• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Better Disney Rep Than Sora: Scrooge McDuck for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, I can hear all the groans already, but hear me out.

Scrooge McDuck, whether you like it or not, is somewhat of an icon for 8-Bit gaming, being a part of one of the greatest licensed games ever created: Ducktales for the NES, which has recently received a remake in the form of Ducktales Remastered. Yes, he appeared in the Disney cartoon Ducktales before his game, but his impact on gaming history goes beyond almost any other cartoon character's.

I see Scrooge using his powers from the game: Pogo Cane, Golf Club Cane, etc. And hey, his Final Smash can even be the Money Pit from the theme song.

I'll add some more to the description (movesets, support icons, etc.) once I get a few supporters with some ideas, so let's speculate!

Here's some music to listen to while discussing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxSJr2xErUE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_80PQ543rM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFffRvPfig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBgdg7QvZw

Supporters: Arcadenik, MorbidAltruism, Tepig2000, MaskO'Gears, FalKoopa, SuperBrawler, 8-Peacock-8, APC99, Altais, KingofPhantoms47, grizby2, SchAlternate, and I think link2702. :troll:

Signiture Icon:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mickey Mouse, Scrooge McDuck, and Wreck-It Ralph are probably the only Disney characters I would support. But I don't expect them to be in Smash ever.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be awesome to have Scrooge McDuck in a Disney vs. Capcom game though...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would support Epic Mickey as Disney. If you get Disney, get their main character. Mickey vs. Mario would be another classic clash. Old School Toon vs. New School Video Game character.

To me, Mario is the Mickey Mouse of video games. Both have their extended notable entourage too

Mickey - Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto

Mario - Peach, Luigi, Toad, Daisy, Yoshi

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Scrooge fighting Mario would be the best moment in any videogame ever. Mostly because I could never imagine him fighting until I heard of Ducktales for NES. I could make a moveset if you want, I just need to watch some playthroughs first. And of course, I'm a supporter.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Scrooge McDuck, Epic Mickey or bust. Wreck-it-Ralph or Sora, I could care less (I am a Kingdom Hearts fan), but bring in Mickey with the paintbrush or give me cane-bouncing Scrooge, I will worship Sakurai more often than I did after Mega Man.

Morbi

Scavenger
Scrooge is the only Disney character I would want. So I support this 100%. He is one of the only WTF characters that I actually want. I am a HUGE Dragon Ball fan, but I wouldn't want to play as Goku. #Scrooge4Smash

D

Deleted member

A near zero percentile is still not zero.

Since the "originate from a video game" rule was never actually said by Sakurai, Scrooge isn't impossible. But boy is he unlikely. So unlikely, I'd bet even for the Space Pirate Captain from Kid Icarus before I would bet on him.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would say that the chance is zero. Scrooge isn't a third party character. If Scrooge is on the NES, he's a character, owned by another company, developed by a third party, and appearing on first party console. Capcom doesn't own him, so he's not a third party character. That's where the term fourth party comes. Although to my knowledge it's not widely use in game terminology, Scrooge still isn't a third party character. He isn't owned by a third party video game company. Sakurai has only ever talked about third party and first party characters being Smash.

However, he should be in the game so we get The Moon theme in Smash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_80PQ543rM

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I, MaskO'Gears, support Scrooge McDuck.

Ducktales... great show.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't think they are going to add characters who didn't originate from videogames.

Having said that, I would main the crap out of Scrooge.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Way better than Sora but...

Still, Smash 4 needs more pogo canes.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So can whoever supports (who didn't say so already) confirm their support?
More specifically 8-Peacock-8, APC99, and SmashChu, because I'm pretty sure you guys do support.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Anyone have a moveset idea? I could try to come up with one too but mine are usually pretty simple (only special moves and final smash).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Scrooge McDuck is mine favourite Disney character of all time. Even though his chances are nil, I certainly do not doubt he would make a formidable competitor in Super Smash Bros. After all, old age and greed will always overcome youth and skill.

I support Uncle Scrooge!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yes, this must be a thing. DEFINETELY!

I support 100%. Scrooge is one of my favorite Disney characters, (I haven't played Ducktales, but he's still among my favorites and I want to play that game so much) and thus would be one of my mains, heck, I'd probably main him as much as I main the entire Kirby cast.

link2702

Smash Champion
not even gonna read the OP's post don't need to;

scrooge did not originate as a gamee character, he's already not eligible for smash by this fact alone.

It doesn't matter how many "reasons" you give saying how he should be allowed, he's already not eligible for the fact that he was a cartoon character first.

Exact same reason as goku and any anime characters.

Sakurai stated years ago during brawl's development, a character had to originate as a game character to even be considered for smash.

D

Deleted member

not even gonna read the OP's post don't need to;

scrooge did not originate as a gamee character, he's already not eligible for smash by this fact alone.

It doesn't matter how many "reasons" you give saying how he should be allowed, he's already not eligible for the fact that he was a cartoon character first.

Exact same reason as goku and any anime characters.

Sakurai stated years ago during brawl's development, a character had to originate as a game character to even be considered for smash.
Sakurai never said this.
It was a misinterpretation. As usual.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Then again, any Disney character is better than Sora.
Eat crap, you blasphemous fiend.

But seriously, as much as Scrooge is great, I don't want him in Smash:

Sakurai is looking for NINTENDO All-Stars, not willy-nilly anything.
The third parties are very limited.

And if any Disney duck gets in, it's gonna be Donald, and only after Mickey and with Goofy too.

Not backseat modding, but this should be in the impossible characters section.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I would say Scrooge is a comic character rather than a cartoon character.

D

Deleted member

nope...i'm pretty sure he made it quite clear as day, if they aren't a game character, they aren't eligible, period.
Did you see the direct words Sakurai said?
Nope?

Then don't act like you know what was said.
(And before you try and be a smartass, I have seen the exact words Sakurai stated.)

link2702

Smash Champion
Highlights:

#31-40: Non-Nintendo characters added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform. They cannot be from a manga/anime. The tentative number of non-Nintendo characters to be added after Snake is 1-2, but this can still change.

anime, basically cartoons, he made it quite clear there, no cartoon characters in smash.

now why don't you get your head outta your ass and quit hoping for characters that stand 0 chance in hell of getting in smash.

Of course it just makes it all the more sweet and hilarious when the characters you keep hoping will show up such as anime/cartoon characters are no where to be found:happysheep:

cuz then i am in full right to rub your nose in it even more.

keep on hoping for characters that stand no chance, y'all are only setting yourselves up for the disappointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom