tilt to like 40ish%)
TL (u-tilt to like 40ish%)
Olimar (I've been told that he has some kind of CG on him)
ZSS (DSmash lock to like 70ish%)
Even ROB has a long lock on him. (u-tilt side hit to like 100ish%)
There are more but IDK all of them.

Losing half your stock to like everyone or getting taken from 0 - death by like 4 people is pretty bad.
We only have to worry about IC's and Pikachu. Sheik in ditto's too. lol
Pika can only do it to us when we are at like 10ish% or he can only CG us to like 60ish%/

#2 His recovery sucks unless you can Flash onto the stage.

#3 His laser can easily be power shielded.

#4 Shine has almost no combo ability according to what Gheb told me.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wolf. However, saying that he is better than Sheik is insulting.

Judo777

Smash Master
His air game is alright.
His Bair is the only cool thing and mixed with his air speed it becomes a heck of a weapon.

Yah right... he is good but not that good.

#1 He has a ton of bad match ups because like everyone has a lock on him/CG.
Falco (D-Throw to like 60% + Gatling combo... that is if he doesn't just get chain spiked)
Sheik (f-tilt until USmash KO percents)
Pikachu (D-Throw to like 100ish%)
Wario (D-Throw to like 100ish percent)
IC's (D-Throw to like 70ish%)
Fox (u-tilt lock.. ???)
Ganon (Dair stomp to like 40ish%)
Mario (u-tilt to like 40ish%)
Link (u-tilt to like 40ish%)
TL (u-tilt to like 40ish%)
Olimar (I've been told that he has some kind of CG on him)
ZSS (DSmash lock to like 70ish%)
Even ROB has a long lock on him. (u-tilt side hit to like 100ish%)
There are more but IDK all of them.

Losing half your stock to like everyone or getting taken from 0 - death by like 4 people is pretty bad.
We only have to worry about IC's and Pikachu. Sheik in ditto's too. lol
Pika can only do it to us when we are at like 10ish% or he can only CG us to like 60ish%/

#2 His recovery sucks unless you can Flash onto the stage.

#3 His laser can easily be power shielded.

#4 Shine has almost no combo ability according to what Gheb told me.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wolf. However, saying that he is better than Sheik is insulting.
Man there are so many things wrong with this post i dont know where to start. Firstly you are exactly right wolf's aerial spped is the biggest aspect of his air game. Secondly wolf has a fairly solid ground game aswell not far behind sheiks.

1 he doesnt have that many bad matchups. We have ne of the most crippling locks against him and guess what its still a 6:4 alothough you are right he gets gayed by everything.

2 im like 90% sure falcos gatling combo works on everyone.

3 pikas dthrow chaingrab against him is actually not as bad as the one he has on us. pika can chaingrab us to 103% then upsmash and we cannot get out im extremely positive as i asked the pika boards on all of the specifics of their chain grab. Against wolf pika has to do 2 fthrows, 3dthrows, 2 fthrows then like 5 dthrows so its much harder. Not sure of the number but i know thats the right order.

4 ganon has a stomp combo up to from 0-40% on pretty much everyone im also very sure of this.

5 the window for pikas dthrow chain on us is he must start between 10% and 50% and it goes up to i think 103% keep in mind that pika can ftrow chaingrab us up to over 10% tho so dont get grabbed.

6 his recovery is very piss poor as u said but its better than falcos because if we mess up and get hit with wolfs side b we die.

7 his shine is also the best of the three because oh wait its an airdodge too. and although its not as good as foxes offstage it still setups for great gimps. watch JJ wolfs match vs ally when he shines him to a bair spike.

8 Although this doesnt matter that much according to the current tier list wolf is better than sheik by 2 spots actually.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
with wolf's bair you really shouldn't be getting grabbed by much of anyone. one of if not the best aerial in the game as far as I'm concerned.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Who thinks the Wolf-Sheik matchup is only 6-4? I fail to see how it is THAT difficult to hit Wolf with an ftilt.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Wolf's shine has invincibility frames with a lot of range. It's not bad at all.

Ganon's dair to 40% only requires 2 dairs, which works on a lot of people.

I think that the Wolf vs Sheik match-up is 60/40 because people were arguing that if Wolf gets past ftilt lock %s, then the match-up becomes much harder for Sheik.

Judo777

Smash Master
Who thinks the Wolf-Sheik matchup is only 6-4? I fail to see how it is THAT difficult to hit Wolf with an ftilt.
For a few reasons actually. Tilt locking wolf while not that difficult is harder than say fox because wolf is heavier than fox and therefore we have to tilt lock him for longer in order to get the kill. This gives him more time to try and di behind us and possibly make us screw up on turnaround also if we misstime our ftilt his shine is an auto escape. And as i said tilt lock aside wolf is pretty tough for sheik cause hes very fast and powerful to boot we wont be living much past 100% cause dsmash is a monster provided players are of equal skill.

Wolfs air game is amazing because of his air speed (4th fastest i believe behind yoshi jiggs and wario) and bair is pretty nasty.

Its not that slanted in the same since that falco is even. We have a tilt lock to death on falco, but when we arent tilt locking falco he is ****** us hard cause hes just such a slid character. This is true for wolf at a lesser extent. Wolf is less solid but hes harder to kill than falco especially if we miss tilt lock and or ftilt to usmash percents.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ftilt a bunch of times into a dsmash. Due to Wolf's gravity and the still-existing decay afterward, you'll still be able to ftilt lock him. : P

iLight

Smash Lord
ok so i'm confirmed to go to winterfest, who from the sheik boards is also going and can i came house with you whether it be in a hotel or whatever on saturday night? also do you know if i have to show up to register on friday/sat if i register online?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
That beat is sick.
Some of those bars are crazy. I like the overall feel, he is actually talking about something thats been on my mind about the girls down here (and in general). I want to find more of this.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'm going to be going to Winterfest. I'll be booking a room at a hotel, but I don't know how many people will be staying with me yet.

saviorslegacy

My Grandma lives in Tampa.
Ima get to ride in her sail boat this next summer when I'm down there for like 2 weeks. :)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZYqg6NWUx0
http://www.youtube.com/user/kenranbutousai97#p/search/2/OScOpQ42gSY

The thread about the japanese meta got me curious about why they think sheik/zelda is so good. I looked around for some vids and that's what I found with a little searching. What do you guys think? Too good? Horrible? Anything we can borrow or learn?

btw I found those by going to jp.youtube.com and searching "シーク" (sheik in japanese) and "vs".

edit: I believe the first vid is against masashi who I believe is considered pretty good in japan.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Heh, both of those are pretty old. The first vid is Earth vs Masashi, and the second one is Earth vs Souther.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm guessing these have been posted on the sheik boards before? Is Earth the best sheik in japan?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah he probably is

haha funny cuz 'earth' is pronounced 'aasu' phonetically by the japanese

same as ***

stealth3654

Smash Lord
It looks like Earth charges needles whenever he can, slowly charging them up instead of charging them all at once.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I like earth. He is solid.

Um... do what he does.
what he should do more of is jab into X helps with snake kills and junk. kills in general.
And less down smash jab works better in most of those panicy "they are in my zone" situations unless you know dsmash will force them off stage or something similar. you don't want to abuse it because it can be an important kill too.

pit is a hard match up IMO not much you can do about ledge camping as sheik. there were some places earth could have forced him on stage with a ledge hog though. He is a character that for some reason live to forever, lol. You have to save kill moves like nair bair and dsmash or he will just keep coming back to rack more and more damage on you.

Don't be afraid, but do be warry about jumping off stage to edge gaurd a pit recovering low. fair beats arrows and has less cool down I think. All of his aerials have significant start up, do off stage fair kills aren't impossible if you play your cards right. don't get too brave though pit can just wait you out and fly over or under the stage.

zelda is so bad! cost him that game... don't go zelda versus snake, snake has a better air game then zelda, lol. jab->short->nair/dsmash for a kill on him.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Anyone live in the Dallas area who's up to game sometime? I've recently dropped Zelda and picked up shiek again, and I'd like to pick up my game at a faster rate. Just PM me or post here. Lol

Top Bottom