• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Slime Draws Near! Dragon Quest's mascot's SSB4 support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
that sounds way better actually
In all honesty I wonder if Slimeknight might make a better character, that way slime is still represented and is the most iconic thing about it, but the animations look good and normal etc, and you can still have the slime side heavily represented
Slime Knight would make some of the moveset easier, but it would put him into the generic swordsman category and make a lot of the rest other things harder...

You could still justify Call for Help and Elastoblast I guess, but he'd no longer be able to stack things on his head for a special or grab, nor would he be able to use magic. The Bubble slime duck would be gone too, and he'd loose a number of his more iconic attack animations...

Personally I think he'd loose more than he gains from getting a Slimeknight (particularly in iconicness), but it's a suggestion I've seen before, and it could also work... it's just that is actually makes it harder to make his smashes and tilts look distinct from one another imo.

Also it's pretty obvious how Slime would do a grab from Slime Mori Mori (especially the dash grab), but how would a tiny little heavily armoured knight with a sword and shield grab the opponent?

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I've left this thread alone for a while now, but honestly I think it's time to use my Leaf of the World Tree. I actually think Slime has a chance again... a very small one, like 5% or something, but ever since E3 it's been quite a bit lower than that, as I couldn't foresee any other 3rd parties...

This has changed for a few reasons, firstly the fact that E3 was one event for the whole world, and revealing DQVII and X for Japan would be kinda dumb, so he'd need to be in a more normal Direct (though an event like Gamescom could be a good backdrop, especially as SE are bringing TWO DQ games to the event playable (DQVIII and IV mobile). Considering how long the series has been dead over here I'm tending to think this means something decently big!

Moreover Japan has some nifty things coming too, such as the affore mentioned Home Console DQXI, and the newly confirmed new DQM game that is currently in development. I can honestly foresee a big Dragon Quest section to a Direct or even a full DQ Direct happening before Smash 4's Launch... but I'm not certain which launch it'll be before, the 3DS one (August Direct/Gamescom) or Wii U (TGS, late year direct)... his chances of being playable are still slim at this stage, but any Slime goo-dness would be appreciated, and I think he has a chance, however slime, once more which make me all excited for the game...

It's also worth noting the Rayman slip up (that still hasn't actually been deconfirmed playable) saying 'A whole bunch of others' when listing third parties... He probably means a whole bunch of characters in generally rather than just third party, but it could mean something for our goo-d friend... I hope!

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Ooh! A Slime support thread! It certainly took a short time for me to find one... Could I be a supporter if you don't mind?

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Yay! Thank you! Anyway... However unlikely, I will support the idea of Dragon Quest in Super Smash Brothers until the bitter end! Dragon Quest really is just incredible, and seeing it represented in Super Smash Brothers in any way would just make my day... But as a playable fighter? I... I don't even know how to describe how happy I would be if that happened...

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
Although I think the it's a little too late for the slime to be added to smash, that doesn't matter.
So yeah, please add me as a supporter, I've always wanted to some sort of DQ representation in smash, heck, I wouldn't even be mad if the slime just got in as an assist trophy.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
There's always DLC, but yeah, I think his time has passed for this iteration too... which sucks...

Slime for Smash 5!!!

But any DQ Representation at this stage would have me leaping for joy, even if it's just a trophy about Fortune Street.

Added by the way!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
As I'm sure this is all relevant to your interests there's a lot going on in the world of Dragon Quest localisations these days, and I can't keep this place quite up-to-date with it. So if you want to talk about the potential Dragon Quest VII and X localisations or keep up with my retelling of all the news related to it please head to the:

General Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

And while you're at it can everyone please support Operation Hero with their Petition:

Localise DQ X and VII Petition

I know they're both in my signature, but it's been pretty crazy these last weeks with Square Enix talking fairly candidly about potential localisations, and even putting a video by Yuji Horii on their American site, so now is the time to promote this and make our voices heard for Dragon Quest... and maybe even make a few Slime for SSB4 DLC suggestions while we're at it, like I've been doing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom