• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Trent

Smash Champion
Now that you mention it, I remember that. He sent me a text but he didn't say very much. He insulted your sonic... Don't know why he insulted your sonic if you got first though..
Aww.. that's sad. He seemed like a cool dude. I only got a chance to play him once in a friendly and he ended up winning by a close one, I was being an idiot and charging right into his Wolf instead of trying to space better. Guess he's used to fighting better Sonics like you.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Aww.. that's sad. He seemed like a cool dude. I only got a chance to play him once in a friendly and he ended up winning by a close one, I was being an idiot and charging right into his Wolf instead of trying to space better. Guess he's used to fighting better Sonics like you.
He's a cool dude to hang around with and everything. He's really bad at brawl though and I'm pretty sure he knows it... He said he was too busy gettin laid to play in the tourney. Was his gf hot? If not I'm totally gonna dog on him so bad.

Trent

Smash Champion
He's a cool dude to hang around with and everything. He's really bad at brawl though and I'm pretty sure he knows it... He said he was too busy gettin laid to play in the tourney. Was his gf hot? If not I'm totally gonna dog on him so bad.
I never met his girlfriend I don't think, but yeah he was talking about how he was wanting to hang out with her during the tourney, maybe that's what he meant I guess. :laugh:

wow congrats Trent on the (lol ridiculous) placing!!
Thank you! :bee:

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I'm really hoping I'm posting our results right since this is my first time doing this.

Vegassmash Gameworld Weekly #9
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7107
August 17, 2009
Out of 18:
13th - Tails (Sonic)

Vegassmash Gameworld Weekly #9
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7107
August 17, 2009
Out of 18:
7th - Kinzer (Sonic)

All I can say is that I did pretty bad. We teamed up again and we got dead last. Every match we had to fight dittos. We played against a Diddy Kong ditto and a Lucario ditto.

I still need to do a lot of improvement still. I guess I wasn't on my game since I went to bed this morning at 2am and woke up at 6am, so I was really tired

My first match was against Z. He played played Falco on me. 3 stocked me. Then he played Luigi. I was so happy to get one stock off of him. I knew I was going to lose to him anyway since I have zero confidence when I found out I was playing against Z.

My last match was against Toussaint and plays Fox. Sorry, but I can't remember how my match went since I was so tired.

I didn't get dead last because of a bye, but I still feel like I have a long way to go before I'll advance.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ankokus's thread, where is that located? The rules were 3 stock 8 minute no items though. Trying to think of the top eight though, I know some of their user names. umm...

1 - Trent (Sonic)
2 - Weegee (Ness/Lucas)
3 - Potatoes (Toon Link)
3 - Zip (Marth)
5 - Afyrl (Diddy)
5 - Bored Peanut (Falco)
7 - Mysterious Silver (Pit)
7 - Travis (DDD)
7 - Don't Remember (Meta-Knight)
7 - Don't Remember (Marth)

Also! @ithrowthings I think I met a friend of yours at the Convention. He was a Wolf player from Ohio that was visiting his girlfriend in Iowa, never caught his name and he didn't enter the tourney, but he mentioned that he played you a lot and had your phone number.
I need it submitted in the proper format to accept it.

===

The thread's been updated.

I had results from a tournament this weekend, but I won't put them up.
Not because they were bad results, but because it was at an Anime Convention with Meta Knight banned and no noticeable players there besides my own city (everyone in Texas was at Oh Snap in Oklahoma).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well it needs an entry fee to count anyway....

espy, just throw it up there, People want the tourney rank thread to be as accurate as possible and that means including all tourneys, no matter how scrubby

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
But Mister Eric's ROB? So easy to bait him into easy kills. use bair to fsmash and when that doesn't work bait a spotdodge then charge an fsmash. I'd much rather fight almost any ROB than a good wario.
By the sounds of what ITT's been posting, Mister Eric wasn't very good -_-'

Most people don't realize how hard Sonic is for ROB because they don't play good ROBs who know the MU. If ROB plays correctly, it becomes that much harder.

I'm not trying to bash you, I just think people john too much about Marth (not referring to you) when a character like ROB exists. Congrats on your placing, keep it up ^_^

espy, just throw it up there, People want the tourney rank thread to be as accurate as possible and that means including all tourneys, no matter how scrubby
I agree, if money is involved it's still worth posting.

btw here's my lolsupposedtobeatourney results.

TSP Aug Monthly Results
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245612
August 15th
Out of 7
2. Camalange (Sonic)

An expected 20 turned into 7...lol, This probably isn't worth putting in the OP, but I made money and the grand finals were recorded so...figured I'd just leave this here.

I'll post the finals once they're online in the Winning Steak Cinemas.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Umbra is actually a legit player though, lol. He's ranked in my state with MK. I had to win 2 sets against him in order to take 1st. I wrecked the first set, second set I brought to 5th match, last stock, high percent.

Then got DelfinoDsmashed ftl

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, I'll put them up now, and update the thread later:

San Japan Brawl Tournament - Singles
No Thread
August 14th
Out of 40
1st - Espy (Sonic)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
San Japan Brawl Tournament - Singles
No Thread
August 14th
Out of 40
1st - Espy (Sonic)

???

explain plz? No thread, but 1st place? I like it. why San Japan? lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No thread!? bawwww
what kind of tourney was that

good stuff nonetheless
???

explain plz? No thread, but 1st place? I like it. why San Japan? lol

It's like I said before in the Xat thread.

I got first place at a tournament this weekend.

But I'm probably not gonna put it in the results thread.

Because it was an anime convention...with scrubs...and all of Texas was at Oh Snap...and Meta Knight was banned...
I'll probably just color-code MK Banned tournaments- considering that 70% of tournaments in Texas are now Meta Knight Banned.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I hadn't realized people actually banned MK. I wish I had a collection of LOL cats. I'd aptly select one and post it right

here

I guess I'll have to ask someone else to do it for me.

HEY CAM, you seem like the kinda bloke that collects lolcat images. Post one up.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

I'm not amused either with MK-banned tourneys.

But anyway I'm going to be going to one last GameWorld tourney since the only thing I have to do at school that week is orientation, and then I'll have to settle/hope UNLV (University of Las Vegas Nevada) gets monthlies going because I can't make it to Gameworld on Mondays when the school year is on.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's like I said before in the Xat thread.
Xat THREAD? Unless you just mean Xat chat, lol...in which I barely visit anymore :/

@Toes - lmao, why? I actually don't, but thank Kinzer for bein' the man to help you out there xD

I too, disapprove of MK ban tournies.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I dunno, man. I just thought you might. STOP SWEATIN' ME!

Just give me a minute to get my story straight and I'll get back to you.

BTW, I'm not going to thank Kinzer because that lolcat has the exact opposite message I wanted to deliver. See? If it had been you, you wouldn't have messed up. I can feel it...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
BTW, I'm not going to thank Kinzer because that lolcat has the exact opposite message I wanted to deliver. See? If it had been you, you wouldn't have messed up. I can feel it...
Hm..too true. Here, I'll give it a try.

yes? no? eh?

@#$% why do I even bother?

It's hopeless!
/hope

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This thread needs a revival.

Gameworld weekly #10
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7173
August 24th, 2009
Out of 11:
5th - Kinzer (Sonic)

Quite a low turn-out. Such a shame, school started back on that Monday, it couldn't have been helped. I wouldn't have went at all if I had more work to do. All I had to do that day was just go to the campus, go through their standard procedure every year where they say some blah blah blah, and get out. If you went to the same home-schooling program I did, you'd then you have the rest of the week to get accustomed to how the online school system worked (and it's pretty much an extension of your Summer vacation). I would not expect much from me anytime soon (besides Labor Day weekend), and Tails couldn't even make it that day because his schedule at the University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) has him working the most on Mondays.

...You know, after having another Sonic main around in-tourneys, it felt rather lonely... But I would not let that stop me from getting where I got. Admittingly, that might've only been because there weren't that many pros to take me out early but you know, a tourney placing's a tourney placing.

As for how it went, well know I have some videos of the tourney matches. I didn't record all of them, and I'm rather angry about some I would love to show up, but I've only recently got a modified Wii. Now that I have infinite replay and somebody to get them online on Youtube, I'll start making a habit. Allow me to show you how some of the tourney went.

First opponent - Drex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylWOSm_gcx0 Round I, My Sonic Vs. his Lucario - Final Destination.

I'm not gonna offer commentary, you can clearly see what's going on, and what kind of a player he is (hint: very campy, not that I have any complaints; really!). Did anybody else notice the background music at the end? Nothing special about it, I think it's just funny.

The match he won on Frigate was not recorded. No, I'm not a little ol' @#$%^ who doesn't save matches he loses, I just didn't think about it, and neither did my opponent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQfyNNlAYTU&feature=related Round III, my Sonic Vs. his Lucario - Lylat Cruise.

Star Wolf is a rather fitting theme for this. As you could see, I was having trouble a majority of the video, and at some point when this was playing out, I questioned whether or not I could win it. I'm never going to CP Lylat against Lucario again, the stage attributes are just way too awkward to work with and I might as well have gone Battlefield. I need a better CP that's not FD. That's my problem, I (should) know where to CP characters, but in the heat of the moment, I don't think, I just go with my gut. While that's just dandy and all that, I really need to make it so that my CP gives me more to work with, that's the whole point of that mess!

Regardless, by just sheer luck I'd say (not even my skill, perhaps), I somehow pulled through in the end. Was it my mindgames? Maybe my opponent's lack of (still) playing the MU incorrectly? Did I actually capitalize on what Sonic could do? Somebody get back to me on this, I'd much appreciate it. I'm always looking forward to improving.

Gah, you should've been there, I was getting nervous through this whole set, and it did not help that Chill (you know him as Timbers on SWF) was there encouraging/coaching him when I had nobody to back me up. I'm rather used to being an outcast but I feel like people want me to lose if they don't say anything... :/ I dunno, is it better that people don't say anything than shouting ill-will of you (I'm going to go over this later)? This is why as much as I'd love to watch Tails' in-bracket sets and tell him what he's doing wrong on the spot, I don't (although I'm more than eager to see the match and tell him to stop doing this, because it's an intermission kind of thing).

I have much respect for Drex, for being able to play him once again. The last time we got to meet in-bracket was at SK92's Birthday smashfest at his house, and if y'all remember that I got my @#$ handed to me. I was looking forward to a rematch since we were evenly matched in-bracket and I wanted to settle it for now... I'm glad to see I've traversed a long road of improvement since then. Even if you can find as many disclaimers as you possibly could to discredit the set, I am still rather happy that I came through victorious. Malcolm I'm wearing (y)our tag high and proud against all odds and showing everybody else that Sonic can make it on his own. Never forget that I still respect you as a highly skilled player and that if you ever come back to maining Sonic there will always be a fanboy.

...Gotta save the speeches for later though, I'm not done yet. God @#$% though Drex was probably the hardest fight through-out that whole tourney, ignore the fact that I won/lost other games/sets, this is the one that wore me down really hard.

My next opponent is Kirrrby. She doesn't normally play MK, but you know, she decided to bust it out for whatever reason. Perhaps she thought it'd be easier to defeat me with MK than Birky... however as you'll see later, I have too much experience with playing against other well-known MK players and while the videos clearly show that her MK gave me more run for my money than her Birky; I have more trouble with it just because I might be a little inexperienced in that MU, the MU is actually more difficult to handle than MK, or Kirrrby... just plays a better Birky.

Yes, that's right, I call Kirby Birky, you can thank Dazwa for the inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABku2E_fXQM&feature=channel Round I, my (normal) Sonic Vs. her Meta Knight - Deadlands Battlefield.

Knight of the Wind fits rather well with the barren environment, and considering Knight of the Wind in Brawl < Knight of the gay. You know, since it had to be recorded on Tails' Wii, he has the fire suit enabled, but when I was playing the set, that wasn't there... meh, I just don't like tampering with the original costume of characters (with the exception of Ganondorf's who will now be known as King Leonidas from this day forward), but Tails has his reasons for doing it, and he put them up for me. It's not too much to baw about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDyseREnu3w&feature=channel Round II, my (Super) Sonic Vs. her Birky - Frigate Orpheon.

As you saw before, I didn't want to go Super yet because for whatever reason, people don't like to use their main character against me. With that said, I wanted to come off as just "Alright, if you want go full power against me, I don't need to kick it up a notch, let's see if you're worth the trouble on the recoil!" If you quote me word by word, you see how I did work this match. Again, I won't give specific commentary on how the match, but after this match I'm off to play my next opponent in winners.

Go figure, I've been meaning to get a rematch with LeoFTW and his Wario.

But again I get *********** and he has to use his Mario.

Honestly, not that I mind (somewhat) easy wins, but why is it that I can't help but assume people are sandbagging when they see a Sonic... my Sonic?! Nah n***a you best bring yo A-game, I'm not having that @#$%, I'll wreck your toushe if you don't otherwise!

...Oh wait, that one match of the set that I did save with Leo isn't up yet... oh well, I showed him that I meant business when I won the first match (get ***** A2, special shout-out for you). I'm much more interested in playing his Wario again and seeing how I've come since the last time he was close to JV-3 stockin' me. Turns out, he still buttrapes me and I probably STILL don't play the MU correctly, but you know, I'm tryin' to step up mah game, 'cause Malcolm told me what to do over AIM, and I failed him even with his assistance. I'm a loser and I should go become an hero.

...Or maybe not, since my definition of buttrape was just him going down to one stock mid percent... There might still be hope for me afterall, I can redeem myself as a Knight of the Wind and take the advice of my master more closer to heart... I'm not giving up yet, I've done too much, come too far, and although I didn't think I'd ever do so, I now serve as inspiration for what might be more than one other Sonic fanboy (speak up now or forever hold your peace Kinzer fanbase! *cricket sounds* ... meh).

Well, after I lost to Leo, I checked the bracket, and was rather bawsome about seeing how Drex was my next (potential? I can't remember) opponent... again. You know, I complained to Vic about how I had to do this again 'cause the set, as you saw earlier, was rough. However I did not mean to come off as me wanting to fight somebody else, I just wanted to QQ just because I could... but you know, Vic then switched the bracket so I would fight Fluxus instead... how/why? Even though I might've been discouraged further by the fact that I just got done losing to Leo, and having to see Drex for yet another showdown, I would've been able to go in head first with my head held high and all that stuff... did Vic do me a favor or did he just do what anybody else in the same situation would've been dealt with (standard procedure)...?

"I didn't want to ask", that's what Tails would've said if this was him. I'm like "oh, so I don't need to fight Drex again? phew!" I wasn't going to ruin an opportunity by being a douche about taking something for granted.

Fluxus is a MK player, and at the time I didn't know that, or whatever was up. He just moved from Colorado not too long before the tourney, so I thought he was just some random... Boy did I get a wake-up call. Never again will I under-estimate a player this LATE in the bracket. I could understand maybe sandbagging somebody at the start because mostly the pros are seeded to eliminate the randoms/scrubs/not-so-good players, but I should've known better than to be an idiot and a jerk with Fluxus. This same guy offered to be my doubles partner when the tourney was getting ready to start, and I didn't feel like teaming up with somebody I didn't know. Although I regret it now, I was probably right in my choice because I've had one too many experience with getting somebody who sucks that I've never seen before and I didn't feel like paying another $5 just to lose. Why must my luck with doubles be Sakurai'd, why oh why oh why oh why!?

Well, now this is only one more person I look forward to teaming up with again, and if I'm given the chance again, I'll be more than happy to partner up with him for doubles and wreck @#$%, knowing that I would not be making a mistake with him. His MK was unique in the playstyle, and how I wish we would've recorded the matches on my SD card, but other people were playing it at the time so we had to settle for something that was available as to not delay the tournament.

The wall of text does not end there. After the tourney was over, I challenged Leo to a $5 MM. I wasn't expecting to win, and I didn't. The point of the MM was to just get his attention and being able to record the set and get it up online for critique. If life were and RPG, irony just critically hit me for 9,001 points of damage, because I only remember to save the last match. I was going to ask him to play a couple of extra matches with me, but it was late, everybody else had left, and I think he wanted to do more than beat down on some lesser skilled, lesser tiered character player. If anything, I found out I was consistent in my loses. I always brought him down to last stock all matches, and I know with a little bit more of a drive/push to start beating him, I can. Captain Obama on my Wii agrees.

That's it for that tournament, I have yet to given commentary from the week before, but I'm getting lazy, and I think I'll just talk about how yesterday went.

Remember UNLV? Normally I wouldn't be able to go to the student lounge on Thursdays and meet up with the Vegassmashers who are students in the lounge to play some Brawl; considering schoolwork and mom not being off that day, but I got all of it done the day before and mom took the week off with pay, so it was the perfect opportunity to get some MOAR! practice in. So I did. Tails is a student there, so he helped me get to the lounge, since the campus is rather huge and easy to get lost in. A shame he could not stay the whole time I was there though, but he was there for a little bit. We did some dubs, I played with some scrubs, and lost my A1 Steaksauce bottle 'cause of some bub.

Yeah, I'm making it rhyme, let me go in order alright? I know some of you will be in shock but stick around and listen to my tale.

The lounge was a great place to be, it had big ol' T.V.s to play on, granted the screens where a bit fuzzy, dark, and one T.V. would just have color seizures (but it didn't have lag whereas the other one that was available and had Brawl on it did, or so others were saying, I didn't notice any), but one could manage. It was especially great seeing a lot of willing people, and some were pretty good even though I don't see them at the tourneys often... others I cannot say the same about. God there was this one guy who wanted to play FFAs because "doubles are too one-sided." I'm like "fine, no problem, it's a nice change of pace (although I wasn't too happy about it 'cause I wanted to get dubs going), but I'm not going Sonic in FFAs because it's just silly." That's all in my head of course, I didn't say anything outloud... or until I heard the same guy call out commands for people to go after one individual person (me, GD it!). I'm sitting there playing and going "WTF?!" at the epic amounts of hypocrisy. Good thing he didn't stay for too long after, I wasn't going to put up with it after a while, especially not on a T.V. that would be flickering with the wrong colors every other nano-second.

Anyway, it was good to see some familiar faces, and some I haven't seen in quite some time. It was so fun to see everybody just chillin' and havin' some good ol' fashion no pressure Brawlin' (well okay, we did kind of have to win if we wanted to stay on the T.V., so that was something at stake/Steak). Always good tp play in groups and for lulz, lik with this guy who plays a nasty Ganon for example.

I went on a walk with Z, that "Anther of the West Coast", and the leader of the panelist of the local power rankings. He explained to me that in a tl:dr version can be summed up in "as long as I go solo Sonic, miss out on tourneys, and not place top 5 in tourneys with lots of the good Vegassmash players, being on the power ranking will be almost impossible at this rate." However that won't stop me, I can feel it in me that I can make it in there, and I will be the third person in this country (I think 1st and 2nd being X and Camalange respectively, if there's anybody else let me know) to get solo Sonic on such a list.

Now for something completely unrelated to just getting better, I got to meet this girl who is semi-active in the Vegassmash community. Out of all our female fatalletes or however it's spelled, this rose is the one most thorny (don't cut out that 't' you pervert!). I say semi-active because I almost never see her at tourneys. In fact, other than S.I.N., I've only seem her in meet-ups/game nights, and I don't think she even entered S.I.N. Regardless, she has a Wolf that is one not to be sneezed at. She's also pretty hype and lulzy at times too, still somewhat like all the others who don't play this game (too) seriously, which is good 'cause I don't think I'd be able to coup with that as well if it were any different. How cool would it be to see her in a tourney setting though, just 'cause it would be like catching a Blue Moon.

Anyway I think I'm in love with her. Hehe, not because of being good at smash or because of her looks (even though she's easy on the eyes), but rather because she saved my A1 Steaksauce bottle from being lost and my spirit forever crushed. While I was on that walk with Z, somebody must've mistaken the bottle for being done with and just tossed it in the garbage... well either that, or somebody REALLY hates the Sonic boards custom, but I don't think that is, since everybody knows the guy that did it and I assume he's a good guy. Things were looking hopeless 'cause that Steaksauce is my source of power/luck/lulz, and without it I was/am nothing... knowing that it has been shamed with such disgrace, I broke down. :( I also happen to be too much of a clean neat freak and a wuss, shifting through all the scum and whatever else was in that garbage can, I feared that my smash career was over. Some people say/said how I should've just got another bottle, but I would never part with the first bottle of A1 and nothing would ever be able to replace it. I could not bare to go any deeper in that can, which sucked 'cause it somehow ended up being in the bottom, and I felt like crying... there are few things that can get me to that point, and just as I was about to collapse on a wall, she came around the corner and came to the rescue. It's silly I know, but somehow she found it rather fast, and handed it to me.

..."That's not Steaksauce that's on the bottle..." I thought, when looking at the pink/brown stuff that was now on my bottle. As soon as I got it back, you can bet that I asked where was the nearest washroom, and ran as fast as the wind could carry me to rinse off the gunk. After I got out of the restroom, I went back to the lounge to check up on her, but she was no where to be seen... for a couple of seconds. She was in another bathroom washing her hands... understandable. I wanted to give her proper thanks, but I couldn't come up with the right things to say or something to do to display my gratitude... now I feel broken because I couldn't say anything then. Even more depressing is that she asked me for my auto-graph before the ordeal. Why she wanted it, I don't know, I'm just Random Sonic Guy, but I guess it was for that, she requested. Even though it might've been for lulz/a small fanbase, I failed at that. Why is it that I can't do anything right?! Like trying to get Green Hill Zone in SA2B with all A-ranks, I just couldn't/cant get it done no matter how hard I try! :( I doubt she wants it after that whole event and realization of my true self... in-person. :-/

...No that that's out of my chest, that's it. Did I already say how I had a tourney before this reported one that Tails' happened to report earlier? I believe I did, and I think I also said how I am too lazy to get to that right now... maybe sometime later I can go over it, but that tourney felt too "meh", and nothing too special to go out of my way to write down, but again I'll see if I can at least say something.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Sorry I couldn't come to Gameworld Weekly Tournament because of my school schedule. I probably won't be going too much anymore because of my schedule with school. Most likely I'll be going to the one on Labor Day since no school and I might be bored of Anime Vegas that happens on that weekend.

It felt so nice that I wasn't the only Sonic main yesterday at UNLV since I'm the only Sonic main there. Sorry to hear what happen to your A1 Steaksauce bottle. I don't he threw it away because of his hate for Sonic board custom. He probably doesn't know what the steakbottle means for Sonic anyway...since I didn't know before until you told me a while back (sorry being be a complete n00b). I'm just glad you had a great time there yesterday at UNLV.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated. Also, red text will now represent MK Banned Tournaments.

If there's any MK banned tournaments that have already happened that aren't in the results, please notify me so I can make the changes as soon as possible.

Not that there's many tournaments going around with MK banned, but several areas (pretty much Texas, lol) has MK banned tournaments atm, so this is just a small change.

Mmhmm.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I think test your might 2 or 3 was MK banned. I think it was Test Your Might 2.

Also

Step Yo Game Up Cleveland 6
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247027
August 30, 2009
Out of 19
4th - Ithrowthings (Sonic)

I got revenge against Beegs and SFG at this. SFG beat me like over a year ago in loser's finals by wall infiniting me with DDD on Corneria. He went MK and Snake against me and didn't realize that those are my easier matchups.

Beegs went Marth and wasn't playing too hot. He usually beats me in tourney but rarely in friendlies does he win. After that I had to fight Blue Rogue (Wario) and I took the "it's hopeless" approach. Managed to get him to last stock, almost kill % both games. Blue Rogue is just too much of a Sonic slayer. He used to main sonic and now he mains wario, he just knows every last way to rip your game apart.

In Loser's I fought ArgentStew and he usually beats me because I become predictable. I became super unpredictable and got him to 3rd game, last sock, 150%. Then I ran into an fsmash that I didn't perfect shield and died. I'll get him next time.

Anywho, you guys should come to TYM 7, it's gonna be amazing.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You should also come and get A Taste of Buffalo.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243828

i can almost guarantee that youll make money if you are halfway decent
A Taste of Buffalo II

1)Pika (Pika)
2)Markinzer Man X (Sonic)

3)Jinjo (Kirby)
4)XXX(Diddy,Wario)
5)Asylum(Snake)
5)Kishire(DK,FOX)
7)SSJ(Diddy Kong)
7)XI NITRO I
9)OBAMA/Marth126
9)infzy
9)MERC
9)Daywalker
13)Kozimoto
13)Ryoto
13)Mcnabb
13)Jimmie
17) tommy
17)13370
17) Phlawless
17)Chef
17)O.M.R
17)Jordan

wow...you're right...lmao.
I should go to this

infzy, that's unacceptable.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I attended a couple of tournaments during the Labor day weekend. Here we go. I hope you don't mind if I post the double matches as well.

AnimeVegas 2009! Proudly brings you Brawl (Singles)
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6273
September 6, 2009
Out of 98
9th - Tails (Sonic)

AnimeVegas 2009! Proudly brings you Brawl (Doubles)
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6272
September 6, 2009
Out of 24
5th - Tails (Sonic) and Lonnie (Kirby)

VegasSmash Weekly Brawl Tourneys @ Gameworld #12 (Doubles)
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6275
September 7, 2009
Out of 11
9th - Tails (Sonic) and Kinzer (Sonic)

I hope Kinzer doesn't mind me posting his single results
VegasSmash Weekly Brawl Tourneys @ Gameworld #12 (Singles)
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6274
Out of 21
13th - Kinzer (Sonic)

Sorry for not posting what happened earlier. Was kinda lazy at UNLV when I posted the results and my battery on my laptop was about to die on me.

@Anime Vegas
This is by far the largest tournament I attended since it was free if you were attending Anime Vegas. Due to the size of the tournament and time restrictions, singles were done with 8 pool brackets and only the winner of each pool advances to the finals. For doubles, they did a normal bracket which both were single elimination. I was kinda nervous since it was my first tournament that was single elimination. During the tournament, I was wearing my new Tails cosplay hat. I think when Vic said my name, everyone was cheering...mostly all of the VegasSmash members or because they heard the name "Tails".

For my pool bracket, I had a bye in the first round since Vic, the tournament organizer, pretty much made sure that most of the VegasSmash members don't play each other in the first round. With that bye, I had a chance to watch my opponent I had to play in the next round. This person named Ranma played Sonic. I was watching him to see how his gameplay is with Sonic. He wasn't too bad, but I noticed many mistakes when he played against Snake. Before I had to play against him, I did fell pretty good since I had many Sonic ditto matches against Kinzer so I'm kinda use to doing Sonic dittos

Now my first set was against Ranma. When I went straight to Sonic and he had the feeling I was a Sonic main, he was kinda hesitating if he should use Sonic against me. But he did in our first match. I easily beat him with two stocks. In the second match he decided to switch to Lucario. Went to Final Destination. I did some stupid moves, but I still was able to win against him at the end with 1 stock remaining.

My second set I played was against Dave, which I believe he was an employee at Gameworld since his badge said "Dealer" with Gameworld on it. Anyway, he played Fox on me...which could of been obvious to me since he was cosplaying as Fox. In our first match we went to Battlefield. He side B suicide on the stage on his first stock then when he tried to recover, he accidentally side B instead of up B on his last stock. I also won our second match as well...sorry...memory kinda bad right now.

My final set I had to play was against Z. I was really happy to play against him because he finally used Pikachu against me. Last time I played him in tournament he used Falco (which I didn't mind too much), but I got very annoyed when he played Luigi and saying wanted to practice Luigi against me. First match he won...two stocked me. For the next match, I CPed YI:B on him. I don't know what happened but he got pushed off the edge then he did a dair. Both of us were still at 0% when that happened. Oh well, but got it though and still won at the end.

In my pool bracket, I ended up in second but overall I ended up in 9th. Most of the players were not tournament regular tourney players, just normal Brawl players. I felt very happy though.

For doubles, I was originally wasn't going to do doubles because I didn't feel like it, but my friend Lonnie asked me because her partner and boyfriend Charles (TMech) had to take Kareem (JWN3d) home. So I decided to team up with her since played with each other in teams at UNLV many times so I know her gameplay.

Our first set was against this team called Team Meteor. They used Lucas and Snake for the whole match. We lost the first match. During the second match all 4 of noticed that something wasn't right. I tried to attack Lonnie, but nothing was happening. We noticed that team attack was turned off. So we paused it and ask Vic what to do. He said just play it. Because of that, me and Lonnie won. Immediately we turn team attack on then did the final match. We won that one as well

For our second set, were we suppose to play against Skat and Gao, but we didn't because Gao was in line for an autograph from a voice actor/actress. Because of that, Skat decided to forfeit the match. So it was an easy win.

Our last set we played against Holy Serpent and Popo. I forgot who they played, but at the end we lost 2-0.

Overall, we got 5th place in teams. I was so happy because I finally broke my losing streak in doubles since I never won a set in double since I started to attend tournaments. All I can say what happened at that tournament, pure VegasSmash. All of the 1st place winners in each pool were VegasSmash members and a majority of 2nd place in brackets were VegasSmash members.

@Gameworld
I only enter doubles since I was kinda short on money because of Anime Vegas...spent way too much for Sonic items (about $100 worth of Sonic items). Kinzer decided to team up since no one else was available. If I couldn't team up with someone...I would of had left the tournament and not bother entering. Our team name was "OMG, watch out, it's a Tails doll" because I was wearing my Tails cosplay hat.

For our first set, we had to play was a team called Ghetto Boys. We won both matches. We both killed ourselves on Jungle Japes on our first stock.

Our second set was against Z and LeoFTW. We lost the first match. The second one was a good one since we picked YI:B. Kinzer was still alive after I died, even taking one life from him. Somehow, Z and LeoFTW kept screwing around, Leo accidently killed Z resulting me and Kinzer to win that match. We lost against them in Castle Siege. At least they didn't chaingrab to blast zone to use since they were using King D3 and Falco.

For our last set, we played against Chill and Drex. In the first match, Kinzer committed suicide on Final Destination. We lost since I have a hard time on 2 against 1 matches especially it was a double Lucario. The second one we won because we did grab release to Sonic Punch at the end. Sadly we lost on the final match because once again it came up to be a 2 against 1 match and I was the one still alive.

Kinzer was mad at himself when we lost that set. Since I message Kinzer alot, he probably heard me say this multiple times. Don't worry about it. It was just an accident. I'm just glad that we also broke our losing streak in doubles since we started to team up with each other.

Since I didn't enter singles, Kinzer was the only Sonic main who enter. I'll allow Kinzer to explain his story in singles and on doubles. All I can say is that he had to play against Z again and he did save the matches. I will post them onto my YouTube account this weekend since I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be back until Friday so I won't be able to record and upload them until Friday the earliest.

At the end...we still ended up tied in last place because the team we won against had a bye in the loser bracket.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't post the matches I used MK and I/we lost Tails.

*Sigh*.

Anyway, I'll talk about how my perspective of the tourney was sometime later.

...Oh, it's already 8-11 P.M. you say?

Well, then by later, I mean whenever I feel like it, because I'm rather depressed about it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Don't post the matches I used MK and I/we lost Tails.

*Sigh*.

Anyway, I'll talk about how my perspective of the tourney was sometime later.

...Oh, it's already 8-11 P.M. you say?

Well, then by later, I mean whenever I feel like it, because I'm rather depressed about it.

^^^^
kinzer mad cus he got styled on...

Top Bottom