• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Notice To Afro/ Everyone Else

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Afro, I remember you talkin how you were saying how dissapointed you were for FL, about how they keep getting owned by simple tactics.

And apparently it seems obvious that you're somewhat better than the rest of us, at least as a fact of how you pretty much never lose a set. Or a tourniment rather.

But I also remember something like you never playing serious friendlies with anyone.

Sooo.... Whatsup with that?

If you want people getting better, dont you think being the best person in the state gives you some responcibility to play us whenever you can, and get us ALL up to your level, I know it might be risking your spot on top, but I think it would generally bring us up better as a whole.

And I kno they're just friendlies. I dont think anyones going to walk away fromt hem going "omg i just beat afro make me numba 1" but it doesn't mean you cant take them seriously, its still practice and helps alot.

In any case, I want florida to get better to. And I think for some final Fast practice, we all try to meet up at Nexus this comming wednesday for some brawlin. Get alot of SERIOUS friendlies in, and work on some teams stuff for the fun.

People I wana see there:
Myself,
Afro
Equi
Underscore
Ice Kid
Tommy G
Chaz
Galeon
Danny
Linguini

Anyone else that can come should come, i dont expect XyZ or Rx to be able to come, but if anyone from central/north is willin to do the driving, that'd be real great.

Maybe we can all put like a buck into a mini pot and do a lil round robin type deal. I dunno, I just want as much practice as I can get so I dont make the same stupid mistakes at a major tourny, and I dont want the rest of you to do that either.

Thoughts?

Equi

Smash Ace
Florida will do well at FAST I think. I really get the vibe that FL is very underated, more and more everyday. Since we'll all be separated into weird pools with random OOS, we'll do fine. But yeah, more practice is always a good thing.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Afro, I remember you talkin how you were saying how dissapointed you were for FL, about how they keep getting owned by simple tactics.

And apparently it seems obvious that you're somewhat better than the rest of us, at least as a fact of how you pretty much never lose a set. Or a tourniment rather.

But I also remember something like you never playing serious friendlies with anyone.

If you want people getting better, dont you think being the best person in the state gives you some responcibility to play us whenever you can, and get us ALL up to your level, I know it might be risking your spot on top, but I think it would generally bring us up better as a whole.

And I kno they're just friendlies. I dont think anyones going to walk away fromt hem going "omg i just beat afro make me numba 1" but it doesn't mean you cant take them seriously, its still practice and helps alot.

In any case, I want florida to get better to. And I think for some final Fast practice, we all try to meet up at Nexus this comming wednesday for some brawlin. Get alot of SERIOUS friendlies in, and work on some teams stuff for the fun.

People I wana see there:
Myself,
Afro
Equi
Underscore
Ice Kid
Tommy G
Chaz
Galeon
Danny
Linguini

Anyone else that can come should come, i dont expect XyZ or Rx to be able to come, but if anyone from central/north is willin to do the driving, that'd be real great.

Maybe we can all put like a buck into a mini pot and do a lil round robin type deal. I dunno, I just want as much practice as I can get so I dont make the same stupid mistakes at a major tourny, and I dont want the rest of you to do that either.

Thoughts?
I dont do friendlies during tournament, after the tournament sure i'll play all you want.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Same could be said for others too. Last tourney I was at, xYz wouldn't play his main in friendlies. Which is fine really, it was nice getting to play multiple characters since I don't get to practice against people very often.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
sorry manko and others... I rarely play my main in friendlies... and I think lambchops hates me the most for this.

GW is not fun to me at all... like at all... I use him because... frankly, I want to win.
i'll play shiek/ike/TL/wolf/snake all day though.... their so fun!!!

AfroQT

Smash Master
sorry manko and others... I rarely play my main in friendlies... and I think lambchops hates me the most for this.

GW is not fun to me at all... like at all... I use him because... frankly, I want to win.
I go DK in friendlies.
Lambchops wont play me in melee until i play him in brawl
His words were "Your not worthy" lol.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Florida will do well at FAST I think. I really get the vibe that FL is very underated, more and more everyday. Since we'll all be separated into weird pools with random OOS, we'll do fine. But yeah, more practice is always a good thing.
Totally agree. Everyone thinks we're underrated, but you guys will prove them wrong at fast. ^_^

Galeon

Smash Ace

woah wtf, why isn't lucas on that list?

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman

People I wana see there:
Myself,
Afro
Equi
Underscore
Ice Kid
Tommy G
Chaz
Galeon
Danny
Linguini

Thoughts?

Icekid isn't going to fast. He quit.

Linguini

Smash Master

****, I cant imagine picking a main not based on how fun he was.

my mains im melee/brawl are the funnest chars in the game for me, IMO ppl should pick whoever is funnest,not who they can win with cuz after all it is a game!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
See, the only time I've played against Afro at a tournament, it went to the 3rd match. I'm not trying to john or anything but at the time, I didn't even really know about this game. I do know how to play now and I also got the opportunity to practice what I know and to get to know most characters in the game. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to FAST but I will make my tournament comeback at Willvolution or in August.

Looking at matches between Afro and others, I can completely understand why Afro would say what he said. And I actually do agree with him. The same thing actually applies to a bunch of other players, including Rx and xYz. I can see that they all have a large amount of skill in Brawl. It does bother me to see a lot of people lose to them due to a lack of knowledge for the matchups.

There are lots of MK and Snake players in Florida but very few actually are good with them. As for G&W, I don't see any significant players other than xYz, GDX, and 8-bit. Of course, I'm mostly looking at the tournament scene. I honestly believe that every character in the game has a counterpick. Sometimes it consists of a single character. Sometimes it's a character with a specific playstyle. Sometimes it's the combination of those on a specific stage. However, without the experience, victory isn't going to come easy.

When I played SC2 and SC3 competitively, I pretty much never used my tournament main in friendlies. After all, a brother gotta make his money. But I wouldn't come out and say how disappointed I am with my competition after victory. Maybe the current scene will make people realize that Brawl isn't that easy and practice won't hurt anybody.

@Seibrik: Oh snap! You don't want to see me at Nexus?? =/

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Course i do, i wasn't gonna list every single person i kno to come, if u wana come, come.

it'll be fun whoever is there, the more the better.

And afro, u tellin me if i come wednesday to nexus, you'll play me seriously without question?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I talk to Tommy G a lot, I can probably get him to go to Nexus on Wednesday, then again, I'm sure you guys do too, so it's the same thing.

I would love to see a lot of people there this Wednesday, that would rock.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Awesome Afro, can't wait. ur getting all my kirbies and i want u to mold it to ur liking, and make it a snake killing machine, but more importantly, a meta eating bubble

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
****, I cant imagine picking a main not based on how fun he was.

my mains im melee/brawl are the funnest chars in the game for me, IMO ppl should pick whoever is funnest,not who they can win with cuz after all it is a game!
HELL YEAH. But we will win with our underrated characters.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Actually, some people hold down on the analog stick BEFORE hitting down on the C-stick... but that many finger movements is crazy.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Course i do, i wasn't gonna list every single person i kno to come, if u wana come, come.

it'll be fun whoever is there, the more the better.

And afro, u tellin me if i come wednesday to nexus, you'll play me seriously without question?
I'm too far anyways! LOL

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
i c wut u did thar

No. Icekid's just got a lot going on in his life atm. Like women.
Has nothing to do with what's going on in my life. Just don't enjoy the game. I really stopped caring about the game right after the 1st GIGS. Moved onto to better things imo.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Has nothing to do with what's going on in my life. Just don't enjoy the game. I really stopped caring about the game right after the 1st GIGS. Moved onto to better things imo.
Like Guilty Gear. . .ya can't blame him, really.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Ur a good man Ice kid, you know i like ya

personally if there were more melee tournies than brawl tournies i'd be happier, i go to both, happy with both, but i just enjoy melee more.

just so happens that there are more brawl tournies atm so thats wat im focusing more on now.

+ the majority of my friends(FIU) like brawl over melee, the only people around me that enjoy melee more are my close friends rexx, esam and riddle(whom i THINK likes them equally anyway) and i guess chops. but hes not rly close to me distance wise.

but yea, no ones forcin u to come bak ice kid, but dont be afraid to show u face at the nexus wednesday for some friendlies or somethin :D

Equi

Smash Ace
I know. I was joking. XD

You should still spontaneously reappear one day and **** everyone though.

Equi

Smash Ace
i've been playing more meleez lately honestly, i just prefer the speed. I've dumbed down my Brawl game enough, which is what all Melee players have to do to succeed in Brawl, dumb down.

Force

Smash Apprentice
lol icekid needs to make like me and just drop brawl for a few months get laid a buncha times then come back. I'm thinking about coming to FAST but ISNT THE NEW BATMAN ON THE SAME DAY?!!?! wtf its such a hard choice. And XYZ you forgot to put Ganondorf on your fun character's list.

Top Bottom