• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

kirsybui

Smash Rookie
In the Test Stage in Develop Mode, you can drop all the items in the item drop list without the game freezing.

aho43

Smash Lord
Is there any sort of code so you can use c-stick in training mode? Or so that you could use c-stick in developers mode?

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
kirsybui said:
In the Test Stage in Develop Mode, you can drop all the items in the item drop list without the game freezing.
I love the Test stage. It's my favourite stage next to Hyrule Temple.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
Azure Rune said:
I've been using AR for a while, really only for the infinite jump matches though. That and playing as Giga bowser.
The best trick for infinite jumps is to do it while holding a screw attack item :laugh: . You can take 'em up as high as you want, even until they die (and you won't).

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
I've tried using the two codes that (while used in conjuction with each other) enable you to release the pokemon from the pokeball when you press ^ on the control pad (or something like that) but I can't seem to get it to work. When thrown, the pokeball is empty (first code). But when I press ^ (second code), nothing comes out :( . Please help me. Thanx.

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
I know of an Absolute Defense that can't be destroyed if you can set it up. You need to play on Develop mode on the Test stage:

1. Go to the very right side of the Test stage. You should see a big thing that looks like a "three-step stairs" floating in the air.
2. Go to the left side of the platform under that "floating stair"
3. Hold L and use up and down on the D+Pad to scroll through a list of items. Select the Polar Bear, and then start walking to the right while pressing down on the D+Pad rapidly to drop Polar Bears behind you.
4. When you get to the "floating stairs", roll towards it to get under it.
5. Roll to the right again to get to the right side of it.
6. Jump to the very top step of the "floating stairs" and drop an Octarok there.
7. Jump off the right side of the stairs, drop two Polar Bears there and then roll to the left to get under the stairs again.
8. Drop some Polar Bears while you're under the stairs. They should appear on top of the stairs.

You should now be under the stairs, and you should see many Polar bears on your left, two Polar Bears on your right, an Octarok on the top step of the stairs, and a Polar Bear each on the other two steps. Don't worry though, the Polar Bears can't get you since they're too tall to fit under the stairs.

As soon as someone comes to the right side of the stage and tries to destroy your "wall of Polar Bears" and attack you, just drop more Polar Bears on top of the stairs. The newer Polar Bears dropped on it will push the ones that were previously there onto the ground to replace the ones killed by the person trying to attack you. And you'll be able to summon more Polar Bears faster than they'll be killed, so there's no way anyone can kill all your Polar Bears and get to you.

And if they try to jump over the stairs to get you from behind, just rapidly drop Polar Bears as soon as they're directly above the stairs, and watch as they get hit by a Polar Bear like 3-4 times every second, and in just a few seconds, they'll be at about +600% and goes flying off into the background.

The Octarok at the top of the stairs will also act as an annoyance to the enemy. While they're hopelessly trying to kill the infinite Polar Bears, the Octarok just shoots a rock at him, interrupts him and then the Polar Bear kills/hurts him badly while he's offgaurd.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I tried a few of the codes from ARcentral, and none of them seem to work. I always get the invalid message when I click click enter on the code i've entered. I am using v1.2 codes for my v 1.2 game, but I read earlier soemthing like AR doesn't work for some gamecubes? I'm not sure which gamecube I have or the AR version but the preloaded codes seem to work when i turn them on. None of the non-Datel made cheats do though...

kirsybui

Smash Rookie
Do you have the right (m) code? The action replay's preloaded (m) codes for smash aren't always the ones for codes on the internet.

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
I know of a devastating offensive technique in Develop mode. Just run around the whole Test stage, drop Paratroopas everywhere and then run to the edge of the stage, scroll through the list of Pokémon until you get Unown. Then start dropping PokéBalls rapidly and press A rapidly to throw them.

The Unowns should not only hit the other player(s), but also hit the Paratroopas, knocking them down from the sky, and they'll damage whoever they touches. If they're hit again, they'll turn into shells, and they'll slide around eveywhere, doing massive damage to everyone.

So with this technique, you're causing huge damage with the Paratroopas, Paratroopa shells and Unowns combined.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
SonicZeroX said:
So I ask agian, does anyone know the code for big swords/weapons? (I got Fox/Falco's but noone else)
^ Does noone know? >.<

Smash_Masta00

Smash Cadet
could someone port the infinite recovery moves from v 1.1 or 1.0 to version 1.2?

i've tried but i can't get it to work..... the AR recognises it and everything but it has no (apparent) in-game effect.......

Acromion

Smash Cadet
meleeruler said:
Well, if you have "PAL" Version, this may help you:YEEAAAHHH!!!11!!1!one!!1

Now about the Hands... ...I don't know why they wont work. I know for a fact that It doesn't matter what setting it is on, (Develop, Debug, ECT.) I have NTSC version, so I'm at a loss. I would try players 2 and 3 (on the debug menu AND in the controller slots) and then try to fight. OH YEAH I just realized to fight with the hands you have to use the D-Pad! I can't remember exactly how but It's kinda like how you use the settings in develop. So mess around with it :p

Hey, just here to help, (or at least try:p )
Hey there what's up? Okay here is a link to a site that explains how to control the hands, you'll find it at the bottom of the page (somewhere near it anyhow). http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/super_smash_bros_melee_debug.txt

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
Smash_Masta00 said:
could someone port the infinite recovery moves from v 1.1 or 1.0 to version 1.2?

i've tried but i can't get it to work..... the AR recognises it and everything but it has no (apparent) in-game effect.......
U mean ifininte double jumps? I could check off my action replay but I'm too lazy. go to actionreplaycentral.com and go to ssbm codes. The code for infininte double jumps should be in there somewhere.

Coreypsych

Smash Apprentice
try this...

Try this (its loads of fun), in debug mode, set samus's flag to low gravity, so when you bomb in mid-air, you REALY slow down the fall rate, you can use this to cover horizontal air. Its very cheap (;))

Coreypsych

Smash Apprentice
mkmelee said:
I tried a few of the codes from ARcentral, and none of them seem to work. I always get the invalid message when I click click enter on the code i've entered. I am using v1.2 codes for my v 1.2 game, but I read earlier soemthing like AR doesn't work for some gamecubes? I'm not sure which gamecube I have or the AR version but the preloaded codes seem to work when i turn them on. None of the non-Datel made cheats do though...
Make sure you're entering the correct leeters/ numbers. I have come across this millions of times with long codes. Just check the individual code strands slowly, if you have ALL the code strips correct, you must be getting the wrong version of codes for the game.

Acromion

Smash Cadet
Let me apologize for posting a question that might already be posted, Don't know and to many pages to go through so once again srry now here is my question, I play has Gigabowser and everything works fine until it's game and match, then the game enters a glitched frozen state so if anybody can tell me how I can get the characters to do their victory pose, make the result screen pop up and finally just let the game's ending play out like normal ya know? (This games winner is......... (Insertname here) Pose, other characters clap).

Acromion

Smash Cadet
Srry for the dbl post but if it helps you help me in anyway I have it set on Master Mode.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
It's the mask characters as mario code (although for some very odd reason it ocasionally masks player 1 as capt falcon and once giga bowser... which defeats the pourpose)
Look on arcentral.net or gscentral.org or whatever the code sites were for them.

Now my question is a page back. >.> So...

Does anyone know what the code is for big weapons (other than for Fox and Falco)

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
With an Action Replay, you can adjust characters' weight and knockback power. If you make Mewtwo's Defense Ratio on 80 and his Offense Ratio on 1,30, he'll be about as heavy as Samus, and his upthrow can KO Bowser at 50%. Ofcourse, though, his bane would be Giga Bowser, since Giga Bowser can't be thrown :laugh:

Smash_Masta00

Smash Cadet
Skylink said:
U mean ifininte double jumps? I could check off my action replay but I'm too lazy. go to actionreplaycentral.com and go to ssbm codes. The code for infininte double jumps should be in there somewhere.

but i already have the one for infinite double jumps..... i want the one for infinite up-b moves........

thanks if anyone can help....

also..... i got my AR for $20 canadian...... *GLEE*

rezz

Smash Journeyman
StripesOrBars said:
Does n e 1 know if yur memory card can get erased if its not in the cube while the AR is inserted?
with a few of them like debug mode and some other cheats but i wood just use the ar without the memory card

oh and can some one help me, i put in the big blaster cheat for fox/falco but it doset work can some one help?

Eirei

Smash Rookie
Check AR Central, they have it there. Will someone please for the love of god answer SonicZeroX's Question!? You've ignored his posts for the past couple pages. People have answered every post around his and ignored him. Its quite rude of you

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Eirei said:
Check AR Central, they have it there. Will someone please for the love of god answer SonicZeroX's Question!? You've ignored his posts for the past couple pages. People have answered every post around his and ignored him. Its quite rude of you
THANK YOU
>.<

nada

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to unlock all characters/stages with AR? I'll be buying a GC soon and I *really* don't want to have to go through that.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
nada said:
Is there a way to unlock all characters/stages with AR? I'll be buying a GC soon and I *really* don't want to have to go through that.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think AR usually comes with that code, along with have all trophys. Other weird codes, such as debug mode or *COUGHBIGWEAPONSCOUGH*, you definatley need a code for.
It's been OVER a month when I first asked that question and noone's even adressed it except Eirei, not even the mods paid any attention. >.>

Eirei

Smash Rookie
Hey SonicZeroX, if you have the PAL version or version 1.0 than your in luck, there on ARcentral.net, but if you don't than I don't no what to say. I've been talking to OmniGamer and he says they must be there, so unless version 1.0 works for 1.1-1.2 I'd say we are out of luck. I know PAL don't work on 1.2 (My version) because I tried it already :( Oh well

Lange

Smash Journeyman
I have an action replay and was wondering here, Are there codes to unlock characters, that donot appear in SSBM, such maybe as Toad or Sonic and Tails. I have been searching around some, and really haven't been able to find anything on it.

Eirei

Smash Rookie
HAHAHA I should hit you. No, there is no possible way to get them, AS THEY NEVER EXISTED IN THE GAME and therefore have no moveset. There are no Mods for this game, so the answer is no.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Eirei said:
Hey SonicZeroX, if you have the PAL version or version 1.0 than your in luck, there on ARcentral.net, but if you don't than I don't no what to say. I've been talking to OmniGamer and he says they must be there, so unless version 1.0 works for 1.1-1.2 I'd say we are out of luck. I know PAL don't work on 1.2 (My version) because I tried it already :( Oh well
Considering I got smash 2 months ago...
Arg, version 1.0 doesn't work with the others cause of the massive gitch massacre.
Oh well a big thanks to you for finding that out.

To Gannondorf:
Read the first page.

Top Bottom