• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Samus emerges, Good matches inside! please rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
you're just a overly confident noob who really takes a dislike to what they don't want to hear, you came here wanting to be phrased and worshipped over how played but got offensive when you heard wrong. You say I have no place to say such things. Guess what? neither do you saying how you could beat other samus players in this thread, you're really overly cocky, the falcon player does have skill, I never said he didn't but you got mad when you didn't hear "omg you're so good".
I already said that I don't expect to be praised and worshipped.

The only thing I do expect is not to be shunned by players who don't really have a right to since they aren't very good/respected themselves. You are one of them.

Note how I was given tips by aftermath and crashman, and I didn't get offended by it. Why? Because they have a right to.

Maybe i don't have the right to GUARANTEE that I would beat the other samuses in this thread.

But you guys assumed you could beat this "non pro" too, so my remarks were mainly a defense. What do you expect? There are so many non pros in here trying to claim superiority over me, a player that could very likely beat them.

Watty

Smash Lord
spacing was really good when i watched the rest of the vids, i can notice that u did adapt very well to the falcon. And the falcon was very patient not juss rushing in with attacks like some do.

you could try and throw in a grab every once in a while, especially when there juss shielding and they think ur running into them to do an attack they will shield and its an easy grab and can lead to big time damage

Somebody

Smash Journeyman

The only thing I do expect is not to be shunned by players who don't really have a right to since they aren't very good/respected themselves. You are one of them.

Note how I was given tips by aftermath and crashman, and I didn't get offended by it. Why? Because they have a right to.
Then dont make a thread and post vids and automatically think youre the ****. Sorry I didnt put it in "nice" terms. You dont take constructive criticism very well at all. I'm not saying theres HUGE flaws in your game. Just some things to work on. Chill out a bit.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
LoL, don't worry about it, I'm chill.

Trust me. None of this is really angering me or anything. They are just some points I'm trying to make.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
I'd like to see that falcon play some other characters to see how good it really is, but it's pretty good against Samus. You were like... edge guarded 0-death in a lot of clips I saw, if you go over and then DI up, there's not much samus can do except get one more hit in and hope to hit you again on your way down. Missed a few punishments, but overall, pretty good.

Samus was also good. Didn't use very many missiles which I guess is alright, but when landing you might as well shoot a missile. Had some really good pokes going with the jab crouch jab crouch jab, and some really good spacing on forward tilts, and lots of times your edge guarding was just like... perfect, but yeah.

I think it's really hard to judge skill when two people play each other over and over because you're so used to each other's style that almost nothing looks like a mind game because the other person probably already knows how to get around it. For the most part safe move choices from both of you (except a few dsmashes from samus) but I think in order to really see how good you guys are, we have to watch a video of you playing other people, someone a lot worse, and someone a lot better.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I agree with tapion. I want to see a video of you vs A pro to see how you handle them. NM you said? *thinks* Who is good in NM? Everytime I try to think of good NM players Arizona players keep popping up in my head.

And no, you could not beat everyone who has posted I don't know why you would say that without even seeing them play first...

To the person who said they get beat by majoras in samus dittos: The only thing I really notice about majoras when I play him is that he uses bombs too much and his missle game is not perfect..so try to punish him for that. I have played him quite a bit..well not that much but I would say our samus's are about even. First time I played him was in a Samus ditto MM and I won 2-1. Then I knocked him out of a tournament 2-1 again. He beat me pretty bad in 1 friendly recently though and he keeps getting better amazingly fast. Majoras could be a top samus player if he keeps improving as fast as he has been recently because he went from being knocked out by me to knocking mr.c out of EVO which suprised the hell out of everyone.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Mistah Fab said:
i dont really think i need advice but if you have anything to say i guess ill let you say it.
I think it's more like

Mistah Fab said:
i dont really think i need advice but if you have anything to say I wont let you say it.
hahaha no offense

EDIT: Oh, forgot about the rating... if I try to compare you to all the Samuses I've seen, I'd say that you're average. However, this rating is based on your vids so accuracy is not guaranteed!!!

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Man, what i should do is put matches of me vs my friend and pick the best ones. then go on the forums and say "I am so good, i dont need advice and i could beat most if not all of you!1!!!11!!!"

Sound good?

REDRAGON

pdk

Smash Lord

Maybe i don't have the right to GUARANTEE that I would beat the other samuses in this thread.

But you guys assumed you could beat this "non pro" too, so my remarks were mainly a defense. What do you expect? There are so many non pros in here trying to claim superiority over me, a player that could very likely beat them.
beggars can't be choosers, and advice is advice

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
If nothing offends you, you shouldn't have flipped out on me for my advice to you, you're right, most of us aren't pro at all like crashman and the others but we aren't stupid...for the most part...anyway, refer back to my post in the falcon thread, I don't play samus but I've seen many good players and played good samuses.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
If nothing offends you, you shouldn't have flipped out on me for my advice to you, you're right, most of us aren't pro at all like crashman and the others but we aren't stupid...for the most part...anyway, refer back to my post in the falcon thread, I don't play samus but I've seen many good players and played good samuses.
So because you have seen good samuses and played good samuses, you think you are a good judge of samus skill?

How accurate do you think you are in your assumptions of me? You don't think you could be wrong?

These are just questions. They're not meant to be an attack.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I'd say so..and HugS, who is that poor sap in your signature?

Kuger, seriously dude, back off, lighten up, don't freak out over what someone tells you, I gave you advice, I didn't say "OMG you are horrible" Calm down.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
Lol, is there a problem with the way I type? Does it seem like i am flipping out on my every post? I am just trying to understand your point of view, that's all. No exclamation points in my posts.

And I just think people have problems judging skill off of vids, that's all. I was speaking to crashman and he made a very good point. He said something along the lines of:

"When people expect you to be bad, they only look for the mistakes in your videos, and hardly give credit for anything skillful going on."

And I agree with this. Because when I see a vid of a pro, i don't see the mistakes, i see just the amazing stuff. But when I try to sit down and look for flaws, I can find mistakes in almost anyone's videos, even the best of the best. But who am I to judge them on their mistakes if I can't do any better.

And it's ok to give some pointers no matter who you are, but advice that comes off with a tone of superiority doesn't seem ok coming from no name players. And when you post saying "you're living in a dream world", you're posting with that very same tone.

So yeah, if you are expecting the person to be bad, u will only see their flaws in their videos.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I said you were living in a dream world because you acted like you were flawless and second only to "Isai". I explained the reason I made that comment.

Superior? No, I miss l-cancels, I kill myself, I NO PING TIPPERS REGULARLY. Thats saying enough in just that.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
I said you were living in a dream world because you acted like you were flawless and second only to "Isai". I explained the reason I made that comment.

Superior? No, I miss l-cancels, I kill myself, I NO PING TIPPERS REGULARLY. Thats saying enough in just that.
I never said i was 2nd to isai. I don't play falcon. I said mistah fab was great vs samus, and one of the best anti samus falcons around, with the exclusion of Isai of course.

But yeah, i see your reasons so posting with that superior tone, it was miscommunication. Understood.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
KuGeR, You are good, don't get me wrong, just don't get cocky about it. You and the falcon can really benefit each other with each of your skill level. Constantly buliding up due to the other stepping his game up, you can see my matches if you want, I'm not superior. I don't think I'm better than anyone untill I play them in person.

Skler

Smash Master
People don't watch videos that are asking for a critique and look for positive things to say. They should rip the videos apart so the person knows exactly what they are doing wrong. If somebody puts up videos asking for advise and all they get is praise, are they going to get better? No.

Accept advise from anybody (unless they tell you stupid ****, but you can pick out good advise from bad advise). My bad if this is kind of off topic, but juding by the first page this topic was just people arguing.

a-mar

Smash Cadet
i'm not a good samus by any means but from all the vids i just wached through reading this post i will say you do seem ,avarage,so yeah

P.S. someone want to do a solid and send thouse vids to the CF forum and see what they have to say LOL

Watty

Smash Lord
I went to a tourny and I think there might be a vid of me lol. So yay to me

ROFL more than ive ever done in my entire life at Hugs randomly dropping into the thread

Mars-

Smash Champion
KuGer, am I good enough to rate you? I just felt like asking you because you seem to think that you can tell people that that aren't good enough to rate you by something that I must be missing.

And you say that you are good? Go to a tourny with any pro and then say you are good. So what if you have the BASICs down. That won't help you at all against a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom