• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/06/2008 GIGABITS - Back to the Brawling!

PolMex23

Smash Champion
You have it man its the first match and last with Colbol an Garbonzo.
First was the sex kick after turtle. 3rd was the "Elegant Polmex Air Combo" lol

Upload me an Fenrirs please xD

Master Raven

Smash Master
I like to play a lot of the characters, but if I wanna win most of the time I'm gonna use MK, DK or DDD (been picking up DDD recently).

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I don't even recall if i even have a recorded match of the "polmex combo" in the air lol...

that was all the doubles matches uploaded... now working on singles tomorrow at most or in 30 min. castle crashers ftw
u better upload grand finals and all finals unless u want me to slap the *** out of afro like im his father for being a *****

Masky

Smash Master
Polmex if you saw my match vs Fearless you'd know just how true that statement is

-_-

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Yea GaW is a ***** on wheels.

Wheels and a hammer, man hole cover, aggressive turtle, Angry fish from a bowl, air gun thing, Over sized credit card with alot of debt, Large Key, Harmless looking Torch untill you touch, Insecticide gun, Flag, a bucket, Fireman catcher thing trampoline, and most importantly a **** chair.....

I hate him, and love him

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I feel like I'm inventing Fox as I go...and I also feel that the more I learn, the deeper the game gets. Seriously, I'm having an amazing time playing the game right now....as a single character. And it's not like I'm just getting owned either. I'll gladly money match every Snake and metaknight I come across...so yeah.
I feel the same way with Kirby.

I still love melee though.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Yea GaW is a ***** on wheels.

Wheels and a hammer, man hole cover, aggressive turtle, Angry fish from a bowl, air gun thing, Over sized credit card with alot of debt, Large Key, Harmless looking Torch untill you touch, Insecticide gun, Flag, a bucket, Fireman catcher thing trampoline, and most importantly a **** chair.....

I hate him, and love him
I think I remember telling you to have a seat :-p

Gingerr

Smash Lord
playing top tier characters that auto win just isnt fun at all in brawl.
I'm not really quoting this because I directly disagree with you, I'm quoting this because I feel it's most relevant to what I'm about to say:

Playing Meta Knight isn't auto-win if you actually want to play him at a very high level. Sure, you can be gay as **** with him, and you can very easily play him at a decent level and beat all of your scrubby friends, but if you really want to take your time to dedicate yourself to all aspects of the character, and learn everything there is to learn, and try to play like THE M2k, then no, it's not easy, and it actually takes a lot of time and work to learn how to correctly and safely space a lot of things.

Playing Meta Knight is easy, playing Meta Knight at a high level, isn't. The people that don't understand this haven't taken the time to really try to dedicate themselves to the character, in my opinion.

Also, if anyone thinks I'm a tier *****, you can suck it. I love Meta Knight because he's cute as **** and he actually makes me want to play the game. Hunter and I played Meta Knight leap frog tonight and it was so cute :3

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So, basically Sheik in Melee.
MK in Brawl is Sheik in melee...

think about it

both cover their face
both counter 2/3 of the cast
both have good priority, range, and speed...and safe moves
both are beaten by Fox in their respective games...

coincidence? I think not...

Master Raven

Smash Master
Good **** Ginger! I oughtta show MK johners that post of yours next time they pull out some silly argument like "he's too easy to use waah". I myself main MK simply because I've been wanting him in the Smash roster since Melee, and I got my wish in Brawl. I'm just lucky he happens to be really ****ing good.

How does Fox do decent vs MK aside from that ****ing Usmash? o_O

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I'm not really quoting this because I directly disagree with you, I'm quoting this because I feel it's most relevant to what I'm about to say:

Playing Meta Knight isn't auto-win if you actually want to play him at a very high level. Sure, you can be gay as **** with him, and you can very easily play him at a decent level and beat all of your scrubby friends, but if you really want to take your time to dedicate yourself to all aspects of the character, and learn everything there is to learn, and try to play like THE M2k, then no, it's not easy, and it actually takes a lot of time and work to learn how to correctly and safely space a lot of things.

Playing Meta Knight is easy, playing Meta Knight at a high level, isn't. The people that don't understand this haven't taken the time to really try to dedicate themselves to the character, in my opinion.

Also, if anyone thinks I'm a tier *****, you can suck it. I love Meta Knight because he's cute as **** and he actually makes me want to play the game. Hunter and I played Meta Knight leap frog tonight and it was so cute :3
I believe you've taken Zoro's post wrong, as he is probably refering to the amount of good matchups MK has, not the ease it takes to use him at a experienced level(M2K, forte, Azen, Chu, Plank, east coast, etc). Zoro is a smart guy, I doubt thats what he meant.

Good **** Ginger! I oughtta show MK johners that post of yours next time they pull out some silly argument like "he's too easy to use waah". I myself main MK simply because I've been wanting him in the Smash roster since Melee, and I got my wish in Brawl. I'm just lucky he happens to be really ****ing good.

How does Fox do decent vs MK aside from that ****ing Usmash? o_O
Lol, saying hes too easy to use is a simple cop out that people use.

Play a good fox and find out.

Zoro

Smash Champion

Metaknights win thats what they do
Ganons dont if i win with ganon im doing something that isnt expected

thats an auto win for metaknight
dont complicate it.

and i have no MK johns raven
I love playing against metaknight
being metaknight is boring even gmoney said so. The only people still playing are the people that know they can win with him.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
good stuff 8 bit xD

I cant wait till you uplaod me an fenrirs.

Lets stop talking about Meta Knight an Brawl...im kinda gettin bored already :embarrass

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Getting owned by that much tornado shows I'm behind the metagame (cause of my lack of attending brawl tourneys)...guess I'll have to hope Rx doesn't SB (only tornadoing occasionally) from now on when we play and actually helps me learn to deal with it!!!
You're too cool Andy.

I just finished watching that match... and -.-

I'm incredibly disappointed with Rx as a player...and even a person for that. Do I expect him to do everything possible to win? sure I do... but are you serious? You're using a tactic you don't use in friendlies against him in a freakin tournament? something like 50 times? At what point does wanting to win just become shameless? that was ********. I mean, you're living with him...how lame is that, John? NO amount of money or rep in this game can constitute playing that way against a so-called friend. I'm seriously disappointed in you.

If you take offense to that and want to MM me, I'll take it. I really don't care. You have given me no more reason to respect you as a person. I DARE you to try tornado against me.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
That was a ridiculous match to watch...did you see him vs. that skilled D3 player as well? same **** different day, I heard him say at gigs "My meta has gotten a lot more technical" give me a break...sorry but this just made me extremely mad, seeing an awesome snake player like QDVS go down like that...just wow..BTW COLBOL YOU'RE GAY FOR TAKING ME OUT AGAIN, second gigs you've knocked me out in....QUEERZ

Toneh

Smash Lord
he kept doin it bc the snake never grenade countered well, its easy to stop. he wasnt being punished for it lol.
mk counters ddd, but instead of chain grabs (ddd -> dk) its done by tornado.

AfroQT

Smash Master
PEE RAWR holdin it down, i saw you tryin to mana burn me in my match.
And i hate being recorded and made it known at gigs, but w/e everyone NEEDS VIDS.
Galeon how can you enjoy watching that? Danny fanboi must be right, or just really wanting me to lose.

And yeah, i feel the same way about Rx Fenrir. He had told me he had changed, yeah that was a lie. Its amazing that you can just scrub someone out of a win like that, but w/e.

Either way, im officially making MK my main.
Yeah zoro you were right. I dont have fun with this game anymore, so i can imagine thats how its been for you for awhile.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I know I didn't deal with it properly (and I will learn to deal with it), but the reason I was annoyed is Rx never does it to me THAT badly in friendlies (we're roommates), so there was NO WAY for me to know how to deal with it!!!

Whereas I feel like I play him the same in tourneys as friendlies, I assumed Rx would play like we do in friendlies (which we go pretty even so IMO he doesn't need tornado to win)!!!

I have always said I don't have a problem with losing to Rx, I just dislike that he resorted to tornado to do it (when IMO he could beat me fine without it)!!!

I don't think Rx intentionally SBs in friendlies (doesn't tornado), I think he just finds it boring and thinks I'd hate him if he did!!!

But now I've told him I won't friendly his MK unless he tornadoes me, till I can know how to deal with it!!!

:colorful:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well Andy, you're being cool as ice about all this. I really respect you for that. But yeah, I can understand not playing the same in friendlies as you do in tournament. I kinda suffer from that usually. I'm trying to break it, though. BUt this was blatant. He knew exactly what he was doing and did it anyway against a friend and roommate? I mean...seriously? I don't know about everybody else around, but to me, Smash fame and money are passing, but I'm never just screwing a friend over like that. that's wrong.

I'm not saying it's not a viable tactic. that's not it. I'm just saying not preparing your friend for it, then pulling it when it matters...that's wrong. It's shameless and low, and I don't have any respect for John left. I used to defend him, but I was wrong. that's low.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess to me...it's more that I thought he just DIDN'T tornado anymore!!!

Since he would tell me he doesn't do it much/need it...so whenever we friendlied I thought he was playing by his new style, not needing tornado, therefore I never cared to ask him to tornado me all day (since I figured he was past that phase of metaknight or didn't even think of doing it anymore)!!!

So I've never thought when I told him to not SB and do what he had to do, that he'd do that!!!

>_<

So yeah that's just how I felt about the whole situation...not much more needs to be said really!!!

:colorful:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
PEE RAWR holdin it down, i saw you tryin to mana burn me in my match.
And i hate being recorded and made it known at gigs, but w/e everyone NEEDS VIDS.
Galeon how can you enjoy watching that? Danny fanboi must be right, or just really wanting me to lose.

And yeah, i feel the same way about Rx Fenrir. He had told me he had changed, yeah that was a lie. Its amazing that you can just scrub someone out of a win like that, but w/e.

Either way, im officially making MK my main.
Yeah zoro you were right. I dont have fun with this game anymore, so i can imagine thats how its been for you for awhile.
u seriously stop being a ***** ***got tell him to put up the vids omg. I need to study the vids u know. if u dont like being recorded dont watch em. just man up. dont be like m2k cuz he's ***** when it comes to vids ***** whinny asss kids i swear these days. wurd up son wurd up

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Hm, I guess that means I have to work on the Wario-Snake matchup. Good stuff Gmoney. Oh, and didn't our set get recorded Andy?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
You're too cool Andy.

I just finished watching that match... and -.-

I'm incredibly disappointed with Rx as a player...and even a person for that. Do I expect him to do everything possible to win? sure I do... but are you serious? You're using a tactic you don't use in friendlies against him in a freakin tournament? something like 50 times? At what point does wanting to win just become shameless? that was ********. I mean, you're living with him...how lame is that, John? NO amount of money or rep in this game can constitute playing that way against a so-called friend. I'm seriously disappointed in you.

If you take offense to that and want to MM me, I'll take it. I really don't care. You have given me no more reason to respect you as a person. I DARE you to try tornado against me.
Lol i agree. but i dont hate john i luve him like a brother. i just wont ever let him play me in friendlies lol so after i beat him in a tourney set i wont even play him SBing period. besides mk is one of my match up that i know now unlike b4 I'd fear any mk that uses tornadoes lol. i doubt he can even touch me at this point. he could if i let him play friendlies with me so he can learn lolol

Top Bottom