• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
As far as I'm aware, there's no super AI cheat, but to show collision bubbles, you get the debug menu cheat, on the main debug menu about half way down the list there will be an option called DB Level, set that to develop. After that you start a match and during the match you press R and up on the D pad at the same time to show the bubbles.

You'll probably want to read some stuff here first.
v
http://ssbm.detstar.com/debug/

nikstrife

Smash Rookie
that means that the game froze,as you should know Debug is something that is supposed to be taken out of the game,so unearthing it may freeze the game,if this keeps happening just keep trying debug again,it'll work eventually

Jigg Trigger

Smash Rookie
I have a problem that's small, but disturbing. I did AR and got the Samus Unmasked And Mario and Yoshi trophies, accidently played a few games as link vs mario, and then exited out. So I have the trophies, but now in Verse mode my C-stick doesn't work and in the menu's there are mistakes with the c-stick involving angleing the menu screen. Am I gonna have to format my memory card? Cuz this is not cool.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Jigg Trigger said:
I have a problem that's small, but disturbing. I did AR and got the Samus Unmasked And Mario and Yoshi trophies, accidently played a few games as link vs mario, and then exited out. So I have the trophies, but now in Verse mode my C-stick doesn't work and in the menu's there are mistakes with the c-stick involving angleing the menu screen. Am I gonna have to format my memory card? Cuz this is not cool.
One of the modes in debug mode (I think it's develop) makes it so that the C stick moves the camera and the D pad does all sorts of stuff. You have to turn it off to get back the c stick.
Check out the article on Detstar.com to see more about it.

Jigg Trigger

Smash Rookie
SonicZeroX said:
One of the modes in debug mode (I think it's develop) makes it so that the C stick moves the camera and the D pad does all sorts of stuff. You have to turn it off to get back the c stick.
Check out the article on Detstar.com to see more about it.
No... I don't think that's it :(

Coreypsych

Smash Apprentice
Debug Stuff

After learning how to show the field around the character (in debug mode/ develop), I began to wonder if you can do other stuff too. Note: I'm sure someone else has found these. In debug mode, you realize that you can play as pretty much anyone, and edit their stats almost in any way. Now playing around with the Develop mode, I have descovered some things that will give you some more freedom on how you want to play. During the game you can do these things:

Hold Y and press D-Pad Left: it makes you grow as if you got a super mushroom

Hold Y and press D-Pad down: It makes you shrink, but you can only shrink when giant

Hold A and press D-Pad right: It turns your match into lightning melee, press it again to reverse effect, I yet still have to learn how to use slow-mo

Hold B and press D-Pad right: This will turn off clothes that move, fire won't do anything, and you can't shoot stuff, plus other things. Note: you can't reverse this once it's done

Hold L and use the D-Pad buttons to scroll through items and pokemon: press down (only) on the D-Pad to drop the item. Tip: You can do this while the game is paused, it's easier this way so you don't end up doing things you don't want to happen

Important: Because you can't pause and quit with start, hold X and press Up on the D-Pad, that will pause it as if you were playing normal melee

Hold R and press D-Pad Right: This will show the areas around your player that you can damage (that's yellow), Red is danger zones, light green is reflective, blue is (i beleive) harmles plus you can't touch or hurt the area, and green is invunrable. Press them again and you will see your character and the field, press them again and you'll turn the field off. Note: Holding R and pressing D-Pad Up will do the same thing, exept that it will show the fields around all the players instead of one. Hint: This is VERY useful to learn how to reflect with the shield, noticing that when you press the shield button, a light green area shows for about .5 seconds

Hold B and Press D-Pad Left: This will show a menu of the bonuses you have earned (at least I think), pressing the buttons again will make the menu more visable, and pressing it for the third time will close the menu (not very useful)

I will edit this and add new things when I have time. Please feel free to add comments to what other button functions are.

primusfan

Smash Ace
WarriorKnight said:
I was wondering about how you can control the master hand and the crazy hand in vs. mode using debug. I cant get them to move
I think you plug the controller into the 3rd port, then he starts to move.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
When I was using AR a couple days ago, I discovered something cool: If you activate black floors AND dark melee at the same time, while your fighting the stage will flip out and start flashing like crazy! It makes Battlefield one of the coolest stages in the game.

If this was discovered already, I apologize.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Coreypsych said:
After learning how to show the field around the character (in debug mode/ develop), I began to wonder if you can do other stuff too. Note: I'm sure someone else has found these. In debug mode, you realize that you can play as pretty much anyone, and edit their stats almost in any way. Now playing around with the Develop mode, I have descovered some things that will give you some more freedom on how you want to play. During the game you can do these things:

Hold Y and press D-Pad Left: it makes you grow as if you got a super mushroom

Hold Y and press D-Pad down: It makes you shrink, but you can only shrink when giant

Hold A and press D-Pad right: It turns your match into lightning melee, press it again to reverse effect, I yet still have to learn how to use slow-mo

Hold B and press D-Pad right: This will turn off clothes that move, fire won't do anything, and you can't shoot stuff, plus other things. Note: you can't reverse this once it's done

Hold L and use the D-Pad buttons to scroll through items and pokemon: press down (only) on the D-Pad to drop the item. Tip: You can do this while the game is paused, it's easier this way so you don't end up doing things you don't want to happen

Important: Because you can't pause and quit with start, hold X and press Up on the D-Pad, that will pause it as if you were playing normal melee

Hold R and press D-Pad Right: This will show the areas around your player that you can damage (that's yellow), Red is danger zones, light green is reflective, blue is (i beleive) harmles plus you can't touch or hurt the area, and green is invunrable. Press them again and you will see your character and the field, press them again and you'll turn the field off. Note: Holding R and pressing D-Pad Up will do the same thing, exept that it will show the fields around all the players instead of one. Hint: This is VERY useful to learn how to reflect with the shield, noticing that when you press the shield button, a light green area shows for about .5 seconds

Hold B and Press D-Pad Left: This will show a menu of the bonuses you have earned (at least I think), pressing the buttons again will make the menu more visable, and pressing it for the third time will close the menu (not very useful)

I will edit this and add new things when I have time. Please feel free to add comments to what other button functions are.
http://ssbm.detstar.com/debug/dblevel/index.html
^ All of the functions right there

Smash o man

Smash Cadet
hmm...well if my dad ever lets me get an AR then ill also buy another memory card and copy data of SSBM on my original 1 to it and only use AR with that memory card, since you said data can be erased. But yea im interested in debug mode. :lick:

primusfan

Smash Ace
Smash o man said:
hmm...well if my dad ever lets me get an AR then ill also buy another memory card and copy data of SSBM on my original 1 to it and only use AR with that memory card, since you said data can be erased. But yea im interested in debug mode. :lick:
i was gonna do the same thing when i got my AR, but instead i just wait until the game loads up, then i take out my memory card, so you have all your data, and your memory card cant get screwed up.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Xterminator said:
in debug mode, i have no idea how to make people go faster
to do that, when you see the first debug menu screen, go down and where it says
DBLEVEL:Master, change it to DBLEVEL:Develop. then start up a game and press A + -->, if thats the right button combination, the characters should go super fast. But I warn you, IT'S NOT FUN PLAYING LIKE THIS!

SmashingGamerWatcher

Smash Cadet
Master Hand? Sandbag? Wire-Frame?

I played Super Smash Bros. Melee with AR max i updated about 12 times and no cheat for the master hand! my friend told me that it will unlock Master hand Crazy hand Wire-frames and the sandbag + more!

Q: Can, you play as the Master Hand or anyone else instead or Mr G&W and that?

If the Answer is YES to the Q then:

Q: How?

Post, to me ASAP.

Sorry, if this was already posted!

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Dark_Ness said:
When I was using AR a couple days ago, I discovered something cool: If you activate black floors AND dark melee at the same time, while your fighting the stage will flip out and start flashing like crazy! It makes Battlefield one of the coolest stages in the game.

If this was discovered already, I apologize.

flashing meaning rapid flashing that gives epilipsy people a seizure or flashing with a few second breaks or w/e

be more subfific

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
SmashingGamerWatcher said:

I played Super Smash Bros. Melee with AR max i updated about 12 times and no cheat for the master hand! my friend told me that it will unlock Master hand Crazy hand Wire-frames and the sandbag + more!
Q: Can, you play as the Master Hand or anyone else instead or Mr G&W and that?

If the Answer is YES to the Q then:
Well, the way that played as master hand (which seems to be the best and most stable way) would to be to use debug mode. for me, charater mods seem to frequently crash te game for me.
depending on which version of the game you have, you can get into debug mode
Check the first page for links to codes to find out the debug mode code (if you don't have it already)

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
primusfan said:
i was gonna do the same thing when i got my AR, but instead i just wait until the game loads up, then i take out my memory card, so you have all your data, and your memory card cant get screwed up.
well, that's not entirely true...
i have had cases where my data was deleted right after it was loaded.
but you shouldn't even need a memory card with AR if you have debug.
you can play normal matches in debug mode and you don't have to have anything unlocked.
debug alows you to gain access to everything, when you want

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Lishy said:
flashing meaning rapid flashing that gives epilipsy people a seizure or flashing with a few second breaks or w/e

be more specific.
If you only have Black Floors and Dark Melee turned on other than the unlock everything codes, then the first one. If you have other codes on (like Debug Mode), the second one.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if when you play as sandbag, if he can actually attack...BEFORE the game freezes? I was just curious because all I know how to do with him is move and jump. Not that it matters anyway because it'll just freeze, but I was just wondering.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Dark_Ness said:
If you only have Black Floors and Dark Melee turned on other than the unlock everything codes, then the first one. If you have other codes on (like Debug Mode), the second one.
doesent answer my question :p

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
You've got to be kidding me.

Lishy said:
That doesn't answer my question. :p
Wow. Just wow.

THE RAPID FLASHING THAT GIVES THE IMPRESSION OF A STROBE LIGHT AND GIVES PEOPLE WHO HAVE EPILEPSY SEIZURES.

How's that? :p

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
primusfan said:
Does anyone know if when you play as sandbag, if he can actually attack...BEFORE the game freezes? I was just curious because all I know how to do with him is move and jump. Not that it matters anyway because it'll just freeze, but I was just wondering.
sandbag had no attack, or duoble jusp animation... that's why it freezes

Meteordragon01

Smash Rookie
For anyone who wants to know... These are Master/Crazy Hand controls

Master Hand is controlled with controller 3 and Crazy Hand is controlled with controller 4. They cannot be controlled by any other controller other than the ones above.
All moves require you to press two buttons or more.

Master Hand
------------
D Pad Up + A = Flaming Twirl Finger of Doom
D Pad Right + A = Flying Punch
D Pad Down + A = Slam ground
D Pad Up + B = Laser
D Pad Right + B = Gun
D Pad Up + Z = Grab
D Pad Right + Z = Grab also
D Pad Left + R = Finger Jab
D Pad Right + R = Ground Punch
D Pad Down + R = Ground Slap
D Pad Up + R = Twirly Finger into ground
D Pad Up + L = Sweep
D Pad Down + L = Walk Attack

Crazy Hand
------------
D Pad Up + A = Flying Punch
D Pad Left + A = Flaming Twirl Finger of Doom
D Pad Right + A = Slam ground
D Pad Down + A = Also Flaming Twirl Finger of Doom
D Pad Up + B = Laser
D Pad Right + B = Laser Also
D Pad Down + B = Drop Bombs
D Pad Left + B = Laser Also
D Pad Up + L = Sweep
D Pad Down + L = Spaz
D Pad Left + L = Spider
D Pad Right + L = Sweep Also
D Pad Up + R = Ground Punch
D Pad Down + R = Finger Jab
D Pad Left + R = Twirly Finger into Groun
D Pad Right + R = Slap Ground
D Pad Up + Z = Grab
D Pad Right + Z = Grab Also
D Pad Left + Z = Grab Also

Combonation Moves
-----------------
Warning: If you do the wrong initiation combo, Master Hand will not respond, and this can lead to Crazy Hand just sitting there. Crazy Hand Must initiate combos by doing his move first.

Hand Clap
D Pad Right + Y = Crazy Hand
D Pad Left + Y = Master Hand

Double Flaming Punch
D Pad Up + Y = Crazy Hand
D Pad Up + Y = Master Hand

'Come Here' Punch
D Pad Down + Y = Crazy Hand
D Pad Up + Y = Master Hand

Crazy Hand Glitched Move Initiation
A.K.A. Sparkle Like a Fairy

D Pad Left + Y = Crazy Hand

primusfan

Smash Ace
JustaPnoy said:
hey does anyone know where I can get AR?
Do you have a circuit city in your area? I got mine, BRAND NEW, at circuit city for $19.99. Everywhere else, it's $29.99 . If you don't have a circuit city around, go to Wal-Mart or any other place where they sell video games.

Top Bottom