• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Traumatic Experience

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
You know, you should be a writer Lombardi.

I understand not wanting to kill a bug.
BUt most of the time I don't kill it because I don't care. My policy for bugs is stay off my bed, stay out of my food, and God help you if you crawl anywhere near me. Otherwise a spider can walk my walls freely.

I was once outside and TWICE some bug thing landed on my leg. I freaked out because it looked like a spider but it was greyish and had different colors.

You sir have made every part of me that wants a cat to run away.

And holy crap, that spider up there (that picture of the huge one) freaked me out.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You think spiders are bad? Try living in the San Joaquin valley! Black widows, and moths.

One night, my family and I were just watching TV in the living room, minding our own business. Our neighbor Dakota rings the doorbell and, of course, I have to answer the door. I open it.

A huge moth comes flying into the doorway. I know, you're thinking "oh, slightly larger than average."

NO.

This thing was a MUTANT. It had a 2-inch wingspan and was as big around as my THUMB.

The thing flies in my face, and before you know it, I'm running down the hallway screaming "Holy $#!T!"

Thankfully, it died out in the three-season room overnight, and we incinerated the remains the next day.

EDIT: Bad description of the wingspan. It was actually 3 inches.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
You know, you should be a writer Lombardi.
Actually, that's what I want to do for a living. Thanks! :)

!! Two inches is not that big !!

That's two inches. A moth's wingspan is usually about 1 and a half. It was a bit bigger than normal, but not like the huge beast you described. If you meant that each wing was two inches, then that would be a big moth.

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
I think it's real, buut it's not just one spider, there are two there.
Yea... whoever said it was fake, get your facts straight, really...

theres an order of the Arachnida class called

Arachnida Solifugae

these insects are not really technically considered"spiders" but creatures in the same class as spiders AKA scorpions or other things like that

and yes, they are real, but the ones the size of those in the picture are only in the middle east.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I had a traumatic experience, and it has nothing to do with bugs. It has to do with some total stranger making a smashboards thread about my facebook account. >___>

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Actually, that's what I want to do for a living. Thanks! :)

!! Two inches is not that big !!

That's two inches. A moth's wingspan is usually about 1 and a half. It was a bit bigger than normal, but not like the huge beast you described. If you meant that each wing was two inches, then that would be a big moth.
That's what I meant. I'm not good at descriptions.

Seriously. The thing was huge.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
You think spiders are bad? Try living in the San Joaquin valley! Black widows, and moths.

One night, my family and I were just watching TV in the living room, minding our own business. Our neighbor Dakota rings the doorbell and, of course, I have to answer the door. I open it.

A huge moth comes flying into the doorway. I know, you're thinking "oh, slightly larger than average."

NO.

This thing was a MUTANT. It had a 2-inch wingspan and was as big around as my THUMB.

The thing flies in my face, and before you know it, I'm running down the hallway screaming "Holy $#!T!"

Thankfully, it died out in the three-season room overnight, and we incinerated the remains the next day.
Oh my god, this is the best post I've ever read! I laughed so hard, this really made my day. :laugh:

Anyway, I can't kill insects, I would just feel bad. Stepping on something that's running for its life away from me because it's terrified and thinks that I'm going to kill it, would just feel wrong. I just capture them and put them outside. And if they probably end up dying outside, well tough it's survival of the fittest *****.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well..

when I was learning how to drive my first car, I was driving smoothly from the gtrocery store all the way to mt house, but just when it got time to park in front of my garage, I enterd into the driveway and closed in, but when it got time to switch the lever to park I accendly stepped on the accelarator and midly bumped into the garge door which scared the hell out of me and couldn't sleep that night, luckly though it was just a mild scratch on my car which btw was an Accord,

also I hate cockroaches, especially at night when they sneak up at you which one time happen to me which was freky as hell

Red Exodus

Smash Master
For some reason cockroaches scare me the most. They're so agile and they fly at the most random times. Since they're so flat they can squeeze under my front door so I find them at my computer more often than not and it creeps me out because sometimes I'd hear something move and when a turn around it's right there.

Other than that I hate centipedes and grasshoppers. Anything that's fast and or can fly freaks me out.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Cockroaches are the only bugs that don't faze me in the slightest. Moths, hornets, and dragonflies scare the life out of me, though.

Johnyboy

Smash Rookie
I'm scared of all bugs, except butterflies. My li'l brother found a huge spider on the wall next to his bed when he was sleeping.

I hate spiders the most

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Oh yeah, I just remembered the most traumatic experience I've ever had in my life. I MEAN IT.

Okay, so there was this thread about Scientology. One of the posts linked to a video: "The Unfunny Truth About Scientology." The epic yet somewhat creepy music added to the "this is going to be hard for me to watch" feeling. After having that feeling for about two minutes or so, two pictures of a girl who died because of fanatic Scientologists was shown. Guess what? It was her dead body, HER ****ING ZOMBIE FACE STARING RIGHT AT ME.

I automatically scrolled down, my heart leapt and started pounding, and I clicked back immediately. I was even afraid to stay inside a room without other people in it. Just twisted, I tell you. Thanks to this experience, those pictures have been BURNED INTO MY RETINAS, and now when I try to go to sleep every night, I see that horrible, evil, dead face staring at me. I will not lie; it has caused me to become scared and paranoid every night, and makes it harder for me to go to sleep.

Scientologists can go burn now.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Sly fox, that's almost exactly the same thing that happened to me, except mine is a little stranger.

I clicked on this supposedly scary youtube video from the youtube topic. There's a painting of a girl that looks normal, but it freaked me out. It just was scary for me, plus it was 1AM and nobody else was awake. And, to add to all that, there was this really creepy music in the background. So then it changes to some text, saying stuff about a girl painting a picture of herself before committing suicide. Then, the most horrific moment came. It switched back to the painting, except now it was shaking and blurry, and it just looked terrifying. My heart was beating like a drum roll and I just had to look away. I couldn't bring myself to look at the screen again, and I didn't think of scrolling down, being so scared. So I covered the screen with my hand and clicked back.

Then it went into this whole thing about suicide and not being able to look at the picture for long and other junk. But when the picture shook, I was horrified.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mTmwBhLMlFg&feature=related Watch at night

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
Sorry dude.
I didn't see anything.
Then again I get bored easily.
But it was a bit creepy. When I read the description I could see the changes on the girl's face.
It was scary, but I bet my mind was just playing with me.
I also stopped watching because I absolutley hate screamers, and I was terrified it would turn out to be one. DX
Probably the worst, most terrifying part of the experience for me was that I turned off the video's sound, then all of a sudden my friend on AIM logs off and logs back on. The AIM sound scared the **** out of me.

Now about bugs again. (Nice change in topic DX)
A bug was crawling on my arm last night when I was in bed. I quickly got it off of me, but I can never sleep easily when it comes to bugs on my bed.
Worst part was when I was logging off to go to bed, one of my friends (a different one) IMed me and said good night stuff, and our conversation basically ended with her saying something about bed bugs.
That's a lil scary.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Haha, it isn't a screamer, I swear. Just check the comments - Nobody said "Holy ****! WYF Was dat?!" Besides, I wouldn't do that, being the nice member that I am.

However, when I was ten, I played that scary maze game. It was my first experience with a screamer, and it scared the living crap outta me.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Spiders really are frightening... can't stand 'em! Nothing in nature should have that many legs. I can't even play Animal Crossing: Wild World at night in the summer anymore because I'm too afraid of all of the tarantulas, scorpions, and moths... :(

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Holy hell, I just survived an encounter with the largest bug I've seen in my house in years. It was this 3"-4" long centi/millipede type thing (I don't think it was a centipede, the legs were too narrow), and it moved faster than anything that small should be allowed to move. I know that bugs this size are probably normal in some regions, and even larger bugs are normal in other regions, but for my area/house, it was huge. Much bigger than anything I'd like to deal with. I was able to capture and release it, but it almost escaped a couple times.
Just the other day, I had to deal with the biggest spider I've ever seen in my house.
All these creatures seem to be out in force lately.

I guess I should be thankful though; in my old house, where I lived until I was about 9, we'd sometimes find disgusting 6" long centipedes. My mom would kill them with RAID. The variety of RAID she used was the orange can, and the spray had this very distinct, unpleasant smell to it. Every time I smell that, the thought of those centipedes pops into my head instinctively. As a result, I avoid the orange can and opt for the fragrant "House and Garden" green can now. RAID is a last resort though, because the stuff is annoying to clean up.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
lol is it in new zealand where there isnt any insects.
p.s. i cud b grossly misinformed on this subject matter

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
did you know the average human will eat about 8 spiders in their lifetime while sleeping scary huh
That statistic also counts for those who live in unsanitary houses or live in rural country/village areas around the world.

While an African child may eat 16 spiders throughout his life sleeping on the cold hard ground, I may live without eating a single spider in America.

0 + 16 = 8 average.

Seriously, these statistics don't even account for the modern lifestyle or the area people live in. I'm sure if you keep your house sanitary, there won't be any such case of spider eating in your sleep.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Actually, those statistics are made up.

I still don't understand why people continue to fall for that "8 spiders" thing.

Darkslash

Smash Master
wonder what would happen if you went up against Armogohma in Twilight Princess.

Any ways i used to have a thing for Spiders, until i ran into one. Now if its huge I usually stab the thing to death with a pointy stick.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I have nightmares where I'm in a sort of dark jungle, and I keep feeling a weird mash of different bugs legs. I wake up flailing my limbs, and in a cold sweat. Thankfully those are rare, and I live in MI where there are very few large bugs. That giant spider pic scares the crap outta me, seriously I'm pulling my legs off of the floor just someone else said. Armogohma, and the spider from OOT (even though spiders scare the crap out of me), didn't really freak me out. I think it's the "medium" size spiders that get to me. If I ran into a real Armogohma I honestly don't think I'd be as scared, assuming I'm armed of course.

Oh, and a really traumatic bug experience. I had to spend the night in a little cabin that was swarming with bugs. Wasps were everywhere in there!. It was also burning in that cabin so between the bugs and the heat, I was not getting to sleep. I kept the lanturn on, so they'd be drawn towards it, and pulled out the DS to distract myself. I played until about 4 AM. I was so tired then, that I actually tried to get some sleep, and somehow managed to get in a couple hours. Ugh! You always feel like there's a bug on you! It was one very scary night.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh, I hate bugs. Especially spiders. Worst part is, I'm a guy, and so when I'm around girls they all expect me to kill it and I want to say "Do I have to...?"

I had a pretty traumatic experience about a week ago. I woke up in the middle of the night and wanted something to drink, so I got up and went to the sink to get a drink. I grab a cup and put it near the sink and turn the water on when I suddenly see a HUGE spider. I wouldn't say it was as big as the one you described, but it wasn't much smaller. I froze up. I didn't know how I was supposed to kill it in a curved sink, I didn't want to let it get away, and I couldn't ignore it and go back to sleep because I'd have to face it eventually or it would find me and bite me or something. I kind of sat there for about 15 minutes debating what to do, and it started moving a little bit (it had pretty much frozen in place) so I ran and got a shoe and came back. It got out of the sink and was running FAST, so I had to act fast. I quickly slammed it with the shoe, killing it. I put it in a tissue and flushed it down the toilet.

Took me about a half an hour to fall asleep again.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Ugh. I work out in the desert-- it's Tarantula's migratory season... they pop out every once in a while and scare the hell out of me.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
That statistic also counts for those who live in unsanitary houses or live in rural country/village areas around the world.

While an African child may eat 16 spiders throughout his life sleeping on the cold hard ground, I may live without eating a single spider in America.

0 + 16 = 8 average.

Seriously, these statistics don't even account for the modern lifestyle or the area people live in. I'm sure if you keep your house sanitary, there won't be any such case of spider eating in your sleep.
my bad i just read it somewhere and assumed it was true sounded plausible enough

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I don't directly kill any insects unless it wants to cause me harm. That means all mosquitoes in a 20 foot radius must all die.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Im allergic to Wasps.I hate the b******s!

Bees just fly around you a bit then leave Waps hang aroung for ages then chase you when you try to get away.

I havent been stung in about 12 years though.the last time I was stung 2 times in the neck by 2 separate wasps!Needless to say I got the day of school(I nearly died)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh. I work out in the desert-- it's Tarantula's migratory season... they pop out every once in a while and scare the hell out of me.
I'd hate to live in an area where Tarantulas live...they're so big and...ugh. I can't even imagine it.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Oh, my god.

I had another bad experience, but it wasn't a moth. It was a hornet.

My cousin wanted to know if she could bring her three kids over to swim in our pool. I figured, oh, why not? So, they show up, and things go smoothly for a while. Then her youngest decides to start opening and closing the patio slider. That's when it happened.

The biggest hornet I've ever seen flew into the house.

It was about two or three inches long, and was as big around as a thumb and a half. I don't know what it is with me and huge bugs, but it just keeps happening!

The thing was flying around the living room, landing on pretty much everything. It got within an inch of me at one point. Eventually, it wound up flying into the open window. My other cousin and I shut it, and trapped it between the window and the screen. Then we went outside and started spraying chemicals at it.

I found it dead the next day.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Im allergic to Wasps.I hate the b******s!

Bees just fly around you a bit then leave Waps hang aroung for ages then chase you when you try to get away.

I havent been stung in about 12 years though.the last time I was stung 2 times in the neck by 2 separate wasps!Needless to say I got the day of school(I nearly died)
Grats you just reminded me of a some what Traumatic Experience

I was like around 10-12 and out in the backyard. These wasp were dropping out of the sky for some reason, because at the time i didn't know it was Ant mating season. So then all of a sudden i hear this big buzzing noise. I turn around AND THERE WAS THIS HUGE SWARM OF WASPS. I was about to scream my lungs off but some how kept my cool. I grabbed a near by hand shovel and started whacking those things and slicing off their heads and crushing them. I still remember the fist wasp that i whacked when straight into a wall. It was so close to my face, I could see the Mandibles. I just went running right into my house. And when i looked out side they were still there. I'm not sure if i got stung or not, but lets just say there was alot of dead wasps the next day.

Top Bottom