• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Notice To Afro/ Everyone Else

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ur a good man Ice kid, you know i like ya

personally if there were more melee tournies than brawl tournies i'd be happier, i go to both, happy with both, but i just enjoy melee more.

just so happens that there are more brawl tournies atm so thats wat im focusing more on now.

+ the majority of my friends(FIU) like brawl over melee, the only people around me that enjoy melee more are my close friends rexx, esam and riddle(whom i THINK likes them equally anyway) and i guess chops. but hes not rly close to me distance wise.

but yea, no ones forcin u to come bak ice kid, but dont be afraid to show u face at the nexus wednesday for some friendlies or somethin :D
lol, Brick! I live like 5 minutes away from you. I'm always down for some melee man.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
lol icekid needs to make like me and just drop brawl for a few months get laid a buncha times then come back. I'm thinking about coming to FAST but ISNT THE NEW BATMAN ON THE SAME DAY?!!?! wtf its such a hard choice. And XYZ you forgot to put Ganondorf on your fun character's list.
**** right! Ganondorf ftw!

Life After Death

Smash Champion
sorry manko and others... I rarely play my main in friendlies... and I think lambchops hates me the most for this.

GW is not fun to me at all... like at all... I use him because... frankly, I want to win.
i'll play shiek/ike/TL/wolf/snake all day though.... their so fun!!!
you'll prolly never play me in melee ever. you and afro arent worthy enough its just a waste of my time and its madd boring 4 stocking you both. BUT afro knows what he gotta do if he wants me to play him in melee we talked bout this at play n trade.

real talk thought im just saying this cuz you both do me dirty in brawl im just doin it back and i dont like that wack **** I hate sandbagging people cuz i knwo how it is when you wanna fight someone you wanna beat or just get friendlies with em to learn. but hey what goes around comes around. So IF by some chance I beat you both in brawl ima do it right back lol

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
im def down if equi is <_<''

my brawl characters go Diddy, Jiggs. I never really play down, unless im playing afro. its so much more fun to **** around when i know im gonna win.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
****, I cant imagine picking a main not based on how fun he was.

my mains im melee/brawl are the funnest chars in the game for me, IMO ppl should pick whoever is funnest,not who they can win with cuz after all it is a game!
this would never work because then everyone would choose captain falcon.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Naturally i'll be there, with vengeance. I think its about time i returned to the brawl scene.
Just for seibrik ill be sure to pick up some tampons for his QQ-ing vägina, nice vag filled post, püss post.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
you'll prolly never play me in melee ever. you and afro arent worthy enough its just a waste of my time and its madd boring 4 stocking you both. BUT afro knows what he gotta do if he wants me to play him in melee we talked bout this at play n trade.

real talk thought im just saying this cuz you both do me dirty in brawl im just doin it back and i dont like that wack **** I hate sandbagging people cuz i knwo how it is when you wanna fight someone you wanna beat or just get friendlies with em to learn. but hey what goes around comes around. So IF by some chance I beat you both in brawl ima do it right back lol
I two stock Chops on my good day. :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
****, I cant imagine picking a main not based on how fun he was.

my mains im melee/brawl are the funnest chars in the game for me, IMO ppl should pick whoever is funnest,not who they can win with cuz after all it is a game!
QFT X over 9000

if i truly wanted to just win no matter what, i'd probably main GW instead of secondary him. but diddy is just way too much fun to not main. I mean, he's clearly the best character in brawl. Clearly.

Finch

Smash Lord
Wow force posted. I miss smashing at your house man.

Frames, myself and possibly some others are gonna go see The Dark Knight midnight showing after the first day of FAST!!!

:colorful:
I already have my tickets. I'm going to see it with a different group of friends ON IMAX B!TCHES. I'm so ****ing pumped. I watched Batman Begins last night. This week is going to be so ****ing fun.

AfroQT

Smash Master

We will do a ****load of friendlies at FAST snake dittos.
Imma man up and let you adapt to me then i will get owned but i love you so its worth it.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
I might be there.

ways to improve your game in the FL community:
Pick up Jiggs.

I agree in some ways that by playing w/ fro in some serious games 'could' help other's overall game, but at the same time.. you guys have all played so much in tournament (all the 'better' players at least) by now something should have progressed.

But essentially it comes down to getting more matchup experience. I think ppl still just suck vs. snake in general and theres good reason for that.

No disrespect to matt, he wins every tournament because he's clearly the best. I think a lot of ppl are playing characters that just can't win in a tourny environment and should change things up. Would probably do a lot better.

Also is there a DEFINITE stage list yet? That was a big issue for me I dont know about others, but without proper counter stages the results aren't going to change. If there is can someone type it on here?

Seibrik, why did you start going DDD as main? Your kirby was great, should keep DDD for counter picks alone. Deg has been beasting up tournaments with kirby lately. Your kirby is better and you are a better player.

Also another way for ppl to get help on the snake matchup is to play around with snake themselves. Once you see what you are doing to get get kills and get an idea for playstyle it will undoubtedly help your timing against him and knowing what your opponent will be looking to do.

-
all in all though, I agree with ice kid 100% I enjoy the game for getting to hang with cool ppl and regardless of how much more I liked melee and brawl is just boring and lacks a lot, it is still cool to want to improve in something for the sake of being competitive I suppose.

If ppl decide on a time, I live like less than 15 mins from nexus. can get there early for a lot of games. I can play all characters if ppl want to throw out matchups they need work on.

p.s - fro is too good vs. MK heh

AfroQT

Smash Master
I might be there.

ways to improve your game in the FL community:
Pick up Jiggs.

I agree in some ways that by playing w/ fro in some serious games 'could' help other's overall game, but at the same time.. you guys have all played so much in tournament (all the 'better' players at least) by now something should have progressed.

But essentially it comes down to getting more matchup experience. I think ppl still just suck vs. snake in general and theres good reason for that.

No disrespect to matt, he wins every tournament because he's clearly the best. I think a lot of ppl are playing characters that just can't win in a tourny environment and should change things up. Would probably do a lot better.

Also is there a DEFINITE stage list yet? That was a big issue for me I dont know about others, but without proper counter stages the results aren't going to change. If there is can someone type it on here?

Seibrik, why did you start going DDD as main? Your kirby was great, should keep DDD for counter picks alone. Deg has been beasting up tournaments with kirby lately. Your kirby is better and you are a better player.

Also another way for ppl to get help on the snake matchup is to play around with snake themselves. Once you see what you are doing to get get kills and get an idea for playstyle it will undoubtedly help your timing against him and knowing what your opponent will be looking to do.

-
all in all though, I agree with ice kid 100% I enjoy the game for getting to hang with cool ppl and regardless of how much more I liked melee and brawl is just boring and lacks a lot, it is still cool to want to improve in something for the sake of being competitive I suppose.

If ppl decide on a time, I live like less than 15 mins from nexus. can get there early for a lot of games. I can play all characters if ppl want to throw out matchups they need work on.

p.s - fro is too good vs. MK heh
I agree with this post.
I also agree with the stage thing, Florida should get a ruleset for stages.

Finch

Smash Lord
This is my (and I think a lot of other people's) exact mindset for brawl.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
without it becoming a huge stage debate and BS..

out of stages that have constantly been talked about for a list:

i think cruise, luigi mansion and halberd should be banned.

cruise is past a counter pick for a majority of cast with almost unwinnable situations.. it goes past a 'counter' stage at points. Luigi's mansion as well. While it may help a few characters out, it overwhelmingly helps destroys all form of a normal match. It becomes more about the stage then it is the actual fight of the 2 characters. Stages should give advantages and not halter the match and gameplay. I feel mansion isn't right. Halberd out of the 'moving' stages, isn't terrible but the few obstacles and interferences (regardless of how easy) can make or break a fight. No one would want to trip into a bomb or beam to lose a match that was even prior to the stage (just an example).

With that being said,
i think delfino, frigate orpheon, brinstar , poke 1 are fine.

stadium 1 has always been ok. new windmill is stupid but overall the stage is the same.
SO LONG AS VOLUMES ARE UP on tv's, frigate is fine. If you can't hear the TV it is unfair to play on.
The stage itself is pretty great aside from the alarm noise that you need to hear. Good platforms and spacing.
Brinstar has been ok for a while and should stay ok.
Delfino is the more fair and playable, cruise. It has a few walk off areas but rarely an issue. It has various stage layouts for more variety of play and character selection in terms of a real 'counter' stage.

castle siege I am neutral on but I feel it is playable more so than cruise/mansion.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834

and you're right man, im sorry... :(
I remember how you improved my game alot with the coaching and the 2 hours of straight falcon vs falco hate matches. and I should be doing the same for you with GW... i'll hook you up with nasty GW practice the next time we meet if you still want em. but ya, if you guys want to play my GW just ask, and i'll force myself to play him for a bit.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
so does this mean you'll fight me in friendlies for real afro, i won't have to sandbag against you by picking jiggs, you'll let me play marth or diddy against your snake?

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
yeah id say florida will do awsome after seeing the snakes. but i think its just the snakes that will makes top 10. u guys got me doubting myself LOL wel not really but **** i learned alot bout snakes yesterday.
no one ever talks about florida im surprised

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Gear, Soul Calibur IV in 2 weeks and TvC. ITS HAS SPEED RACER
Speed racer is in? Don't get my **** all hard like that!! I can not leave srk because of that games loke test!!! Spread the word! New vs game! If you have not seen all the loke test vids ask afro for them or send me a shout on aim(saetan010), I watch them like 50 times a day.

You could just go to srk and search the topic for them but that topic is at like page 89 or something like that.

TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
yeah id say florida will do awsome after seeing the snakes. but i think its just the snakes that will makes top 10. u guys got me doubting myself LOL wel not really but **** i learned alot bout snakes yesterday.
no one ever talks about florida im surprised
**** dude, you must of had you're **** pushed in by the snakes down there!! LOL.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I only play peoples main unless thier secondary is as good as thier main vs my main. if you wont play your main vs me dont even bother looking at me cuz ill ignore you

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
**** dude, you must of had you're **** pushed in by the snakes down there!! LOL.
heh well sort of chops kinda destroyed me after we had a next good hit wins kinda match.
then i lost to Hrnuts snake in a last hit wis kinda set n losers finals. so not TO bad but yah definatly better than the snakes im used to. ill come back prepared though :) and when i said florida i meant sout florida more specifically, only the people ive played so far

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
seabrik said he could probably take me but i gotta find a way back im still waiting to hear from him though

but ill spam a lil more before time runs out on this computer

3901 S.ocean ave
The tides apartment building
apt C-6-J

anyone that is nearby and driving to fast leave me a PM!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
actually im back to kirby, been for two weeks or somethin, but its holdin up real well, im happy. :)

and needle, freakin be on aim and answer me so we can talk more there dammit

i SHOULD be able to give u a ride

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
xYz said:
sorry manko and others... I rarely play my main in friendlies... and I think lambchops hates me the most for this.

GW is not fun to me at all... like at all... I use him because... frankly, I want to win.
i'll play shiek/ike/TL/wolf/snake all day though.... their so fun!!!
i <3 honest people. +10 respect points for the brazilian giant

i challenge you to an ike ditto btw

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
my secondary is def snake now, i'm getting him up to par with my GW, so i'll use him alot more because hes so much fun!!

and sure GDX, ike dittos is what I live for.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I only play peoples main unless thier secondary is as good as thier main vs my main. if you wont play your main vs me dont even bother looking at me cuz ill ignore you
Hahahahahaha!

Next time I see you, it's my Mario vs. your Falco, buddy. I'll wring your neck Simpsons style if you even think bout saying "no" or ignoring me, bee-otch.

-Kimo

Top Bottom