• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Guide to DI, Smash DI, C-stick DI, Teching and Crouch Cancelling --- Updated

Magus420

Smash Master
This is what I've come to understand on the 'invisible ceiling' glitch:

With Marth's up-b, if it's done on the ground and hits someone's shield they lose any vertical movement from knockback (up or down) they may get from being hit until they land (or maybe close to landing) again. So say it's Falco vs a Marth set @ 999% in training mode. Falco is shielding and Marth up-bs on the ground, and then Falco jumps out of shield and spikes him with a d-air. The Marth will fly horizontally and die off the side of the screen from the downwards knockback being removed. In this case, something about hitting the shield with it from the ground makes the game remove vertical knockback he may get until landing again. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's likely what causes other 'invisible ceiling' type knockbacks. This move may just have a very long duration on the glitch which makes it easy to do, and also doable while they're not in some upwards motion which would get that instant up to down movement shift.

DI is included with it, so if a Fox did an u-air in the same situation they just kind of flop around and drift to the side while in massive hitstun until they hit the ground/wall/whatever (yes you can tech here but there's no actual invisible ceiling so you can't tech that) or die off the bottom of the stage if you're near the edge of the stage. If they DI any bit to a side it gives them a significant amount of horizontal knockback, which when amplified at 999%, makes them go flying off the side of the screen.

Other pre-existing vertical movement can/is kept, so if Marth is hit as he's still going up after hitting the shield (like hitting a proximity mine on a platform above him) he'll fly back with a combination of the upwards movement of the up-b and horizontal (vertical is removed) knockback of the mine and little bit from the up-b too probably, and then the moment the up-b movement stops he suddenly starts falling downwards while going away. The resulting knockback looks kind of like this: /\

I don't believe this type of movement is a result of some invisible ceiling or something that you hit and makes you fall back down. I believe it's just the game incorrectly applying an accelerated fall speed when it should really be starting at 0.

I would imagine it is the result of the game using a falling speed after a certain duration of acceleration which included the time of vertical movement of something else (in this case Marth's upward movement of the up-b). So when the first upward movement stops and immediately changes to a fall speed that has already been accelerated it looks like you bounce off of an invisible ceiling. Basically you go up and then when it ends, instead of starting to accelerate downwards from zero you start with near top/top falling speed since your fall speed was already being increased (though not yet applied) during the other movement. The same/similar thing proabably happens with some countered attacks and other invisible ceiling instances.

Being on the receiving end of the glitch can often be a bad thing for non vertical attacks, especially with characters like Marth that rely on being high up to recover horizontally. In the proximity mine on the platform scenario he dies a good amount sooner with it than without since he ends up so low and out from the stage instead of being able to fall a decent while to get some distance.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I've read most of this thread and I still have one small question. It's a hypothetical situation that I think would answer my question.

Say you are around 150%. Marth fsmashes you to the right. What will happen if you ASDI to the left and then SDI to the left for every remaining frame of the hitlag. Will this lessen the speed at which you are sent flying, or will it just move you to the left like half a step before you get hit by the move and will fly off at the same speed and projectory?

Down A

Smash Journeyman
i also have a quick quistion(seeing as you're answering a lot of people).
when your in a 'infinite' shinecombo from fox(with peach) is it possibel to make it harder for the fox to continue shining you or to even complete di out of it?
I have tried but have no idea as to what i should do when that first shine hits me.

EDIT: when you get hit by fox's uair, i always try to smashdi out of it with the controlstick (wich often means simply 'fast dashdancing' in the air)and this sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Is it better to simply hold the c-stick, and in wich direction would be most efficient?

allready thanks,

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
i also have a quick quistion(seeing as you're answering a lot of people).
when your in a 'infinite' shinecombo from fox(with peach) is it possibel to make it harder for the fox to continue shining you or to even complete di out of it?
I have tried but have no idea as to what i should do when that first shine hits me.

EDIT: when you get hit by fox's uair, i always try to smashdi out of it with the controlstick (wich often means simply 'fast dashdancing' in the air)and this sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Is it better to simply hold the c-stick, and in wich direction would be most efficient?

allready thanks,
This is my understanding:

Hold both sticks away from Fox when you are being shine combo'd. I don't play Peach vs Fox, but I know this makes a big enough difference as Samus vs Fox. You can do the same thing to avoid Ice Climbers' nana-dair chain grab with many characters.

When fox is going to up-air you, hold the c-stick in the direction opposite to his momentum (ie, if he's flying up and to the left towards you, hold the c-stick to the right) -- if he's just going straight up, hold the c-stick away from him (in front of him, further away from his 2nd foot).

I say to use the c-stick because it's much easier than trying to use the control stick, and while it will only Smash DI once per hit, I doubt you could get more than 1 SDI off, especially since most moves only have 2-3 frames of hitlag.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Noob Question: Do you Smash DI upwards after getting hit by Marth's F smash? And which way do you Smash DI when getting hit by vert kills like Fox's U air or U smash.

Down A

Smash Journeyman
all right, thanks...

so holding the c-stick up(or even down) is not a good option? never really tried it but was wondering.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Down A, holding the c stick up or down vs fox's shine as peach doesn't do anything at all.

If you're pinned against a wall and the fox doesn't mess up, you can't get out. Your best bet would be to try shielding or crouching in case he gets too slow once.
On FD, you can try surprising the fox by smash DIing towards him and eventually he'll have to change direction but that could be a bad thing to do..
I doubt you can escape by smash DIing away because peach has such a high traction.

Lucky Sharmz, Smash DIing against those moves does almost nothing. normal DI is way more important.

Down A

Smash Journeyman
sorry, but with smash di up/down i ment when trying to escape the second hit of fox's uair.
but allready thanks for the help guys, i hate being killed so easily so by decent fox's

Magus420

Smash Master
I've been able to get out of a wall infinite a number of times by smash DIing and ASDIing behind them and then the next shine hits me the other way. It may be 2 smash DIs when it happens since I do a quarter circle when smash DIing. Perhaps it nudges them into the wall by being behind them and then you don't push through them enough again to end up between them and the wall afterwards, and then the following shine hits from the other side.

Magus420

Smash Master
I held down-left on the control and perpendicular to the slope of the ground (between down-left and down) on the c-stick. You can't do that on flat ground and need at least a slight slope at that damage since smash DIing into the stage while on the ground like that can't make you tech. It's the ASDI that allows you to tech, and it doesn't get you close enough on flat ground to hit the stage.

In case anyone else was wondering about the rest of it, what I did afterwards was d-smash on the open frame/s (there's only 1 with that kind of knockback, but there will always be at least 1 there with anything) after the tech-roll but before sliding off the stage, and then IASA'd the d-smash directly into more d-smashes to kill time and wear off the ridiculous amount of momentum I had going from the hit. I also added the b-throw in at the end in case someone was convinced I had the damage ratio changed or something screwy.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I held down-left on the control and perpendicular to the slope of the ground (between down-left and down) on the c-stick. You can't do that on flat ground and need at least a slight slope at that damage since smash DIing into the stage while on the ground like that can't make you tech. It's the ASDI that allows you to tech, and it doesn't get you close enough on flat ground to hit the stage.

In case anyone else was wondering about the rest of it, what I did afterwards was d-smash on the open frame/s (there's only 1 with that kind of knockback, but there will always be at least 1 there with anything) after the tech-roll but before sliding off the stage, and then IASA'd the d-smash directly into more d-smashes to kill time and wear off the ridiculous amount of momentum I had going from the hit. I also added the b-throw in at the end in case someone was convinced I had the damage ratio changed or something screwy.
Isn't teching supposed to stop movement altogether? How is it that you still have momentum after the tech roll?

soap

Smash Hero
when you do quarter circle DI, attempt to input multiple smash DI's during hitlag does the stick have to return to the neutral position, or can you just roll it. also is the c stick even necessary to get out of foxs upairs, couldnt i just smash with the stick against his momentum, does holding the cstick in the same direction add anything

Uck

Smash Journeyman
This is a very interesting topic that I have not spent to much time mastering thank you for reminding me with this update.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Thanks, too bad I can't practice.

P.S. RSC, as other have said it's usually when you have high damage and get hit hard horizontally. I don't know any good examples but it happens to me a lot.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
I remember several times that I've teched and slid halfway across the stage, usually at a high damage, or from a very powerful attack, as seen in the video. My mates usually get thrown off by it, but I've gotten used to it.
This has happened to me a lot too. Often times I'll slide across the entirety of the stage, stop for a split second at the end, and then be sucked off by momentum. It's an interesting phenomenon. It saves my life and confuses my oponents. It often results from trying to shield or dodge too late.

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
I was told that I would need to read this thread 10 times to understand it fully......they were right. This is an insanely awesome post and I thank Doraki for getting it out there.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if it was address, but I read that there was a window where you couldn't retech. Is that why on videos people fall back below to stage to recover to cover up that untechable time? And is there a specified lenght of time for it?

Godfinger

Smash Rookie
can someone elaborate on quarter cirlce di? Is quarter cirlce di with the c-stick or control stick? And also are you supposed to use smash di 90 degrees to your trajectory or regular di?

Doraki

Smash Lord
Sorry if it was address, but I read that there was a window where you couldn't retech. Is that why on videos people fall back below to stage to recover to cover up that untechable time? And is there a specified lenght of time for it?
yes, once you press L/R, you can't press L/R again to tech in the next 2/3rd of a second.

can someone elaborate on quarter cirlce di? Is quarter cirlce di with the c-stick or control stick? And also are you supposed to use smash di 90 degrees to your trajectory or regular di?
no, quarter-circle DI is doing smash DIs do it's only with the control stick. You have to end up with the stick perpendicular to the trajectory so the best if you're sent diagonally up and away would be to start diagonally-down towards the stage and rotate to diagonally-up towards the stage. It don't know if it's really worth it because you always risk screwing up the regular DI though.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
So I went to training mode to practice this edge teching nonsense, and I had my friend try to kill me while we were both Marth. I found that I can 100% of the time edge tech when he uses the pokey, utilizing just ASDI. But I can edge tech the fsmash like 1/10 times, and whenever he spontaneously uses the pokey, I always tech it. Is this because you have to smash DI the fsmash?

eLantern

Smash Cadet
DI Questions

Hi,
I have been playing SSBM with my friends for a long time and i have only fairly recently discovered that we actually suck at it. The reason i discovered this unfortunate fact is because of this site, which i am pretty new to, but i have been learning a whole lot of new things about this game that i never knew about before. I can only thank all of you well informed and professional smashers out there who constantly write helpful advice and informitive guides on this site. I would like to ask some detailed questions on the Directional Influence (DI) aspect of the game because i have had some difficulty comprehending some of it.

1. How does Directional Influencing incorporate itself into the technique called Wiggling, which is suppose to help you recover in the air quicker than normal, after being struck? Is Wiggling an accurate technique or is it under scrutiny?

2. I think i kind of understand what Smash DI is thanks to Doraki's explanation of; "During the frames when you first take a hit, the so called hit lag frames, in which you're sort of frozen in place right before you get sent flying you can actually move around a little bit by smashing the control stick in a direction, this is Smash DI (SDI), but you can only move enough to possibly save your life." When saving your life is mentioned was he referring to getting yourself out of an attack's "Sweet Spot" with SDI or is that too far of a move for SDI and he is instead just referring to moving yourself slightly into a better position in order to affect your trajectory angle so that you may save your life with Regular DI (DI) and Automatic Smash DI (ASDI)?

Also, what does Doraki mean when he says; "If the hit is Techable"? Was he saying that certain moves by certain charaters aren't techable, like Fox's Shine? Plus, he wrote under Forbidden Smash DI that; "If you are on the ground and are hit by a non-Techable move that sends you horizontally or downwards, you won't be able to SDI up." Is a non-Techable move ANY move that sends someone completely horizontal or downwards or was he just trying to say that in the case of a non-Techable move that sends you horizontally or downwards you just won't be able to use the SDI up but in theory you could still use SDI towards the opponent, away or even down?

Perhaps my knowledge on Teching is incomplete or simply incorrect. At first I thought Teching was just simply hitting the "L" or "R" button as soon as your character is about to hit the floor, but thanks to Doraki's Teching post i understand now that you actually only have 20 frames in which after pressing the "L" or "R" button you must strike a floor, wall or ceilling to be able to perform the Tech, which is standing up immediately (landing on your feet) or with some DI you can perform a Tech-Roll granting you some invincibility for a few frames while you roll on the floor. However, it's the wall / ceiling Tech that has me a bit confused now. I thought that all you had to do to perform a wall Tech was simply smash the control stick in the opposite direction of the wall once you were about to fly into it granting you a wall jump off of it. There is more to that isn't there like using the "L" or "R"? ...and would you perform the ceiling Tech the same way as a wall Tech?

3. Does anyone have anymore detailed information on the so called "Quarter-circle DI"?

4. When Doraki wrote about Regular DI he mentions that you can influence your trajectory after being sent flying by inputting DI perpendicular to the default trajectory and i just want to make sure i'm perfectly clear on understanding 'perpendicular to the trajectory'. My example is; if i am sent flying by a hit at a 45 degree angle to the right of the screen, towards being off screen, the only DI input that will work / affect my trajectory is either down and to the right which i don't think will help me survive as much as DI up and to the left. The DI up and to the left should lift my character higher than normal and slow me down, right? What won't work at all is DI that goes against the trajectory meaning, DI that's down and to the left or DI that's with the trajectory being up and to the right, correct?

5. If you use the example i wrote in question #4 about how my character is possibly flying towards his or her death to the right of the screen and then apply the Automatic Smash DI (ASDI) to the situation as well what i would want to do in that case is...
input DI up and to the left and then with the ASDI, which of course would need to be inputted prior to the last frame of the hit lag, I could point the C-Stick in ANY direction i want to affect my character's flight regardless of the trajectory, because ASDI doesn't have to be perpendicular to the trajectory angle. So down and to the left with ASDI plus the up and to the left DI would probably be the most helpful thing i could do in trying to keep my character from dieing, correct?

6. What exactly are instant ground Techs? Ties in with ASDI and Crouch Canceling, right?

7. I'm pretty sure i have a good understanding of the hit lag frames in which you can enter your Smash DI, but i was wondering after your hit into the air and are stunned or dissy, during this state, is this the only time that you are able to affect your character with the DI / ASDI? I wondered this because once you become righted and ready to attack isn't it Aerial Control that takes over and affects your flight at that point?

THANKS TO ALL THAT HELP ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!
i hope they are understandable and not to stupid,
eLantern

eLantern

Smash Cadet
Some DI questions I had I found answers for but I still have others.

O.K. after actually reading every post on here several times, especially every Doraki's post, to make sure i understood everything being explained, i have found several of the answers to the questions i had but there are some questions that i still have. I address my questions in order below.

1. The technique of wiggling the stick while flying in order to reduce your stun time is false! Plus, mashing left, right, left, right, completely prevents you from teching so you should NEVER do that.

2. I could only find answers to parts of my second question / questions...

*SDI doesn't affect your trajectory.
*Yes, certain moves are non-techable, those are moves that don't cause a character any stun, i believe.
*Yes, you do need to use the "L" or "R" buttons to perform a wall or a ceiling Tech. All you really need to know is how you'll fly and when you'll hit a wall/floor/ceiling and then all you have to do is press "L" or "R" before hitting the wall, but not too early either.

Questions that i still have for # 2 are...

a) The question about using SDI to avoid a "Sweet Spot" is that a reasonable purpose for it?
b) If you are on the ground and are hit by a non-Techable move that sends you horizontally or downwards you won't be able to SDI up but actually you shouldn't be able to SDI in any direction at all, right, not just up? Or at least if it turns out that you can there really isn't any kind of benefit for performing it, right?
c) Just pressing "L" or "R" to wall / ceiling tech isn't enough you need to select a direction too, right, like up or away on a wall just as you would to perform a tech roll on the floor, correct? Do you have to smash that direction just prior to striking the wall / ceiling or can you input the direction early and not have to smash it? Plus, if i don't select a direction my character will just automaticly correct themselves with a small bounce off of the wall but not jump from it, right because of the "L" or "R" button?

3. This extra detail on a "Quarter-circle DI" is still a bit confusing but this is what i found...

*"Quarter-circle DIing" is doing smash DIs, which of course is only possible with the control stick, and you have to rotate the smashes. You want to end up with the stick perpendicular to the trajectory, so the best way of "Quarter-circle DIing" if you're going to be sent diagonally up and away would be to start diagonally-down towards the stage and rotate to diagonally-up towards the stage. Doraki says that he's not sure if it's really worth it because you always risk screwing up the regular DI.

4. I think i incorrectly stated Doraki in my fourth question when i said that he mentioned that you can influence your trajectory AFTER being sent flying with DI. I found in a later post that regular DI is done at the end of the hit lag, NOT AFTER like when someone is flying. So i think you have to input the regular DI right away sort of like Smash DI but you don't need to Smash it you just need to quickly select the direction you want to DI once struck, but prior to your flight.

*I also found this example on regular DI:
Hold left or right as an opponent up throws you and instead of going straight up it will make you go slightly to the side that you selected. You can try holding down or up but you'll see that it does nothing. Say a bowser on the edge of Final Destination dies off the side of the level by Fox's forward smash at 100%. Now, if you're holding your stick diagonally up and towards the stage when you're forward smashed, you will live longer. Inversely if you're holding your stick away from the stage and a bit down, you will die earlier.

5. I believe i found something to prove my question correct for # five but i forgot to copy it, so i guess if someone just wants to reassure me that it's correct that would be cool.

6. I though i had found something on this question too but i also didn't copy it and i forgot wethere or not it answered my question completely so any help here would be appreciated.

7. I still wonder about this question, any ideas Doraki?

WELL SORRY FOR ASKING SO MANY QUESTION IN MY FIRST POST THAT JUST NEEDED SOME READING TO GET ANSWERS FOR BUT UNFORTUNATELY I STILL HAVE SOME QUESTIONS THAT I HOPE CAN BE ANSWERED.
THANKS AGAIN.
eLantern

Doraki

Smash Lord
Uwoooh that's a lot
I'm going to work now, I'll look at that in the evening.

1. Yes, you can't reduce your stun time.
However the game doesn't tell you when the stun time is finished.
What the stun time is over, you can go from the stunned animation to the normal fall animation by smashing the stick left or roght.
Hence when you mash left-right-left-right, you get an idea of when the stun time ends when you finally go into the normal fall animation,but that's the only thing it does.
It doesn't prevent you from teching at all.
If you press Y or X regularly, your character will double jump as soon as possible after the stun ends.
I don't remember the specifics, but you will jump if you input a jump in a 50-frame window before the stun ends.

2. a) No, the strength and angle of the hit depend on the hitbox you were hit with and what side of the hitbox.
You can't "escape" a sweetspot by SDIing away from it if you're being hit by it.
However, if you're taking the 1st hit of a combo that will lead into a strong hit (for exemple fox's upair), it's often possible to SDI the weak hit in order to avoid the strong hit completely.

b) In this case you can't SDI up because you have to stay grounded. SDIing down has no effect because of the ground, but you can still DI left or right.
exemples of this are spikes when you're at low % and on the ground ; or fox's dair or shine if you're heavy enough.
It's always good to DI fox's dair left or right.

c) No you don't have to put a direction.
You have to press L/R, and you have to hit a wall/ceiling/floor at some point.
Sometimes (when recovering), you won't hit that wall if you don't SDI or at least ASDI into it.
If you want to perform a wall-tech-jump, you have to be holding up on the control stick a few frames after the end of the hitlag, basically when you start moving after a tech.

4,5. yes

6. Ground techs happen when you can use ASDI down to make you fall into the ground on the 1st frame of the trajectory.
Like you can SDI and ASDI into walls in order to get a wall tech, you can ASDI down in order to get a ground tech.
(you can't SDI down for a ground tech ; if it was possible, you could tech anything on the ground, that would be cheap)
So if the altitude you would normally get on the 1st frame of the trajectory is lower than the distance of an ASDI down, you'll be able to hit the ground and have an opportunity to tech.
Crouch cancelling helps ground teching a lot since it reduces knockback (speed) significantly.

7. You input SDI, ASDI and regular DI during the hitlag frames.
After the hitlag, and until your stun finish, you have absolutely no way at all to do anything, you can just wait watching the parabol you're doing. (and watch falco hit you again and again and again until you die no matter the DI you do on his moves)
At the end of the stun, your character will reduce his horizontal speed gradually even if you don't do anything and you'll be quickly falling straight down
(unless you're jigglypuff, who will instantly go straight down after the stun)
If you're holding a direction you'll gain some speed in that direction while still being in the stunned animation.
So yes, aerial control smoothly takes over your trajectory after the hitstun.

eLantern

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all those explainations Doraki. You are a great help.

But I just want to make sure i completely understand this after reading your answers...
Once the frames of hit lag are over and lets say i missed my oppertunity to input any type of DI there is absolutely nothing i can do but watch my character fly away stunned and possibly to his or her death.
Using the control stick (for DI) and C-stick (for ASDI) do nothing for me while i'm flying and that's the truth even if i did input my DI within the hit lag time once i'm flying i can't do anything but again watch and wait to see if I hopefully got the DI inputted in time to save my life.
Though I might actually want to tap the control stick in the direction of the stage to try to figure out when i'm recovered from the stun.

THIS ALL SOUNDS RIGHT, Right?
eLantern

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Hey, What is tech chasing and how do you do it? I heard the term before(can't remember where) and it kinda stuck with me?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
its simply when you predict and follow someones tech (whether it be a missed tech, tech, or tech roll) you want for the invisiblity frames to end and punish their tech. A good example is sheik. She is fast, and if you notice the opponent teching away from you, you can follow them and d-smash, so when they finishing teching they get hit.

My question: is it possible to ASDI and tech off of Marths forward smash while you are on ground?

Doraki

Smash Lord
My question: is it possible to ASDI and tech off of Marths forward smash while you are on ground?
yes. if you're smashed towards the left, hold down-left with the control stick and down withe the c-stick.
If your % isn't too high, you survive.
If not, well, you die because of horrible DI =) =)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
thanks for clearing that up!

yeah, di is a bad part of my game: for the longest time I thought that holding against the way way you were hit helps...so I need to get into the habit of DIing properly :/

Magus420

Smash Master
jumping out on the first possible frame is super easy to do, just press jump while falling and wait a bit. You can input the jump way before the stun ends and it'll make you jump automatically.
I forget where we were talking about it before involving doublejump buffering but since then I tested and found that, in 1.0 at least, DJ buffers don't work on knockbacks that put you into the tumble animation. It doesn't work out of shieldstun or after attacking either from what I've seen. They do, however, work after taking weak hits and are quite apparent. It works in the air or on the ground (if it's too weak to cause you to leave the ground or if it sends horizontally or lower into the ground like Fox's d-air, Sheik's needles, and Ganon's reverse u-air). It works through landing lag too. The only exception I've noticed is Fox's shine on the ground. While the ones that stay on their feet can buffer a jump out of it in the air they can't do it on the ground for some reason. The ones that fall down can't do either like they should normally.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
nice job on this thread, you've answered some of my questions about that.... So I have no question xD

EDIT: Also I noticed this D orak I

Doraki

Smash Lord
I forget where we were talking about it before involving doublejump buffering but since then I tested and found that, in 1.0 at least, DJ buffers don't work on knockbacks that put you into the tumble animation. It doesn't work out of shieldstun or after attacking either from what I've seen. They do, however, work after taking weak hits and are quite apparent. It works in the air or on the ground (if it's too weak to cause you to leave the ground or if it sends horizontally or lower into the ground like Fox's d-air, Sheik's needles, and Ganon's reverse u-air). It works through landing lag too. The only exception I've noticed is Fox's shine on the ground. While the ones that stay on their feet can buffer a jump out of it in the air they can't do it on the ground for some reason. The ones that fall down can't do either like they should normally.
So did you find that it only works after taking non-techable hits ?

I've tried it on someone's upthrow on an ntsc version here and it worked, and I didn't do any other test.
I feel it does it on every move when you're in the air.. when you're on the ground, I don't know at all ; I thought you could only buffer a jump while landing with the control stick and not with the buttons...

If I remember correctly the frame window considered is around 50 frames. Input a jump less than 50 frames before the stun ends and you will double jump.

I think I'm going to do some more careful tests.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Wow I just got the weirdest results again !!

Apparently the double jump buffering works only at high % .. strange..
I have a fox upsmashing another fox, at 50% after the hit, he can't double jump buffer ; and at 51% or more, he can ...

Doing upthrows and backthrows on kirby got weird results, somehow he can jump before his stun time ends or am I hallucinating things.
But I think it'sjust kirby ; him and jigglypuff have glitched jumps and meteor cancels.

I wish I hadn't broken my AR now ... .... .....

Top Bottom