• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/06/2008 GIGABITS - Back to the Brawling!

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
So, yeah, I gave away all the Wendy's coupons I had left. I had about 34 of them when I got there... oh well. I probably wont be going to a Wendy's in a while. Enjoy the free food people, it was my pleasure to share the wealth.

But yeah, I had so much fun. Bane, great to see you again, it's been too long.

I hope to come to another Gigs soon. And not like last time I said soon... which turned out to be about a year,... yeah, it's been that long...

I'm still not pleased with having to fight PolMex the first round... that was lame.

*sugh*

I better see some of you people in two weeks at Brawl Wars,... or else.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
I do not really do shouts but I do have a few things I want to get out there:

1) Best Gigs personally. Love playing with people that are better than I am. I felt accomplished in my performances today.

2) How about me getting hit on twice today... And none of them fat or just plain ugly. Ok, so one was ugly but still...

3) Everyone that kicked it with me at all today was pretty awesome. Internet Johns aside, you guys made my morning, day, and evening. Awesome talking to all of you, and meeting some of you. Playing all of you (except my first match but I am not Johning it, I just am mad I lost it) and learning from most of you.

4) Doubles Brawl is better than Melee Doubles. However, Melee singles is WAYYYY better than Brawl singles.

5) "Skid-mark Snapper" FTW!

6) 2 girls 1 cup talk while I am playing my tournament match almost costing me a stock at low damage was hilarious.

7) Establishing Donkey Kong as having a chance at being the most manly character in brawl (a tie and no shirt? Manly times 10).

Ok, so I have one shout out. Sig plz thanks to you all.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Ginger happy birthday didnt know it was your b day lol or whatever xD.

I better see you in 2 weeks, in a diff outfit lol.

Yall best be comin for brawl wars.

You to Elam

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
This tourney was ridiculously fun! :lick: SHOUTS

Gingerrrr: You're still awesome! LOL @ other people for various reasons (u know)

Jacksonville: DairWeGo! That's what we call the snee-app-uh!
Casanova: Teaming with you was a blast (even though we didn't make it that far)!
FIU: I heart you guys (pattycake with Chazlie, daaamnn)! 8-bit, the whole live feed idea was really COOL! Danny, I hope you got my message. I wish I was around to see the win, but I had to go... Just let the haters hate, brahh! :laugh:
HRNUT GDX n Crew: We should've hung out more, guys. I'm so glad we finally got to play again, Nick. It was really fun. Neroy for president!
Masky: You walking in front of semen demons was not cool, but you're straight (easy mistake). Your Ness is still sick and that random MM was SO FUN! Let's play more friendlies next time. :)
Wario: You're the man! I'm gonna play the **** out of your new game coming out for the Wii!
Melbourne: Where were you guys at? :( (this goes for a lot of you guys out there actually)

everyone else: I love all of you guys (and you know how I feel)! I'm too lazy to mention all you cool people... zzZ

Those who complimented me on my Wario, thank you.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Results:

1. Danny (c. doc) (Pit)
2. Leh' (Afro Thundah) (Mk and Snake)
3. HRnut (Random box <--- not really but it's Falcon, marth, snake, olimar)
4. Rx- (Mk and Falcon)

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Ginger happy birthday didnt know it was your b day lol or whatever xD.

I better see you in 2 weeks, in a diff outfit lol.

Yall best be comin for brawl wars.

You to Elam
Haha! Thank you, thank you! I try to wear different outfits nearly every tournament, but that would get way too expensive. You would probably be disgusted by how much time I put into what I plan to wear to a SMASHTOURNAMENT.

Also, I forgot while I was in the car, shout out to Hungrybox for many, many lolz.

*5 seconds after I walk in* "So Ginger, how about that dmbrandon?" LOLZ

<3 I had such a good time.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Well run gigs!

Masky Z Lio - should camp mo'

Gmoney- rematch my DK plzz

Fenrir- more matches plz! I never got to see it all.

Q- byad

Colin- WERSE!

Amber- will receive the first heart surgery in outer space

Rx- will feel my essence soon enough.

Mitchell- more cc kyick!

Hungry- sorry i couldn't pull off what you were trying to tell me, thanks for being there.

Bane- G&W is a negriderm

Aasem- underrated!

Sheer- 3-4 frames lag, idk man...you could prolly beat Isaiah in person.

Props to hiro and 8 bit on KO'ing me!

See n meet more of you guys some other time!

there was sex on the melee tv that whole gigs.

also, someone really showed the toilet who was boss.

Finch

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Finch - you're so gay stop leaving early

Amber - thanks a lot for teaming with me and taking my tv and stuff

Frames - give brawl a chance? except these results are super gay

xYz - always good to see you man. We definitely need to play brawl as often as possible so my lucario can get good.

Rx - shameless

andy - throw more nades

gingerr - we still need to do ICs stuff and do teams. Maybe I'll go to brawl wars.

afro - we didn't hang out nearly enough.

alvin - see you tues/thurs

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Results:

1. Danny (c. doc) (Pit)
2. Leh' (Afro Thundah) (Mk and Snake)
3. HRnut (Random box <--- not really but it's Falcon, marth, snake, olimar)
4. Rx- (Mk and Falcon)
5. Sheermadness(Kirby)

Does anyone knows who else got 5th or 7th?

Me and xYz also got 4th in Doubles, if anyone cares.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
ok time for some of my shout outs:

sensei- great matches man. your game and watch really pissed me off. sorry about your match with rx. you'll find a way around that tornado next time.

pasqual- hey thanx for those matches with peach. shes really hard for me. we should definitely play next time. keep practicing. and btw, you weren't the only peach there. i saw marin using peach as well. kickass!

ginger- it was really nice to meet you. i enjoyed those friendly matches on the pirate ship :laugh:. lets play again with your partner trying to down air me again with ganon, lol.

mask- man your ness was sick! i know you told me its not worth the effort to try to master ness, but i'm gonna give it a shot. sorry about what that pikmin did to you. stupid pikmin. lets play again in the next gigs.

marin and zoro- those were some great matches i saw you two play in. keep it up! and zoro, i really wanted to mm you against your ganon, but maybe next time (i can still only give a dollar :laugh:)

afro thundah- thanx for making me the center of attention for a moment :laugh:. i wanna play your snake next time, so let me know if your up for in the next gigs.

weeg- how i hate your luigi. **** i never seen a luigi that good! i'll get you next time! lol.

nevershootme- thanx for recording those matches of me and my partner playing. really appreciated. let me know if you ever post them on youtube. thanx.

lime_backwards and polmex- great matches you guys. lets brawl doubles again at the next gigs. i'm going to do better next time!

sworddancer9034- hey man you're a decent rob. keep practicing and you'll get better.

h1roshi- hey man, glad that you got your car problem taken care of. keep representing kirby and i'll do the same.

h-box (hako)- hey man glad to see you again. can't believe you forgot who i was! that was an intense match with you and h1roshi on halberd. you'll get em next time.

sprinkles (i think thats how you pronounce it)- great to see you again. represent yoshi some more man. he's too awesome he need more rep! and your melee sheik rocked. see ya next time.

sheermadness- those matches with your kirby were sick. looks like i got another kirby rival. keep it up!

and gigs- thanx for hosting awesome tournaments. i'll hopefully be there for the next gigs tournament. thanx a lot.

and to everyone else who i didn't get to, i had a lot of fun. hopefully i'll see you guys at the next gigs. peace.

Zoro

Smash Champion
So was there only live feed for this?

None of the matches were recorded?

Wish i could have stayed for singles but i wasnt even supposed to be there in the first place
Parent johns

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
yo lime.. next gigs you guys are stayin with me and playing all night along with others that might wanna stay.. hit me up sucka.. i live like seriously 1 minute from gigs
I'll try, I work both Friday nights and Sunday mornings usually. I had to pull teeth and nail to get this weekend off. We'll see though, I can still try to get the weekend off. Although, October is around when "season" starts,... so it wouldn't be in my best interests to give up a Friday night. Maybe if I take off a Sunday, and crash there after Gigs, than leave Sunday whenever... hmm,... I like that....

edit@ Zoro: No, the live feed was being recorded also. He had his webcam looking at his screen while the matches were recording so there was both. Pure genius in my books, just pure genius.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Zoro....when we partnerin???

Killing power will be too much, everyone would have to just put down there conts an run.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sheer madness has great mindgames...but im dumb for not realizing my controls were wrong. Oh well

I lost faith in my diddy for 3 seconds against colbol. Instead of counterpicking FD with diddy for the 3rd game, i went battlefield and game and watch...not sure what i was thinking, but its a lesson i gotta learn

ggs to everyone i played in singles and doubles. Danny is too good in singles and doubles. hrnut is too good at playing all the characters. Neroy is too good at being loud AND funny, plus his ness is sick-nasty. And it was good to see xYz again

come to my tourney in 2 weeks, all of you. that'll give you some time to save up your monies and make plans!

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
5) "Skid-mark Snapper" FTW!
Gah, that was the craziest conversation ever. Too good indeed.

6) 2 girls 1 cup talk while I am playing my tournament match almost costing me a stock at low damage was hilarious.
If you're matches didn't take so **** long we wouldn't have to run the gamut on so many subjects! Watching your ROB get a tan on Delfino was great. MORE AGGRESSIVE.

Marin's repping Peach? Ditto next Gigs plz, we'll still finish before Ghaude :laugh:

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Nevershootme did the live stream and recorded a lot of videos at the same time. But you guys gonna have to wait until tonight since he's still in Orlando/on his way back.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Any chance of a list before then maybe? I know he started recording one of my tourney matches against Nutritional Facts on the small tv next to the main one, but not sure if he switched over to the other in the middle or not.

Good **** to him for streaming the event, recording the matches, and having time to own people up with MK.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I doubt it since he has a 4 hour drive ahead of him to come back down to Miami. But I'll probably help him upload the videos so that they will all be up faster.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Good tournament.

As to whoever took the GigaDump we had to call rotorooter to get the toilet unclogged. Good job :laugh:

As some of you may have heard during the tournament some butt decided to call Orange County Police and tell them that we were over occupancy (not sure if this was a customer, or business near us, or a competitor) so orange county sent out Police and the Firemarshall.

Our building had no set occupancy limit and the Orange county Firemashall determined that everything was OK and that we were under occupancy (which is around 70-80 people - they haven't fully determined yet).

So in the future if we hold larger tournaments over 70 people we will have to do 2 32 person brackets at a time and make everyone else go hang out at mcdonalds or silvermine or something. We will have to think it over.

Anyways thanks to you all for being great as usual.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Tourney was mad fun (until finals). Me and danny had close but gay matches. All good though because he knows his character really well, he just outsmarted me in the end i fell for things i shouldnt of fell for.

Iunno how it was for danny but i completely destroyed everyone up until Danny (only other match i lost in a set was once to hrnut). Gmoney your wario isnt as bad as i thought but i thought it was manly how you didnt go meta knight second game (which me and hunter thought you were definitely gonna do). Nothings changed much though from CFL, cept for maybe Hbox who got much better, sorry for the gay loss to chaz but hey...thats brawl. Sheermadness owning it up as kirby to was awesome =D, I think kirbys really good im happy your sticking with him.

Ryan Sparks gaying out on us at 8 am was gay but w/e.

Other then finals though tourney was mad fun, discussing who was the manliest character, polmex clogging the toilet, and bull****ing our way to 4th place in doubles with Hunter (Best Toon Link ever).

Sadly i think im done with brawl for awhile. Just not enjoying the game anymore. The people are cool and money is always nice, but not having fun isnt worth it (not like i really need the money). The time i spend practicing brawl could be better spent practicing Guilty Gear for blaz blue (Slayette, Top Hat Kid, and Cat Girls).

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Mwarhead, that is some of the most *** stuff I have ever heard. If you are going to do that (and I understand you might not have a choice), then I will not make that drive anymore. I can just go to the Tallahassee tournaments instead.

And no I am not making any threats (seriously, I am not because I LOVE Gigabits tournaments) but that is insanely lame. For someone to call on you was about the lamest thing I have ever heard of and that solution would really suck. We want to be able to watch matches as they unfold...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
For anybody that actually looked at the coupons I handed out, but didn't really look... you may have found out they expire on August 30th...

but do not fret, it is for August 30th 2009. The coupons have already mindgamed a few of you. But this post is for those who didn't look, or those who did and are no longer within my presence.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Brawl doubles >>>>>>> brawl singles

Oh and results to my knowledge are:

1. Danny
2. Afro
3. Hrnut
4. Rx
5. Gmoney
5. Sheermadness
7. Col Bol
7. Chaz