• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That aside, it's funny they acknowledged that Awakening's story was lacking, and how the writer for this game's daughter said that it was "cliche."
Looks like Awakening's writer had been rekt so hard in this video. Even his own daughter found his story for the game cliche. Major burn. :laugh:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I feel like Corrin would just be a cool character to bring in. Kinda like WFT or Bowser Jr. Nothing to wild/complex/unique, just a cool new character to play as.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel like Corrin would just be a cool character to bring in. Kinda like WFT or Bowser Jr. Nothing to wild/complex/unique, just a cool new character to play as.
This is why I can easily get behind him and Azura (Who's thread I own) since they are both new and unique characters from the Fire Emblem saga. One is essentially a royal prince/princess with the powers of a dragon despite his swordsmanship while the other is a graceful songstress with a holy lance to the boot.

I feel that a Fates representative could easily add more to the table than the common swordsmanship that most of the current Fire Emblem characters in Smash can do (Sorry Chrom). At least they're in a better situation than the Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem protagonists since Atlus would have to be involved for any of them to be in Smash.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
This is why I can easily get behind him and Azura (Who's thread I own) since they are both new and unique characters from the Fire Emblem saga. One is essentially a royal prince/princess with the powers of a dragon despite his swordsmanship while the other is a graceful songstress with a holy lance to the boot.

I feel that a Fates representative could easily add more to the table than the common swordsmanship that most of the current Fire Emblem characters in Smash can do (Sorry Chrom). At least they're in a better situation than the Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem protagonists since Atlus would have to be involved for any of them to be in Smash.
Yeah, I get that reasoning. I'm not sure a spear user would add much, and I don't know the extent of Azura's abilities just yet, but they would definitely be cool additions.

As for SMT x FE, I think one of the protagonists would make a cool Assist. Like they could fuse with their mirage and attack, then unleash their mirage as a final blow. That'd be tight.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Eh, I'd much rather have characters be in for what they can contribute to the game, not because of things like bisexuality or gender. We don't need gay/bisexual/female/black/grass-types/axe-users in Smash just because.

That said, Corrin for Smash! Because he/she's the Lord in the latest Fire Emblem! And because of the Dragon Attacks/Dark Magic/Dragon's Vein/sword combo! Not...because he/she is bi.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, I'd much rather have characters be in for what they can contribute to the game, not because of things like bisexuality or gender. We don't need gay/bisexual/female/black/grass-types/axe-users in Smash just because.

That said, Corrin for Smash! Because he/she's the Lord in the latest Fire Emblem! And because of the Dragon Attacks/Dark Magic/Dragon's Vein/sword combo! Not...because he/she is bi.
It's cool, I was just satricially acting like your average Tumblr stereotype for fun. It would be pretty shallow to have a character in Smash just because of their sexuality, though the same can be said for those who go "muh female representation". Still a pretty cool thing of them to do since it gives more options for those who are interested. :p

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I get ya. For me, the whole homosexual and feminist political push is incredibly annoying to me when it leaks into things I enjoy that have nothing to do politics. I have nothing against what feminism is, and I have no problem with gay rights, but when I see things that I enjoy doing, such as gaming, that unduly contain results or messages of those agendas, it rubs me the wrong way.

Also sexual fanservice is annoying as hell, keep it away from everything ever please IS, Atlus, Square Enix, etc.

Off-topic complaining aside...

Don't get me wrong, it's not like a Smash character should be decided entirely on what they bring moveset-wise (it is for Nintendo all-stars, Smash didn't get big for being Dragon King), but that is undoubtedly a big (and/or the biggest) factor.

I think for me it's 70% for Corrin's moveset potential, and 20% his/her visual design, and 10% the male/female option. The fact that he/she is the Lord in the newest FE is likely a factor that can get his/her foot in the door. And the fact that he/she can transform is even bigger, but as I said before, Corrin's transform form is too big and would likely be delegated to his/her Final Smash.

Last edited:

Akira213

Smash Cadet
Same sex marriages confirmed? I guess we could say that Corrin could be our first bisexual fighter if he were to join Smash. :p

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...2-versions-officially-confirmed-for-the-west/
Was bound to happen at some point. Japan is actually tasteful about homo and trans characters unlike the West though. From a marketing point of view this is actually a pretty good way of drawing attention away from stuff like the incest, partial nudity, sensual dialogue, etc. I still suspect the game is going to be largely censored though, otherwise I don't see why the game isn't coming out till early 2016 for us. I don't think a direct translation would take that long.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Persona 4 did a splendid job in dealing with homosexuality in a non-political way that made you think. They didn't put Kanji Tatsumi in for the sake of it or for conformity. See here in FE I'm getting more political agenda/societal pressure feels from all this, and I highly dislike that.

Not too happy about the incest. The nudity...well...Xenoblade did it, so it looks like IS is going the same route. It's equal treatment and optional, and it doesn't add to your character's stats or growth, so it looks like it's just there. The bath house makes sense culturally, as does skinship, sans incestuous implications. The sensual dialogue makes sense. If a married couple is touching each other in a room, do you not think things will go in that direction? I just hope Ninty makes the right calls on what to censor. They gotta be careful and wise with this one. Nintendo's been getting away with a lot of fanservice-y stuff as of late and I'd hate for it to snowball into potentially worse ways.
See what Nintendo absolutely cannot censor is the awesomeness that is Corrin.:happysheep:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The more I accidentally learn about this game the more hyped I am for it. Guys no spoilers in this thread plz. ._.
I recommend putting it in spoilers about 3 times if you really want to share.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The more I accidentally learn about this game the more hyped I am for it. Guys no spoilers in this thread plz. ._.
I recommend putting it in spoilers about 3 times if you really want to share.
It's not really a spoiler per se, but an official announcement from Nintendo of America itself (especially given the Tomodachi Life controversy last year). At least no ones going as far as sharing stream videos and other leaked material like Gamefaqs.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If they slap an M rating, it would easily get here without much, if any, censorship. A case similar to Dual Destinies, maybe? A CERO C-rated game gets marked by ESRB as M...

:231:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
There isn't a whole lot that would warrant an M rating. Probably the homosexuality, incest, and skinship. The nudity is relatively tame given the graphics and limitations of the 3DS.

I'd like them to keep it T.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There isn't a whole lot that would warrant an M rating. Probably the homosexuality, incest, and skinship. The nudity is relatively tame given the graphics and limitations of the 3DS.

I'd like them to keep it T.
This, the game is most likely going to get that T rating and it's nowhere near as bad a your average Grand Theft Auto game (One was even recalled and rerated just because of the hidden minigame that would warrant it an AO rating). The skinship though, I doubt they'll do much with this since as far you go is a single rub as opposed to feeling the whole thing like Pokemon Amie.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yeah it's kinda stupid tbh. How about they just copy Persona and do Social Links in place of My Room. I mean it'd be like Support convos, but deeper.

My Room would be better if it were limited to romantic relations imo

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah it's kinda stupid tbh. How about they just copy Persona and do Social Links in place of My Room. I mean it'd be like Support convos, but deeper.
Inb4 Social Links are confirmed in Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

What? It's bound to happen sooner or later. :troll:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Persona 4 did a splendid job in dealing with homosexuality in a non-political way that made you think. They didn't put Kanji Tatsumi in for the sake of it or for conformity. See here in FE I'm getting more political agenda/societal pressure feels from all this, and I highly dislike that.

Not too happy about the incest. The nudity...well...Xenoblade did it, so it looks like IS is going the same route. It's equal treatment and optional, and it doesn't add to your character's stats or growth, so it looks like it's just there. The bath house makes sense culturally, as does skinship, sans incestuous implications. The sensual dialogue makes sense. If a married couple is touching each other in a room, do you not think things will go in that direction? I just hope Ninty makes the right calls on what to censor. They gotta be careful and wise with this one. Nintendo's been getting away with a lot of fanservice-y stuff as of late and I'd hate for it to snowball into potentially worse ways.
See what Nintendo absolutely cannot censor is the awesomeness that is Corrin.:happysheep:

Seems like you weren't aware that incest was already a thing in FE, as with FE4. Can't blame ya though. I don't even know much about that game other than the fact there are **** and incest in it.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Seems like you weren't aware that incest was already a thing in FE, as with FE4. Can't blame ya though. I don't even know much about that game other than the fact there are **** and incest in it.
I'm fully aware there was incest in FE4. And there was censorship in Awakening. But here it's just so blatant. Compounded by the skinshipping and all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why is "Allowed" spelled "Aloud"?
Blue was probably in a rush to even care and wanted to be straightforward. I wouldn't be surprised if he avoids this topic for a while just because of the spoilers (even though the same sex marriage was an official announcement instead of a spoiler).

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, they are too big alright. They're everywhere since he's quite the popular character. :troll:

So, what's your opinion on the big news yesterday?
I'm pretty happy while a little disappointed. I'm glad that F!Kamui can have two kids with any almost any guy now unlike F!Robin who only has Chrom.

Having gay options makes me really happy! People may complain about who was chosen to represent that but seriously guys? It's a step in the right direction. This is what makes me disappointed. The tantrums people are throwing because they didn't like the characters chosen to be gay options for Kamui. I honestly think that Aqua and Silas would've been better choices for gay options but I'm still glad.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly
Biggest disappointment with the news so far with Fates in release
Is how... little you can actually change Corrin/Kamui outside of hair/face.
We went from 3 options down to 2.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Honestly
Biggest disappointment with the news so far with Fates in release
Is how... little you can actually change Corrin/Kamui outside of hair/face.
We went from 3 options down to 2.
Agreed. I'm sad that there is no mature build for F!Corrin yet that loli build is still there.

I don't like lolis so this was one of the worst changes this game made for me.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Agreed. I'm sad that there is no mature build for F!Corrin yet that loli build is still there.

I don't like lolis so this was one of the worst changes this game made for me.
F!Corrin kept the "younger" look
M!Corrin kept the "Older" look.
Which is a shame because I enjoyed the younger looking M!Robin and pretty sure I went older F!Robin too.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Wait, there's a younger Female Corrin build but not an older, and an older Corrin build but not a younger?

That's stupid...

At least their default looks are awesome enough.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If we're going to get Kamui in the game, you guys need to go all out before the ballot ends, there's 0.01 chance he's planned pre-ballot at this point.
Time to stop by the ballot again since this game literally screams Game of the Year material. There's a disturbing lack of dragons in the roster and he/she can easily solve that now that Ridley's "out of commission".

With the game having a Famitsu score of 36 and the game finally being out, there's no doubt some fans in Japan would think about supporting him in the ballot. After all, it makes sense to have a new interesting character over another Awakening rep. Never underestimate the huge following that Fire Emblem has on the Eastern side of things.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice

Finished, isn't it lovely?

Now everyone else needs to do their part. :smirk:
Did the same. I'm seriously excited now. I bet Sakurai is playing Fates right now and thinking "Wow, Kamui/Aqua are so awesome... Let's put em' in Smash!

My friend told me in Japan in some stores, Fates sold out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom