• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACL Sydney, Videos Are up Link in OP

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I haven't seen you at a tournament in, like, 1-2 years. Or did you come to one of the YSBs and my memory is just awful? Either way, you're always welcome; more competitive brawl players is a good thing XD
I went to a meet half a year ago; but more importantly I went to BAM 6 and got 5th place. :D

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I really wanna attend but the cost intimidates me and I have a match on 19th...
This is why I stick to wifi (T_T)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
How healthy is the setup count? I have two CRTs at home that I could bring, but they're fairly large/heavy so I'd need some help moving them.

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
NSW Brawl is pretty much me, Shaya, Zxv, Lux and occasionally Scoot. The Canberra Brawl scene is a fairly decent size though thanks to Tin Man reinvigorating it; I'd imagine most of them will try to make the trip up.
@Shaya just told me yesterday that he's for the most part over long tournaments :(. Doesn't look like he'll reach ACL

NSW's last Brawl tournament had 7 entrants
Was this YSB? Where are the results posted?

The only ACT brawl players that will come up would be TinMan and possibly Apollo.
Not true! 7 Canberra smashers went to BAM 6 xD. As far as ACT/NSW Brawl goes, the scene is very very small but I do see a lot of potential in it. In the ACT, Brawl players overall just need more consistency in attendance because very often the entrants at each tournament are very different. If every person who ever entered one of my Brawl tournaments all showed up to one, I estimate 16 entrants. On top of that there would be NSW cross over. Not sure how NSW Brawl is like since iunno if YSB hosts the game regularly, nor do I know where they upload results.

As far as some more ACT (smashers in general, not just Brawl) coming to ACL goes, it would be nice if we had some more info to work off of such as schedule and prices for venue/events.

And can anyone house? This would help A LOT :)

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Maybe its because ACT tournaments these days are missing what made them so good (heres a subtle hint: its me) ;)

Gords

Smash Champion
ACL Sydney 2014 is only 3 weeks away
Online registration has now started.
please go to
http://www.aclpro.com.au/2014/events/sydney/acl-sydney
and register for the games you will be participating in.

If you dont have a doubles partner yet dont worry about it, just put TBA in that section of the form. Partners can be organized on the day. If your not registering for doubles at all put NA in that spot

Expect more details this week.

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
turns out I have family things on that weekend so will be unlikely to make it.
will definitely try to come up sometime soon though *_*

Gords

Smash Champion
I don't know what's going on I mean, it won't let me register for tournament and website
yeah i dont know why people are having troubles, is it giving you any error messages, what exactly happens when you try to register.
i will ask the ACL guys about it and get back to you.

Captain Scar

Smash Rookie
yeah i dont know why people are having troubles, is it giving you any error messages, what exactly happens when you try to register.
i will ask the ACL guys about it and get back to you.
For the website, they said they'll email me to verify my account but nothing was sent, then for the tournament, i click submit then it said "Please wait" for over an hour.

Gords

Smash Champion
Ill see what I can do Dekar. Im trying to sort out housing at the moment.

If worst comes to worst i could house more people if they wish to sleep on a crowded floor. The already confirmed players at mine would get the coaches and the bed though.

Gords

Smash Champion
If anyone has CRT TVs I can use at ACL please message me.
I can arrange pick up and drop off if you cant get them there.

Also I require Homebrew enabled Wii for Project M with NTSC Brawl, so if you are able to bring those also let me know. Dont worry if you dont have the latest PM version or PM at all just make sure you have an SD card for me to put the files on. And an external hard drive if that is how you run NTSC brawl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Does anyone need housing? If so, feel free to contact me, I've got a comfortable space.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I like, absolutely need to know when exactly Brawl stuff will be run if possible. If this is exclusively on the weekend with manageable times I'll definitely be able to make it, but I can't if it conflicts with school because they won't want me to take an extra day off school to go to a tournament. :/

So yeah, if anyone knows the times, that'd be appreciated. I checked the website itself but couldn't find anything. :(

Gords

Smash Champion
I like, absolutely need to know when exactly Brawl stuff will be run if possible. If this is exclusively on the weekend with manageable times I'll definitely be able to make it, but I can't if it conflicts with school because they won't want me to take an extra day off school to go to a tournament. :/

So yeah, if anyone knows the times, that'd be appreciated. I checked the website itself but couldn't find anything. :(
ACL is Saturday and Sunday only, so unless you go to school on weekends it shouldnt conflict with anything.
As for what times each event will be run, I will most likely post a rough schedule early next week.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay great, so far looking really good. The register list for Brawl looks really small though haha, so sad. =P

Thanks gords. ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Is there an event schedule up?

EDIT: yes, thanks. haha

Last edited:

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Is there a timetable for Saturday? I tried clicking the one in the description but it came up with 'error', since I have work later in the day and was wondering how much I'll be able to attend in the time I will be there.

Gords

Smash Champion
Is there a timetable for Saturday? I tried clicking the one in the description but it came up with 'error', since I have work later in the day and was wondering how much I'll be able to attend in the time I will be there.
should have fixed the OP and posted on Facebook as well, what time are you needed at work and where?
pools for melee should finish around 4:30pm

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
should have fixed the OP and posted on Facebook as well, what time are you needed at work and where?
pools for melee should finish around 4:30pm

I start at 6, so I need to be home about 5-5:30, meaning I need to leave around 3-30-4, I have to check transport tonight, but I'll come anyway, and hopefully pools will work out just fine!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Out of curiosity, will Brawl singles still use a pools system if there's less than 20 entrants? Or will it be straight up bracket? Just thinking, if the event ends up being relatively small and it's smoother to run it all on the day, there may be benefits to that. However, if peeps still want to run it on both days then i'm still happy with that 100%. ^^

EDIT: Don't worry about the streaming question I checked the OP again haha. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom