• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Samus emerges, Good matches inside! please rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistah Fab

Smash Rookie

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
well i guess these were decent matchs but u dont use all of samus's great techniques like MC, DMJ, PMC (Platform missile cancel)

but u have a pretty good understanding of samus's abilities

Keep up the great work :)

Mars-

Smash Champion
I watched the first match. I like how the falcon stops moving for like 5 seconds and edge guards in his shield.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Use sex kick more to edge gaurd when he uses his up+B above the stage like he did a million times. You can sheild poke CF with dtilt without getting kneed.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
Use sex kick more to edge gaurd when he uses his up+B above the stage like he did a million times. You can sheild poke CF with dtilt without getting kneed.
I did sex kick for the edgeguard when it was appropriate. And if you watched the first match, you'd notice that I did do the groundmissles aka "dtilt" on the falcon's shield lots of times. I already knew that worked.

You guys are trying to give advice to the wrong guys and I guarantee Mistah fab would destroy any samus players posting advice as if you guys could do any better

I'm not trying to be a *****, but I think I'm just getting **** cuz I'm new.

And I appreciate the advice, but until I see vids from some of you guys, I'm going to assume I'd be winning

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
I did sex kick for the edgeguard when it was appropriate. And if you watched the last match, you'd notice that I did do the groundmissles aka "dtilt" on the falcon's shield lots of times. I already knew that worked.

You guys are trying to give advice to the wrong guys and I guarantee Mistah fab would destroy any samus players posting advice as if you guys could do any better

And I appreciate the advice, but until I see vids from some of you guys, I'm going to assume I'd be winning
lol some cocky guy you are. i havent even watched your vids, but until u win a big tournament and get your name out there, I'm just going to pass you off as just another person who beats his friends, but would struggle against anyone else. Please, don't be so cocky.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
lol some cocky guy you are. i havent even watched your vids, but until u win a big tournament and get your name out there, I'm just going to pass you off as just another person who beats his friends, but would struggle against anyone else. Please, don't be so cocky.
He's right. Videos can't even really show skill anyways. Play a pro and you will get your *** handed to you. Don't go ask people to rate you and give you crit and then just be a total *** about what people tell you. Plus, people usually don't post videos of them losing to much, even though there easier to give crit on, and we have no idea about how good the CF was.

Mistah Fab

Smash Rookie
No i will not, Kruger is a very good samus and any captain falcon that can do so well, let alone beat him is a beast. I hate when people assume just because you are not a pro that you suck, its not true.

and to whoever only watched the first vid, watch all of them you noob!

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
Look, I understand that you feel I'm cocky. I'm only responding this way because the "advice" that was given to me was advice that was displayed in the vids by the way we played. The "advice" they gave me came off with a tone of superiority. Compare "Somebody's" post to Raging Missle's post. Raging missle gave a good comment on the vid, even though I feel I use samus's techniques effectively, but he didn't come off with a tone that said "i would beat you"

only watched first vid

the edgeguarding was pretty good, so was the comboing, but a good falcon would punish that playstyle a lot more than he did
Another good post. I don't like the "a good falcon would punish the playstyle" assumption, but he awknowledged that there were some good things about my samus and didn't automatically dismiss them cuz i am new. Feel me?

He's right. Videos can't even really show skill anyways. Play a pro and you will get your *** handed to you. Don't go ask people to rate you and give you crit and then just be a total *** about what people tell you. Plus, people usually don't post videos of them losing to much, even though there easier to give crit on, and we have no idea about how good the CF was.
Yeah yeah, I know that when I ask people to rate me i should expect advice, but like i said, it was advice on tactics that were already being displayed in the vids, so they were just saying it to feel superior. And maybe a pro would beat me, who knows, but are these guys that are posting pros? Can they be so sure to beat me? The only one ive seen in vids is crashman.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm getting a LOT less credit than I deserve, just because I'm new. Am I right or wrong?

Cuz I think I'm right, if anyone wants to prove me wrong...then I guess we'll see what happens.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
In the DL64 one, you dsmashed his shield way too much, that's a free knee for Falcon, though you seemed to have learned that by the end because I didn't see it as much.
You've got edgeguarding Falcon down pretty well, but if you always just wait on the ledge and utilt/fsmash (I did see a few offstage sex kicks, but not very often), a lot of Falcons will try to sweetspot the ledge, then tech and upB you. When he's at higher damage, especially if you have your charge blast, try edgehogging and taking advantage of his upB's landing lag to finish him off.
Learn the platform missile cancel on Pokemon Stadium. Falcon is fast enough to get through it pretty easily, but then you can take advantage of whatever he does to avoid/destroy/block them.
DI better. A knee does not kill Samus on Stadium at ~60% if you just hold up as you get hit.

By the way, what part of the south do you live in? I know most of the southern Samus players pretty well, so maybe one of us lives near you.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
You come in here and tell people to rate your videos and then expect everyone to worship you. You think your the best Samus player, and do nothing but brag. You have skill, but you think you are way better than you really are. Your playing is still a bit slow, and there was not enough combos. Good techs and DI, but there is still much room for improvement. If you want people to worship you and give you nothing but compliments, try to do what Hugs has done. There are plenty of Samus' here as good as yours, and plenty of them are better. They try to help you and all you do is act like a conceited scrub.

Watch Hugs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rwuboxwUi8
Thats a match that we do not need to crit on. That was 10/10. When we give you advice, don't say we don't know anything and don't compare to you because we don't have youtube videos.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Not bad mate!!! It was cool cause you kinda had your own play style!
Tips if you want:
Use more bombs in battle(they are good for mindgames)
Use more missles for approach and defense.

Besides that you did great! :)

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
It's cool that you're trying to differentiate which posts are "good" or not. If I were in your situation, and someone posted some advice which I didn't like, I would just ignore their post and keep it pushing lol. I think that your cockiness could be good; it might get you better than you would become without your cockiness, but try to contain that cockiness and not let it make you seem like an arrogant new guy. cockiness cockiness cockiness it seems like all i said what cockiness lol

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
You come in here and tell people to rate your videos and then expect everyone to worship you. You think your the best Samus player, and do nothing but brag. You have skill, but you think you are way better than you really are. Your playing is still a bit slow, and there was not enough combos. Good techs and DI, but there is still much room for improvement. If you want people to worship you and give you nothing but compliments, try to do what Hugs has done. There are plenty of Samus' here as good as yours, and plenty of them are better. They try to help you and all you do is act like a conceited scrub.

Watch Hugs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rwuboxwUi8
Thats a match that we do not need to crit on. That was 10/10. When we give you advice, don't say we don't know anything and don't compare to you because we don't have youtube videos.
****, that was a VERY impressive vid. HugS is good

That's the thing though I wasn't even trying to imply that I should be worshipped or that I am better than players like HugS. I didn't want any of that. I just wana know why I was immediately shunned. Is it cuz i'm new? Maybe one would want proof at a tournament or whatever.

But the vids ARE pretty good, and my samus is good as well, so say that. Don't make it seem as if I am awful. You guys even think it's wrong of me to imply that I can beat players that aren't even pro.

If I said I could beat players like HugS, then yeah, go ahead and flame me. I said I could beat players like "Somebody"(sorry, ive just been using u as an example), and why do I get flamed? Cuz I'm new. Get what I'm saying?

Sorry if I came off cocky, but I did it only because you guys started implying that I wasn't very good, even after watching a vid where there is some pretty solid proof that the samus and falcon are in fact, Good.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
It was mostly because your new and you seemed cocky. If it was just one, then it probably wouldn't matter too much.

Now you seem cool though, you have a good Samus too. Just try to make it to larger tourneys and ditto some other Samus', and see what they have to tell you. The best advice is given in person.

Where do you live BTW?

Mistah Fab

Smash Rookie
Im not trying to be cocky but, i am so confident in my style against samus, that i guarantee i can beat all of the samus players who have posted, with ease.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Im not trying to be cocky but, i am so confident in my style against samus, that i guarantee i can beat all of the samus players who have posted, with ease.
Uhhhhhhhh.....................
I am going to the Super Smash Royale III on the 28th. Are you going??? Maybe we can play a round???

Kick

Smash Apprentice
is anyone else confused?

who is mistah fab and is it the same person and kuger? he seems to be alternating screen names but retaining the same pompous attitude. Im kinda confused, but this would make a great case study.

and yes please play someone here and post the vid, win or lose.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
Again, location please? If it's anywhere near where I am or where I'm headed in the next few weeks, $20 Samus ditto MM?
Oh i'm not the samus slayer, my friend is. But I live in new mexico, i dont know how convenient that is for you. I would give you a good fight though, I'm sure of that :)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
20$ bucks ihavespaceballs will win!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man that Mistah Fab guy sounds like thoses kids on youtube: "OmG Ken sUcks, I could pWn/OwN him Easy"

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
****s, New Mexico? I usually think of dirty south meaning east of the Mississippi. No idea who lives around there, I'd say try the Southwest regional board and find some tournaments nearby.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
LoL good luck to you Red dragon, if you accept.

BTW I respect the fact that some people are admitting that we are good. Thank you

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I watched the first, third, and last match. Pretty good Samus, you're definitely on the right track and have the basic concepts down, but a few more techniques (like missile tricks), or improvement on others (like WDing and recovery), and you'd actually get a lot better.

I'm going to assume these were mostly friendly matches, so I won't be too critical of them. Both of you definitely need to work on edgeguarding, the CF is trying to be off the edge after Samus far too often (Kuger, you should really try to punish this by going around his attack and trying to bair or sex kick him as you're returning) and really should have just waited for Samus to return and punish her when she gets off the edge. Kuger, you should make use of the rising grapple to quickly sweetspot the edge, and try to implement it more, as you were edgehogged a few times when you should have grappled.

As for how the Samus edgeguarded, again it seemed a bit too over the top and didn't seem like you were trying to guess or react to what he was doing, but rather just doing a set sequence of things. On the Pokemon Stadium match especially, he would recover high and you'd be on the ground waiting for him to come down, but you'd hesitate far too long and he was able to land and shield your attack several times. One tip is if you're not sure, missile cancel a missile one direction (off the stage most likely) and try to do another attack in the other direction in case he goes the other way. CF has a really predictable recovery, use missiles, sex kicks, and fsmashes to exploit that more often (which you did do well on FoD a couple times).

You're definitely not a bad Samus, but there are definite improvements you need to make and much of that (such as knowing how to best punish something) just comes with experience and playing more people, so hopefully you're in a place where that is possible.

Mistah Fab, overall, you really shouldn't be that confident in your style against Samus. You use a lot of combos that don't work on people with better DI and fail to punish Samus when she uses a laggy move on your shield. I'd gladly money match you for any amount of your choosing and hopefully we can be able to have it at 0C3 or if you somehow travel to Oregon (or vice versa).

If you want a video of me vs. CF, there's a bunch on youtube of me and my friend playing 7 months ago in what ended up being more or less random friendlies, here's the one I like the most from those though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFEgWhWgHQk

Watty

Smash Lord
see aftermath is nice and i watched the first vid and read this last page and u are cocky as **** man.

Tourny results prove ur a good Samus not friendlies against ur CF friend. Go to FC this yr we will see how cocky u are when u dont make it out of the first round of pools because ur playing against some1 who ur not familiar with and dont know how to adapt

if u do come i will mm both of you. Samus slayer pfft if u aint mathos/drephen u aint a samus slayer

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Honestly, Kruger, I saw what I expected from any Samus, but that's not what the title led be to believe I would see. I would have liked to see more WDing and missiles to keep CF (literally) on his toes. There were also a few spacing issues.

So it's not that you're bad, it's that you can still improve a lot, and some on this board are less circumspect about that fact. Don't take that to mean they're putting on airs. They just don't care for fluff, and they don't deserve to be attacked for it. And don't take this to mean I could beat you. Honestly, I know more about Samus than I can implement, and I've never been to a tourney, so there's only so much I could do.

Mister Fab, to come into the Samus Sub-Forum with vids of you mostly losing to Samus, and then say you have a good game against Samus will just get you laughed at. Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co5fxWw1C4U&mode=related&search=
Now Isai has a good game against Samus (well, he has a good game against everyone, but I digress), as seen by the fact that Wes gets three-stocked. Even then, Isai still gets punished for too much fooling around. Samus's projectiles should be like putty in your hands, and you should be mopping the floor with her, but at this point, you've got a long way to go.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I watched the first and second video, poor quality makes my eyes hurt. There isn't much I can take from those two videos. Mainly because everyones Samus style is different, there isn't a set good style as long as it's effective. There are only a few things bad about it though.

I think you should probably keep more pressure with missiles, then again I can understand how hard it is to fight Captain Falcon seeing as how he's just a moving projectile himself.

At about 1:39 or so on the second video I noticed you finally stopped smashing his shield, obviously it kept on resulting on knees right to your face.

You aren't getting **** because you're new, someone simply thought you should do more of something to improve your game, when someone does that, you don't throw it back at them. You completely disregard their time since they actually watched your videos.

No i will not, Kruger is a very good samus and any captain falcon that can do so well, let alone beat him is a beast. I hate when people assume just because you are not a pro that you suck, its not true.

and to whoever only watched the first vid, watch all of them you noob!
We don't make this assumption, I myself (don't know about anyone else) make the assumption that if you haven't played a pro yet, you don't realize how much improvement you need to actually be good. Sure, I'm the best in my town, but what does that mean anything when I play KoreanDJ in the 3rd round? Doesn't matter how good you are, you're going to get a beating from them the same way anyone would.

Look, I understand that you feel I'm cocky. I'm only responding this way because the "advice" that was given to me was advice that was displayed in the vids by the way we played. The "advice" they gave me came off with a tone of superiority. Compare "Somebody's" post to Raging Missle's post. Raging missle gave a good comment on the vid, even though I feel I use samus's techniques effectively, but he didn't come off with a tone that said "i would beat you"

Another good post. I don't like the "a good falcon would punish the playstyle" assumption, but he awknowledged that there were some good things about my samus and didn't automatically dismiss them cuz i am new. Feel me?

Yeah yeah, I know that when I ask people to rate me i should expect advice, but like i said, it was advice on tactics that were already being displayed in the vids, so they were just saying it to feel superior. And maybe a pro would beat me, who knows, but are these guys that are posting pros? Can they be so sure to beat me? The only one ive seen in vids is crashman.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm getting a LOT less credit than I deserve, just because I'm new. Am I right or wrong?

Cuz I think I'm right, if anyone wants to prove me wrong...then I guess we'll see what happens.
I'll say it again, you're wrong. Take a look at some other Samus video threads, to my knowledge, one of them doesn't even have replies and it fell to the second page never to be seen again. There aren't good things to acknowledge because you are asking for critique, it's also hard to point out good things to a unique style of play (every Samus has their own), so we point the bad things out so we help you become a better player.

Here's a piece of advice, stop dismissing everything that doesn't recognize your play style, people have opinions and they are free to say them. If you don't like it, you shouldn't make this thread.

Since I disagree with you, my location is up by my avatar, so come on up and show me what you got.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I hate when people assume just because you are not a pro that you suck, its not true.
I guess that's only fair, because we hate it when people assume they're the **** when they haven't even gone to a real 1v1 tournament.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Tip: Don't post a video if you don't want to be criticized. And you say that Crashman is wrong about the falcon? Lets put it this way. I 4 stock all the new samus's on the block at smashfest, and crashman 4 stocked me. Crashman is I think tied with watty as the best samus in the midwest. A complete noob with 1 post telling him he is wrong means nothing.

KuGeR MaGnUm

Smash Rookie
lol ah, what a nice discussion we have going on.
Once again, you didn't answer my question on the other thread. What makes you think you are in a position to tell us how to play if you aren't a pro yourself.

The way I see it there are only 2 scenarios in which a person can tell someone they suck.

1. You are better than the person
2. You have enough respect in the smash scene to give advice

I see people being condescending when they aren't better and don't have a respected presence in the smash community, so that's my beef.

I know phanna, aftermath, crashman, and watty have a place to say such things, but bluedeath? Doesn't make sense to me.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
you're just a overly confident noob who really takes a dislike to what they don't want to hear, you came here wanting to be phrased and worshipped over how played but got offensive when you heard wrong. You say I have no place to say such things. Guess what? neither do you saying how you could beat other samus players in this thread, you're really overly cocky, the falcon player does have skill, I never said he didn't but you got mad when you didn't hear "omg you're so good".

Watty

Smash Lord
crashman plays tapion 1 of the best falcons in the country, he knows what he is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom