• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8Bitman's ARCADE ODYSSEY Tournament! CHECK 3/14/13 UPDATE! - March 30th, 2013 - Miami, Florida

Would you like Pictochat added to the Counterpick List?

• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No, it's Pictochat

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this tournament only motivated me further in my resolve that RR pools are an abomination in any decent sized FGC tournament

And that high level brawl players would be so good at AE if they played

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
gdx i forgot to talk to u about it but i'm actually very interested in learning Street fighter

it's the only 2d fighter i think i'd be good at

8Bitman

Smash Master
Wow, actual constructive criticism. Thank you everyone. I know RR Pools are dumb. but I did it for two reasons, the not so great players receive more playing time and incentive to come back because they didn't play for 20 minutes and leave, no Pools lasted 3+ hours. I also did it, because being my first, semi-large tourney I wanted something not so difficult to manage, RR Pools run itself and running off Bracket Pools, while they are a thousand times better IMO, would have been too much. I apologize.

Lastly, yes I know the venue was crowded, that was the problem with the SM&B tourneys they run Bi-Monthly. 30 entrants and the venue was still crowded. The T.V's were also pretty bad, 1 set-up was laggy, #7. IDK if any others were. They too had volume problems. I understand these things, but they weren't preventing the tourney from running smooth. There were 8 set-ups (I still cannot thank you enough Drew) and never did I need all Set-ups at once, besides Pools of course, thankfully.

I appreciate all the feedback. I understand if no one would want me to host another. Not the best of venues, and not the best of hosts. But I am proud of the outcome. Proud of yall Florida!

BTW, Results thread!!!

http://smashboards.com/threads/8bitmans-march-30th-arcade-odyssey-tournament.335418/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
gdx i forgot to talk to u about it but i'm actually very interested in learning Street fighter

it's the only 2d fighter i think i'd be good at
I think you would make a good Balrog or Adon. two characters that are overall pretty safe, and can dominate the footsies game. I would lean more towards Balrog only because you basically download your opponent and he will be able to easily live the longest/take the least risks while you take that time to analyze them (since hes a charge character and is down back the entire game).

If you absolutely do no want to/cant play charge (I personally fall into that category) then I would suggest Adon or even Fei Long

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
I might try out AE aswell cuz idont fully understand it like when someone's about to become dizzy and when u can use ur supers or something. I just kno how to use some of there basic moves. I've have alwayz been a Ken fan but idk if he's really tha best char for me

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
All about that Sakura/Zangief, AE is a good game

<3 everyone, late mass shoutout to all xP

Nice seeing SFL again, its been far too long, so many cool people. Happy that Tampa did well, and nice to see Miami still being great.

Mewww

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Keith I can play charge, considering at first i was interested in blanka, but i don't like his actual play style

so yeah i could give balrog a try if i had someone here to teach me ****

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yo AE side tourneys from now on so gdx will come
lol this man knows how to bargain

well David if you ever buy AE for 360, PS3, or PC, ill play with you. I own it for all 3. That goes for anyone that wants to play actually.

You probably dont like Blanka cause he feels like the most unsafe charge character in history. Even on hit i can punish Blanka balls with Spiral Arrow with Cammy :laugh:. Meanwhile, boxer is a complete ****, safe, easy to play, hits hard, longer limbs minus blanka slappercut, and has all good normals.

Edit: Honestly if I could play charge i would even play Boxer that ***** is so stupid

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
GDX is just going to teach me Seth's broken ass and I'm going to jump on people's heads.
SF:AE20whatever amateur side tournaments.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Seth is dumb. Theres a reason why he has the lowest health, gets nerfed every patch and still bodies most of the cast

Top Bottom