• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If it did change though what do you think it'll be?
Theos. Not only it suits the Greek theme of the franchise, but it follows the god/divine being theme of his naming. Translate both names and you'll see what I mean.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can tell that @JamesDNaux and @ Oasis_S Oasis_S would love these news. Kawaii maids for Smash! :troll:
To be a maid, is not to be kawaii.

Kawaii comes from Strength.

And to be a maid, you must be Strong.

He turns quickly, white apron billowing in the wind. His black dress vanishes into the night sky, stars sparkling, the clean kitchen floor that is our universe.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be a maid, is not to be kawaii.

Kawaii comes from Strength.

And to be a maid, you must be Strong.

He turns quickly, white apron billowing in the wind. His black dress vanishes into the night sky, stars sparkling, the clean kitchen floor that is our universe.
You still have it in you old friend. It feels so good to be Strong again.

True strength comes from the best French outfit that one can wear in Smash.

So if Kamui were to join the battle, he would need to have the perfect outfit for an alternate. Preferably one that is based on the maid from the Hoshido Kingdom. Sexy.

Izuki C4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Raios
Im fully on board with the dragon lords being dlc. If they are, i think these are what their costumes should be:

Male:
Marx
Dark Knight looking guy
Samurai dude
Archer

Female:
Camilla
Onii-chan
Hinoka
Onii-sama

I think those character colors will represent both versions equally

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Im fully on board with the dragon lords being dlc. If they are, i think these are what their costumes should be:

Male:
Marx
Dark Knight looking guy
Samurai dude
Archer

Female:
Camilla
Onii-chan
Hinoka
Onii-sama

Seems about right, especially with the type of colors Lucina had in the end. :awesome:

And like @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 would ask, which side would you want to be on before becoming on of us (Hoshido or Nohr)?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Since the Black Kingdom version of if will be arguably the more popular version of it, it's more of a reason to have the female as the default. She's even featured on the front cover of it to show how much attention she would possibly get (Other than the more "obvious reasons" :urg:).

Other than the fact that he can partially transform with draconic features (limbs and face), he can use the Dragon's Vein to manipulate the terrain in a variety of ways like earth control and growing grass. Great, now people would accuse Kamui of being a possible Isaac clone. :laugh:
Kamui is such a freaking Isaac clone!:troll:

Zionaze

Smash Ace

Male:
Marx
Dark Knight looking guy
Samurai dude
Archer

Female:
Camilla
Onii-chan
Hinoka
Onii-sama

Im still hoping For
Default Male
Nohr male
Hoshido male
Swimsuit male
Default female
Nohr female
Hoshido female
Swimsuit female
:troll:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman

Male:
Marx
Dark Knight looking guy
Samurai dude
Archer

Female:
Camilla
Onii-chan
Hinoka
Onii-sama

Great, but deafult tho?

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I prefer female, but i have a feeling itll probably be male. Either way i would use male.
For me, I'd wait to see what Smash personalities, facial structure by console graphics, quotes, and more things like that given to both gender versions of Kamui before I decide which I use more.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For me, I'd wait to see what Smash personalities, facial structure by console graphics, quotes, and more things like that given to both gender versions of Kamui before I decide which I use more.
Same here, because we won't know what their personalities will be unless we play the game for ourselves. Though that probably won't happen until we see an in-depth trailer for E3 or play the game next year since we would rather not expose ourselves to Japanese spoilers. I can imagine someone having to deal with choosing which side of the family being rather angsty or less than cheerful.

Izuki C4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Raios
Same here, because we won't know what their personalities will be unless we play the game for ourselves. Though that probably won't happen until we see an in-depth trailer for E3 or play the game next year since we would rather not expose ourselves to Japanese spoilers. I can imagine someone having to deal with choosing which side of the family being rather angsty or less than cheerful.
True, but the only reason i think female is because it would even out with robin, whose default is male.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman

Male:
Marx
Dark Knight looking guy
Samurai dude
Archer

Female:
Camilla
Onii-chan
Hinoka
Onii-sama

I mean thats 8, that would mean there wouldnt be room 4 defult costumes...

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Female Kamui seems to be more heavily marketed, but I might be wrong.
I'd like, though, instead of just straight up pallet swaps, for Kamui's alternate costumes to have different heads (body type would probably be out because it would in most cases either make hitboxes disjointed [bad], or make the hitboxes different across costumes [weird, in a bad way], but I wouldn't be opposed to it if it doesn't do either of the two).
I can't pretend that I wasn't disappointed when Robin's alts were just pallete swaps, and I hope that Kamui shows off the customization aspect of FE a bit more. ith Awakening and NMotE it was a bit more uncertain that it would be staying, since Robin and Chris were more secondary characters, but with Kamui being clearly the protagonist I don't think that there is any question of if it is going to return, so I see no reason for them to not show it off.
They can still do the 'based off of other characters' thing with that, so I think it's possible they'll do:
(Human Form/Dragon Form)
  • Female Default/Female Default Dragon
  • Aqua/Ninain
  • Camilla/Ena
  • Hinoka/Myrrh
  • Male Default/Male Default Dragon
  • Marx/Rajaion
  • Ryouma/Morva
  • Julius (GotHW)/Loptyr
Thoughts?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I highly doubt FE14 will be in the recency stable by the time SSB5 is developed for the next generation. I'm thinking it'll be even longer than the time between Brawl & SSB4. But Sakurai really flipped the Fire Emblem paradigm with this game, so who knows.

If anything, I can see Kamui and Aqua being prime candidates together for DLC if we're going by this game. A dragon prince(ss) and a songstress with a holy spear? Gotta love that Fire Emblem's really rounding out the capabilities of primary story characters rather than "blue lord with sword."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I highly doubt FE14 will be in the recency stable by the time SSB5 is developed for the next generation. I'm thinking it'll be even longer than the time between Brawl & SSB4. But Sakurai really flipped the Fire Emblem paradigm with this game, so who knows.

If anything, I can see Kamui and Aqua being prime candidates together for DLC if we're going by this game. A dragon prince(ss) and a songstress with a holy spear? Gotta love that Fire Emblem's really rounding out the capabilities of primary story characters rather than "blue lord with sword."

And thus why he was deconfirmed since that fateful day. Sakurai thought it would be a better idea to have a transforming, weather manipulating dragon prince(ess) and a magical spear wielding songstress. Sometimes, I feel that he is starting to make the right decisions with the Fire Emblem representation this time around other than just the music.

Izuki C4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Raios

And thus why he was deconfirmed since that fateful day. Sakurai thought it would be a better idea to have a transforming, weather manipulating dragon prince(ess) and a magical spear wielding songstress. Sometimes, I feel that he is starting to make the right decisions with the Fire Emblem representation this time around other than just the music.
Im not so sure especially with that roy info found in the 3ds version. If roy does get it, i hope he gets a new moveset. Otherwise we have 3 marth clones

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Im not so sure especially with that roy info found in the 3ds version. If roy does get it, i hope he gets a new moveset. Otherwise we have 3 marth clones
Roy simply came back because Sakurai himself hates cuts in addition to the many fans that begged for his return (mostly the Japanese ones). I do hope that he at least has some changes in his moveset to fully differentiate himself from Marth and Lucina, even if he even keeps a few of his good attacks. Good thing we have at least a few weeks left until we at least see him or Ryu revealed now that we know that they're guaranteed at this point.

On a more Kamui related note, what do you guys think of this moveset that someone made on Fantendo. Several of the more original ideas like the idea of him breathing fire with a dragon's face seem like things that wouldn't feel too out of character for him/her.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Kamui_(Smash_V)

Izuki C4

Smash Rookie
NNID
Raios
Roy simply came back because Sakurai himself hates cuts in addition to the many fans that begged for his return (mostly the Japanese ones). I do hope that he at least has some changes in his moveset to fully differentiate himself from Marth and Lucina, even if he even keeps a few of his good attacks. Good thing we have at least a few weeks left until we at least see him or Ryu revealed now that we know that they're guaranteed at this point.

On a more Kamui related note, what do you guys think of this moveset that someone made on Fantendo. Several of the more original ideas like the idea of him breathing fire with a dragon's face seem like things that wouldn't feel too out of character for him/her.

I think the moveset is very interesting, especially with the 2 sets of specials. I see the dragon vein set being closest to his actual moveset if he/she is added

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Female Kamui seems to be more heavily marketed, but I might be wrong.
I'd like, though, instead of just straight up pallet swaps, for Kamui's alternate costumes to have different heads (body type would probably be out because it would in most cases either make hitboxes disjointed [bad], or make the hitboxes different across costumes [weird, in a bad way], but I wouldn't be opposed to it if it doesn't do either of the two).
I can't pretend that I wasn't disappointed when Robin's alts were just pallete swaps, and I hope that Kamui shows off the customization aspect of FE a bit more. ith Awakening and NMotE it was a bit more uncertain that it would be staying, since Robin and Chris were more secondary characters, but with Kamui being clearly the protagonist I don't think that there is any question of if it is going to return, so I see no reason for them to not show it off.
They can still do the 'based off of other characters' thing with that, so I think it's possible they'll do:
(Human Form/Dragon Form)
  • Female Default/Female Default Dragon
  • Aqua/Ninain
  • Camilla/Ena
  • Hinoka/Myrrh
  • Male Default/Male Default Dragon
  • Marx/Rajaion
  • Ryouma/Morva
  • Julius (GotHW)/Loptyr
Thoughts?
Adding to your eight character presets idea, I'm thinking that they should create eight more costume alt spots for players to create and customize alts. Hairstyles, hair colors, and facial features being options and all. No voices and body types. Can only use existing outfits from the presets. It would understandably be very low on the modeling priority list. I'd like that they may do the same for Robin, for free. Now to provide possible strong or weak downsides/arguments against my own wishful thinking :(

• "Unnecessary" man-hours and resources spent (They went this far with Smash Tour)
  • "Novelty would wear off fast" (You don't really have to use the option then, you know)
  • "WTF? FE is overrepresented!" (Likely stated by the vocal minority of GameFAQs users. That board, am I right?)
  • "Too many Robin and Kamui players online!" (How many Mewtwo players in For Glory after up to this day?)
  • Hair clipping for female Robin and female Kamui hairstyles (Understandable, but Palutena's hair is somehow tolerable)
  • A little ambitious to do this all the way (Ambitious would be to add Adventure Mode, think)

Last edited:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman

I'd cry on the inside if the victory animations and taunts were actually used. They would be like Peach and Marth in the "make people butthurt" department

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd cry on the inside if the victory animations and taunts were actually used. They would be like Peach and Marth in the "make people butthurt" department
That's the intention, Fire Emblem characters should make people butthurt since they are the biggest smartasses in history (Like Lucina for example). It wouldn't be too out of character for him/her since they most likely had to deal with family drama from both kingdoms anyway. :troll:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Adding to your eight character presets idea, I'm thinking that they should create eight more costume alt spots for players to create and customize alts. Hairstyles, hair colors, and facial features being options and all. No voices and body types. Can only use existing outfits from the presets. It would understandably be very low on the modeling priority list. I'd like that they may do the same for Robin, for free. Now to provide possible strong or weak downsides/arguments against my own wishful thinking :(

• "Unnecessary" man-hours and resources spent (They went this far with Smash Tour)
  • "Novelty would wear off fast" (You don't really have to use the option then, you know)
  • "WTF? FE is overrepresented!" (Likely stated by the vocal minority of GameFAQs users. That board, am I right?)
  • "Too many Robin and Kamui players online!" (How many Mewtwo players in For Glory after up to this day?)
  • Hair clipping for female Robin and female Kamui hairstyles (Understandable, but Palutena's hair is somehow tolerable)
  • A little ambitious to do this all the way (Ambitious would be to add Adventure Mode, think)
I'd like that a lot.
Online might be another issue, but since there are significantly fewer possible avatars than Miis (fun fact: there are 205405123375491670015638667313331943363327081531519795200000 unique Miis), it might be easier to pull off.
However, I'd honestly expect that kinda thing to appear in 5mash instead of Sm4sh, especially given that Mewtwo didn't have customs. But since everyone Sakurai likes Fire Emblem, maybe they'd go the extra mile?
I'm not going to hold my breath for it appearing in Sm4sh, but 5mash might be a good bet depending on how much polish goes into it. But I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Even then, Chrom could've worked within his archetype. I proved it! Sakurai just didn't like how he was shaping out for whatever reason, so he got the axe. Instead, we get a draft of ignorance by giving us Lucina as a promoted alt costume clone anyways. But... we got Robin, so that's all we need.

Speaking on Smash 5 chances, Maybe Kamui & Aqua, Marx, Ryouma, etc. would fare better IF (see what I just did?) his series gets a second game in its saga a la Tellius & Elibe or even becomes a trilogy. I'd actually be down for that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Even then, Chrom could've worked within his archetype. I proved it! Sakurai just didn't like how he was shaping out for whatever reason, so he got the axe. Instead, we get a draft of ignorance by giving us Lucina as a promoted alt costume clone anyways. But... we got Robin, so that's all we need.

Speaking on Smash 5 chances, Maybe Kamui & Aqua, Marx, Ryouma, etc. would fare better IF (see what I just did?) his series gets a second game in its saga a la Tellius & Elibe or even becomes a trilogy. I'd actually be down for that.
So getting effectively 3 full-length campaigns in this one game wasn't enough? And at 3 seperate charges no less!
Man, aren't we getting hooked into this little tale already!

Honestly we need to see how IF's story works out before we can put any estimate on it being open for a sequel.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
How about
Fire Emblem: NINE
Fire Emblem: Nocturne (Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series)
Fire Emblem: IMAGINE
Fire Emblem: Strange Journey
Wait does this mean SMTxFE confirmed??!!!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How about
Fire Emblem: NINE
Fire Emblem: Nocturne (Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series)
Fire Emblem: IMAGINE
Fire Emblem: Strange Journey
Wait does this mean SMTxFE confirmed??!!!!
Fire Emblem: Persona
Fire Emblem: Manakete Children
Fire Emblem: Digital Dragon
Fire Emblem: Mage Summoner

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Fire Emblem: Soul Calibur Edition

Ft. Link and Nightmare as guest characters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uuuuh guys, you might want to take a look at this.

I guess this shows that there are some Smash fans on Imgur that seriously want Kamui to be in the roster regardless of Roy's upcoming inclusion.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Uuuuh guys, you might want to take a look at this.

I guess this shows that there are some Smash fans on Imgur that seriously want Kamui to be in the roster regardless of Roy's upcoming inclusion.
This could seriously be a poster to print copies of and get support with that QR code stuff going on! ... And I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Top Bottom